Work [Lams]

By General-Washington

[FLUFF ONLY ZONE! Smut is just- no] Another Lams too add to the millions out there!!! (Sorry i cant make a bo... More

Chapter uNo
Chapter dOs
Chapter tReS
Chapter CiNcO
Chapter SeIs
Chapter SiEtE
Chapter OcHo
Chapter NuEvE
Chapter DiEz
Chapter OnCe
Chapter DoCe
TrEcE
CaToRcE
QuInCe
DiEcIsEiS
DiEcIsIeTe
DiEcIoChO
DiEcInUeVe
VeInTe
Not an update
VeInTiUnO
VeInTiDoS
VeInTiTrEs
VeInTiCuAtRo
Chapter... wait- TWENTY FIVE ALREADY?!!??!?!
VeInTiSaIs
VeInTiSiEtE
VeInTiNuEvE

Chapter CuAtRo

118 9 50
By General-Washington

(A/N: I am now switching my keyboard to french and am going to write a sentence. The sentence will be 'I am Alexander Hamilton and there's a million things I haven't done'. Alright, french keyboard time; I q, Qlexqnder Hq,ilton qnd thereùs q ,illion things i hqvenùt done)

I walked into the place I now worked at after school was over. I immediately looked around for Alexander. Why am I looking for him? I thought. I walked nervously into the kitchen, still trying to look around for Alexander.

"Are you the new guy?" Someone asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Alright, I'm here to teach you the basics. ALEXANDER!" They shouted.

Alexander quickly came running into room. 

"Whaaaat," He complained.

"Teach this guy the basics," They said, and then walked out of the kitchen.

I stared at Alex. He realized I was there and then smiled at me. I blushed slightly, but pushed it away.

"Right, come on, I'll show you the employees worth getting to know, the ones who are idiots, and the ones who are in the group chat, like you and I," Alexander said.

"Sure," I walked over too him.

He said you and I. You and I. Just you, and I. I said in my head. What? No. Hes not talking about love or anything. My mind is so broken. I followed Alexander around. he introduced me to his friends, avoided the mean people, and showed me the basics of how too take orders. 

"Alright, lets try it out, we'll approach this table and test your skills," Alexander said.

"O-okay," I stuttered, following him over to a group of three adults and a teenager.

I stood in front of the table of people. Alexander stood to my side.

"Is there anything I can help you with for now?" I asked.

"No, thank you though," One of the adults replied.

"Enjoy your time," I said, quickly turning away.

"Great. You'll fit in perfectly. Now I have to go do my job, come and ask for any help if you need it," Alexander said, then left towards the front door of the Crave, where he welcomed new customers in.

Now Alexanders not here. Now I was alone. That's fine, I've always been able to survive on my own. I walked up towards the door and waited for someone to come in.

*~*

I sighed. Wow, John working here. It was quite strange, but not really. I didn't know him, there's just been lots of coincidences. I had to admit though, he... maybe... a bit... had really great hair. Yeah, that. I mean, its true, I was not thinking of anything else.

I started to play some Cat Condo 12 on my phone, waiting for someone to come into the restaurant. I caught myself glancing up from my phone t check on John a couple times. He seemed to be doing well. He was shy, not talkative, but he was funny and lovable. Lovable like a friend. 

"Alexander!" I heard someone shout from the kitchen.

Wait, the kitchen? Who in the kitchen wants me? I hoped nobody would enter Crave while I was gone, and ran back into the kitchens.

"Someone called me?" I asked.

"Yes, its your boss," A man in a suit approached me.

What the heck did I do now?

"Something you need, sir?" I asked, knowing something was about to happen. Something bad.

"So, there's going to be a restaurant critic coming over," My boss started.

Wait- I'm not fired? Sweet!

"You have the best reviews out of any other waiter we have. All the people you serve seem to love you. So I'd like you to serve the restaurant critic," My boss said.

Is this like a kind of promotion? Wait, I'm the best employee? 

"The thing is, with restaurant critics, we have no idea who they are. So, look for someone who looks rich. They are the critic if they ask lots of questions about how the food is prepared, or spend lots of time on their phone or in the washroom," My boss said.

"Okay," I said.

"All the information I know is that they will arrive sometime within right now and an hour," My boss said.

"I understand, sir," I said.

"Get to it, then," my boss said.

I turned around and rushed to the door, behind a small counter top, waiting for people to arrive. Alright. Restaurant critic. My responsibility. I breathed. Right. If I fail, I get fired. If I don't fail, I probably get a promotion. Why was I set up to this?

A woman pushed her way through the door. They looked rich. I activated my normal self. First I read the person, from what I saw, where they a humorous person? A serious person? This person looked like they did not like jokes. They looked bored with life. Now, does that mean they need me to cheer them up? Or they think jokes are dumb?

"Hello, there," I said cheerfully.

"Hello," They gave me a small smile. "Table for just me."

"Alright," I said, looking down at the Ipad-like thing that had all the open tables on it.

I chose a small table on its own in the corner. I clicked on the table so whoever came over here next knew it was taken. Was this the critic? I led them over to the table and they sat down slowly.

"Here's your menu, tell me if you need anything. I'll be serving other people, but if you see me you can ask me to come right over. Take your time to order, and enjoy your day!" I said, putting a menu in front of them.

"Young sir, I would like to know your name," They said.

"Alexander Hamilton, at your service," I said, giving them a little bow.

"Thank you," They said.

I walked away. What was that about? I saw a couple people entering the restaurant and I ran over to them.

"Hello," I said as I neared them.

"Table for four," A woman said, two children jumping around their legs and another woman standing next to them.

"Perfect, come along," I said, smiling.

I brought the people to a table, keeping an eye on who thought was the critic the entire time. I smiled, handing out menu's to the family.

"Here's your menu, tell me if you need anything. I'll be serving other people, but if you see me you can ask me to come right over," I said. "Take you're time, and don't let the kids eat the crayons."

"Sure wont," The woman laughed.

"Behave," I said sternly, pointing at one of the children.

Then I wiggled an eye brow at them and made a funny face. They broke out into a fit of laughter. I smiled and turned away, walking back over to the critic.

"Are you ready to order? If not, that's all right as well," I said kindly.

"No, not yet," They said.

"All right," I said, turning to leave.

Now for my third job inside my first job. I looked around for John. I was kind of his mentor person, so I needed to make sure he was surviving fine. I caught a glimpse of him taking an order. He acted like your average waiter, kind, not really engaging in any conversation besides taking orders.

I walked back over to the family I served earlier.

"Look, the funny guys back. I'm telling you, he made a weird face at me," one of the children said, pointing at me.

"I did no such thing. Don't lie, its bad," I said, looking at the kid.

I suddenly went cross-eyed. I then turned back to the parents like nothing happened while the child laughed. 

"Are you ready to take orders?" I asked politely.

"Yes," One of the adults said. 

~Ten minutes later?~

I rushed back over towards the critic with their food. I set it down in front of them. I made sure to tell the chefs it was the critics order, so they made it extra perfect.

"Here you go," I said, setting it in front of them.

"Tell me, do you have experience with children?" They asked as I finished setting their food in front of them.

"No, I don't have any family, and not really any friends with children. Although, the employees here have given me a kind of family," I said kindly.

"You were acting pretty good with those children," The critic pointing towards the family from earlier.

"My main job is t sere food, and make people laugh," I smiled.

"Could you possibly get me some water?" The critic asked.

"Of course," I said, and walked quickly away.

I entered the kitchens and quickly grabbed a pitcher of water. I needed to be fast, so the critic would like us. Once I reached the critic again, I tripped.

Holy crap I tripped.

The water pitcher fell from my hands and splashed all over the floor. I gasped, reaching down to the floor to pick up the pitcher.

"I am so sorry," I said to the critic.

"Accidents happen," The critic smiled.

Hjffcvhbgjhknl8yvgjghki Thank god they are nice I thought I just ruined my entire career and my entire companies career. I took a deep breath.

"I'll try to get you more water. Sorry for the inconvenience," I said, turning around and breathing deeply.

"Hamilton!" Someone shouted through the restaurant. "Meet me in the kitchens."

I looked around and spotted my boss standing not far from me, glaring at me angrily. I gulped nervously.

"Yes sir," I said.

A couple people stared at me as I walked through the restaurant and into the kitchens. One of those people where John. He was serving some people, but looking at me worriedly. I gave him a small smile to reassure him it was fine. 

Right when I walked into the kitchens, my boss turned around and glared at me intimidatingly.

"Did you just SPILL water on our CRITIC?" My boss said, trying to control their voice.

"It spilled on the floor, and the critic agreed it was an accident," I said calmly.

"Accidents. No excuse. It still happened. You're fired," They said.

"But sir-"

"No, go home," My boss said.

"I-"

"GO HOME!" He roared so loudly I think the Chick-fil-A across the street might have heard him.

I turned around and walked outside quickly, keeping my head down. The entire restaurant was staring at me as I left. I tried not to throw anything at the wall in frustration. I just lost my freaking job. Again. I sighed. What was wrong with me? Why does this always happen?

Why am I such a disappointment?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 344 24
Modern college AU. Probably cringey but hopefully not. Includes more ships but mainly focuses on LAMS. ...what else am I supposed to put here..... Ug...
58.5K 833 26
Hello! So I was bored one day and this happened... It was a product of reading too many Hamilton fanfics. I just want to say thank you to all the peo...
6K 132 42
Alexander knows he loves Laurens. He also knows that he is straight and only has a platonic relationship with Laurens. He does not think about the ta...
103K 383 22
*edited* sidemen imagines + smut <3 just to let you all know, i put warnings at the beginning of every chapter so if you get triggered by these thing...