Trust Me | Hermione Granger x...

By allthebeststories

As Ellie's friends recover from the events from last year, Hogwarts is brewing with mystery and darkness. Bet... More

Cast
Open
Camera
Train
Potions
Picnic
Ginny
Draco's Interrogation
Hogsmeade Trip
Slug Club
Parched
Ron's First Win
Slughorn's Christmas Party
Amelia
Mistletoe
Jersey
The Big Game
Tub
Harry
Trust Issues
Caught
Cheater
Take Care
It's Who I Am
Sectumsempra
Revenge
Here for You
The Quidditch Cup
Steven
Phoenix
As the World Caves In

Quidditch Trials

12.8K 487 684
By allthebeststories

It was early morning on September 14th, 1996. The day of Gryffindor's Quidditch trials. Ironically, today was the day of Hufflepuff's Quidditch trials as well.

Hermione and Ellie sat together in the stands to watch the trials. They sat at the top row, overlooking the students. A few scattered students sat in the stands, but sat a distance. Luna Lovegood sat in the stands just a few feet away from them, along with Lavender Brown. The two watched as a group of students gathered at the pitch, with Harry and Ginny standing in the front. Hermione noticed many of them weren't even in Gryffindor and shook her head in dismay. Ellie could feel the tension Hermione emitted, knowing that Ron would be no match for his opponents. Ellie took her girlfriend's hand and interlaced their fingers together, resting them on her lap. Hermione gave an appreciative smile but still had an anxious look on her face. After a few minutes of chatter as Harry tried to speak over them, Ginny yelled, causing all of them to be shut up in a matter of seconds.

Ron looked terrified and looked to the two girls in the stands. Hermione gave him a wave as Ellie gave an encouraging thumbs-up. A tall, older boy approached Ron, who seemed to be making threatening remarks. The girls immediately recognized him to be Cormac McLaggen. The tall boy looked up at Hermione and winked at her. Ellie felt her blood boil and her anger rise as she squeezed Hermione's hand tightly.

"I swear on Merlin, I'm gonna strangle him," Ellie spat, her body growing hot from anger.

Hermione looked around her surroundings to make sure no one was in earshot.

"My love, calm down. He's not worth it," Hermione reassured in a quiet tone.

Ellie simply huffed as she loosened her grip on Hermione's hand. She didn't say anything, but her expression was clearly bothered.

"It's okay, darling. It's okay..." Hermione whispered and placed a quick peck on her girlfriend's cheek. To her surprise, only Luna witnessed her kiss, who gave a supportive smile to the Gryffindor.

Ron and Cormac were off, each of them assembling in front of separate hoops. Cheers erupted from the stands, saying, "Come on, Ron!" and "Go on, Weasley!" Ellie cheered on the red-head, pumping her fist in the air. Hermione's worried expression grew as her heart raced in fear. She knew Ron couldn't compare to his opponent and was terrified for his safety.

Within seconds, the Chasers were up in the air as they battled to score in Cormac's hoop. The audience's eyes darted everywhere as they fought to hold the Quaffle. Finally, a player tried to score in Cormac's goal but was effortlessly blocked. The boy graciously blocked three more goals, using all of his long legs and lean arms to prevent it from coming in.

Ellie looked over to her girlfriend whose worry was evidently increasing.

"He'll be okay," Ellie assured, indicating to Ron, who looked equally as terrified.

Soon enough, Quaffles were being thrown at Ron's goal. To everyone's surprise, Ron was able to block all of them, using awkward positions and body parts. Hermione winced as he used his head to block one of them. After Ron had blocked the last one, he lost his footing and nearly fell off his broom. He was suspended in the air as only his hands held him up. A cheer erupted from Ellie, encouraging him to get back up. After some struggle, Ron had managed to get himself back up, and Ellie cheered wildly.

Hermione watched as the Chasers made their way to Cormac, who smirked, knowing he would be able to block it. Suddenly, Hermione brought her hand to her face, whispering, "Confundus". Cormac swerved out of the way, letting the Chaser score past him. He looked confused as he stared at his broom in disappointment. A subtle smile crept up to Hermione's face at the sight.

Ellie leaned to whisper in Hermione's ear. "Hmm. Didn't take you as a cheater."

"Don't know what you're talking about," Hermione replied innocently in a low tone, a smirk creeping on her face.

Ellie chuckled as she let go of Hermione's hand to wrap her arm over her shoulders. Hermione settled in as she rest her head on Ellie's collarbone. Ellie made sure to make eye contact with Cormac, then kissed Hermione's head lovingly. Ellie smiled mischievously as she watched anger and jealousy flash in his eyes and pulled her girlfriend closer.

"No, really, darling. Not even using a wand? That's crazy impressive, if you ask me," Ellie muttered, placing another quick peck on Hermione's head.

Hermione blushed as she moved her head to place a small kiss on the underside of Ellie's jaw and nestled her head back on the Hufflepuff's collarbone.

"I think Harry's done with trials. Hufflepuff's up next, you know," Hermione said softly as she watched Harry lead the Gryffindors off the pitch and students started to exit the stands.

"I'm fully aware, love. But I don't want to leave you alone," Ellie replied.

Luna appeared beside them, an innocent smile on her face. "I can stay with Hermione. After all, I don't think you'd mind the extra support."

"That's very sweet of you, Luna. But I don't want to keep you waiting here."

"It's okay, Ellie. I don't have much to do anyways," Luna said as she plopped down on the bench next to Hermione.

After a moment of hesitation, Ellie stood up from Hermione's side, gently removing her resting head from her collarbone.

Ellie looked down at Luna with an appreciative expression. "Thank you... it really means a lot."

"Of course. Anything for a friend," Luna replied with a warm smile.

Ellie turned to her girlfriend and crouched down to her level, her hands resting on the Gryffindor's knees.

"Wish me luck, yeah?"

"You won't need it," Hermione replied in a matter-of-fact tone. Hermione then grabbed Ellie's face gently and placed a small kiss on her lips. "Just in case."

Ellie gave a wink to her girlfriend before rushing down to the Hufflepuff locker rooms. She put on some borrowed practice gear and made her way out to the pitch, holding her broomstick. Within a few moments, the pitch was dotted with about ten other Hufflepuffs, all carrying their brooms proudly with a seemingly experienced stature.

A dark-haired boy with a similar build to Ellie stepped in front of the girl. He stuck his hand out with a smile. "I'm Summerby, by the way."

Ellie shook his hand in return. "Ellie Evans. Nice to meet you."

"As I've heard. Rumor has it you came back to life last year. That's bloody daft." The boy chuckled to himself. Ellie looked to him oddly as she fondled with the ring on her finger.

"Anyways, I'm the Seeker here. Took after Cedric after he... well, you know."

Summerby's all-too-happy expression slightly infuriated her. It seemed that Summerby was ecstatic to take after Cedric's position.

"Well, I'll be trying out for Seeker as well," Ellie replied in a rather chiding tone.

Summerby almost laughed at that statement. "I mean, the spot's pretty much already taken. I did play last year. Plus, I mean, a girl like you? Quidditch is quite the dangerous sport."

"Is that so? Didn't Ginny Weasley catch the Snitch right under your nose last year?"

"That didn't happen," Summerby defended quickly as embarrassment rushed to his cheeks.

"Oh, but it did. Saw it with my own eyes," Ellie countered with a fake smile.

Summerby was left speechless as he quickly walked away to the rest of the group. After just a few moments, the Captain had called for the students trying out for the Seeker position. Ellie stepped up in front of them and mounted her broom as Summerby made his way next to her. He looked flush with embarrassment and gripped his broom tightly.

Ellie looked up the the stands to find Luna and Hermione to be joined by Harry, Ron, and Ginny. Ellie smiled widely as the five of them cheered loudly for her. Ellie made eye contact with Hermione, who mouthed an "I love you". Ellie blushed as she smiled back.

"Assume your positions, Seekers!" the Captain called out, holding the Golden Snitch in his hand.

"Seems like you've got quite the audience there," Summerby muttered in a jealous tone.

"Yeah, I do. And they'll watch me kick your ass," Ellie replied with an overly friendly tone.

"We want a clean game! Ready, 1... 2..." the Captain called out.

Ellie looked up one more time to her girlfriend, who smiled widely in support. Ellie tucked her necklace inside her shirt before turning to adjust herself on her broom.

"... and 3!" the Captain yelled. He released the Golden Snitch into the air as it flew maniacally fast. Ellie immediately raced after the Snitch with Summerby trailing closely behind. They flew up and down, side to side, and over and under as they attempted to catch the flying object. They whirled under the stands, squeezing themselves into tight places.

Though Ellie was quite new, she felt as if she had been playing Quidditch all her life. Needless to say, she was a natural. Summerby started gaining on her as he bumped his shoulder against Ellie's. Ellie looked back and immediately took a sharp turn to avoid being knocked over. She paused for a moment, trying to seek out the Snitch. Within seconds, her eyes caught the golden object as she raced after it. She took one hand off the broom as she reached for the Snitch, but was short a few inches. After a few long seconds of strain, her fingertips grazed the Snitch. She lunged forward as she engulfed the object in her palm, nearly losing her balance on her broom.

Ellie slowed to a stop and opened her palm to reveal the Golden Snitch. She smiled widely as she immediately looked to her friends in the stands. Hermione was on her feet, clapping with a smile. The rest cheered for her loudly, causing the spectating Hufflepuffs on the ground to look at them.

Ellie flew down to the Captain and dismounted her broom. She showed the Snitch to him as he gave a smile.

"We've got our new Seeker!" the Captain announced, bringing Ellie's arm in the air. The rest of the Hufflepuffs clapped for her, some with large smiles and some with disapproving looks.

Summerby flew down next to Ellie, panting from exhaustion.

"You know, I could've had it if your bloody friends would just shut up," Summerby spat.

"Well then, now I know why Hufflepuff didn't win the Cup last year. Seems like Mr.Over-Confident can't handle the pressure," Ellie snarked.

After the rest of the trial had completed, Ellie retreated to the locker room, where she changed out of her clothes and took a quick shower. She began to walk out of the locker room where she was immediately met with an embrace.

"I'm so proud of you, Ellie!" Hermione squealed as she hugged her girlfriend tightly.

"Thank you, love," Ellie replied as she ushered her to walk back to the castle.

"The rest would have waited, but Ron wanted to celebrate early."

"Understandable," Ellie chuckled. "Now, you didn't put a spell on Summerby, did you?"

"Of course not! You really think you'd need it?" Hermione remarked.

"Absolutely not. I was amazing, wasn't I?" Ellie joked as she slung her arm over her girlfriend's shoulder.

Hermione automatically brought her arm around Ellie's waist as she smiled.

"Yes, love. You were fantastic out there," Hermione replied.

The two walked for a bit as they turned into a corridor. They passed a seemingly defeated Gryffindor, who they recognized to be Cormac.

"Hey, bud. Sorry for that rejection," Ellie replied, referencing to both the Quidditch trials and her girlfriend.

Cormac simply narrowed his eyes at Ellie as Hermione tried to suppress her giggle. Ellie tried not to laugh as well as she whisked away her girlfriend around the corner back to the Gryffindor common room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 8.6K 45
Y/N Yaxley is a pure blood Slytherin who arrived at Hogwarts in her third year transferring from the Beauxbatons school of magic. She promised hersel...
553 5 19
NO LONGER UPDATING When Umbridge arrives, someone has [golden] snitched. They tell her that students were allowed to give their opinion to the sorti...
1.4M 45.1K 123
please don't be in love with someone else, please don't have somebody waiting on you. 𝙄𝙉 π™’π™ƒπ™„π˜Ύπ™ƒ the second wizarding war begins, fear seizes...
46.4K 1.9K 31
Brinley Fern, a half-blood Hufflepuff, whose trying to fix her relationship with her family. Hermione Granger, a muggle-born Gryffindor, and Brinley'...