Work [Lams]

By General-Washington

[FLUFF ONLY ZONE! Smut is just- no] Another Lams too add to the millions out there!!! (Sorry i cant make a bo... More

Chapter dOs
Chapter tReS
Chapter CuAtRo
Chapter CiNcO
Chapter SeIs
Chapter SiEtE
Chapter OcHo
Chapter NuEvE
Chapter DiEz
Chapter OnCe
Chapter DoCe
TrEcE
CaToRcE
QuInCe
DiEcIsEiS
DiEcIsIeTe
DiEcIoChO
DiEcInUeVe
VeInTe
Not an update
VeInTiUnO
VeInTiDoS
VeInTiTrEs
VeInTiCuAtRo
Chapter... wait- TWENTY FIVE ALREADY?!!??!?!
VeInTiSaIs
VeInTiSiEtE
VeInTiNuEvE

Chapter uNo

359 9 107
By General-Washington

"I'd like a Northern Light Medium Latte with caramel, please," I ordered into the speaker.

"All right, please head to the next window," A kind voice said.

"Thanks!" I said back, and drove further through the drive through.

"A WE BOM BOM BA WEEEEE," Lafayette screeched in the back of the car.

"IN THE JUNGLE THE MIGHTY JUNGLE THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT," Hercules sang with the Schuyler sisters.

"A wim ba we, a wim ba we, a wim ba we," Lafayette sang in the background.

"IN THE JUNGLE THE MIGHTY JUNGLE THE LION SLEEPS TONIGHT," They sang.

"AH WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE," They all shouted together.

"Will you guys shut it?" I asked. "You're acting like middle schoolers."

"Remember when we got the entire cafeteria to sing that song in middle school?" Angelica said.

"The teachers where pissed," Hercules laughed.

"THIS IS WHY I DON'T DRIVE ANYWHERE WITH YOU!" I complained.

I was dropping them off at their houses after school because it was Christmas break and nobody had cars. Although, I doubt the Schuyler's didn't have cars, they probably had a million and just wanted to annoy me.

I drove around a tight bend and then reached the second window.

"That'll be four thirty nine," A person said, poking their head out the window. 

I gave them a five dollar bill and told them to keep the change. Then I drove to the next window. I waited for someone to poke their head out and hand me my order, but nobody appeared. After a moment I reached my hand out of my window and knocked on the glass. 

"Hello?" I asked.

A moment later the window slid open. I almost gasped. The most handsome man to ever live was sticking his head out the window, their hair was in a complete mess, and they had some coffee stains on their shirt. I don't think they where having the best day.

"Shi-" They said and turned around quickly.

I peered through the window and saw them quickly make a latte. I found myself staring at him and quickly looked away. Nope. Shush. I said to myself before I had any weird thoughts.

"Here you, go, sorry," They said, handing me my order.

"ALEXANDER GET OVER HERE NOW, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" Someone shouted from inside the building.

"Sorry, er um, Happy Christmas!" They apologized again, then sprinted away.

I hope he was okay. He sounded like he was having the worst day ever. 

"Hey, earth to John," Hercules said.

I realized I was staring through the window, trying to get another glance at him. I shook my head and drove the car forward.

"Love at first sight," Peggy joked, making kissy noises.

"Oh my god, shut up," I complained, refraining myself from blushing.

"Now can we go get some Culverssssssss?" Angelica whined.

"YES I'M GOING THERE NOW!" I drove out of the drive through for Caribou Coffee and headed across the street for the Culvers.

I drove slowly into the drive through. I saw a car with a couple reindeer plushies in the back window ahead of me. 

"What do you guys want?" I asked them, glaring through the re-view mirror.

"Three kids meals of corn dogs and two big juicy burgers," Eliza replied.

"You guys are literal children," I sighed.

*~*

I rushed through the Caribou Coffee. I spilled some random persons coffee on myself. Crap crap crap. I went over to make a new one when I heard someone tapping on the window. I rushed over and poked my head out. That guy is really cute- Nope, focus, Alex.

"Shi-" I said, forgetting about making the latte that was just ordered.

I rushed away and prepared the guys latte. I rushed back over to the window. The latte was sloppy and messy.

"Here you go, sorry," I apologized, trying not to get distracted in his eyes.

"ALEXANDER GET OVER HERE, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" My boss shouted.

"Sorry, er um, Happy Christmas!" I said, slamming the window shut and running to my boss.

I ran into the kitchens where he was glaring angrily at me.

"DID YOU SPILL THIS ON THE FLOOR?" He yelled at me.

"I'm sorry! I'm trying to do my best, but the three people who are supposed to be helping never showed. Now I'm taking orders, preparing orders, and handing the people there food and I have to take orders that aren't form the drive through-"

"NO EXCUSES," My boss interrupted. "CLEAN THIS UP!"

"Yes sir!" I said, grabbing a mop.

"Hello, I'd like to order?" I heard a voice say through the microphone.

I rushed over to it.

"Yes, sorry, please order," I said, grabbing a pencil t write down their order.

"ALEXANDER, GET TO CLEANING!" My new boss yelled.

My old boss had been replaced with this idiot a week ago. I don't know why my old boss left, she had been a nice old lady who was surprisingly good at striking deals and great with business. Now I had this... monstrosity of a boss.

"I'm taking someones order!" I responded.

"I'll do it, clean," My boss said and I sprinted towards the mop again.

I started to mop the floor when I heard someone at the counter.

"Hello?" They asked.

Frickity frick frack. I thought, dropping the mop and running to the counter. The person ordering looked surprised and worried.

"You look overworked," They said.

"I-I'm fine, may I take your order?" I asked.

"ALEXANDER GET OVER HERE!" My boss yelled.

"I'm so, so sorry," I apologized to the person and sprinted away.

"ALEXANDER WE ARE TRYING TO RUN A GOOD BUSINESS HERE!," My boss shouted. "CLEAN THE FLOOR!"

You know what? frick it. I thought.

"No," I said, stomping away.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" My boss roared. "YOUR FIRED!"

"GOOD!" I yelled back and walked outside, slamming the door behind me.

I'll go find a different place to work at. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and opened the Uber app. There was someone nearby and I asked them to pick me up and drive me to any place that had a 'We're Hiring' sign.

The Uber came quickly, and I sat inside the passenger seat as my Uber driver drove me slowly down the road, looking for 'We're Hiring' signs.

"Sir, does that work?" The driver asked.

I saw them pointing at a McDonalds, they had a huge yellow and red 'We are hiring! Join today!' Sign.

"Yes," I said, not caring where I worked anymore.

The Uber driver dropped me off in the parking lot and I ran inside the McDonalds. The McDOnalds was packed with people. I ran up to a cashier, skipping the line.

"I'd like to be hired," I said.

"You're in, we're in dire need of assistance," The person said.

"Great!" I responded.

I rushed behind the counter and too the drive through. Nobody there questioned who I was, they just helped me made orders and throw them at people through a hole in the wall coated in glass and ask for paper and circular metal for it. That was my description of a drive though.

I was making a happy meal, I think I was getting used to it by now, it was easier to make then a latte. I just threw old chicken nuggets inside, dropped in some expired milk, and then tossed some gluten covered apple slices into a box that looked like its watching you. I ran over to the window and opened it.

I paused, about to hand my happy meal to them. It was the same freaking guy from the drive through at the Caribou Coffee. I tried to stop myself from staring into his beautiful blu- NOPE Not important. I gave him the happy meal.

"Happy Christmas," I said.

"Marry Christmas to you, too, hope you are doing alright," The person said.

"Oooo a handsome drive through cashier person," I heard some child's voice come from the back of the car.

"Where you the guy at the coffee place?" The person sitting in the passenger seat asked.

They had a french accent, fluffy hair and darker skin. They wore a dark blue hoodie with some white lines going down the sides, so did the handsome guy. No not handsome guy, some stranger. 

"Yeah, I quit and came here," I responded.

"Rough," I heard a voice comment from the back of the car.

I peered through the windows and saw another person wearing a dark blue and white hoodie, and three girls wearing yellow, blue and pink hoodies.

"Best of luck," The handsome man said, then drove away.

I found myself staring after their car.

"New guy!" Someone shouted behind me, and I quickly sprinted away.

(A/N how was the first chapter? I feel so bad for Alex RN. The poor guy. Caribou Coffees are actually full of very nice people, BTW, that was  just for the story)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 344 24
Modern college AU. Probably cringey but hopefully not. Includes more ships but mainly focuses on LAMS. ...what else am I supposed to put here..... Ug...
127K 3.6K 69
alexander hamilton was very known for pornography. everyone assumed that he was the one to hoe around. they assumed that he couldn't keep it in his p...
105K 4.2K 25
Yet another modern Lams fic that nobody asked for. But who doesn't love Lams am I right? Apart from historians obviously (they won't admit it's real...
10.7K 572 40
soul mate /ˈsōl ˌmāt/ noun: soulmate a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner. ~•~•~•~ John Laurens and Alexander Ham...