Kiss & Talk || Na Jaemin (S1)

By byJianLucas

"The feelings I have for you are genuine. I'm sorry if my cold self isn't letting you completely see my love... More

|| PROLOGUE ||
Chapter 1: Work; Hustle
Chapter 2: Inside My Head
Chapter 3: Little Sneak
Chapter 4: Odd Behavior
Chapter 6: Someone to Lean On
Chapter 7: Begin to End
Chapter 8: Partners & Friends
Chapter 9: One More Time
Chapter 10: Need You Close
Chapter 11: Treasure You
Chapter 12: The Way It Starts
Chapter 13: Not Holding Back
Chapter 14: Upcoming Events
Chapter 15: Young & Untamable
Chapter 16: Wrong Directions
Chapter 17: Moving Forward
Chapter 18: One After Another
Chapter 19: Wicked Intentions
Chapter 20: Defending Love
Chapter 21: Meaningful Oaths
Chapter 22: Never Without You
Chapter 23: The Last Work
Chapter 24: When Love Fades
Chapter 25: Going Down
Chapter 26: Against it All
Chapter 27: Q&A
|| AUTHOR'S NOTE ||

Chapter 5: You & I

108 1 0
By byJianLucas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jaemin's POV-

I rushed out of the living room as soon as I noticed that Narae had her eyes on me. I stood up without caring about anything else for my sake and then speeded up to get towards the kitchen. Right now, I'm holding my chest while feeling that my heart is about to burst into ashes; looking at how comfortable Narae is with Chenle makes me feel insane.

I want that; I need her to love me that way.

I'm becoming selfish. I desire all of Narae's affection for me and nobody else. Once again, I'm falling on her game, letting that girl take control of my emotions, and watching myself surrender to the things she makes me feel. I'm not like this; I usually never show my sentiments, but Narae makes me break all the stakes I built. I come from a dark place of pain and sorrow, so I don't understand why Narae has to pull me away from my comfort zone.

-Mr. Na? – I heard Narae's voice, which immediately made me compose myself.

-Ms. Cha, did you follow me? – I asked without looking back to face Narae.

-I wouldn't say "follow," but I indeed searched for some time alone with you. – Narae admitted before taking a deep breath. -Mr. Na, due to the plans for tonight with our friends, I decided that it was the right time to clear up the air with you. Of course, if you don't mind, Mr. Na. – She spoke, always keeping her formality towards me.

I cleared out my throat while still holding my chest with my hand. -Clear the air? – I questioned.

-Yes. I wanted to discuss what happened earlier this day. – Narae disclosed before sighing. -Everybody says that you aren't a rude person, so I want to believe in those statements, but after what happened this morning. Well, I don't know what my answer is for that statement. – Narae said, sounding upset.

I took one last breath before turning around to face Narae. I looked at her eyes while trying to keep my composure.

-Ms. Cha, I did what I thought was the best for the project. It doesn't matter if you take three more days to finish the design; I want to show the client something creative, and that shows potential. If the first idea wasn't what you wanted to do, it was necessary to change it. – I stated while trying to sound serious.

-Alright. I appreciate that you are honest with me right now, Mr. Na. – Narae bowed before looking back at me.

-Do you need anything else? – I asked, wanting her to leave me alone.

-Yes. – Narae said. -Why do you get mad when I'm with our friends, Mr. Na? What bothers you? – She asked without hesitating her words.

I looked at her, surprised. But then my jealousy grew as I remembered seeing Narae so close to Chenle and Jeno.

-Do you like it when guys touch you? – I questioned, waiting for Narae's reaction.

She chuckled. -Mr. Na, what is this question about, huh? My private life shouldn't bother you. – Narae stated, making me realize that she's not intimidated by me.

-Not yours, but my friends' lives are something I take seriously. – I stated, my patience starting to run out.

-Well, you shouldn't worry because I won't hurt any of them. My friends are like family to me. – Narae assured, getting closer to me and trying to look tough.

-Family? – I clenched my jaw.

-There it is; it looks that I made you feel upset, didn't I? – Narae said, almost enjoying what she does to me.

-Do you like it when they touch you? When they hold you tightly against their bodies? – I questioned, becoming angrier by each breath I take.

-Do you want to tell me something else? Mr. Na? – Narae asked, challenging me to speak up even more.

-You have no idea, Ms. Cha. – I groaned before getting away from Narae, and then I just placed my hand on my hip while covering my eyes with the other one.

-If you don't let me know what's going on through your head, I won't be able to help you, Mr. Na. – Narae spoke before sighing. -What is your game? – She asked.

-Game? There isn't such thing, Narae. – I murmured while trying to relax.

My heart is beating fast, my head is full of questions, and a knot on my throat is making me feel anxious.

Seal it. Keep it together, Jaemin.

I heard Narae sigh before sitting down on one of the stools from the bar. I didn't dare to look back at her. So, I decided to focus my vision on the garden in front of me.

-Chenle is one of the closest friends I have; he knows my past, helps me to live my present days, and supports my future. Your friends are the closest thing I have to a family since I don't see my father so often, my mother died when I was born, and my brother doesn't care about me at all. – Narae opened up, and I could hear how difficult it was to share her story with me. -Whenever they cuddle with me, take my hand or kiss my head, I feel they are my older brothers taking care of a little girl, even though I might be slightly more grown. – She admitted before standing up from the stool, and then I saw Narae standing next to me.

-I didn't ask you to tell me about your struggles. – I said without looking at Narae's eyes.

-I know, but I thought that you needed to hear something like that to calm down. – Narae spoke before staring at me. -I'm not playing games either, Jaemin. I want to know you more since I believe there's a reason why we don't get along. – She continued before looking at the garden as well. And there's when suddenly the rain started to pour.

-I don't get along with you because I can't believe you had a tough life. I heard you struggling while revealing your story, but whenever I see you at the company, you seem happy, and as nothing happened. – I spoke without holding back. -You are regularly well no matter what, and even if you get upset, there's always a way for you to feel better. – I disclosed while remembering all the times I kept my eye on Narae through work.

-Do you want that? – Narae suddenly asked, making me look at her.

-What? – I said, confused.

-Do you want to smile even though things are rough? – Narae questioned, locking her eyes on mine.

-I don't know how; I barely smile. – I stated while feeling my heart beating faster again.

-I saw you smile this morning, and it was quite lovely. – Narae slightly grinned.

I softly chuckled before facing her fully. -Well, that's on you for making me smile with your awkward dancing. – I teased, which made Narae giggle.

-Ah, I'm not that awful. – Narae complained.

She looks so cute. I can't hold it anymore.

-I can teach you how to do it. – I told Narae.

-Do you know how to dance? – Narae asked, surprised.

-My friends and I are regularly going to a dance studio. I guess it's part of us since we were in high school. – I revealed, feeling much comfortable around Narae.

-If you dance like Chenle, then I'm more intrigued to see you dance. – Narae admitted while smiling at me.

-Oh, I'm much better than him. – I assured before we laughed together.

But before I could say something else, I heard Jisung gasp, capturing our attention immediately.

-Wow! Hyung, you are smiling! – Jisung said excitedly.

-Did we interrupt something? – Renjun asked while winking at me.

-Uh, no, no, we were only talking. – Narae assured while looking back at me for reassurance.

-Yes, it's nothing. – I smiled nervously.

-Hmm, sure. – Chenle teased, making Narae blush.

-But what are you doing here? I thought you were watching the movie. – Narae questioned, confused.

-You weren't coming back, so we decided to check on both. – Mark disclosed.

-Yeah, we thought that a war happened, but it seems you two are getting along. – Haechan said gladly.

-Finally! – Jisung spoke.

-Yes, it was about time. – Jeno smiled at me.

I became anxious by the stares my friends were giving me; after all, they know my feelings for Narae. But a phone call took me out of the situation. I was about to answer, but I stared at the contact beforehand.

-Who's calling? – Jeno asked.

-Eunju. – I sighed.

-Don't answer. – Narae immediately said, making everybody look at her, confused.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.3K 3.5K 24
🔑 nct lee haechan soulmate fanfiction ❝ why do you keep staring at me? do you want to make out with me? ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: july 4, 2021 published:...
596 41 21
In brief moments of empty voids, caged hearts and lost souls; pink hair finds a shoulder to cry on. Gang/Stripper AU Nomin TW: Rape, Underage, Homop...
284K 13.4K 51
☼ nct lee jeno ceo fanfiction ❝ why did you take his position? i don't think i hired you to do the job ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: june 12, 2020 published:...
142K 6.4K 23
A silent girl and a naughty boy. Date Started: 04.23.2018 Date Ended: 04.06.2019