Scarred

By ViliIvanova

****COMPLETED***** . All the characters belong to the lovely Cassandra Clare, so I don't own them but this is... More

1.Idris- A New Life
2.The Start Of A New Beginning
3.Meet The TMI Gang
4.Can I Call You..
5.Watch, Defend, Attack & Strike
6.Never Again
7.I'm More Than You Know
8.Welcome To The First SHA Dinner
9.Paradise Can Be On Earth
10.Mask Yourself
11.3,2,1
25.Scars Are Deep
16.Sleepless Nights
26.Do I Have A Choice?
17.Across the Bridge
27.Her Call
12.4 Hours Of Being Annoyed
28.Pulvis Et Umbra Sumas
18.Alone In This World
29.A Masterplan
19.To Be Destroyed
30.Heavenly
13.Dance Through The Crowd
20.What Lies Beneath
32.Gold To The Memories
21.Can She Recover
33.Sink In The Depth
22. On the Edge
34.The Worst To Come
23.Watch Where You Aim
35.In Favour Of Your Opponent
14.Jump Through To Escape
36.Bring Your Swords High
24.Reveal Them
37.Trembling
38.A Precious Trip
39.One Memorable Birthday
15.Head High
40.Epilogue

31. The Best Of Intentions

175 4 0
By ViliIvanova

Jace pov

My eyes greeted the day shine. The remainders of sleep were soon gone after finding the comfort of my arms wrapped around her petite body. Her curls were splayed across the pillow while she was still in her dreams.

A thread of fire hung loosely and fell on her face but as she breathed in and out it drifted away revealing her adorable freckles that I loved so much. I smiled for a few moments before planting a morning kiss, on her nose as I watched her stir. Clary sat up a little blinking away the darkness and blurriness of her vision as her eyes adjusted to the sunrays passing through the window.

"Good morning beautiful."

"Good morning." She stretched a little and turned to face me with a smile. "Is that a phrase you often use when sleeping with someone?"

"No. It's a phrase that I will only ever use for you every day. If I said it to anybody else it wouldn't be true." It had often crossed my mind that Clary had in fact been the most beautiful woman he had ever been with, perhaps not the hottest - even if she was curvy, but she had been and always would be the most gorgeous one.

Moving away from the subject but still keeping the same grin, she asked, "For how long have you been awake?"

"Around ten minutes."

"So you have been watching me sleep?"

"Yes. You are truly an angel when you sleep."

"I rather enjoy your dishevelled morning hair." She chuckled, it was a sound that had always gave me the butterflies.

"It's extra wild today." I added with a wink.

"What time is it?"

"Too early." I replied shortly after her question.

"So why did you wake me up then?" Clary asked rhetorically. "Besides don't you normally get up with the rising sun goldie?" She sat up with a grin, winding me up like it was the easiest thing but to be honest it was what she did best.

"I find sunsets to be more golden and therefore should get up much later, and as for waking you up: it had been one of my dreams for the longest time and resisting a temptation is not one of my special skills."

"That is the first flaw you have recognised about yourself." She mused and so I feigned being offended from her mockery.

"We spend the night together and now you decide to taunt me?"

"Love you too." Her laugh quickly switched to a serious face which made me raise an eyebrow. "All jokes aside I need to get up since I am on cooking duty and then I need to help Simon because he is lacking a training partner." Within minutes she was dressed and headed out of what I hoped to be our room eventually.

************************************
Third person

There was a certain comfort Clary found while cooking. It was displayed in a smile and a soft gaze while she turned and omelette at the side of her heated pan. Maybe it was the sounds it gave off or more likely: the smell which made her own stomach grumble. It had been while she was in hiding that she picked up her culinary skills but people could try it they would indeed say that she had talent when it came to cooking. Clary had treated it like a form of art and had the usual habit of presenting it beautifully on a plate, not that that was ever a complaint.

The moment the omelette had been done, she placed it onto a medium sized plate with stripes where it cooled down while she sprinkled it with salt and herbs for decoration. The table had been laid out like a buffet table, where Clary had shown off more than one technique with all the dishes she had cooked. French toast, waffles, omelettes, baskets filled with fruit and the sliced ham and cheese on platers all were placed neatly on the table and now she was adding final touches to how each thing was presented.

"Good morning." Magnus greeted Clary but just as he was about to add something else he stared in awe at the table. "Biscuit did you make all of this?"

She nodded reaching for the oranges for the baskets so she could squeeze some orange juice. "Take a seat."

He did as he was told but just as he was about to wait for everyone to come down to breakfast, his stomach betrayed him and so he took a bite from the French toast. Magnus instantly gave signs of satisfaction. If she had to put his thoughts into words it would be something along the lines of 'mmmmmm'.

"Good morning." Jace and Alec greeted at the same time, almost crashing into each other on the way.

"Morning." Clary responded showing them to their seats so they could start eating.

"You know biscuit, if you cooked like this every morning I would marry you straight away with no regrets." Magnus said taking a bite from the Belgium waffle.

"Where are Simon and Iz?" Alec asked tasting the delicacies Clary had baked.

"They went out for a walk. Simon will be back in about 40 minutes because that's when training starts, speaking of which someone will have to cover me in the tidying up because I am his training partner." Clary said, taking one of omelettes in her plate.

"I will cover for you as long as you promise to cover Izzy's cooking duties." Alec stated with a pleading smile.

"That bad huh?"

"Don't even get us started on how bad Izzy's cooking is. One time she made soup and set the institute fire alarms and let me tell you mud looked better to eat than what she had cooked." Jace joked but had a genuinely serious tone.

"Thank you Alec."

"Where exactly did you learn to cook?" Jace asked amazed by her skills.

"Magnus and Tessa helped a bit but when you're in hiding and have nothing to do you learn to pick up a few skills here and there especially after getting to see so many different cultures." Clary replied giving Magnus a thankful look.

"I have not seen Tessa in a while."

"Me neither. I miss living with her. I call her often but I haven't seen her face to face since coming here." Clary concluded. "When everything is over I hope to see her more often."

"Me too."

"So do tell us how last night went for the two of you?" Magnus asked like a gossiping teenager.

Blush tainted her face as the memories of yesterday came flooding in. "Uh it went great." Clary had to clear her throat.

"So you slept together." Magnus smugly said.

Both Jace and Clary looked at each other and sipped on the freshly squeezed orange juice.

"I am glad you both found happiness." Alec admitted. Their glasses clanked in a toast to celebrate.

************************************

"Hey Si. Are you ready to get beaten?" Instinctively she reached for her seraph blade. It had become like a habit to her but it always gave her a boost of confidence. Clary bolted to give Simon a hug just before entering the training room.

"About that, I didn't need you to be my training partner. I just need my best friend so I could talk to her and have her advice." Simon reckoned.

"Oh. Let's go for a walk then shall we?" Clary said rhetorically intrigued as to what Simon had to say.

Simon trailed behind and as they exited through the entrance where the fountain still spewed water he asked her, "Anywhere in mind?"

She shrugged not particularly interested in where they went but more as to what this whole thing was about. "The Alicante streets are relatively empty so it seems like a good place to talk."

Simon nodded unsure of how the streets were actually vacant considering the fact it was not supposed to be a very eventful day since the clave had no meetings. It had become a second nature to Simon to trust Clary ever since meeting her in New York four, almost five years  ago. Even when he knew that Clary had to be constantly on the run he put his whole trust in her to know that she will come back. She had done the same by telling him her locations and texting him and now nothing had changed except from the fact that their friendship was stronger than before.

"What's bothering you?" Clary asked tearing Simon from his thoughts that went all the way to when they first met.

"Nothing is bothering me. No, actually that's a lie but I am particularly happy about this thing and need your help to make it even more spectacular." Simon's eyes sparkled with delight

"It's Iz right?" Clary asked with a chuckle.

"How did y.."

"Your eyes lighten up when you talk about her." Clary explained making Simon blush.

"I was planning on proposing to Isabelle tonight. I have the ring ready and I just need advice on how to prepare a date for her."

With an excited tone she screamed, "I will cook."

"Great. As for the date?"

"Take her to a romantic city and propose somewhere where you think it will surprise Izzy the most."

"Neither Izzy or I can portal." Simon replied with a frown.

"I will portal you to wherever you have in mind and Magnus or myself can portal you back."

"OK. I know Izzy misses New York so I will propose to her in Central Park."

"Excellent! I will get Magnus to help me with fairy lights and other decorations. The rest is up to you Lewis."

"Thank you. This is why you are my best friend."

"Yes it is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

932 98 7
Alec Lightwood had a successful life. He worked damn hard for it. But at the same time he was lonely. Experienced yet inexperienced. He craved love a...
3.6K 358 25
Alec is studying to be a lawyer at university at his father's insistence, but he wants to be a vet. He loves animals and reading. His father abuses h...
31.3K 809 21
[COMPLETED BUT SERIES DISCONTINUED] [BASED OFF THE BOOK SERIES. NOT THE TV SHOW] Clarissa Fairchild and Jace Herondale, the happy perfect couple of t...
6.5K 205 8
A 'Mortal Instruments' Fanfiction - Being brought up by Valentine Morgenstern made Clarissa into one of the best Shadowhunters in the world. His ways...