Tony Stark's Brother | Marvel

By StarkRed00

"To be or not to be, that is the question" For Daniel, he preferred people knowing who he was. He loved... More

France
Mission Impossible
Run, Run Away
Merde
Hello, Brother
Not So Happy Reunion
Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?
D is for Dangerous
Born To Be Wild
The Great Pretender
That's Life
Feeling Good
Ain't that a Shame
Can't Take My Eyes Off of You
Respect
Hold Up
Ghost from the Past
Plotting
As It Was
Improvising

New York, New York

1.3K 31 4
By StarkRed00

It was painfully quiet.

The ride back home was suffocating. The tension between the Stark men was thick. It made everyone else in the jet uncomfortable. Perhaps they should have stayed back and let Tony handle this. However, what is done is done. There is nothing that they can do to change anything. All they can do is try to survive the tension filled room until they arrive to the Tower, which would be in less than fifteen minutes. So, silence seems to be the only thing that is shared between everyone. No one dared to speak. The argument that was heard not so long ago was still quite present.

Everyone was getting ready to leave the aircraft. Daniel remained on the floor, discarding the pillow and blanket. Rather, he had his knees pulled up to his chest and his forehead pressed against his knees. He had his arms wrapped loosely around his legs. The team would assume that he had fallen asleep, if it weren't for him drumming his thumbs against his leg. He was anxious. It could be because it has been a few hours since his last hit, or it could be because he has returned home.

Dan felt like ants were crawling all over his body. That ache for his usual poison. He needed it. He had yet to check his pockets on whether he still had that baggie of blow. He was not going to risk checking right now. If he pulled it out, it would instantly be taken away from him. He needs to play it cool, even if it pained him.

Trying to not think of it made him want it even more. It was difficult. That is the only thing in mind. The euphoria that would hit him each time he used. Closing his eyes and thinking of puppies and kittens didn't work. Rather, his mind had strayed to something of carnal desire. Bare bodies and the subtle scent of vanilla was soon filling his senses. A certain woman came to mind. Long, golden locks and piercing green eyes that would make anyone melt with such ardor. Her skin appeared to be kissed by the sun. To him, it was clear that God had favorites, if there is a God. If there was, then she is to be an angel. Her beauty was the only thing in his mind. The way her warm skin felt against his. The soft breaths that would escape her lips. Her lips, oh so kissable. The softness of her lips against his made everything stop. It brought awareness of his existence.

Slowly, he began to relax. His motions came to a stop. The tension in his body soon left him.

Daniel

He could practically hear her voice.

Daniel...

The smile that would soon follow his name. Her pink, plump lips curled upwards, her perfect white teeth in display. Just the sight of her calms him down.

"Daniel" she giggled as she threw her head back against the pillows. The youngest Stark had a smile on his lips as he sunk his head into the crook of her neck. His lips peppered her scorching skin. His hands clenching the sheets lightly. Her hair was spread over the pillows. Both of them were naked with no worries. "Stop" she laughed at the tickling sensation on her neck.

They were alone in bed without a care in the world. Silk sheets covering their bare bodies. Her golden hair all over the pillow. He loves her hair. He loves her. The sounds of the city falling to deaf ears. All he could hear was her. All of his focus was on her: her scent, her touch, her taste -- completely and solely on her. 

"Hmm, you're just so tempting" Daniel muttered in her neck before playfully biting her. That just made her laugh even more. At the sound of her laughing, it just brought this warmth in his stomach. There was nothing that could bring him such happiness than her, such tranquility. He pushed himself up to look down to meet those green eyes. "You're so beautiful" he smiled and she matched his expression.

"I know" she smirked at she wrapped her arms loosely around his neck and pulled him down to meet her lips. Gleefully, he kissed her. There hasn't been a moment where Daniel Stark has ever been this happy. There was nothing to bother him. There were no worries. All there was, was her.

Her...

"Alright" Tony clapped his hands and stood up, "we are here". The action bringing Daniel back to the present. Those memories slowly leaving him. Nothing but the ghost of her touch upon his skin, reminding him that it was only a memory. Disappointment filled him. To go back in time to a moment where he was purely happy. He sighed, not bothering to get up. The shuffling of feet was heard. A hiss was heard, assuming that the jet had lowered the door until it hit the floor, making a little ramp. Footsteps were heard and soon sounded distant.

Thump. Thump. Thump

Four sets of footsteps were heard, all going their separate ways. However, one person remained. It doesn't take a genius to assume who it was. He could hear slow, hesitant footsteps come towards him before he felt the person sit beside him.

"C'mon, get up. We can't stay here" Tony said as he leaned his head back to look at his brother. He looked tired. The bags beneath Tony's eyes a bit more prominent than before. His true age was showing. The usual smirk and playfulness in his eyes had vanished. Currently, he was just a man worried for his brother.

"You own this, so we can" Daniel retorted as he turned his head to meet Tony's gaze. The brightness of their eyes was gone. Both men looked tired, Daniel more so. The drugs and the lack of sleep making the younger man look more worn out.

A humorless chuckle left Tony, shaking his head slightly before turning his head to look forwards to the other wall. "Fine, I don't want to stay here. It's better inside, where there's whiskey and food"

Daniel arched a brow at his brother's words before humming. "I know what you're doing, trying to make me go inside by the mention of liquor. How creative" he rolled his eyes and looked ahead as well. Whiskey did sound good. To feel the burning sensation of the liquor running down his throat, numbing him from any of his problems. 

Both men sat in silence beside one another. There are so many things to be said, yet nothing seemed to escape their lips. Both seem to be in their thoughts. Tony thinking of how to allure Daniel off the aircraft. Faux promises would have to be made to lure the man out. Meanwhile, Daniel was thinking of how he will be able to leave. He knows that they are in one of the many top levels of the Tower. So, jumping out a window is a no-no. Unless, he is able to get his hands on a parachute, which is very unlikely. He will need to play this smart. Tony is not the type to let things go. No, that means that he cannot simply walk out the door. 

Daniel sighed before he pushed himself up from the ground, Tony following along. 

" I better get a glass of whiskey, or I am going to be pissed" Daniel simply said as he began to walk down the ramp of the Quinjet. Slipping his hands into his coat pockets, he was able to feel the plastic material under his fingertips. It seems that Tony forgot to check his pockets. Marvelous. He could sneak into the bathroom and do what he needs to do to tolerate all of this.

"One, and that's it. Can't have you drinking the bottle" Tony retorted as he walked faster to lead the way inside the building. The youngest could not help but let out a scoff at Tony's words. That was a bit hypocritical. 

"Yeah, can't have two alcoholics running around the tower" Daniel retorted, sending Tony a forced smile when the older man looked behind at him. Tony drinks, a lot. He can finish more than three bottles of liquor in a week. 

Daniel rubbed his eyes when he was met with bright lights. He heard Tony mutter something and the lights dimmed immediately. At the sight of that, Daniel sighed -- comfortable with the current lighting. He ran his hands up his face and through his hair.  He looked around the foreign terrain. It didn't surprise him that everything had a modern architecture. It's Tony. He likes everything to be up to date. He is not interested in the past. Daniel is another story. He likes the past, anything relating to it. Perhaps that is why he likes Europe, so much history that has influenced most of the world. He should really make a plan to travel to Asia. It may be nice to go somewhere different and new. 

There really was not much color around. If it wasn't for the lighting, the interior would have a cold tone to it. Tony lead the way to his closest mini bar. Bottles of whiskey and scotch were on display. Tony reached below the bar to get the glasses. He placed them down before he began to pour whiskey in both. 

"Neat, right?" Tony asked as he handed a glass towards Daniel. The younger man nodded wordlessly and took a sip of his beverage, enjoying that familiar burning sensation down his throat. He looked at his surroundings, mostly to see where the exits were. Meanwhile, Tony observed Daniel, taking in all his features and how different he looked now. Daniel's hair was longer, almost to the nape of his neck. There was some stubble along his jaw. There were dark circles beneath his eyes. He was pale, almost a sickness type of pale. He did not look good at all. 

Daniel soon turned his attention to Tony, catching him staring. Their eyes met, neither of them turning away for a few seconds before Daniel glanced down at his feet. "So, what's the plan, Lock me up at the tower, and have me go through detox?" Dan suggested with an amused chuckle before shaking his head, "not a good plan"

Tony finished his drink and placed his glass down before crossing his arms against his chest, his brows furrowing at his words. "Why not? You get clean in the end" Tony said and Daniel simple stared at him in disbelief before taking a large gulp of his beverage, finishing it. Placing it down, he began to walk further into the room. Before him was a large window staring down upon the city. Daniel walks towards it, his hands behind his back as he does so. Mindlessly, he rubbed his thumbs as his thoughts clouded his mind. He looked down, seeing people walk through the streets, all huddled together. They looked like ants from all the way up. Traffic was a killer, from the sight of it. He could imagine the sound of honking taking place, some yelling as well. 

"What makes you think I want to be clean?"

At those words, Tony simply looks at him. Tony was taken back at that. His brother does not want to be clean. He prefers to continue using and throwing his life down the drain over a few minutes of bliss. He couldn't help but laugh, but there was no humor to it. It was the type of laugh that one would down when someone does or says something so stupid that it pisses you off. 

"You're jokin' right?" Tony says, taking a few steps towards Daniel. Dan could practically feel the anger radiating off of Tony, so he didn't bother looking at him. He just kept his attention on the city. He should be sending Mozzie a message of this encounter. He was brought out of his thoughts when he was turned around to meet Tony's gaze. Daniel eyed the hand on his shoulder before shrugging it off. "Nope" he retorted, placing emphazise on the P.

Daniel returned to the mini bar, wanting to pour himself another drink. Unfortunately, Tony was quicker and took the bottle from Daniel's grasp. Letting out a huff, Daniel ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "Look, I don't see why you care. I behave when I'm high, well..." Daniel trailed off as he recalled a few moment where being high may have not place him in the safest of places, and being high is when he has most of his big ideas. " -- doesn't matter. When I am high, I am happy. So, mind your business and leave me be. You have done a good job of that before, so why the whole 'Good, Big Brother' act ?" He air quoted upon the the "Good, Big Brother" words. Rolling his eyes, he began to look around for a bathroom. 

"Don't give me that shit. You know I love you --"

"Really? because your last words to me were, and I quote " I don't want to see you again, you, ungrateful bastard" " Daniel retorted as he turned back to look at his brother with such contempt. It seems that the brothers cannot talk without getting into an argument. "and, you were wrong. I am grateful that daddy created massive weapons for the government to bomb helpless countries, and that's where the family fortune comes from. I am so damn grateful for it that I have managed to live the last few years without it and create something of my own --"

"You STEAL FOR A LIVING!" Tony interrupted loudly, his eyes were focused on Daniel. Just by looking at his eyes, anyone can see the anger, disappointment and frustration.

Daniel simply shrugged, not bothered by it. He is a con man. He steals and lies. 

"At least no one died" he retorted with ease and Tony clenched his jaw, truly offended by Daniel's words. Daniel knew the type of reaction that would bring. Tony also created and sold weapons to the government, not only them but to terrorist. Sure, he was unaware of it, but it still happened. Innocents have died and blood has been shed. There is nothing to change that. Tony nodded, his chest rising and falling. He was breathing from his chest, so that truly told Daniel that he was pissed.  However, Daniel only stated facts. No one has died in his line of work. Sure some people get beat up, but that is it. 

"By the way, where's the bathroom?" Daniel asked as he looked around briefly, scratching his chin. 

Tony pressed his lips together to a fine line, dragging his hand down his face in such a tired manner. He pointed towards the direction to the bathroom, "down the hall, second door to the right". 

Without another word, Daniel walked down the hall and entered the bathroom. Turning on the lights, he closed the door behind him. He let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding. He looked around the bathroom, taking in his surroundings. It was big: two sinks with a mable counter, a large mirror with lights around it, a toilet, a bathtub and a nice looking shower.  Making sure he locked the door behind him, he took out his baggie from his coat pocket before placing the contents on the bathroom counter. The counter looked clean enough. He has done it on worst surfaces. He made two fine lines before taking out a used dollar, clearly not the first time he used the dollar for this action. He rolled up the dollar loosely before bowing his head down and snorted the first line. He threw his head back and let out a moan as he felt a rush hit him. Sniffling and wiping his nose, he bowed his head to do the next line. 

He looked up to be met with the sight of his refection. His pupils were huge. Tony will definitely notice. Did it matter? Not really. It is known that Daniel is an addict. Tony should not be surprised by this. He should really not have any expectations about this. Daniel is arrogant, narcissistic, selfish, an addict, childish, useless, and just a pain in the ass. He is quite aware of it, so how come Tony isn't?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 937 26
You were a holder, being able to bend and use the four elements to your will freely. You were someone who didnt like the attention though, sure you s...
92 0 17
They were heroes and the world was supposed to love them. Their lives were supposed to be perfect, because they were the good guys and the good guys...
584K 19K 36
Peter never grew up with Uncle Ben and Aunt May. He grew up with HYDRA, trained and brainwashed to be even better then the Winter Soldier. He spends...
3.1K 128 22
You are Tony Starks Niece. Growing up having a superhero uncle, made superheros totally not interesting. You are the newest Avenger, but Uncle Tony d...