The Reject (On Hold)

By Cornelia_eve

Edith Gailent de Albemont is the crown princess of the American Kingdom. Her life is full of happiness and j... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Guide

Chapter 1

6K 105 4
By Cornelia_eve

In the eyes of commoners, werewolf have always been a fascinating yet mysterious being. Its origin has been a secret for few but known to some. It is believed that they originated from Europe and the first werewolf was born out of a curse placed by an ill-intent creature frowned upon by humanity.

From then, wars waged between humans and werewolves for hundreds of years as werewolves were deemed to be malicious creatures. The aftermath of war has caused both sides to suffer and brings nothing but sadness and loss.

From there on both sides agree to appoint one person as its leader and make peace with each side. These leaders are known as royalties and will continue to rule each species for years and centuries to come.

As it is impossible for one royalty to rule every lands and countries in existence, each nations of werewolves will appoint one person as their leader and crowned as king. In the present, both werewolves and humans have tasted centuries of peace and will continue to be so for centuries to come.

Edith's POV

I decide to close the book and get ready for my dinner. My eyes starting to hurt after rummaging books and scrolls for hours in our library. Finishing my last book about the origin of our kind was irritating.

Truth to be told, those legend mentioned earlier in that book is full of lies. We never knew where we are originated and for all we know our lives are a gift given by the moon goddess herself. We are not some kind of savages that wanted to devour and enslave humans.

Suddenly I hear a knock from the door, that ended my day-dreaming. "Princess Edith, the Queen have required your presence in the dining room at once", said one of our castle servants. I stood up from the couch and open the door at once.

"Thank you, I will head there at once". While trying to straighten my hair as I try to make myself looks presentable.

Once I enter our dining room, I saw my dad, mom, little brother, the Alpha and Luna of our royal pack already seated and waiting for me to start our dinner.

"Honey, I told you not to spend so many hours in the library". She spoke to me with a worried face.

"I know mom, but it can't be helped. I need to gain as many knowledges as I can. I might need it once I become Queen".

"One's knowledge will not guarantee them to be a successful ruler dear, you need to go out and face countless challenges in order to be a good and wise queen". My father replied me with a voice full of wisdom.

My father, will always try to give me advice whenever and wherever there's a chance to.

"I know that, so can we have our dinner?" I replied. Not really taking my father's advice into heart.

I have been trained for the past 15 years of my life to become a queen. It started from when I was 5 years old and the royal teachers have been giving me non-stop tutors on your regular subjects. But since I was a royal, I need to learn etiquette, diplomacy, and those royal related studies.

My favourite class would be hand to hand combat and fighting in our werewolf form class that is teach by our own alpha of the royal pack Riley. Both Riley and his mate have become like an older brother and sister figure for me.

Since we are able to transform to our werewolf form as early as in our first year, I started training while I was ten years old. Before ten, they teach me how to shift and back as effectively and efficiently as possible.

Since transforming back and forth would drain our stamina quickly and will took some time. After you master it, transforming will be as quick as blinking your eyes and will not consume as much stamina.

"You really have problems with daydreaming aren't you princess?" I hear Riley mind-liking me from where he seated. I give him a single glance at him and mouthed

"I'll get you later dork". Carol, Riley's mate and the Luna of our royal pack saw our exchange and just shook her head silently laugh at our childish behaviour.

I really wonder sometimes how in the world can Riley be an alpha especially a royal alpha with his childish behaviour.

"I heard that" Riley commented. Shoot I forgot to put up my mental block, he can hear what I thought. I just give him a sheepish and apologetic smile while I quickly seated myself beside my little brother Lionel.

We continue our dinner and have quite a pleasant conversation, until my dad reminded me of a topic that I dreaded.

"So, Edith, how is your preparation for your meeting with the Alphas?." He ask me with a serious look and voice. In that instance, I no longer feel the mood to eat.

"I have finish memorising the name and faces of the Alphas and Lunas for each pack and everything have been going well so far." As I force myself to eat that tomato soup in front of me.

It have been a tradition in our royal family. The children of monarch will have their identity hidden and the public would only know their names.

They wouldn't know how they look like. It's done in order to make sure that the children would still have their privacy and time to enjoy their childhood.

Putting them out of spotlight and danger. But it means that me and my brother aren't able to leave the castle whenever we please.

Our days are always filled with tutors after tutors and endless learning. We converse ourselves with only the people of royal families and servants.

Several higher rank members are allowed to meet us but that's about it. 

Since I turn twenty a few months ago, it is time for me to visit each and every packs in America and get myself acquainted with the Alphas and Lunas. 

My father also did that previously and it has also been done by the past generations. The rule stated that every future monarch that have reach twenty years of age shall greet their subjects one by one.

In exchange, during my coronation, we will invite them into the palace. Every sovereign will be crowned when they have reach twenty five years of age.

From this point on, you could say that my life will change completely. No more casual clothing and I will be stuck with formal dresses for most of my days.

In the next upcoming trip, that's the last time that I will be able to wear my casual clothes.

Becoming the next one in line means that my moves and actions are always watched by people around me. Some expecting me to failed so they could take an advantage to it.

I always have to act like a poised and graceful lady and honestly, it's really tiring. Especially when handling with my father's subject.

They would think that I'm still inexperienced and would always look down on me from time to time. The only time that I could act like a spoiled brat is when I'm with my family, Riley and Carol.

For the past few months, my work load have added since they are preparing me for when I need to take over my dad. I really dislike handling diplomacy but I have to learn to love it.

Plus, I'm not going alone, I have Riley with me. He will be guarding me and accompanying me throughout my whole journey.

You could say that he's also like both my brother and private secretary.

After dinner ended, I decide to take a shower and head to bed early. While laying in bed, I couldn't stop having these weird feeling that something significant will happened during our trip.

What worries me the most is I can't describe whether it will affect me negatively or positively. I decide to communicate with my wolf Sierra.

"Hi Sierra, you awake?" I asked. Not long after, a gentle yet full of power voice replied

"Yeah, I am. It's hard to fell asleep while you feeling so worried about nothing."

Our werewolf usually share the same feeling with their human counterpart. Hence, this is why Sierra could feel my nervousness.

"What do you think will happened? I have these feeling that I should be worried about something but I don't know what to be worried about" as I toss and turn trying to fall asleep.

"I'm not sure myself but there's one thing I'm sure about. I'm really excited about meeting those Alphas and Lunas."

Being a royal wolf, Sierra love to receive the respect she got both from their wolf and human counterpart. On the other hand, me as Sierra's human counterpart, I don't hate those respect but I'm not a fan either.

"You need to stop worrying for something that yet to happened. If anything happens I'll be sure to protect us", Sierra replied while trying to send a warm and calming aura through our bond.

"Thank you Sierra, but don't worry I will make sure that nothing will happened to the both of us", I replied.

My mind start to drift away and this time is about my family. Being a royalty isn't as nice as anyone would imagine.

Sure that royal members didn't need to work ordinary jobs to meet ends meet and we will never be financially lacking.

However, there're lots of things that usually we sacrifice. Since my father is a king, we rarely see him and there're barely any time we could spend with him.

He's always drowning himself with meetings and paper works. Most of our times are spend with our nanny because our mom would accompany my dad to trips.

So having breakfast and dinner together with complete family members are such a blessing for me.

Having that in mind, I feel drowsy and start to drift myself into the dream world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

998K 19.9K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
12.7K 1.1K 15
Book 8 of the Regal Eclipse Pack Series. This book contains spoilers for the first 6 Books: Alpha King's Missing Mate (#1) The Alpha King's Slave (#2...
1M 43.3K 47
Davina's soulmate rejects her, but he has no idea she is his future queen. *** Davina Andonov is...
417K 13.9K 55
In a world where werewolves secretly co-exist with humans, it quite common for werewolves to reject their soulmates in hopes to find a partner with a...