MEDIUM

By Lyfeo_M_Jay

Adrian knew he was weird, well weirder, he had abilities and powers no one had, he could see things no normal... More

01.
02.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

03.

8K 454 79
By Lyfeo_M_Jay

Adrian.

Blood adorned the walls, it's was dripping off the walls like a stream where the pentagrams had been etched onto them, an altar of candles lit the room, though dim, he could still see enough, the grim horror that was in this room, he walked further to the altar, he knew what the skull creature at the top represented, the devil said to have malice that created his horns, the face of the beast that he was.

He turned around as his feet sunk into the blood drenched floor, it was so much blood, that his feet were covered in it up to his ankles. "Please let me go, please." A boy yelled, he was a child seemingly around twelve or thirteen. "Shut up!" The hooded figure yelled snapping his neck to the side, the body was dead, but why couldn't he see his soul rise.

More hooded figures entered the room, each one had a screaming child or teenager, and as he stood there he watched them as they were slaughtered, heads severed, and blood flowing to the altar and the pentagram made of bodies on the ground, this was too much, he wanted to leave, he wasn't scared, he was terrified of what they were doing, but he wasn't going back, he wanted to go back.

As the hooded figures snarled they stood in a circle chanting. "This is our sacrifice, we beseech you, grant us your power!" One yelled and the room was suddenly covered in darkness, He could feel it in the darkness, something so evil and malicious it made him terrified. "It's not enough, we need more, find more blood to spill, let it not be defiled!" The one who was shrouded in darkness yelled.

Adrian woke up with a jolt, it was too real, too raw, his heart was aching for those children, he felt their pain, his heart was pounding as he scrambled off the bed and tumbled to the ground and into a bundle of tears. Blood there was blood, frantically he checked for the blood on his feet but there wasn't any, as he checked large arms wrapped themselves around him, he no longer felt terrified, he was awake, safe.

"It's me, I'm here, it's okay, it's okay." His mind registered the presence of Jax, he had slept in his room, he was there holding him, and what Adrian did was cry, the haunting vision was too vivid, too fresh to leave his mind, something dark was going on and he had been at the center of it. "Jax." Adrian mumbled as he realized the position they were in. "It's okay, come on." He whispered and wordlessly hoisted him up bridal style back to the bed.

Adrian wondered if he didn't weigh a lot, Jax had carried him so effortlessly, as they laid back on the bed his heart was calming from the terror. "Bad dream?" Jax questioned. "More like vision nightmare." Adrian replied trying to get away from the warm embrace of Jax, he felt unsure if Jax felt the same way he did, was he even gay or bisexual like his brother. As he tried to free himself Jax held on tighter.

"Where do you think you're going?" Jax questioned somehow dominantly and Adrian froze in place, he never knew someone could have that effect on him, when he tried to read his mind for any clue why, he couldn't, it made Adrian even more curious about the man holding him down to his large chest. Why couldn't he read Jax's mind and why did it feel like there was a second soul in Jax, it was primal as well.

"I just assumed you wouldn't be comfortable holding me and trying to sleep:" Adrian replied his heart fluttering and his cheeks reddening. "A thing that people don't know about me is that I'm pansexual, but my preference lately has been on one brand of boy." He replied with a sincere smile and Adrian's heart fluttered again, those butterflies in his stomach were doing somersaults now.

"Oh, that's interesting." He asserted and Jax chuckled. "Indeed, now want to tell me what got you all terrified?" He prodded but Adrian felt it was safer not to speak about it, for his own sanity. "If I promise to tell you any other time which is not tonight will that be okay?" Adrian asked hopeful of Jax's answer. The man beside him raised his pinky. "Only if you pinky promise." Jax chortled and with a chuckle, Adrian raised his own pinky and they crossed. "Promise." Adrian added with a smile.

They both lay in silence, it was peaceful just being there with Jax, something about him calmed Adrian to a point where his guard and walls were all laid bare for anyone to see, it was a familiar feeling but not this heightened, maybe there was something to Jax, and somehow he knew he would need to find out, plus the mysterious fact that however, he tried he couldn't read his mind, but could feel his emotions.

"You mentioned being a medium but how you pushed me back on that couch, does that come with being able to see ghosts." Jax inquired and Adrian moved a little to make himself a little bit more comfortable before he could answer, it wasn't the question that made him uneasy, it was the answer, most of the time he had tried to explain, more and more people seemed to view him as some weird freak.

"I don't know the origin of my abilities, I tried to look through my grandmother's books but I couldn't find anything, I use the term medium when it comes to ghosts and spirits but if anyone would ask me to go in depth I'd say I'm a psychic but still that wouldn't cover the basis of my capabilities." Adrian replied the best he could, baiting his breath for Jax's answer. "Maybe you're a witch." The man beside him responded and he chuckled. "No, a witch was more like my grandmother, I had believed it once that I was a witch but the notion didn't stick." He replied with a smile as Jax rubbed his back gently.

"Okay then, which means you're just uniquely you." Jax expressed with a chuckle which made Adrian swoon even more for the guy, he was sure that laugh would be something he could never get used to. "I guess so." He mumbled with a sigh. It felt good being in Jax's embrace. "There is a book at my house, my dad said when they adopted me, it was with my stuff, I can never make sense of it, maybe you can help." The boy offered and Adrian nodded enthusiastically, he would take any opportunity to be around Jax, for some odd reason he just didn't seem to think clearly when it came to him, he was attracted to him in a way he couldn't explain since they met.

Adrian drifted to sleep with warm breath fanning his neck, a steady heartbeat pounding beneath him, and a soothing feeling which rolled around the both them, secure and safe, that's how he felt, and he knew no one could make him feel that.

Adrian.

"Adrian!" It wasn't two voices that screamed his name, it was three, three little bodies as well were jumping up and down on the bed, he groaned curling closer to the large muscular frame beneath him, it felt so warm, hard, and soft. "Adrian!" The boys yelled again and he whined, couldn't the twins have harassed him later in the day, why did it have to be the morning where he had Jax securely holding him. "He'll be up soon, go wake up Johnny." A smooth baritone rumbled beneath him, it made Adrian purr in content.

"Morning." Jax mumbled as he flicked away the long and full curls of hair away from his face. "Morning." Adrian replied as he tried hard not to blush at how incredibly close he was to Jax's body, half of him was practically laid on top of him. "I hate it when the twins are the alarm clock." Adrian grumbled but managed to slip away from Jax, that didn't stop him from feeling eyes on his back, at least Jax was liking the view. "Im going to shower, you should probably call your dad, check in if he's okay." Adrian stated with a smile. "I will get right on it." He replied fixing himself on the headboard to make sure Adrian had a view.

His gesture wasn't unnoticed as Adrian blushed heavily and his eyes were kept on his body like he wanted. "Uh, let me get to—yeah." Adrian all but ran to the bathroom, his cheeks were flaming and his stomach felt unnaturally hot. Jax had a weird effect on him. He calmed himself with a warm shower, afterward he cleaned up and laid out an extra toothbrush for his guest and towels, he then walked to his closet and found some of Johnny's clothes that Jax could fit into and laid then out.

"Im gonna head down and make breakfast, shower, your clothes are on the mini table." He asserted trying to avert his eyes from the naked male, how had he not noticed Jax was only in boxers all this while, and damn was he packing. Adrian quickly walked out, he was really going haywire with hormones. "Morning my little babies, what will you have today?" Adrian cheerfully placed kisses on all three boys. "I want pancakes with blueberries." Martin answered as it was his turn to pick out breakfast.

Adrian got to making pancakes but made bacon and eggs for the two teens in the house, he knew their appetites wouldn't be satiated with pancakes. "Morning Adrian." Johnny called out as he walked into the kitchen, he placed a kiss on Adrian's forehead like he always did, he and his siblings never held back with affection, it was part of who they were and they didn't care about what people thought. "Morning wolfy, your yogurt is running low put it on the grocery list, and sit the coffee is hot." Adrian ordered as he served his siblings and Kent like how he did every day.

Watching his siblings happily chat and eat made his heart warm with love, there was pride in realizing that he was doing something right, he was raising them just right. "Morning Johnny, morning little dudes." Jax greeted walking down the stairs, Adrian choked on his pancakes when he looked up to his dashing smile as he sat next to him. "Breath Adrian." Jax whispered in his ear and like a dumbfounded lamb Adrian breathed.

He really needed to stop embarrassing himself in front of Jax like this, Johnny all the while was laughing as he ate and the three kids were in a world of their own. "How was your night?" Johnny asked with a mischievous smirk and Adrian blushed. "Best sleep I've had in a while, if I do say so myself." Jax replied making Adrian groan internally. "Kent tells me you were snuggling." Johnny pressed on and Adrian glared at him though his cheeks were flaming. "I like to cuddle, and well Adrian is one to cuddle too." Jax replied again with a smirk, Adrian was now hopelessly embarrassed.

How did he end up with Johnny and Jax in the same room, they were basically going to tease him for eternity with this, it never got better for Adrian, as breakfast was filled with chatter and Johnny ended up planning a play date for the twins with Kent, and offering Jax help with his brother since Lane drive wasn't far from their house where he lived. Adrian knew Johnny was doing all this intentionally, the why is what baffled him, but he would choke his brother for information later.

"Do you maybe, uh wanna hang out tomorrow, if you're busy it's fine?" Jax asked Adrian as he stood by his car with Kent already inside. "Oh yeah, I'm free tomorrow afternoon, but I'm a package deal, I have two overactive kids with me." He replied with a chuckle. "No problem, Kent would love the company, plus I'm sure I can handle your package with care." Jax replied with a wink and walked around to the driver's side with a smirk.

Adrian waved them off as the roads were being cleared of fallen trees, the storm that had occurred yesterday had done some pretty heavy damage, luckily none to their house, Adrian walked back in with a smile on his lips. "You sure are whipped." Jonathan comments standing by the lounge entryway. "He's the first guy I've liked in years, I'm awkward around him but I just can't help it I guess." Adrian confessed and Johnny chuckled. "Its okay to like someone Adrian, plus he already knows about your powers, he doesn't seem to be running for the hills, this is a good thing, a good thing you need." Jonathan reassured his brother with a hug.

"Thanks, Johnny." He replied squeezing one more time before letting go of his 6'2 younger brother, he always wondered how Johnny was so tall when he was 5'7, either way, it didn't change that he was his brother. The home phone rang as they sat down to watch morning cartoons with the twins. "I will go get it." Johnny announced standing up and heading for the phone. "Brooke household, Jonathan speaking." He stated. "Hello Jonathan it's Mr. Leyton, is Adrian around, I need his help." The man replied and Johnny recognized him, he was Cooper's dad the police chief.

"Yeah he is." Johnny replied and covered the phone with his palm. "Ari it's for you!" He called out and Adrian came to take the phone from him. "Mr. Leyton." He spoke through their psychic link. "Morning Mr. Leyton, how can I help?" Adrian asked the man. "Morning Adrian, sorry to disturb your morning son but I need your help, can you come to the precinct, I wouldn't ask I wasn't desperate, kids are going missing and we just found a warehouse full of— you might want to see it yourself." The man asserted but Adrian already knew what it was, he had seen it all, his vision.

Johnny was not far when the call ended and he looked at his brother wearily. "I'm going to go check out whatever is going on, don't leave the house, the wards will keep anything and everything bad out." Adrian instructed as he put on his shoes. "Be safe, and check in okay." Johnny replied hugging his brother. "I will, I promise, can you call Jax and tell him to be careful, I already put a protection spell on him and Kent before they left." Adrian added whilst he stood by the door. "Okay I will." His brother replied as he closed the door behind him, something was going on he could feel it.

+++

LMJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 264 23
"Growing up in a pack house full of rabid wolves was hard. Not being able to shift in a pack house full of rabid wolves was even harder. They would a...
878 29 47
Adrian moves to Tokyo for a new life; only to come across a group of strange men. After losing his family to a car accident he has no where to go. He...
65 0 11
When a series of murders involving romantic partners turning on each other with no memory of it later surfaces, Sam and Dean head to the small town w...
36.4K 2K 52
[Royals Series] Neal and Eric's Book: *Can Be Read Separately* *Its a 2-in-1 story my guys* There was something Neal hadn't felt in a long time. I...