Devils in the Details •Jasper...

By DreamOn51

"𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞" Willow Grace Davis is a sophomore at Forks High School, liv... More

•Cast•
Chαρτεr 1
Chαρτεr 2
Chαρτεr 3
Chαρτεr 4
Chαρτεr 5
Chαρτεr 6
Chαρτεr 7
Chαρτεr 8
Chαρτεr 9
Chαρτεr 10
Chαρτεr 11
Chαρτεr 12
Chαρτεr 13
Chαρτεr 14
Chᥲρtᥱr 15
Chαρτεr 16
Chαρτεr 17
Chαρτεr 18
Chαρτεr 19
Chαρτεr 20
Chαρτεr 21
Chαρτεr 22
Chαρτεr 23
Chαρτεr 24
Chαρτεr 25
Σριlσgυε

𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

4.8K 131 130
By DreamOn51

"𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜."

FAIRBANKS, ALASKA🌙
AUGUST 🍂

"Why did you pick Rainbow Road? You know that's the hardest one and I suck at it." Emmett whined as he tossed his head back against the couch.

"I picked it because you suck at it." Jasper smirked.

"What the hell?" Emmett popped his head up with an appalled look on his face. "Dude, I let you choose Mario and everything and this is how you repay me? The fuck?"

"Must you use such vile language?" Edward quipped without lifting his eyes from his book, his legs hanging over the arm of the cushioned chair.

"I didn't realize you were the fun police." Emmett laughed and nudged his shoulder against Jaspers shoulder. Lighten up kid. Emmett directed the thought at Edward when his brother's sour expression seemed to deepened.

The buzzer went off making Jasper and Emmett focus on the race on the flat screen TV. Emmett was on the edge of his seat, his big arms moving aggressively in the air as he drove Rosalina's motorcycle.

She was his favorite character because she reminded him of Rose and he claimed she was the coolest character anyways. Jasper laughed as he avoided his brother's elbows to drive his own car, knocking Emmett off along the way.

"JASPER! THAT'S CHEATING!" Emmetts booming voice yelled in protest.

"It's part of the game Em." Jasper stated through his laughs. Emmett quickly shoved him hard enough that the blonde fell off the couch and onto the coffee table.

The wood shattered on impact, but Jasper strategically rolled and kicked Emmett's remote out of his hand. "Now that's cheating."

"FUCK!" Emmett screamed and quickly moved to grab the remote.

"You two are the reason we can't have nice things." Edward grumbled but the other two ignored him.

Emmett was across the room but he had his remote back in his hands and was focused on the race. Jasper eventually finished the last lap, coming in first before Emmmett even started the second lap.

"That puts me ahead Em. What's the score now? 22-19?" Jasper smirked at his brother.

"You cheated so that doesn't count." Emmett protested.

"You shoved Jasper off the couch Emmett." Cassie interjected as she stepped into the living room with two of her suitcases. "You might want to order another table. Emse really liked that one."

"I thought you were out with Alice?" Jasper asked as he rose to his feet and straightened out his shirt.

"We've been back for three hours, but you two have been too invented in your daily competition to notice." Cassie sarcastically stated with a smirk and roll of her eyes. "Alice and Rosalie are updating your wardrobes for highschool right now."

"You're not coming with us?" Edward lowered his book to look at her with one of his brows raised.

"That's right. No highschool for me Eddie." Cassie winked at him as she pulled out a sucker from her jacket pocket. She neatly folded the sucker wrapper with her glove covered fingers before she placed the cherry flavored sucker in her mouth.

"Where are you going?" Emmett asked as he stepped back into the room with a broom and dust pan.

"I'm traveling with Ezekiel for a while." Cassie laid down on the couch with her legs hanging over the couch.

"Leading another revolution?" Jasper paused picking up the bigger pieces of wood. "You didn't invite us?"

"Nope." Cassie made sure the p popped as she pulled the sucker out of her mouth. "You guys are starting highschool in a few months. I'm not taking you away from that."

"I wouldn't complain." Edward mumbled.

"I thought you liked Forks." Emmett didn't look up as he swept the shards of wood up.

"I do like Forks, I just don't like having to mingle with adolescents with the mental capacity of raccoons and believe Harry potter is classical literature." Edward gripped as he flipped his page.

"Raccoons are actually rather smart animals."Jasper interjected as he moved to the kitchen to throw the bigger pieces of wood away.

"You're just mad about Harry Potter because the quiz you took said you were a Ravenclaw instead of a Hufflepuff." Cassie laughed when Edward threw a round throw pillow at her face. "Not even a Gryffindor." This time he threw his book at her but she easily caught it.

"Sorry kid, I'm the only one with that title in the family." Emmett playfully wrapped an around Edwards shoulders, pulling the copper haired vampire out of the chair and against his chest. Emmetts knuckles of his free hand rubbed against Edwards' hair. "By Gyffindor the bravest were prized far beyond the rest."

"Get. Off. Me." Edward grumbled and wigled against his grip with his arms flailing around frantically.

"JASPER!" Rosalie's voice cut through the house and her heels echoed off the floor.

"You don't have to yell Rose." Jasper stated as picked up the discarded broom and dust pan. "I can hear you if you whisper."

"I'll yell if I want to." Rosalie tossed her blonde curls over her shoulder, as she stepped into the living room. "Emmett let go of Edward."

Rosalie rolled her eyes as she glanced to the two wrestling on the ground, Emmett had Edward pinned face down in the carpet with his knees in between his shoulders. Edwards hands were beating against the floor and his legs were kicking out while Emmett just laughed.

"I say we leave them." Cassie's smirk grew as she placed the sucker back in her mouth as watched the two brothers.

"Emmett." Rosalie scolded with no real emotion. "Jasper, try these on." Rosalie held out her hand with a pair of glasses with a thin gold frame wrapped around a round lens. Jasper didn't question her, he simply grabbed the pair from her hand and slipped them on.

"They make you look smart." Emmett smiled as he sat back on the couch, ignoring the glare from Edward who was straightening out his clothes.

"Does it look weird if we have a matching pair?" Rosalie questioned as she slipped on an identical pair of glasses, the only difference being the silver frame.

"It makes you look more like twins." Cassie shrugged as she twisted and tossed her legs over Emmetts lap.

"Why do you two need glasses anyways?" Edward snapped.

"Because our eyes change colors and am making sure that we have a good lie as to why." Rosalie replied with a tone of annoyance. "Running out of contacts explains that."

"Seems ridiculous to me." Edward murmured as he plopped himself back in his chair.

"I'm so glad I asked for your opinion." Rosalie rolled her eyes and turned to Jasper. "Do you like them?" Jasper nodded. "Gucci or Versace?"

"Don't you think that's a little too much for a small town?" Jasper questioned but Roaslie simply narrowed her eyes. "Gucci." Jasper reluctantly sighed.

"Stop acting like that. I can't have my twin dress like a bumpkin." Rosalie crossed her arms over her chest. "Suede jackets or leather jackets?"

"You know that you two aren't actual twins right?" Edward interjected.

"What?" Cassie turned to look at Edward and then to Emmett. "Did you know they weren't twins?"

"It's news to me." Emmett gave an audible gasp and covered his mouth. "I have been deceived!" Edward narrowed his eyes at the two before he flipped them off.

"I like both. "Jasper shrugged and a small smile flashed across his face.

"That's what I thought. I got you both already." Rosalie gave him a wink and turned to head back down the hallway. "Emmett I took care of all of your clothes already."

She paused around the back of the couch and Emmett turned his head. Rosalie bent over to press a soft kiss to his lips.

Jasper smiled as he watched the two. Their love always seemed so pure to him, the way they understood each was like they were linked. Cassie and Alice were the same way, linked in a way they seemed like a magic link.

Jasper had never experienced anything like that, he didn't know if he ever would. He had become content with that thought that watching his family experience that love didn't even incite a spark of jealousy. He cared too much about them for it too.

"EDWARD!" Alice exclaimed as she gracefully slid down the hallway in her socks, nearly running into Rosalie.

"I never had a goth stage." Edward recoiled as he responded to her unanswered question.

"You had an emo stage." Alice tilted her head to the side. "We have pictures."

"I can grab the photo album." Emmett acted like he was going to get up but Edward shot him a warning look.

"Whatever. I'm not going through another one though." Edward dramatically rose from his chair and moved into the library area. Cassie snickered and turned her head to look at her wife, noticing the zoned out look on her face.

"Alice?" Cassie sounded concerned as she rose to her feet to stand next to her wife, deeply invested in her vision.

"Jasper falls in love." Alice whispered, still caught in her tance.

"Excuse me?" Rosalie stopped in tracks in the hallway and in a blink she was back in the room.

"Oh it's not going to be easy." Alice continued with her eyes still unfocused. "She's human."

"What?" Jasper's jaw dropped.

"Aww you two are so cute together!" Alice squealed and quickly moved across the room to wrap her arms around him. She lifted him in the air as she continued to squeal in excitement.

"Can we just go back to that human part?" Emmett raised his hand in the air to get Alice's attention. "Are you telling me that Jasper, our little grumpy cat, is going to fall in love with a human?"

"I'm not a cat." Jasper said as Alice let his feet touch the ground again.

"Yes! You're going to love her Emmett, you two are going to be good friends." Alice turned to her curly haired brother. "Cassie's going to be good friends with her too!"

"Where are we meeting this girl?" Cassie cocked her brow as she pulled her wrapper back out and wrapped it around her sucker.

"In Forks! She's a sophomore!" Alice babbled despite the downcast face's her family members.

"I'm not even going with you guys."

"That could expose us all."

"There is no way she would be safe with me."

Cassie, Rosalie, and Jasper all spoke at the same time and Alice huffed and pouted with her hands landing on her hips.

She looked between the three of them with her lip pouting out before she turned her attention to Emmett. After a few seconds of having her pouting directed at him, he gave in.

"We shouldn't be so quick to dismiss this." Emmett insisted with a shug of his shoulders. "I mean, this is love we're talking about."

Silence followed as Jasper shook his head and buried his face in his hands as he collapsed in Edwards' reading chair. The idea of someone loving him was too forgien for him to even comprehend, but the thought of falling for a human?

Inexcusable. Impossible. Impractical. He was doing much better with his bloodlust, and had fairly good control nowadays. More than Cassie anyways. That didn't mean that he needed to tempt fate. Falling in love is risky anyways but the risk probably grows when you factor a vampire/human relationship.

"Your visions are conditional Alice." Edward spoke up as he stepped back into the living room. "There's no guarantee that he will fall in love with a human." His expression was blank and Jasper could tell by his brothers crossed arms, hands clutching unto his biceps that he was appalled by the idea.

"I just 20 different versions and you saw them too Edward." Alice turned her attention to him. "It's the same outcome every time."

"It risks everything. All of us would face the repercussions if it ends badly." Edward turned his blank expression towards Jasper who matched his stare with the same strong intensity.

"It's Jasper's life, not yours Edward." Rosalie hissed before she turned her attention back to Alice. "Tell us about her? Do I like her?"

"I don't want to say too much because I want the connection to be genuine, but yes Rosalie, you do like her. It takes a little bit but the two of you bond." Alice's voice had a sadder tone to it and Cassie caught on to it.

"What else Alice?" Cassie inquired, Alice glanced back at Jasper before she dropped her eyes and winged her hands together.

"She's dating someone when you meet her." Alice mumbled the words so low that Jasper almost missed it herself.

"What?!" Jasper demanded as he rose to his feet. "What the actual fuck Alice?"

"I don't think it's a good relationship!" Alice protested.

"You don't think?!" Jasper threw his hands up in disbelief.

"I can't really see him. It's weird. Like a static covers her when she's with him." Alice countered.

"I'm not going to be a house wrecker Alice!" Jasper turned his back to her.

"Alright! Enough yelling!" Cassie interjected with her arms waving in the air.

"It's not like that." Alice pleaded but he ignored her.

Silence filled the room followed by a wave of uncomfortableness spread. Jasper could feel all of their eyes on him and suddenly he wanted to run, to sprint through the woods and find some quiet cave to lay down in.

To focus his mind instead of feeling the anger, confusion, and uneasiness from the others. It was at that moment that he realized that Esme had returned for the weekend from building their new house.

She was standing just a few feet away from him, her purse and jacket tossed on the kitchen counter. Her expression was soft as held her arms open to him, and he didn't hesitate.

He wrapped her in a hug with his head buried in her shoulder. She gave him the comfort that only a mother could, her hand soothingly petting through his blond hair. She didn't say anything for a few moments as she allowed him to be consumed with the love that was radiating off of her.

"If it is meant to be, then it will be. You deserved to be loved, my son." Esme whispered and his hug tightened around her. "Don't throw away this chance because it's hard and it doesn't make sense. Your family is here to support you no matter what."

Jasper nodded as he pulled away. Esme cupped his cheek with one hand while the other moved his blond hair behind his ear. His siblings had all vacated the neighboring room, leaving just the two of them.

"You are my son and I will always love you and support you. You know that right? That you are our son?" Esme sobbed slightly.

"Of course and I am extremely thankful for you and my family. I love you. I love my family." Jasper mumbled with an overwhelming feeling of joy and love consuming him.

"Please give this girl a chance before you decide." Esme pleaded with her wide eyes filled with hope and love.

"Okay." Jasper nodded and dropped his head. Esme placed both her hands on either side of his face and lowered his head even more.

She pressed her lips against his blond hair and Jasper let his eyes close to see a flashback of his human mother doing the same thing when he was a child.

Esme eventually left in the room by himself to let his mind race with wild thoughts of what was to come and to what waited for him and his family in Forks, Washington.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 5.5K 36
Masen Rogers has been on her own since the day after she woke up from her transition. All she wants is someone who will love her, someone who she can...
433K 21.1K 68
petrichor, "the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil". Kiara Black can't wait to graduate and leave her hometown in the past. Her relati...
118K 2.6K 33
Charlotte's peculiar nature often keeps others at bay, resulting in few friendships. Orphaned at a young age, she was taken in by her grandmother, he...
562K 15.8K 52
˗ˏˋ꒰ ✨ ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) The act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned full.] ❝If it were up to me, I'...