Solitary

By CaptainLux07

Solus is often alone. She fits her name rather well in fact, as that is the only thing she knows how to be. ... More

Chapter 1- Full House
Chapter 2- The Perfect School Girl Smoothie
Chapter 3- Unknowingly Knowing
Chapter 4- Invasion of the Plutocrats
Chapter 5- I Hate Cherries
Chapter 6- It's Just a Party
Chapter 7- Abusive Cold
Chapter 8- Hangovers and Hang Up's
Chapter 9- Like a Slut
Chapter 10- Whores and Dancing Monkeys
Chapter 11- Making Nice
Chapter 12- Daddy Nikolai's Lap
Chapter 13- Call Me Nikolai
Chapter 14- Judgement Day
Chapter 15- Nearly 500
Chapter 16- Intimacy Amongst Strangers
Chapter 17- Filling Up
Chapter 18- Missed Call
Chapter 19- Say My Name
Chapter 20- Glamour Eyes
Chapter 21- Fun House
Chapter 22- Music of the Jungle
Chapter 23- Knee's Buckle
Chapter 24- Brawler's Mouth
Chapter 25- Fae Fun
Chapter 26- Stray Stay
Chapter 27- A Bitch's Deaf Ears
Chapter 28- Learning the Steps
Chapter 29- Fucking Hear Me
Chapter 30- Not Even a Day
Chapter 31- Shutting Down
Chapter 32- A Specter's Heir
Chapter 33- Can I get a Refill please?
Chapter 34- Songbird Hear Me, Please
Chapter 35- Second Chances for Second Chances
Chapter 36- Talk to Me Comrade
Chapter 37- Getting to Know You
Chapter 38- It only took a Kiss
Chapter 39- Bomb Drop
Chapter 40- Sex in the Air
Chapter 41- Sex in my Lungs
Chapter 42- Junkyard Dog
Chapter 43- Speak when Spoken to
Chapter 44- Weird Ass Traditions
Chapter 45- Let's Try This Again
Chapter 46- What Friends Do
Chapter 47- Gossip Hounds
Chapter 48- One Machete Please
Chapter 49- Peg all Men
Chapter 50- Like an Anarchist
Chapter 51- Trust First
Chapter 52- Drowning in Jack
Chapter 53- Lost Memories
Chapter 54- A Night Out
Chapter 56- What Makes an Honest Man
Chapter 57- Let Me
Chapter 58- Past Lessons
Chapter 59- Tempature Checks
Chapter 60- It's Been Interesting
Chapter 61- Rivalry Requires Starvation
Chapter 62- Who Did "It" Better
Chapter 63- Down the Rabbit Hole
Chapter 64- Mature Content Warning
Chapter 65- Judgement Day 2.0
Chapter 66- Let Me Have This
Chapter 67- A Paradox of Two
Chapter 68- Little Big Women
Chapter 69- Through the Trenches
Chapter 70- Happy Birthday
Chapter 71- Nothingness and Moonlight
Chapter 72- Forgive and Forget You Not
Chapter 73- Just a Fancy Headdress
Chapter 74- Fight Me on It
Chapter 75- A Sweet Moment
Chapter 76- Proceed as Usual
Chapter 77- Anything for You

Chapter 55- Mouse Trap

8.9K 485 52
By CaptainLux07

It's been a few days.

The world is carrying on wonderfully, she says sardonically. Bobbing my head to the smooth beat of the instrumental playing through my car speakers. Going over some notes that I took for my next class as I had an exam later in the week.

Sitting in my car in the parking lot of the diner. A plastic container containing a half eaten bacon cheese burger and fries that I would snack on. A vanilla milkshake in the cup holder next to me.

Bubba and Morty are running around in the parking lot enjoying each other company and playing. Baby is cuddled in my lap.

I feel content this way. Enjoying the company of my kids as I handle my responsibilities. But it's harder than I'd care to admit.

I haven't been able to have a single lick of alcohol since everything's been closed down. Six days in purgatory, trudging through most of the day irritated and on edge.

The only thing I've been able to savor is marijuana. And not even the cartridge for my pen, but herb weed. I'd have an easier time with the pen, as I can't exactly start blazing in the middle of my schools cafe.

But despite the irritating circumstance I've been able to cope. I've been playing a lot more video games, and I've started sneaking into the school auditorium to play the piano in between classes.

My fingers playing the melody to songs that I've forgotten, but they remember. Hours and hours of practicing trying to cover up my own loneliness with something that sounded nice.

Even now, I want to keep playing.

I put my notes to the side I dig into my pocket for the little plastic bag. Pulling it out to see freshly rolled up joints resting inside.

The day is bright and airy for a fall afternoon. The air is getting colder, and soon it'll be Halloween. If there is any holiday I can appreciate more, it's Halloween. The darkness, the macabre, the strange and unsettling. It's right up my alley.

The diner was already putting decorations up, and people were already falling into the festivities even though Halloween wouldn't be for another two weeks. Leaning my head against the headrest, I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

Smelling the warm deserts that were now leaving the oven in the diner. Warm pumpkin pies, classic monster chocolate chip cookies, coconut sugar cake. The sweet smell of the baked good hung heavy in the air, and it did amazing in capturing peoples attention as more people moved off their set paths to come to the diner.

People leaving in groups after having paid for their deserts, then I see people that I didn't think I'd see. Freezing in my seat as I see Amber and Alpha Ricky exit the shop.

He held her hand in a tight grip, and I saw her curled into herself in pain. Her hand holding the wrist of the hand he was crushing. Alpha Ricky with a painted smile on his face and a plastic bag in his other hand.

But there he was, looking normal and decent, but Ricky's best talent was lying his ass off.

I watched them walk across the parking lot as Ricky was saying something to Amber. I watched as she gave a shake to her head but he yanked on her arm, and I could hear the mean growl that came from him.

Suddenly Amber stood herself upright and moved properly to his side. She mutters something back but is interrupted by Morty bumping into Ricky's leg.

FUCK!

I moved baby off my lap and hopped out the car. Ricky growled menacingly at Morty making him whimper in fear. Bubba came barking and growling. Barking over and over again at Ricky.

The so called alpha growling at him, but Bubba was a fearless dog and barked at him more for scaring Morty.

Just as Ricky's foot came up, the heel of it clearly directed at Bubba's head, I moved quickly blocking his attack.

My sudden appearance made him jump back.

Looking at him head on, I knew he was still the same. The same bully from my childhood and he hasn't gotten any better. Grayish brown hair that he kept gelled to the side. Dark grown hateful eyes, he is taller than before, but I haven't seen him in two years, since he mated with Amber.

He smirked.

"Soulless!" He cheered.

I made no remark about my name. He did it a lot when we were younger, and he obviously proved my point.

"It's been so long since I've seen my favorite dog." He said his hand reaching up to ruffle my hair. But I smack his hand away, crossing my arms over my chest as I stare at him.

Snapping my fingers at the dogs, Bubba understands the command and picks up Morty by the scruff carrying him to the car.

If something was gonna happen, they didn't need to be caught in the middle of it.

Ambers eyes drilled into me as she stood behind Ricky. Her eyes speaking a thousand words that I didn't want to hear.

"I hear you're hanging around with a few well known lycans, how'd you manage that?" He asks, me still not having responded to any of his remarks, I turn away from him.

He reaches out and rudely yanks my arm back in a tight grip.

"I didn't tell you that you could leave." He growled  in my ear, a cold smile painted on his face.

My claws extending out as I spin and grab at the back of his neck sinking my nails into the skin. He hissed as I bring him to a bowing position.

"I don't remember asking for your fucking permission!" I growled and kneed him in the nose. He fell on his ass clutching his bleeding nose. "You haven't changed a bit."

"And you still don't know your place." He said quickly standing up.

"You should know better than to start a fight with me Ricky." I say menacingly.

"We're not kids anymore Solus, you defy me, there are gonna be actual consequences this time." He sneers.

"Since when have I cared about consequences?" I ask stepping towards him.

"You're still an omega Solus." Ricky laughed. "You hanging around with lycans doesn't make you anything better."

"Well this omega just broke your nose. And has broken your arm before, and your ankle." I list off. "Ive made you cry to your daddy before, and I can do it again."

"Is that a threat to your alpha?" He growls in my face and I all I can smell is infidelity. So that's what Amber was talking about. How ironic.

"There is nothing more threatening right now then your cheater breath." I say waving my hand in front of my face.

***
Driving up to the palace, I let the dogs out of the car. Greeting multiple Lycan guards as I pass them. Servants and butlers watching me unaccompanied, walking through their halls like I live here.

The dogs trotting behind me and Baby once again on Bubba's back. Twisting his head around smelling the air around him. Meowing at the unfamiliarity of the space around him.

Moving down the halls peaking into each of the rooms as I find the one I'm looking for.

The bar.

The golden orange glow of the lights gives the bar a warm feel. The dark wooden furniture made most of the room. Two seater round tables that were littered around the room. Brown comfortable couches and chairs in different sections.

Walking straight to where the stack of alcohol was I surveyed the bottles in fascination. Every single bottle on these shelves were made by lycans. Every single whiskey, every single tequila, every single rum, all of it!

Should I even be surprised that they brew more than one kind?

I make a grab for a tequila bottle, taking a small sip of the alcohol. Liking the smoothness of the tequila I throw the whole bottle back. Emptying it in record time slamming the empty bottle down on the bar.

I groaning in satisfaction of the warmth that takes over. Looking around the bar I notice a stage, with a grand piano. The lid propped open inviting me for music.

Don't mind if I do!

Grabbing two more bottles of their tequila I make my way to the stage.

"Solus?" A familiar voice calls and I turn to see Theo. He stands at the entrance of the bar in workout clothes. His head is matted with sweat and his face is flushed.

"You look wet." I say as I pop the cork with my teeth.

"We just got done with our session. What are you doing here?"

"I'm celebrating." I say and chug the bottle back as I take a seat at the piano bench.

"Celebrating what?" He asks looking at me with mild surprise as he watches me swallow the whole bottle down.

Groaning loudly as I slam down the half empty bottle. Theo clearing his throat as I sigh.

"Tell you what, I can tell you all about it, but you need to go shower and then, order us some food."

"Alright, but don't you wanna see Nikolai?" He asks.

"If he's not busy doing something then yeah sure." I shrug.

Theo nods disappearing from the entrance and I let my fingers skim over the piano keys. Taking a deep breath as my mind finally settles on a song.

My fingers picking up the notes fast as both hands dance over the keys. It's a dark but seductive melody that I used to love playing. It was one of my favorite pieces. It always made chills go down my spine just listening to it.

After that song ends, it's another one. Light, delicate, somewhat singing of purity in the notes. I didn't always play this one but it worked in making me feel better when I was sad. Sometimes.

Taking drinks in between every song. Large gulps that shot down my throat but went into my head. Bubba, Morty, and Baby have made themselves comfortable at my feet. Baby and Morty curling into Bubba's stomach. Baby licking his paws and Morty sitting and staring up at me.

But Bubba has laying down lazily looking tired.

"Take your brothers to the couch." I say and Bubba obeys. Grabbing baby up in his mouth and taking them to the little seating area at the foot of the stage.

Morty following behind him. Bubba placing baby and Morty on the three seater couch before choosing to lay on the floor.

I dig into my pocket and pull out the small plastic bag that held three blunts. Taking one out and popping it into my mouth and lighting it. I didn't exactly see another person standing at the doorway.

"You've brought your mutts?" The icy cold voice of one Josephine drifted towards my ears and I sighed in irritation.

"I thought I was clear on killing you the next time I saw you." I say as I blow a cloud of smoke into the air.

"You are an omega wolf, you are absolutely no match for a Lycan! And you have no right to be here!" She growled.

"Wanna bet your life on that?" I ask. Bubba stands up noticing my clear agitation and turns growling at Josephine.

"Tell your mutt to heel." She hisses.

"The only mutt in here is you." I say.

"Josephine!" Nikolai's voice coming from somewhere down the hall and I snort as I take another drag. Josephine  clasps her hands together and bows her head as Nikolai comes into view.

His head swivels to me and I smile and give a exaggerated girlish wave. His jaw clenches and he growls lowly as he turns his attention back to Josephine. Whispering something heatedly into her ear, I watch as her face turns white and she nods before scurrying away.

Nikolai sigh as he moves towards me. Coming up on the stage his eyes landing on the empty bottles.

"You wanna hear something interesting?" I ask smiling.

"Solus I have a few meetings still, but when I'm done we can talk all about it."

"It'll only take a minute." I say as I open the next bottle. Holding it up as I let out a giggle. Clearing my throat as my eyes lock onto Nikolai.

"So I saw Alpha Ricky today and Amber." I say. Nikolai turns giving me his full attention. "Get this, Ricky is cheating on Amber."

I fall into childish laughter, snorting as I struggle to hold the bottle up.

"And better?" I reach out grabbing Nikolai'a wrist. "I broke his nose in the diner parking lot."

I wheeze as I fall forward hunched over. Laughing hard as I struggle to keep myself on my feet. Nikolai having to help me up and sit me on the bench. Laughing still as he knelt down in front of me, hand over my mouth as tears budded into my eyes.

He smirks humorously as I lean forward falling into a breathless laugh. The kind with high pitched squeals that makes people go into cardiac arrest.

"So you broke a man's nose today."  Nikolai chuckles as he brushes my hair out of my face. "You don't normally celebrate that kind of thing."

"No but, it was Ricky. And it was after finding out that he's cheating Amber. I mean isn't that ironic!" I say taking a large chug of the tequila.

"Okay." Nikolai gently removes the bottle from my hands. "The liquor stores are still closed so you'll need to ration what's available."

I hum as I lean forward letting my head fall to his shoulder. He freezes as I've never done this before. I've never let myself get this close to him. But I needed to let him believe it for a second, because I'm sure he was hoping I'd forget.

"Nikolai I have a question." I whisper.

"Okay?" He says lowly. His lips at my ear.

"And you promise to be honest?"

"Always?"

I sigh and hum again.

"What did Natasha mean the other night when she brought up my dad? Why did she say it was his fault?"

He leans back looking at me as I give him a straight look. He knows there isn't any escaping this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6M 330K 34
As an Omega, the lowest-rank werewolf in any pack, Claire is confident her smoking hot Alpha can't be her mate. But she's wrong -- not just about him...
525 197 14
Lycan's were the first beasts created by the moon goddess to protect gods creation; the humans, from Lucifer's creation; the Vampires. Once the dark...
9.7K 271 30
When a werewolf prince comes of age the royal family must hold a ceremony at which 30 girls will go to the castle and live there until he choose's on...
2M 59.4K 36
MATE TRILOGY #1 | Being an orphan at the mere age of sixteen, Lyra Dane, with no place in the pack is faced with an ultimatum; to go Rogue or marry A...