My Opinion on Politics, Race...

Від Marti8CT

My opinion about the 2020 situation put together in a book. While my work is mostly fictional stories, it mig... Більше

Introduction
Politics
POLITICS IN AMERICA VS. COLOMBIA AND POLARIZATION
Democrats
Republicans
Socialism
Extreme Conservatives
Moderates and Why they Fail
Propaganda
The Trump Administration
Immigration
Race
The Race Obsession In America
Police Brutality
Politicians
Immigrants
The African American Civil Rights Movement
Systematic Oppression
Progress
Gender Discrimination
Working Women
Beauty Ideals
Women In Government
Inequalities
Being Taken Seriously
The World is Screwed
Bibliography

Feminism

74 0 0
Від Marti8CT

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is a woman well known for her feminist essays and books. One of them being Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions. In other words, she wrote about how to raise your child as a feminist. I read this book a while back, and I loved it. One thing I want to clear up before speaking about feminism is that the word 'feminist' seems to raise eyebrows. A feminist is not a crazy woman who hates men. A feminist is a woman who wants equality for both men and women. I'm a feminist. Of course, the early feminists were extremists, but only because femininity was a tool used by men to make women seem weak. Today, the modern feminist is a woman who wants equality, and feminists can take place in any form. You can be extremely feminine and a feminist, or maybe you're not that feminine, but it's alright.
I won't give an analysis of the entire book, because I'd much prefer you to read the book yourself, but basically, it explains how we should be raising young women. You need to teach girls to not depend on men.

Teach them independence and fending for themselves. Educate them and teach them to read. Teach them to question things and be curious. Teach them that they can do anything, and they shouldn't be discouraged when someone says 'you can't do that because you are a girl'. Marriage is not an achievement. It's okay to be different. Teach them about inequality. Give them a sense of identity. Allow young girls to dream and do whatever they want. Teach young girls to be themselves, not what other people think they should be.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

The Story Doesn't End With the Book Від Len

Підліткова література

114 2 13
At the beginning of the year, I was so confident that everything would turn out perfectly. It was supposed to be a great year. Full of potential. But...
WO/MAN (Arthanaareeshwaram) Від Ru Krish

Філософія та духовні розповіді

2.7K 300 20
No! Don't prejudge the story by the cover. (Though this is the most appropriate and best one.) No! You need not like what I am saying. No! You need n...
1.2K 25 25
"Elle, why? Are you not happy here? Am I doing something wrong...?" His voice seemed to break when he was asking that last question. "No, it's not yo...
510 88 30
𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗦𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘆 <3 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲�...