The Last of Us Part 2 (Male!E...

By LayceJ25

Five years after their cross-country trip, Joel, (y/n) and Elliot enjoy their tranquil life in Jackson. But w... More

A/N
Prolouge
Chapter 1: If I Ever Were To Lose You
Chapter 2: A Birthday Surprise
Chapter 3: Take On Me
Chapter 4: If Only They Were Immune...
Chapter 6: I Would Like To Try
Chapter 7: Please, Stop! Please, Don't Do This!
Chapter 8: She Can't Stop Us
Chapter 9: Seattle
Chapter 10: You're Immune?!
Chapter 11: What The Hell Are You Doing Here?
Chapter 12: I Owe Them
Chapter 13: WLF Hospital
Chapter 14: What Happened To Us?
Chapter 15: Seraphite Island
Epilogue

Chapter 5: We're Done!

5.4K 225 133
By LayceJ25

*3rd Person POV*

2 Days Later

After dismounting his horse, Elliot looks up at the familiar St Mary's hospital. The shine from the moonlight gave it a haunting yet beautiful look. Elliot stared at it as he decided whether he wanted to go in or not.

A part of him didn't want to and just go back to Jackson to continue his life. But the other part of him just couldn't let go of this nagging feeling that something wasn't right. He had an odd feeling that Joel and (y/n) were lying about what happened here but he'd normally would push the thought off to the side.

​​​They'll come around and tell me when they're ready. He always thought but neither of them brought it up and it was starting to bug him. He thought he could let it go, he wanted to let it go, but he simply couldn't.

As he stared at the building, he started to feel anxious and scared. He didn't know what lied before him in this hospital, he just knew that the story they told him didn't make any sense and he had so many questions. And the answers were right there in front of him.

I have to know. He thought as he stares at the large building, his hand shaking, whether from excitement or anxiety he wasn't for sure. He sighs, heavily, and makes his way towards the hospital.

As he explores, he noticed that some parts of the wall and floor had dried blood splatters. Wonder how long those had been there? He thought as he made his way to the top floor. "Hello?" He called out but there was no one here. He sighed once again and made it through the door, where there was a sign that said Pediactrics and an arrow pointing at it.

He goes into one room on the right and found it full of boxes with stuff in it. "Left alot of stuff here." He muttered as he opens one box full of some sort've equipment. He grumbles under his breath then makes it to another box but nothing.

"Come on. There's gotta be something." He mutters as he leaves the room. "Why'd you all leave?" He asked as he heads into what looked like an office. There he saw what looked like files and x-ray drawings of someone's brain and some sort've mutation growth on the brain.

"What's this?" He asked as he flicks through it and there was a picture of an arm with a bite mark that looked like his. "Is that me?" He said, shocked, and he flicks through the files and sees a note on it.

The growth has clearly mutated. Let's see if the test results cooperate our theory. This is big!

"What?!" He mutters, confused, as he starts to look around the room some more. There was nothing else so he decided to leave the room and head towards this large red door.

He opens it then walks over to another door and opens it to reveal what looked like an operating room. He looks around then finds a duffle bag with the Firefly logo on it. He kneels down and zips it open and digs around inside, only to find a tape recording.

He pulls it out and stares at it for a moment then before he pressed the play button. "Most people have left already. I don't know which group I'm gonna join..." the female voice said and Elliot narrowed his eyes.

I was one of the ones that wanted to go after the smuggler and the kids. They said....even if we found him, or by some miracle, someone else that's immune; it'd make no difference. 'Cause the only person who can develop a vaccine is dead.

The sun was rising as Elliot was sitting outside of the hospital, sitting on top of a box, holding that recorder. He was just in shock at what he listened to that he kept replaying it over and over, mainly that last couple of sentences.

He couldn't believe it, the two most important people to him had indeed lied. He knew that they were but he didn't think it was to this extent. He just sat there, shell-shocked.

Suddenly, he heard upcoming hooves and he stopped the recording and set it aside as he sees Joel and (y/n) coming towards him. "Elliot!" they called out and their horse stops then they dismount the horse and walk over to him.

"Thank God!" (Y/n) said as she runs over to him and hugs him. But he doesn't reciprocate the embrace as Joel comes up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "The hell were you thinking? Running off in the middle of the night like that? You talk to us. You don't just leave us a damn note--" Joel said to him, his voice full of worry, when Elliot shoves (y/n) off of him then slaps Joel's hand off of his shoulder.

He let's out a shaky breath then he looks up at the two. "Tell me...what really happened here." He said, firmly, to them. Joel and (y/n) exchange looks before they look back at him. "If you two lie to me one more time...I'm gone. You will never see me again. But if you guys tell me the truth...I'll go back to Jackson. No matter what it is." Elliot said, struggling with keeping his emotions in check.

(Y/n) looks back over to the hospital and all the haunting memories of that night came flooding back into her mind. She looks over at Joel as he looks at the building then he looks down at the ground. "Just say it." Elliot whispers and (y/n) bite her lips then her fingers fidget while Joel was fighting the urge to say the truth.

"Guys..." Elliot pleads to them and (y/n) takes a deep breath then looks at Joel. "Making a vaccine...would've killed you." Joel replied as his face relaxed a bit then raised his head to look up at Elliot, who looked shocked and in disbelief. "So we stopped them." Joel finished and then the hurt and sadness hit Elliot as he looks down.

"Oh my God!" He cries as he turns away from them and placed his hands on his head. Tears started to pour down his face but slowly it started to turn to anger. "I fucking knew you guys were hiding something! I just..." he stopped as he wipes away his tears.

"Elliot, I'm so sorry." (Y/n) said and then Elliot looked over his shoulder. "Sorry?! You're sorry?!?! Of what?! That you couldn't hide this from me for the rest of my life?!" Elliot growled then he turned to look at Joel. "You killed that doctor! You killed Marlene!" Elliot screamed then he looks at (y/n). "And you let him do it!"

"Elliot, I don't know what you found in there but I can tell you that there's more to it than whatever you found in there." Joel said and Elliot lets out a humorless laugh. "Yeah, sure whatever." He growls. "He's right, Elliot. There is..." 

"How can I believe you?! You guys lied to me!!" Elliot yelled, interrupting (y/n). "Son, listen..." Joel started but Elliot yells over him. "DON'T CALL ME THAT!!" Elliot glares at the two as they look at him shock. "Elliot, please..." (y/n) said but Elliot said. "Stop! I don't want to hear it!"

Then (y/n) starts to reach out to him but he slaps her hand away. "Don't you fucking touch me!" He yells then he looks at them, angrily. "I'll go back. But we're done." Elliot said, angrily, then he bends down, grabs his backpack then he walks up to (y/n).

"That means us too! You and I are done!" He growls then he stomps away from them. (y/n) places her hands over her face and begins to cry while Joel looks down and Elliot gets on his horse and gallops off.

After that confrontation, Elliot went and grabbed most of his things, moved out of the shed behind Joel's house and moved in with Daniel and Dina's place. He told them that he, Joel and (y/n) had an fallen out and he couldn't be around them right now, so they let him stay.

Days turned into months as he stayed away from Joel and (y/n) as best as he could. There were a few times he saw them but he would ignore them and just continued on with his day.

He would only talk to Tommy or Maria every now and then but it was usually mostly about patrols. Every now and then it would be small talk but neither Tommy or Maria would never bring up Joel and (y/n). Tommy tried one time and Elliot cut him off and told him to never bring them up.

As Elliot got his tattoo finished by Cat, the two started to get close and then, a few months after Elliot moved out, Cat made the first move towards him by kissing him. At that moment, the two began to date which broke (y/n)'s heart when Dina told her.

(Y/n) was in a depressed stage as she was holed up in her room for a few days after the confrontation. Joel tried to talk to her but she wouldn't say a word or even acknowledge his presence when he walked into her room.

Joel then got even more worried about her and was afraid to lose (y/n). He's already lost Elliot, he doesn't want to lose her too. So he asked Tommy to maybe talk to (y/n), who agreed, and knocked on her door.

"Go away, Joel." (Y/n), tearfully. "It's not Joel. It's Tommy. Can I come in?" Tommy asked and (y/n) frowned then made a grunt noise and Tommy walks in her room, shutting the door behind him, to see her laying in her bed with a pillow over her head.

"Lemme guess: Joel asked you to come check on me?" She said and Tommy frowns a bit. He has never seen (y/n) this upset before but then again this had to be her first heartbreak. "I ain't gonna lie, he is worried about you." Tommy said as (y/n) groans.

Tommy takes a chair near her desk and sits down in it. "I’m guessing he told you what happened then?” (y/n) said and Tommy nods. “He did." He replies then lets out a heavy sigh. "Look, I know it's hard right now. And this isn't something you don't want to hear but it will get better."

"How the hell is it gonna get better?" (Y/n) asked, angrily, as she takes the pillow off of her head and sits up. "By taking it one day at a time." Tommy replied. “How can I? You should’ve seen the look on elliot’s face. He doesn’t want anything to with me or Joel.” (y/n) yells.

"Joel will sort something out but will take time." Tommy tires to assured. “I told him it was a bad idea! I told him it was going to happen eventually. Yet I end up paying the price in the end. I’ve lost Elliot because of him!” She screams.

"You think you're the only one suffering?" Tommy asked and (y/n)'s eyes widen a bit then she frowns and lowers her gaze. "My brother's not very good at talking about his emotions. He's been the keep it all inside kind've guy. But he cares about you and Elliot alot. And I know that Elliot cutting ties with you two is hurting him as well. And he feels guilty because he knows how much Elliot means to you." Tommy said.

There was a long silence between them before both of them spoke at the same time. "No, go ahead." Tommy tells her and she sighs. “I’m sorry...I just really miss Elliot so much and...it hurts that he doesn’t want to be around me anymore because of what we did." (y/n) said and Tommy nods. "I guess I didn’t realize that it’s hurting Joel too.” She said.

"Don't tell me. Tell him." Tommy said and he points towards the door. She looks at Tommy then gets up and starts to go towards the door but goes to hug Tommy. "Thanks, Tommy." She said as he hugs her back. "You're welcome, darlin'." He said then (y/n) goes out to find Joel sitting in his living room area. 

Hearing footsteps, Joel stands up and sees (y/n) standing at the doorway. "Hey..." he greets softly. (Y/n) stares at him for a moment before she runs over to him and hugs him. "I'm sorry." She said, tearfully, as he hugs her back. "It's okay, babygirl. I'm sorry." He whispers and the two hug each other as Tommy comes back down the stairs and gives a small smile towards them.

Time went on for (y/n) and she slowly started to get over Elliot, but he was always in the back of her mind especially when Dina told her about him and Cat getting together. She did try to date other guys but none of them really lasted long, so she just went ahead and stayed single.

Dina, Daniel and Jesse were still her friends and talked to her but they had to talk to her and Elliot separately as Elliot couldn't really stand to be around her. But Dina became the closer friend to (y/n) and the two would just bad mouth the boys behind their backs, but it was all just in a jokingly manner.

During all that, (y/n) grew closer to Joel, Tommy and Maria as they always had like get-togethers and just hang out, like a family. Even though Elliot wasn't around, (y/n) still felt like she was part of a family for the first time in a long time.

After being together for almost a year, Elliot realized that he didn't want to be with Cat anymore so they broke up. He moved on but, in the back of his mind, (y/n) still occupied his thoughts. He was still angry with her but a part of him missed her and it was even hard whenever there was a party in town.

He would see her there talking to Dina and Daniel and the two girls would go dance with a few other guys then do a silly dance together while Daniel came over to talk to Elliot. He would continue to watch (y/n) as she danced and he would feel this weird aching feeling in his chest. 

I miss her. He thought but then he'd shake his head and do his best to put the feeling aside. No, she lied to me! I can't forgive her....at least...not yet. He thought then he'd take a drink and walk out.

He hadn't really seen Joel around much either but there were a couple of times where he saw Joel and (y/n) walking in town together, usually when they were heading to do their patrols. He wasn't for sure when he was gonna actually talk to them, or even forgive them, but he found that that day was gonna come sooner than he thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.2K 1.7K 18
A young teenager with a chaotic brain joins a scurfy old man and immune girl on their journey through a post apocalyptic world.
26.3K 1.3K 13
The lone wanderer is once again low on supplies, so he decides to carry out a seemingly simple robbery at the small village called Jackson, but this...
184K 5.9K 51
As Joel and Tommy seek shelter from a blizzard, they end up in your area. Not thrilled, but neither hateful towards them, you allow the two strangers...
10.3K 336 29
When 23 year old Daisy breaks-up with her cheating boyfriend, she has nowhere else to go. When she finds herself in this complicated situation, Sarah...