The Family I Needed

By Kim_the_Rabbit17

Charlotte has been living with Donald and the triplets a few months after being saved from the streets and ha... More

Before We Start
Woo-oo!
Escape To/From Atlantis
The Great Dime Chase
The House of the Lucky Gander
The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra
McMystery at McDuck McManor
The Missing Links of Moorshire
The Spear of Selene
Beware the B.U.D.D.Y. System
The Golden Lagoon of White Agony Plains
JAW$
Sky Pirates... in the Sky
The Secret(s) of Castle McDuck
The Other Bin of Scrooge McDuck
The Last Crash of the Sunchaser
The Shadow War Part I: The Night of De Spell
The Shadow War Part II: The Day of the Ducks
Book 2 is Out!

The Infernal Intership of Mark Beaks

6.9K 136 219
By Kim_the_Rabbit17

(This chapter will having nothing to do with Mark Beaks. So, sorry if you like Mark Beaks)

Scrooge and Glomgold sat in front of one another, glaring into each other's eyes, growling and grumbling with bagpipes playing in the background in a room that was literally split in half. One half of the room was themed for Scrooge, the other half was themed for Glomgold.

Huey, Dewey, and Charlotte were standing next to Scrooge, a bit confused as to what was going on. "Are we going to the store, or...?" Huey asked. "Quiet. I'm in the middle of a vision beast battle of wills." Scrooge said. "So it's a staring contest?" Dewey asked. That's one way to call a staring contest. "It's not just a staring contest. It's a-." Glomgold was about to look at Dewey, but stopped himself from making that mistake. "Nice try, Mcduck, but your family bickering will never get me to look away. Never!" Glomgold said. "It's a staring contest." Dewey stated.

A short man, who seemed to be the one running the building, appeared next to them. "Excuse me. This area of the Duckburg Billionaires' Club is for our elite members. The crème a la crème. The finest ducks in Duckburg." As they were exiting out of the room, a tall, gray bird wearing a dark gray jacket, a light yellow shirt and some pants entered the room, looking at his phone. Huey gasped as he recognized him. "Is that...!?" Huey couldn't even finished his question. "Yup." The guy said. Huey smiled as they exited out of the room.

He pulled up a chair and sat in between the two. "Old guys. Nice clubhouse you've got here. Got a real 'I'm so rich I don't care how I look' quality about. Rich peeps!" He then took a selfie with Scrooge and Glomgold in it. "I'm tagging us." He said. "I'm sorry. Who are you?" Glomgold asked, not breaking eye contact with Scrooge. "Seriously? Mark Beaks? Founder and CEO of Waddle? Soon to be newest addition to the Duckburg Billionaires' Club. Come on." He showed a screen of his progress to becoming a billionaire. Glomgold pushes his phone away. "And creator of the newest tech innovation, Project Ta-da. It's everything you think it is, and nothing your expecting. I'll flip your my peep deets so you can follow my updates." Beaks said. "I don't understand half those words." Scrooge said, not breaking eye contact either. "Whoa. Weird. I wouldn't have thought you successful guys would be so behind the times. Allow me to take to the future." Beaks replaced the bagpipes to one of his favorite remixes, the music blasting so loudly.

They stood in the small "Kid Check" area as the music can be heard being played behind the doors. What kind of music is that? It doesn't really sound good. Huey was staring at the door while holding a magazine with Mark Beaks on the front cover. "That was Mark Beaks! He's right in there! Oh man. I'm almost breathing the same air as him." Huey then took a sniff of the air. "Ingenuity." Huey whispered. Who? I've never heard of him before. "Come on. Like I couldn't be a young, influential business guy." Dewey said. Huey laughed a bit at Dewey's sentence. "What?" Dewey asked. "Oh. Oh! You were serious? It's just that, you're more the crazy, irresponsible fun guy than the serious, brilliant successful guy." Huey said. "You don't know! At least I'm not the guy who just reads about people who do stuff guy. I could be a bigger deal than Beaks in three years tops!" Dewey put on a helmet from a suit of armor that he managed to get, and the rest of the armor fell apart. The short man stared angrily at Dewey. "I'll pay for that in three years. I am very sorry."

After about a minute, Mark Beaks exited out of the room, his music blasting from the room as the door opened. Charlotte had to cover her ears for a second by how loud the music was. "Keep making that money, y'all! See you in two million dollars and counting!" The doors closed and Beaks looked at his phone angrily. "Stuck up old money-duddies. Don't even have a social media presence." Beaks muttered to himself, but Charlotte heard him clearly. At least they have something better to do than be on social media all the time. Well, at least one of them. Suficit to say, she did not like him. "Mr. Beaks. I'm Dewey, future astronaut president and..."

"Can you sign this!? You're my hero and a genius!"

This caught Beaks attention. "Genius?" He smiled and went over to the two, taking out a pen and signing Huey's magazine. "You two! I like how much you like me. That shows real smarts. Come by the offices and I'll hook you up with a tour. Maybe even an after school job." Beaks pointed finger guns at them while making sound effects. "You mean it!?" Huey asked excitedly. "Sure. Why not?" Dewey said. "Amazing sauce. I'll text you." Beaks summoned a self-balancing hoverboard. "Internship starts mañana." He said as he got on his hoverboard and rode off.

Scrooge and Glomgold were still staring at each other, their eyes becoming red as the music was still blasting into their ears. Glomgold began to grumble. "What? Did you say something?" Scrooge asked. "I was just grumbling." Glomgold answered. "Well do it louder!" Scrooge said. "Then it's not grumbling! Gah! I hate this music!" Glomgold shouted. "We got to do something about New Guy." Scrooge said. "I never had Lou's Pie." Glomgold said, mishearing Scrooge. "No, New Guy!" Scrooge said louder. "Oh! Agreed! Let's get rid of him! Great, now I want pie!" Glomgold looked away to ring a bell for service. Glomgold quickly realized what he had done as Scrooge smirked. "Wait! No!" Scrooge stood up and threw his arms up in victory. "Ha! See you tomorrow, Flinty!" Scrooge said as he walked out of the room.

Charlotte covered her ears again as the music played through the open door. "Can we go to the store now?" Huey asked. "Alright. Let's go." As they exited out of the club, Charlotte pointed to Scrooge then to her eyes. "My eyes?" Scrooge asked. Charlotte nodded. "Don't worry, lass. I'll be fine." Charlotte nodded as they made their way to the store.

The next day, Scrooge went back to the club. Charlotte came along since she had nothing better to do at the mansion. Charlotte walked to the "Kids Check" area and sat down against the wall. Scrooge opened the door, only for him to cover his ears at the music that was still playing. Scrooge closed the door behind him, which Charlotte was thankful for. "Turn that nonsense off!" Scrooge said. "I've already tried. It's impossible." Scrooge pushed a button with his cane and the music stopped. "Well, how was I supposed to know the one button and the off button were the same button?" Glomgold asked. Scrooge pushed an empty box of pizza away. "Did you sleep here last night?" Scrooge asked. Glomgold pulled down a screen. "Don't be ridiculous. Who can sleep when you're plotting against a nemesis? That cocky Mark Beaks may be the only man I hate as much as you." Glomgold said. "I know the feeling." Scrooge said. "So now I propose we get rid of him."

Glomgold clapped his hands, the lights turning off. Glomgold turned on a projector that presented a slide show. "Do we really need a slide show?" Scrooge asked. "Sweet, naive Scroogy. Leave the devious planning to the professionals. You're in my world now, McDuck." Glomgold said. "Yeah, alright. Show me what you've got." Scrooge said. "No, you're actually on my side of the room." Scrooge looked down to see the tip of his foot was over the line. He slowly slid his foot back to his side of the room. Scrooge then sighed. "I'm going to need a second opinion on this." Scrooge opens the door to see Charlotte still sitting against the wall. "Come on in, lass. I'm going to need your help." Charlotte nodded and entered the room.

~•~

"And, lo, he shall pay for his arrogance as his world crumbles around him and Beaks will rue the day he heard the name Flintheart Glomgold! Hahaha!" Scrooge awoke to his laughter in surprise as Charlotte was standing behind Scrooge's chair. "Oh, and Scrooge Mcduck I guess." Scrooge yawned. "Are you finished?" Scrooge asked tiredly. "Every evil plot starts a declaration of hatred speech. You have so much to learn." Glomgold said. "Great." Scrooge stretched his arms. "Now, can we talk about the actual plan?" Scrooge asked. "I thought you'd never ask." Glomgold said. "I asked several hours ago." Scrooge said. I would've fallen asleep, if the speech wasn't so... loud.

"Our scheme to destroy Beaks begins with an invitation to a billionaires convention on a yacht. We'll tell him we're going, but then we won't show! First slam!" Seriously? "Seems unnecessary, especially the part about the yacht." Scrooge said. Glomgold continued on. "Emotionally devastated, Beaks will seek solace and drown his sorrows at the buffet." How will you know he'll do exactly that? "A yacht and a buffet for one person? I'm not paying for all that." Scrooge said. "Fine. We'll use my yacht." Glomgold continued. "Now, distracted by delicious shrimp, Beaks won't realize he's being sailed into an active volcano where it'll get so hot, he'll jump into the yacht's pool. Which, unbeknownst to him, will be filled with sharks!" Sharks!? Where did the sharks even come from!? "Where did the sharks come from?" Scrooge asked. "I've got a great shark guy." Glomgold answered. "Beaks will be so terrified by the sharks, he'll forget that he's in a volcano, and jump blindly into the lava! All while we watch from a bridge above."

So the plan is to kill him!? I didn't like him, but not that much! "Wait. I thought we wanted to boot him out of our club, not kill him. Although, you have tried to kill me countless times, which usually ends up being annoying than deadly." Scrooge said. Charlotte thought about it. That's a good point. "That's right. I'm a genius. Now, pay attention, 'cause this is where it gets complicated. Scrooge groaned as Charlotte pinched the bridge of her nose (bill?). Charlotte gave Scrooge a look that said "Are we really doing this?" Scrooge sighed. "I guess we are." Scrooge whispered to her.

Later, Glomgold had a tank with a shark inside. "Who loves to be a pawn in my twisted, evil plots? You! Yes, you do!" Glomgold said to the shark. "Why on earth should we ever need this?" Scrooge asked, pointing at a giant stuffed bunny. "Well, how else is Beaks going to know he's at the annual carrot festival? You clearly didn't understand the plan. Let's start from the beginning." No! Not again! "No!" Scrooge ran over to stop him, but knocked over a box where a slide show rolled out.

Charlotte picked it up and read the title before giving it to Scrooge. "Backstabbing Scrooge: Version three. What's this?" Scrooge asked. "Oh, um, it's nothing." Glomgold stammered. Scrooge put the slide show in to see that after Beaks jumped into the lava, Glomgold was going to let Scrooge fall into the lava as well. "This whole thing was a trap for me, isn't it?" Scrooge asked. "What!? Of course not! Your new best friend would never." Even I can tell you're lying. Scrooge gave Glomgold a skeptical look before he and Charlotte walked away. "No! Stay right there!" Scrooge and Charlotte stopped and took a step back just as an axe came down to slice them in their previous spot. "Thank goodness you moved out of the way at the last minute, or you would have been destroyed by that axe." Glomgold pretended to be concerned.

"How long have you been planning that one? More than six months?" Scrooge asked. Glomgold crossed his arms. "I don't want to say." He simply answered. "I can't believe I wasted a whole day obsessing over someone I don't like, and it nearly got me killed. Who am I, you?" Scrooge sighed, both him and Charlotte walking to the door. "Have fun with your new nemesis. I'm gonna go beat you both by actually being a better billionaire." Scrooge said, turning Beaks music back in before leaving.

"What do you think, lass? Think I can beat them both?" Scrooge asked. Charlotte nodded her head, giving him a small smile as well as a thumbs up. "Attagirl, lass." Scrooge said with a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 102 15
__________________ โ™ก๏ธŽ~A Ducktales Season 1 Rewrite~โ™ก๏ธŽ Selene Duck lives a very normal life. She has a good friend group and decent grades. She lives...
49.6K 1.5K 19
Louie always had inner demons, but when they start to get worse, Louie questions not only his bad side but his good side. (Contains: bad thoughts, b...
3.6K 100 21
I ended up in DuckTales in the weirdest way possible! Even more bizarre things happen when I find out I have a life there! About three episodes equal...
14.8K 409 51
โ•ญโ”ˆโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ เณ„เพ€เฟ หŠหŽ- โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค humanity . . . โ‡ข ห—หห‹ reforming a villain that scrooge has faced since the beginning. he considers himself Scrooge's number 1 e...