MEDIUM

By Lyfeo_M_Jay

Adrian knew he was weird, well weirder, he had abilities and powers no one had, he could see things no normal... More

01.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

02.

8K 475 54
By Lyfeo_M_Jay

Adrian.

"Oh shit I'm so late." Adrian groaned, he knew staying late at school on a Friday to watch Jonathan's game would result in him being late, when he glanced at his wrist where his watch was, a small smile spread at the corner of his lips, he was a minute early. When it came to the twins Adrian knew they could entertain each other for hours, so staying at Jonathan's game wasn't all that bad.

"Adrian!" Mark yelled followed by another scream by Martin. "Hey my little princes, I'm sorry I'm late but I have treats to make up for it." Adrian offered and the twins grinned for the bribe. "Okay, we forgive you!" They spoke in unison, it wasn't creepy for Adrian like everyone else, he was creepier anyway with all he could do. In the distance there was a rumble, storm clouds were gathering and it seemed it would rain soon.

"Let's go home boys, it's gonna rain soon." Adrian remarked, as he turned to leave he noticed a black haired boy by one of the swings alone, he recognized the boy, it was Jax's little brother, he remembered him from the time he had gone to their house last week. Adrian wondered why no one had come to get him. "Boys stay here." He ordered and walked over to the little boy.

"Hie." Adrian greeted. "Hey, you're the boy who helped daddy." The little boy instantly replied which somehow made Adrian relax. "Yes, I am, why are you alone, where is Jax or your dad?" Adrian questioned as the teacher in charge walked toward them. "Oh hello Adrian." She greeted. "Hie Mrs. Terry." He replied the teacher with a smile, the two of them were acquintained seeing as the twins were lively and always up to mischief which only Adrian could handle at times.

"Isn't anyone picking him up?" Adrian asked the woman, she had a saddened expression when she looked at the little boy. "His dad used to come pick him up and you know he was caught up in that shooting, now his other father is still at work and I don't know about his brother." She explained and it clicked in Adrian's mind, Jax was still at school, they had a seniors game tonight.

"There is a storm coming and I don't think it's wise to have him here alone, I can take him with us then Jax get him from our house, you can inform his father if that's okay." Adrian offered and Mrs. Terry smiled gratefully, she hadn't meant to stay late at the preschool but the little boy had to be taken home before she left, it was her responsibility. "If it's not too much trouble I guess." Adrian added but the woman brought over Jax's little brother's things.

"No not at all, I will inform his father, and also his brother you do the same." She explained and Adrian smiled kindly to the lady. "Kent, you're okay with leaving with Adrian and the twins, he will stay with you till Jax comes to get you." Mrs. Terry expressed and the boy nodded. "It's okay." He mumbled while getting up from the swing set. "Let's go before it starts to rain." Adrian asserted as Kent held onto his hand and the twins fought over which of them would hold Adrian's other hand.

By the time they got home it was drizzling, the three boys were chatting away in the lounge as Adrian made something between lunch and a late snack. "Boys come eat." Adrian announced and the twins each held Kent's hand and ran with him to the table, Adrian smiled warmly knowing the twins were kind to Kent, and that they knew not to leave him behind like he taught them, basically Adrian had raised his own siblings which hadn't been an easy task.

The little boys each took a plastic plate and cup as they sat at the table, each one waited for their serving and spoke with their mouths full of course but no matter how hard Adrian reprimanded, it wasn't taken in. The house phone rang and Adrian stood to answer it. "Adrian Brooke speaking." Adrian answered after telling the kids to calm down.

"Hello Adrian it's Mr. Milford, I wanted to thank you again, it seems I'm always thanking you, I heard from Kent's teacher that you took him home with you and I wanted to say thank you, I'm stuck at work, with this weather, the roads are blocked, I asked Jax to come pick him up but he has a game, I didn't want to trouble you but could Kent stay there until Jax can take him home, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience." The man strenuously apologized but Adrian chuckled because it was unnecessary.

"Its okay Mr. Milford, he can stay as long as he wants it's no problem, just make sure you're safe and just know your son is safe, he has the twins to play with so he won't be alone until Jax comes, do you want to talk to him." Adrian replied and the man seemed relieved. "Yes, you can put him on." The man urged and Adrian motioned Kent to come over. "It's your dad." Adrian whispered as the little boy held the phone. Kent and his father talked for a little bit until Kent gave over the phone to Adrian.

"Thanks again Adrian you're a lifesaver." The man stated before the call ended. "So it seems Kent is staying a little longer, go play while I clean up you little rascals then we can watch movies." Adrian instructed and in a blur of giggles the three boys went to the twin's playroom which was the basement. Adrian's job paid enough for him to be able to keep up the house plus buy things for his siblings, because of the extra money he got from the cheques from their father, he was however careful about how he spent the money.

Although Jonathan was working hard on getting a football scholarship Adrian had saved more than enough money already for his brother to go to college without worry, he also had saved for the twins, this was a result of the help he had given the local police from time to time when there were murders and they needed someone connected to spirits to help, but this was known by a few at the precinct. It wouldn't exactly go down well when the adults realized an almost eighteen year old kid was helping with deaths and murders.

After cleaning up the kitchen and dining Adrian placed the frozen chicken out to defrost, he left the kitchen and walked to the small library in the house, he popped by the basement door to check on the boys and saw they were playing, hence he continued with his mission. A few years ago before their mother died she brought home a large case filled with books, at the time the books seemed useless and utter garbage until Adrian started fully grasping the reach of his weird powers, and also after meeting the ghost of his grandmother briefly.

Adrian went through the books and realized they weren't just ordinary books, the books spoke of mana, alchemy and many types of magic which honestly Adrian tried but could never grasp but that didn't stop him from reading though, he had read them, most of them anyway, that's how Adrian knew how to control his powers, as he got more and more in-depth with the books he realized his grandmother before she died might've been like him or similar to him in a way, he wished he could ask her what it all meant, where it came from but those books of origin weren't included in the case.

Adrian found himself engrossed in one of the many books, it was a bestiary, he had never bothered with the book before but now he was starting to realize he might not be the only one with mystical powers in Greeneway Bay, because at times he can still sense the aura of the vampire that killed one of his own kind in the school, yes he now knew what that man was, he had learned because it was imperative to do so if ever he were attacked himself or his family and friends.

After reading the book for nearly two hours he decided it was time for a break as he was no longer reading for the first time but reading for the third time to take in details he could've missed on each of the creatures that was in the bestiary. Adrian pushed aside his golden hair from his face, he chuckled thinking of how he was the typical blonde only that he had creepy powers. He out of his siblings had inherited these powers, in the twins he could feel something but it was too dormant to be anything real, in Jonathan it was a totally different story but he hadn't gotten to the research part of finding out what it was since Johnny was never a home person that much.

Adrian walked downstairs to check on the twins and Kent, he chuckled when he found them curled up on the small mattress they sat on watching movies completely asleep. He waved his hand and all three were lifted from the ground, carefully he moved them upstairs to the twin's room, there was an extra bed there, so when he separated the tangled mess they slept without much of a fuss. He crept out of the room silently after tucking them all in, it was pouring outside, he began to wonder if the game hadn't been canceled because it was too much rain, but with how the school staff were, they might have not done it.

Adrian got to cooking dinner, he made the chicken along with a variable of side dishes, if there was one thing he knew his siblings loved especially Johnny, it was meat, so he cooked a lot of it, Adrian was grateful to have the week off from work but he knew Monday he would be groaning and complaining about it and their schedule would change a little. As Adrian cooked he couldn't help feel uneasy about Jonathan not being home or Jax not coming to get his brother, both were at school, but it was pouring, surely they would have let them go.

After leaving the food to simmer Adrian walked to the window, he spotted the familiar black car passing by his house which made his worry even more evident, the guy or guys were now actively stalking him which didn't sit right with him, but Adrian wasn't going to be stupid enough to go confront the guy, he just planned ahead, so he snapped his fingers and wards around the house were raised, it was something from a book he read. When he felt a flicker of anger he smirked and walked away to check on the kids. Adrian climbed the stairs wondering why his bother wasn't back, the thought hadn't left his mind.

When he got to the room where the boys were cute yawns sounded in the room. "Hey Adrian." Kent mumbled with a yawn and he chuckled looking at the boy. "Come on it's dinner time, you can sleep more later." He cooed helping Kent off the bed along with his twin brothers, Martin was still half asleep whilst Mark was dragging his baby blanky along with him like always after a nap. They got downstairs without hassle and soon they were seated by the dinner table, as they ate Jonathan pushed his key into the keyhole and opened the door hurriedly, in the process letting Jax in, it was still pouring outside and the boys were wet so much so they could feel it in their boxers.

Adrian stood near the door with a smile of relief while the boys stripped most of their clothing, Adrian groaned averting his eyes from the sculptured sinful body of Jax, as well as the half nudity of his brother. "I'm glad you're okay." Adrian spoke in Jonathan's mind, it didn't surprise Johnny, he loved the connection he had with his sibling. "Barely, sorry for making you worry, I didn't mean to, but it was either risk the rain or wait for it to stop which it didn't, so we decided to risk the rain when Jax got a call from his dad, let me get him in some warm clothes we'll be down in a sec." Jonathan all but replied in Adrian's mind with a smile on his lips.

Jax stood awkwardly unaware of the psychic conversation going on. "Oh sorry Jax, I'm glad you're okay too, Johnny has clothes you can fit in, come down for dinner once you're changed." Adrian mumbled with embarrassment burning his cheeks, Jax smiled toward him genuinely his long black curls making his even more delicious to look at. "It's okay, thanks for taking care of my baby brother." He responded as he followed Johnny, Adrian nodded as he turned to go back to the dining room. "Cute crush, I can see the appeal." Jonathan whispered in Adrian's mind and the boy burned with more embarrassment but Jonathan never judged him, he himself was bisexual.

Jonathan.

In all sense Johnny respected his older brother, more like how a son would respect his father because Johnny had seen it all when he was little, the real father he had was Adrian even though he was a year younger than him. After he gave Jax clothes the two walked downstairs to find Adrian already in the laundry room placing their clothes in a basket. He walked back with his gentle smile, he always seemed to bring warmth where ever he was with that smile.

"So how did the game go?" Adrian asked Jax who smiled happily. "Despite the rain, we won." He cheered beside Johnny, the two had realized that were close due to Adrian's affiliation to both of them and had quickly become friends and Johnny respected Jax as did Jax in return. "Eat up there is plenty." Adrian asserted as he served them both, he enjoyed the company of his siblings plus their guests, they never really had guests but he was okay with that.

Johnny laughed along with his siblings as he got to know Jax and Kent more, he realized there was more to the jock that what met the eye, his little brother more so. "I think you guys should sleep here, it's already late, there is an extra bed in the twin's room and I don't think Jonny would mind if you're in his room." Adrian expressed but Johnny didn't want that, he wanted his brother to have a little something of his own. "Nope I mind, he'll stay in your room, agreed, great." He left no room for argument and Adrian conceded. It was fine anyway though he didn't know how fine he would be sleeping next to his gorgeous crush. "Thanks so much, Jonny." He sarcastically replied in his head.

+++

Due to the story having singular updates, it will have longer chapters and no particular update schedule.

LMJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 264 23
"Growing up in a pack house full of rabid wolves was hard. Not being able to shift in a pack house full of rabid wolves was even harder. They would a...
71.4K 2.5K 10
Ghost walks the halls, only seen by one boy, Quinn, in years. The two are close friends, inseparable really. Another kid, Sean, gets an injury from...
125K 225 2
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...
124 16 8
''Name?'' ''-less'' I said and she looked at me through her glasses. ''What is your real name child?'' she asked me again behind her desk. My mind w...