SHERLOCK I, II, III & IV • #w...

By EKShortstories

In a five part story based on the BBC TV show SHERLOCK, the legendary detective, Sherlock Holmes, and his mil... More

You Could [SHERLOCK FANFIC // Post-Reichenbach]
Alone
Darkness
Trust
Hate
221B (The End)
SHERLOCK - [WattyAwards2013]
Introduction
What Will Interest You?
To the Hospital
The Art of Deduction
A Nemesis
John Reveals the Story
In Serbia
The Shady Woman
Breaking Concrete
The Encounter of Seth Mullen
On the Run
Mullen Talks to Watson
The Rescue
A Message for Sherlock Holmes (The End)
SHERLOCK II - [WattyAwards2013]
Summary
Prologue
To the Collie
The Appointment
The Duchess
Colour Codes
Into the Night
The Final Triangle
The Morning Kiss
Unfinished Equations
Sherlock's Fragments
For the World to See
Last Moments Before Hell
The Text
Open Abduction
Invitation from the Enemy
Second Injection?
The Detective versus The Criminal
Sherlock Holmes, the Great Detective
First Deduction
Before Seven
Second Deduction
No One Will Even Care
No Need for Deduction
The Third and Last Deduction
Case Closed (The End)
SHERLOCK III - [WattyAwards2013]
Summary
Preface
So it Begins
From or From?
Always Something Else
United
Sit Down, John, I Have a Story
Ghost Criminal
Evangeline D' Nour
New Location
Saying Goodbye
Catch. You. Later
Pawns and Players
"I Will Give You Anything"
The Board
Locked In
Last Phone Call
The Game is On
Building the Charges
A Fallen Friend
The French Prison
The Legend Lives (The End)
Vote for SHERLOCK today!
SHERLOCK IV - [nanowrimo winner] - The Flatmate
prologue
tragic night
locked files
tag, you're it
secrets
the voice message
send the doctor home
following orders
simon chesterfield
the attack
the girl
unravelling plans
aceyla marinca
the shoelace
hostages
real secrets
dead ends
headlights
the flatmate
the corridor
still breathing
a villian's return
freedom
game plan
alive
escaping the hospital
elevator shaft
simon's place
westminster
baker street bound
all is well
the hybrids (the end)
Join the Growing SHERLOCK fan website!

Loss

37.4K 651 82
By EKShortstories

"But you went away. How dare you? I miss you. They say I'll be okay, but I'm not going to." - Miranda Lambert

Have you ever relived one moment of your life, word for word. And each time it was as if it was happening for the first time. You must have one moment. And if you don't, perhaps you're not old enough or life hasn't hit you yet. But I have a moment, and it haunts me every day and every night.

Every morning, when I wake up in the Baker Street apartment, I expect to hear the detective conducting some experiment in the kitchen. But I don't. I only hear the sound of my beating heart pounding after a vivid memory in the form of a nightmare. Visual segments of him standing on the roof, his hand stretched out to stop me from advancing, still plays clearly in my head. I can still hear his shaking voice -- his crying voice -- as he leaves me his final words. Then, I soon hear my own voice, screaming his name. And I wake up, shaking.

I can try to explain how much it hurts to lose a friend-- but it won't make any sense to you if you haven't experienced it yourself. My therapist nods her head and tells me to write about it, but what does she know? The closest thing she's ever lost is her childhood cat-- she won't understand my loss. Of course, I'm a soldier. I've seen death. I've smelled death. What makes the loss of the detective different from the wounded? In the simpliest words, he was my best mate. There was no, and is no, man higher than Sherlock Holmes. 

I've deleted my old blog -- the one I started when I first started working with Sherlock. I first thought that I shouldn't, but it's only a haunting memory of things that were and will never be again. But, as you can see, I started a new one. God, I'm reading this as I type -- I wonder if there's anyone else who cares as deeply as I do for Sherlock? I know Mrs. Hudson mentions his name a couple of times when she finds a missing article of his clothing, or severed appendages in the icebox, but other than that, I think she knows it hurts me to talk about him.

Molly Hooper doesn't talk to me much about Sherlock, and when she does, I get the impression that she doesn't want me speak about him, especially when I ask if there was anyway to save him. Lestrade and the others act as if he'd never existed. They don't hire me for any cases, and even if I offer my services, they politely decline or suggest a more mild position in the forces. Though, I badly want a case. Sherlock would take on a case to distract himself from boredom, I simply need a case to distract myself from him. 

I suppose what I want the most is a solid ending to our friendship. He left so abruptly with many unanswered questions that I feel unsatisfied, angry, and hopeless. And I know I can't live each day with this disposition, but Sherlock gave me this piece I never knew I had until I watched him die. Oh God, it happened so fast. So fast. Did he not stop to think how it would effect others? But what can I say? He was always a selfish sod. 

To close this entry, I can firmly conclude that I still believe in Sherlock. And that somewhere, either in this world or the other, he's alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

906K 33.3K 103
Sherlock x Reader "Love is giving someone the power to destroy you... But trusting them not to." - Unknown You are John's baby sister, visiting him i...
1.7K 26 21
{SUMMARY: EDITED} Follow the exciting life of the consulting detective, Sherlock Holmes as him and his flatmate, John Watson, try to catch James Mori...
474 18 29
Lauraine Holmes lives the life many dream of. She's together with Sherlock Holmes, married in fact, her brother in law has all the power he could pos...
64 0 10
John and Sherlock are continuing their crime solving life but the return of Moriarty looms over them and when a case doesn't add up and their loved o...