𝐑𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧 ✓

By jaicyrae

Marco pulled a black iPhone from his pocket and clicked play. ❝𝗜 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝟵𝟭𝟭. 𝗠𝘆... More

𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
Notice
𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧 ✓
Thank You <3
𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

56.4K 1K 644
By jaicyrae

RopeBurn

"Johnny don't leave me, you said you'd love me forever. "

Chapter One

"Bust your Kneecaps"

Elvira
———♥︎———

By Noon the Plane landed. With only three hours to spare before I was due in the police department. I spent two hours unloading and grabbing my luggage and thirty minutes sleeping in my hotel before I finally made my way down to the station.

I hadn't even reached the opening of the door before a Laurence began speaking to me. His hands moving rapidly throughout the air as he introduced us. "Dr. Valentina, this is Mr. Conti." My eyes searched the large room for some sort of coffee machine. I needed something to get my mind running.

Please have a coffee machine.

"Buongiorno." Mr. Conti said to me and held a hand out for me to shake. His curls were still wet indicating he had only recently left the shower. His Italian accent was thick and the dark blue shirt he wore went well with his darker complexion. He was handsome and perhaps if I didn't have a job to do I'd jump on him like a rabbit in heat.
(Goodmorning)

"Laurence, kindly explain to Mr. Conti that I don't speak Italian. Then, you could ask him where I can get some coffee." I told him, shaking the mans hand with much hesitance. God his hands were so warm..

Focus Elvira.

"You don't speak italian? Why were you hired here?" His eyebrow raised showing a sudden peak of interest, though he was ignoring the most important part. The coffee.

Laurence however slipped off, and I could only assume to get me coffee.

God I hope it was to get me coffee.

"With all due respect sir, I was hired because I'm the only Forensic Anthropologist that was willing to come all the way to italy for this investigation. I don't need to know Italian to identify human remains." I put on my coat and slipped on my gloves before going to the table.

On the table laid a human skeleton, most likely it had been dead for two years. I could already see the damage done to the bones. "Have you done facial reconstruction?" I called out to Laurence.

"No, I was hoping you would. You always were such an amazing artist." Mr. Conti fell silent and watched me, his eyes starring daggers into my back.

Laurence handed me the coffee which I gracefully took and sipped. "It's hot" he warned. Though I took no heed to his warnings. A burnt tongue was well worth the caffeine hitting my system.

"You're so kind, Laurence." A grumble escaped my lips and I sat the coffee aside after a few sips. "cause of death?" Of course he'd leave me to have to do the sketches. He was smart as can be but he never did the sketches.

"Based on the hole in the head I'd say it was a bullet wound, though the ribs have fractures here and here.. and the head sustained a lot of damage before death. The kneecaps were busted too." he pointed to the places on the skeleton as he spoke. Each bone seemed to have a marking on it. Whatever happened to this person was cruel.

"Merda, questa era la mafia." Conti spoke, and I turned my body to face his. I couldn't tell you a word that he said but I knew it sounded like heaven.
(Shit, this was the mafia)

"what?"

"The Mafia, the kneecaps it's their thing." he explained, though the thought of a mafia and some sort of obsession with kneecaps didn't sound too pleasant

Hell, anything that was in the same sentence as 'kneecaps' never turned out to be pleasant.

"Mafia? If you know who did it then why are we here? I have jobs to apply to, a doctorate to finish why-"

"Laurence." I interrupted

"Yes, Dr. Valentina?"

"Shut up."

———♥︎———

It took me hours to observe the bones. Each crack needed to be noted as a possible injury.

With the time it took the analyze the skull to having to put on face markers on it.. it seemed like years before I could sketch out the possibilities.

The boy was from Italy. He worked hard, his body showed that over the years he had broken multiple bones. His estimate age was late twenties to early thirties. Yet in the end that was all I had. Possible age, race, that he was a hard worker, and that he was deceased.

That and the mafia. That this man was a target.
Emphasis on the was.

What I couldn't understand was why they targeted the knees. Out of two hundred and six bones they chose two of the oddest ones.

"Have you ID him yet, Tesoro?" I turned to see Mr. Conti holding a brown paper bag and some sort of drink in his hand. He looked more worn out since the last time I had seen him. Possibly from his job, possibly from waiting.
(It means darling, though it translates to 'treasure')

"No, and please refer to me as Elvira, or Dr. Valentina." I handed him the sketches I drew and in exchange he gave me the paper bag and drink. "What is this?" Inside the bag was some sort of sandwich wrapped in foils.

"It's a Panino al Prosciutto, and sweet tea. Laurence said to get you food or you take longer."

Thank you Laurence.

You may never do work in the office but at least you know how to keep me working.

"How do you say 'thank you' in Italian?" I asked, and pulled out the sandwich that he gave me. When I didn't get an answer I turned to Conti to see the color that usually flooded his face had all drained away. "What?"

"This is Enzo Domenico.. Porca vacca!"
( Means 'Miserable pig" though it is meant as "Dammit!)

"I've already told you, Mr. Conti I cannot understand nor speak Italian." I said, taking a large bite of my whatever he called it.

The meat was warm, and filled my mouth with nothing but sensational heaven. The cheese only added to its flavor. I didn't know what it was, but it was something that I wanted more of.

"He was a cop, we figured he was dead after he disappeared but.. He was just a kid. Porca Vacca!" the lines of his forehead all creased together, and I was half tempted to smooth them out myself. Though I refrained and instead took another bite of my sandwich.

"Well if that's all I think I'll return to my hotel and call it a night. Have fun with your mafia kneecap lovers and the uh.. pork vacuum?" I said through my full mouth, and then began to walk away from him.

I dropped my sandwich when his hand wrapped around my wrist and tugged me back. If I was wearing heels I most definitely would have fallen to the ground.

"Actually Tesoro, you're going to stay and help with this case. That was what you were sent here to do." I hadn't seen him look so serious before. Honestly if he wasn't a man in a stupid looking pineapple shirt I might've actually have been scared of him.
(Darling)

"Firstly, my name is Dr.Valentina. I do not know who or what tesoro is. secondly you're buying me another sandwich and thirdly if you wish to keep those balls hanging from you intact you will never grab me again." I tore my hand away from him and looked down at my now splattered sandwich all over the floor.

"It's a nickname it means-"

"Do not grab women without warning us. Don't you have any common sense?" I interrupted without missing a beat.

"It was the spur of a moment thing. It won't happen again." he smoothed out his coat and placed his hand in his pockets.

"I'll help you with the case, of course. However I need sleep, and I need food. I'm not a robot." I picked up my sandwich and tossed it into the trash. There was no point in eating it now, not after it had been on the floor of a morgue.

"Is there anything else I can get you? Perhaps you should let me drive you home. It will be danger for you to walk around now that you're involved." Once again I received the serious look. With both brows drawn towards his nose and the creases on his forehead forming swiggly lines.

"No thank you. I've got a black belt, and extensive self defense training. I can assure you that I am very capable of protecting myself." I left the lab without another word and headed towards my hotel.

And although I had assured him I would be fine, I couldn't help but feel as though I was so far from being right.

It seemed like every turn I took someone was following me. Every street I crossed eyes followed.

Yet every time I looked around me there was no one there, no one that stuck out of the crowd at least.

You're an attractive woman in a foreign country Elvira, it's natural to feel watched. I assured myself, but part of me knew It was far from a feeling.

———♥︎———
Song: Bust your kneecaps
Not Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 3.3K 30
Alessandro Morino. The third son to Don Dominaco. Being raised in this life isn't easy nor is it for the weak. For him it's perfect because a natural...
1.3K 36 12
WARNING: Rated Mature for Sexual content, Language, Violence and Drug use. **Long Chapters** Two weeks. Two years. Who cares?" A lesson in love, c...
2K 63 23
(Book 1 of His Mafia series) My lover, Stefano. I was so captivated by his love and lust I let the most obvious details slip through the cracks. I b...
1.2M 25.5K 45
"Stand up.", he said to me. "What?", I asked confused. "STAND UP.", he ordered slightly aggressive. I quickly got up from the bed and stood in front...