THE NEW HEAVEN AND EARTH | RO...

By firstlovenever_die

๐‘๐„๐•๐„๐‹๐€๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ:๐Ÿ’ "๐š๐ง๐ ๐†๐จ๐ ๐ฌ๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฉ๐ž ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๏ฟฝ... More

A MESSAGE
1. HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY
2. SAINT-LIKE
3. CONFOUNDED
4. NOT TOO LATE
5. THE BRIGHEST STAR
6. REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK
7. BOTTOMS UP
8. IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE
9. COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS
10. BROKEN PROMISES
11. HAUNTED
12. SHE WAS A FOOL
13. YOU CAN SMILE NOW
14. POTTERDALIS WATCH
15. EVEN IF IT KILLED THEM
16. SHELL COTTAGE
17. BREAKING THE BANK
18. BLACK AND POTTER
19. WELCOME BACK
20. WISH COME TRUE
21. WE'LL WIN THIS
22. ONE HOUR
23. BEAUTIFUL AND BOLD
24. YOUR REASONS
25. MASTER OF DEATH
26. MEUS AMOR, MEA CAUSA
epilogue
1999
give me your hand
song for baby-o, unborn
2004
2007-2008
travel
2017
the final act
a last message

2001

1.2K 50 85
By firstlovenever_die

SUNDAY 18th of MARCH, 2001

"Hermione, no– you-you're just taking loads of pictures, now."

"It's not my fault!"

"Look, let me just do it–"

Harry had taken over from behind the camera, replacing a grumpy Hermione, who had reluctantly stepped to one side now. She peered over his shoulder, trying to understand exactly where she went wrong, while Harry told her off for hovering, which led to a whole other argument.

"Shouldn't you be with Ron?" Hermione muttered, glancing down at herself as she began to smooth out her dress.

It was a deep emerald colour, similar to the ones that they had seen Aurelia, Lily Potter and Marlene McKinnon wear in Ophelia and Sirius' wedding photos. It reached the floor, cascading effortlessly over Hermione's figure, as well as Lorelai, Ginny and Aurelia's, though each of their dresses had a slight difference. They were beautiful dresses, having been picked out by Hermione early last year, and Gene certainly approved.

"Shouldn't you be with Gene?" Harry countered.

They both shared a look of realisation before nodding at one another, instantly walking to separate ends of the cottage. Harry made his way to the very bottom of the garden, the path lined with small lanterns that led to the large arch in the very middle, draped with a soft fabric and fairy lights.

Ron stood beneath it, hands interlocked over his front, his skin paler than Harry had ever seen it. He wore a fitted black suit, complete with a white shirt and black tie and a few sprigs of lavender tucked into his breast pocket.

"Are you alright, Ron?" Harry asked warily, "You look like you're gonna be sick."

Ron glared at him, swallowing the lump in his throat as he began to tap his foot against the ground rhythmically, glancing around the garden as guests were taking their seats.

"I can't breathe, Harry." he said, wincing. "I'm so nervous, I feel like I'm at Quidditch tryouts again." Harry laughed at this.

"Bit more important than Quidditch tryouts, mate." he said pointedly, which earned him another glare from his best friend. "Relax. You're gonna be fine. What are you so worried about?"

At once, an entire row of chairs at the very back were instantly tipped over, falling and knocking against the next like a giant game of dominos. The small crowd of guests that had already taken their seats gasped, with some laughing and cooing at the culprits.

"Bloody hell." Ron murmured, making his way down the path to find them.

"Don't worry!" Lorelai winced, waving at Ron to assure him all was well. "I've got them!" she said.

"You're gonna be fine." Harry said again, clapping Ron on the back with a wink before making his way over to Lorelai. He checked his wristwatch once again. "Ready?" he asked her.

"Ready." she nodded.

She pressed a kiss to Draco's cheek as he went to take his seat near the front, sat beside Finn, watching as Lorelai rushed back into the cottage. She quickly dashed upstairs, knocking on the first door to the left, only to be met with silence, to her confusion.

Lorelai opened the door, revealing perhaps the most beautiful sight that she had seen in a long time. That, and three grown women crying around her. The only problem was that Lorelai quickly joined them, her eyes brimming with tears as she stepped further into the room, all four of them rendered utterly speechless.

Gene stood before a tall mirror, wearing her mothers old wedding dress, though it looked perfectly new on her. It was a cream-coloured gown with a high neck, long sleeves that travelled all the way to her hands, just reaching her knuckles, where you could still see the emerald engagement ring on the fourth finger of her left hand. Its voluminous tulle skirt was decorated with lace, as well as intricate beading across the entire fabric.

Her veil hadn't been placed over her face yet, so Lorelai could make out the tears that had formed in Gene's own eyes, threatening to smudge her makeup that Lorelai had done earlier that day.

"Well?" Gene said, her voice wavering as she mustered a smile, "What do you think?"

At this, Aurelia immediately burst into tears again, crying against Hermione's shoulder as they all began to laugh, sniffling back their tears as they all comforted one another.

Gene had no idea just how emotional a wedding could have gotten: she had shed a few tears at Aurelia's, of course, but her emotions seemed to have heightened when it came to her own.

Ginny handed Gene the bouquet of white magnolia flowers, picked by Mrs. Weasley early that morning with much consideration, tied around the stems with a strip of white ribbon.

Lorelai and Ginny headed downstairs first, with the latter holding Gene's hand as they led her downstairs very carefully. Aurelia's arm was looped with hers to keep her balanced while Hermione trailed behind them, lifting the train of her dress and veil so that she didn't trip.

"You look so beautiful, Gene." Hermione pressed a kiss to her cheek, lifting her hand to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

Gene gave her a grateful nod, swallowing thickly as she felt her eyes begin to well with tears, the music beginning to play softly. It was the song they danced to for the first time, at Bill and Fleur's wedding.

She watched as Teddy escaped Andromeda's hold and ran over to her, his tiny arms wrapping around Gene's dress and almost being swallowed whole by the billowing fabric. Gene laughed fondly, bending to press a kiss to his head as she returned the hug tightly.

Aurelia went to let go of Gene now, as tight as she had been holding her hand, because she was nervous and she still felt like she couldn't do anything without Aurelia, not even marriage. She gave her a look of assurance, nodding once before walking out into the garden, arm-in-arm with Andromeda.

Gene exhaled, pressing another kiss to Teddy's crown before standing up straight, taking his hand in hers and squeezing tight. He did the same, whether it was accidentally or consciously, but it made Gene smile all the same.

Then, hand-in-hand, they began to walk down the aisle, with Teddy shying away, pressing himself further against Gene's side as the crowd began to coo and awe at the sight of them together. She saw Harry, Aurelia and Andromeda all crying very clearly, making no attempt whatsoever to hide the fact, and it took all of Gene's strength to swallow her own.

Lupin walked her down the aisle, after all.

Her nerves began to ebb away, though she did feel a tear slip past her eye as she looked at Ron stood beneath the arch, decorated with fairy lights that seemed to make his eyes glow brighter somehow, and she was at ease.

She walked toward him, her smile ever so prominent on her painted lips, even beneath the hazy shield of her veil, decorated with tiny pearls that sparkled under the spring sun. He smiled at Teddy who seemed to be enjoying the walk at this point, finding that the end was finally in sight.

Gene's grip on her bouquet became looser, her chest rising and falling slower as she was suddenly five steps from him; then four, and three felt like it was too far, before it was two steps until she finally stood before him.

She crouched to the ground to kiss Teddy on the cheek, only for him to beat her to it, to everyones surprise. She laughed, feeling herself begin to cry once more before returning the kiss to his cheek, and he quickly ran to his grandmother.

She looked for Aurelia's face in the crowd, as easy as it was to find her, as she sat at the very front row next to one empty seat, marking Cordelia Fiordalis. On her other side were two empty seats, each marked with Ophelia and Sirius' name, followed by Remus and Nymphadora Tonks. Beside them, were another two empty seats, reading Lily and James Potter, where Harry sat with Ginny.

Gene looked out onto the small crowd of guests that had taken time out of their days to come to her wedding. There were all of the Weasleys, of course, along with Luna, Neville, Seamus and Dean, and then there was Professor McGonagall in the row behind Aurelia, who sat beside Andromeda, with Teddy in her lap.

She didn't have time to smile at everyone else that attended, as Eddie had already begun to speak as their officiant, though Gene could hardly concentrate. She was too busy staring at Ron, who seemed to be just as lost in her eyes as she had been.

In an instant, she began to worry that neither had been listening, finding that really, it was only her who hadn't been, because Ron's brows were firmly furrowed as he nodded at Eddie's words. Only when Fred nudged her gently in the side as she came to, had she realised that they had already gotten to the end of the service, and she was too distracted by her boyfriend to realise.

Fiancé, she corrected herself, as Eddie continued. Soon to be husband, she corrected herself a second time. She wasn't very good at this already.

"Ronald Weasley and Genevieve Fiordalis, no one but you can declare yourselves married. You have begun it here today in speaking your vows before your family and friends and you will do it again in the days and years to come, standing by each other, sharing all that is sweet and bitter in life. Each tender act, each loving word will be the declaration of what was made here today."

Eddie spoke as they finally turned to one another again, Gene and Ron's grins only growing as they took one another's hand. The presence of the new ring on her fourth finger was a grounding one, one that left only the warmest of feelings in her chest, right where her heart rested.

"Therefore, it is my joyful responsibility to officially acknowledge your union as 'Husband and Wife'. You may now seal your marriage with a kiss." Eddie smiled.

They had both leant in so quickly that their noses and chins bumped together, making them both laugh mid-kiss, though neither pulled away, not even for a second. Gene's arms circled his neck, her fingers running through the hair at the nape of his neck as she drew him closer, unable to stop smiling.

Then, just as they pulled apart, they heard the flash of the camera go off, causing the entire crowd to burst into laughter, Gene and Ron included.

"I told you, Harry!"

"You messed it up, 'Mione! It was perfectly fine until you–"

"Oh, please! You can shove that camera right up your–"

"Watch it, Granger!"

Gene looked at Ron as she laughed so hard that tears threatened to spill, though they were happy tears. She couldn't quite remember the last time she had felt as happy as this, or a time where the tears that she shed were ever anything but sad ones.

Ron was already watching her, his own eyes glassy with tears, and she liked to think that they were happy tears too, just like hers. And they were. His thumb grazed her cheek, wiping away a stray tear before cupping her face in his hand.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my privilege to present to you for the very first time as husband and wife, Ron and Gene Black-Weasley."

The crowd roared with applause and cheers, all stood to their feet as they clapped for the newly-weds. Ron raised his hand that held Gene's high in the air, with his brothers and sister and Harry egging him on.

"Mama!"

Gene thought she couldn't have been happier, until she heard the sound of her son calling for her, sat at the front row in Aurelia's lap. She gathered the front of her dress quickly in one hand, leading Ron over as they watched the twins' eyes light up with their parents presence.

"I'll take Reggie." Ron said with a smile.

"I've got Sirius." Gene returned it.

It wasn't until Gene had twins of her own that she realised just how easy it was to mistake them for one another.

On the 4th of April 2000, at 3:33am, Gene gave birth to Sirius Orion Black-Weasley, with Regulus Arcturus Black-Weasley following, at 3:34am. At around five in the morning, Regulus opened his eyes first, after only being able to fall asleep in Ron's arms.

They discovered that he had inherited his fathers eyes, which had resulted in Ron crying at the mere sight. He had tawny brown hair, to both of their surprise, as they had expected him to come out with Gene's black hair.

Sirius had surprised them a little less, however. He bore Gene's black hair, sporting tiny curls atop his head which had been one of the most pleasant sights Gene had ever seen. Both children took on their fathers freckles, only Regulus had inherited Gene's poor sleeping habits, while Sirius took after Ron, in that case.

When he opened his eyes at around eight later that morning, (when he did get to sleep, he was an extremely heavy sleeper), neither Gene nor Ron were surprised even in the slightest to find that he took on his grandfathers eyes– Gene's eyes.

It was safe to say that neither party had left the hospital that day with dry eyes.

Becoming a mother seemed to only worsen Gene's tendency to be extremely emotional, as even the slightest things would set her off. Regulus sneezed the other day and Gene burst into tears, which only made him upset and soon, everyone began to cry.

The day that Fred and George met the twins might have been the most important day ever to Gene. Nothing had made her heart swell quite as much as the sight of the twins holding her twins, even their eyes glistening with a few tears as they cradled them with the most care and gentleness that she had ever witnessed.

Of course, Aurelia's reaction was one that couldn't be missed. She was just as emotional as Gene was, so the footage from that evening was certainly a keeper. Then Molly and Arthur, who cherished their grandsons with everything they had in them, spoiling them absolutely rotten, regardless of the day.

Harry and Hermione's reactions were just as heartwarming as Gene and Ron could have ever expected. Gene could have sworn that Harry had started to cry when she named him Sirius' godfather, figuring that she should have returned the favour. Hermione was named Regulus' godmother upon Ron's request of her, which she obviously accepted.

In the evening, as the reception went on late into the night, the guests all remained, drinking and eating and dancing, and everything in between as they celebrated Gene and Ron on the anniversary of her parents' own wedding. It was very important to Gene for the wedding to have taken place on this day in particular, and for Ron too. He wanted to do right by Gene and his in-laws, even if they couldn't be there on their special day.

"Ladies–!" Fred began, his voice booming across the garden.

"– and gentlemen!" George finished as the guests all turned their attention to the twins. "A big hand, please, as we welcome the happy couple onto the dance floor–"

"– for their first dance together as husband and wife!" Fred said before clapping loudly, with everyone else joining in.

Gene's eyes widened. The thought of a first dance at her own wedding had somehow completely gone over her head. She swallowed hard, watching as Ron's lips quirked into a small smile, extending his hand and she had no choice but to take it.

Ron lead her across to the very centre of the garden where a circle of guests had formed around them, all smiling on at the sight as Gene did her very best to stay calm.

"I'm gonna kill you, Weasley." Gene murmured as he pulled her close to his chest, and they began to sway in time with the soft guitar that played.

"You thought you could get out of our first dance?" he asked, "On our wedding day?"

Gene could hear the smile in his voice and she rolled her eyes as she rested her chin against his shoulder, her right arm coming around his back while the other held his hand firmly in her own, as though he might have disappeared if she let go.

"I thought you loved me enough to not make me dance on our wedding day." she murmured as she pressed a kiss to his neck, and he laughed softly.

"I love you plenty, Gene." Ron said, smiling against her cheek before leaving a kiss there.

Gene laughed. "You're a sap, Ron Weasley." she mused, lifting her head to look him in the eyes, finding that they seemed to glimmer under the candlelight.

Ron hummed in response, his smile unwavering and he did not argue the fact.

Soon after they had all danced enough to last them a lifetime, Gene made her way towards McGonagall, who had eagerly gestured her over. She sat down with a smile, watching as McGonagall's only grew at the sight of her and she patted her knee warmly.

"Just the girl I was looking for." McGonagall said, at which Gene raised an eyebrow curiously, "I have a proposition for you, Genevieve."

"Really?" she asked, mildly surprised. "What is it?"

"I'd like you to come back to Hogwarts."

Gene choked on her glass of wine, spluttering as McGonagall tutted at her, though she went to pat her hard on the back to help her catch her breath.

"What?" Gene asked, when she finally recovered.

"I'd like you to come back to–"

"I know what you said, Professor." Gene cut her off. "I mean, what for? Why me?"

"Well, Gene," she began, "I am in need of a new Professor of Transfiguration. Of course, you were the first to come to mind, though Albus did suggest it to me long ago."

Gene's heart ached, her eyes glazing over as she was very nearly reduced to tears.

"Oh, Professor–" she began, teary-eyed.

"You don't have to call me Professor anymore, you know?" McGonagall raised an eyebrow at her, taking her hand and squeezing tightly.

"I know." Gene smiled faintly. She would anyways because it brought her great comfort.

"So? What do you say, Gene?" McGonagall asked.

"She says yes." Ron suddenly spoke from behind her.

Gene's eyes widened as she looked up, finding him smiling down at her.

"Brilliant!" McGonagall looked positively elated.

"Hang on–" Gene's began, her brows furrowed as she watched Ron offer a hand out to McGonagall, who took it without a second to waste.

"Terribly sorry, Genevieve, but questions will have to wait."

McGonagall said as she rose to her feet, allowing Ron to lead her toward the centre of the dance floor, as he winked at her over his shoulder.

Gene had no choice but to smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 497 49
As Astoria Greengrass returns for her final year at Hogwarts, she realises that the dark magic did not die alongside Voldemort. Forces still wish to...
10.9K 211 18
It was a classic love story between Lily Evans and James Potter. They met, eventually fell in love, got married and came to have two beautiful little...
24.9K 1K 15
๐‘๐„๐•๐„๐‹๐€๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ:๐Ÿ” "๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฌ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ง, ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก...
2.1K 23 12
Things have gone from bad to worse for Harry and Olivia Potter. Last year, mysteriously entered into the Triwizard Tournament, fighting for their liv...