Re:Zero - Emotion of Pain

By Lixon99

You, Y/n, are a very special person. Perhaps that's one of the reasons you have been dragged along the way. Y... More

Chapter 1 - The Start Of The End Part 1
Chapter 2 - The Start Of The End Part 2
Chapter 3 - The Negotiation
Chapter 4 - Fight Of Flame And Blood
Chapter 5 - Lost Memory
Chapter 6 - The Right Path Part 1
Chapter 7 - The Right Path Part 2
Chapter 8 - The Fear of Death
Chapter 9 - Hero To The Rescue!
Chapter 10 - Mansion Worker
Chapter 11 - Learning Magic
Chapter 12 - Trapped
Chapter 13 - Investigation
Chapter 14 - The Chain Of Death
Chapter 15 - Starting Over Again Part 1
Chapter 16 - Starting Over Again Part 2
Chapter 17 - Rem Suspicion
Chapter 18 - Subaru's Lie
Chapter 19 - Sneaking Out
Chapter 20 - Mabeasts Attack
Chapter 21 - Rescuing Rem
Chapter 22 - Finding Rem
Chapter 23 - End of the Rescue
Chapter 24 - Smile
Chapter 25 - Return to Start Point
Chapter 26 - The Royal Meeting Part 1
Chapter 27 - The Royale Meeting Part 2
Chapter 28 - Conflicts
Chapter 29 - Awaken
Chapter 30 - The Light Blade
Chapter 31 - Return
Chapter 33 - The Arrival
Notification

Chapter 32 - The Preparation

3.3K 86 48
By Lixon99

(Third Person Pov)

Inside the room, Crusch, Felix, and Wilhelm was inside a room along with Subaru, Rem, and Y/n. When he came to the mansion, a ruckus occurred almost instantly if it weren't for Crusch to take care of them to be quiet about this.

Crusch: "What?"

Subaru: "Okay, I'll say it again. An alliance between the Emilia and Crusch camps, on equal terms. For this purpose, I'll provide the time and location of the White Whale's next appearance. That's the one card I can play."

Flashback

Back when they were still in the old building after Rem and Y/n had helped Subaru with his mental health.

Rem: "The Witch's Cult?"

Subaru: "Yeah, they're on the move and after Emilia."

Rem: "Rosawaal-sama feared that might happen, as well."

Subaru: "I want to stop them, but I don't have the fighting strength. I have to start negotiating now to pull some together. Will you two help me?"

Letting out a smile, they both nodded.

Flashback ended

Wilhelm: "The White Whale?"

An intimidating aura surrounds Wilhelm, making Subaru, Rem and Y/n nervous by just being close to it. It took a while before he released the aura and let out a sigh before bowing his upper-torso down to them.

Wilhelm: "Please forgive my indiscretion. I suppose I still have much to learn."

Crusch: "And? It is rather sudden that you would bring up the White Whale."

Subaru: "Not at all. When we began this negotiation, I mentioned the magic stones found in Rosawaal's domain, in Elior Forest. If sharing the mining rights is insufficient, I need to offer something additional."

She moved her head and looked at Y/n who stood beside Subaru.

Y/n: 'Why are you staring at me?'

Subaru: "Crusch-san, I'm certain that my information will aid in your plan to subjugate the White Whale."

She turned her attention back to Subaru when he was finished.

Crusch: "Let me ask one thing, Natsuki Subaru. What gave you that idea? That remark was not one you might pass off as a baseless accusation."

Subaru: "For these past few days, some things have bothered me. First, the increase in traffic to and from your mansion. It's been just a bit excessive. Also, in the capital, I heard you've been purchasing weapons and armor. Plus... You appeared to be planning something big. Of course, I can't prove it. Maybe I only made the connection because I know the White Whale will soon be appearing."

Crusch: "I have another question, Natsuki Subaru. On what grounds do you know that the White Whale will appear?"

Putting his mobile phone on the table made Y/n somewhat shocked at his idea. He seemed to have changed so much in only a span of a few days!

Subaru: "This."

Crusch: "What in the world is this?"

While they were observing his phone, Subaru remembered the first time he met the whale and how he managed to see what time it was on his phone.

Subaru: "It's what you'd call a metia. It tells me when and where the White Whale will appear."

Crusch: "I feel this a bit hard to believe... But I see that you are not lying."

Subaru: "I appreciate that, but are you sure you want to believe me so easily?"

Felix: "Lies will get you nyowhere with Crusch-sama. She has the divine protection of wind-reading!"

Subaru: "Uh, say what?"

Crusch: "When a person lies, a telling wind blows around them. I can see that wind. You did not have that."

Y/n: 'What a scary ability to have. She would be hard to deal with if one were in wrong.'

Subaru: "Does that mean you'll agree to an alliance in exchange for my information on the White Whale?"

Crusch: "You're getting ahead of yourself, Natsuki Subaru. Whether I agree to it, and whether I believe you are separate matters. My decision will determine the outcome of the royal selection, if not the kingdom's very future. It cannot be made lightly."

Suddenly another childish- and feminine-like voice was heard behind the door.

Anastasia: "Mind if I listen in on this li'l chat, too?"

Russell: "Pardon us."

Crusch: "Anastasia Hosin... Russell Fellow?"

The purple-haired girl named Anastasia waved her hand with a close-eyed smile. A blond-haired man stood beside her.

Anastasia: "Well, y'all asked us to come, and here you are, startin' without us. That's hardly fair. Let us in on this."

Crusch: "Was it Natsuki Subaru who asked you to come here?"

Anastasia: "Well, to be exact, it was this gal he keeps with him and the other boy who ran away. I only heard the gist, but if you're really plannin' to subjugate the White Whale, I look forward to it! For us business folk, whether the White Whale's around is a life-or-death matter. Of course, our mercenary team will help y'all."

Russell: "In addition to the White Whale, I'm interested in the concession that Natsuki-dono proposed of mining rights to the magic stones. If the alliance is formed, magic stones from pristine veins will be distributed to the capital through Crusch-sama. As the merchant guild's representative, I cannot let the offer go unheard."

Crusch: "Natsuki Subaru called you, as well?"

He let out a nod to confirm her question.

Subaru: "I'll say it once more. What I offer in return for the alliance is a share in the magic stone mining rights and information on when and where the White Whale will appear. In other words, the fuel needed to subjugate the mabeast that's terrorized the world for so long!"

A silence came by as Crusch didn't say anything and only glanced at either Subaru or Y/n from times to times.

Subaru: "If what I say makes no sense to you, forget I said it. But if your goal and my wish align, then let's defeat the White Whale. Let's go on a hunt!"

Extending his hand to her, he remembered how the situation ended the last time he tried so. Letting out a gulp, a sweat formed on his face. Crusch let out a heavy sigh and closed her eyes.

Crusch: "I have several questions, but it was brilliant of you to expose my plans."

Subaru: "Then..."

Crusch: "I have questions, as well as doubts. Many things you say are unclear to me, so I have difficulty agreeing immediately. However... I shall choose to trust your eye and the spirit that led you to create this situation."

She accepted his hand with a smile as Y/n's face brightened with happiness and relief. Subaru's first step to becoming a hero has only just begun!

Russell: "Then the deal is struck."

After that, he fell backward to the chair with a long sigh of relief. The deal was over, and it was a success!

Russell: "There were a few touch-and-go moments, but I'm glad it worked out, Natsuki-dono. I trust the promise we made prior to the negotiation still stands."

Subaru: "Yeah, you were a big help, Russell-san. Once the subjugation is complete, I'll give you the metia."

Crusch: "So you did lay some groundwork before coming here. And you were waiting outside the door for your moment to enter?"

Anastasia: "But it was up to us when we interrupted. Well, as far as negotiations go, I guess that just passes?"

Subaru: "Took you long enough! I thought you were never gonna enter!"

Anastasia: "When negotiatin', there's always a time to make your move. Well, as you're gettin' ready for the subjugation and such, don't forget to patronize the Hoshin Company."

She said and left the place.

Crusch: "You paved the way before negotiations began? You are surprisingly shrewd, Natsuki Subaru."

Subaru: "My preparations and review paid off, that's all. To be honest, I couldn't be more relieved."

Felix: "Well, that's plain to see."

All of them laughed at his comment.

Subaru: "We managed to save face for staying in the capital. Right, Rem, Y/n?"

Rem: "Yes, you are truly wonderful, Subaru-kun."

Y/n: "You did a great job there, I didn't expect you to be so prepared."

Wilhelm: "Subaru-dono..."

Turning his attention from them to Wilhelm, Subaru could see him half-bowing down to him.

Wilhelm: "I thank you."

This left Subaru, Rem, and Y/n in shock by his word and action.

Subaru: "Huh?"

Wilhelm: "I offer you gratitude equal to that which I offer to my lady, Duchess Crusch Karsten."

Subaru: "E-Er, that's um..."

Wilhelm: "As perceptive as you are, I am sure you're aware, but if I may introduce myself... My family name is Astrea. I took the previous Master Swordsman, Theresia van Astrea, as my wife, giving me the honor of the bloodline's lowest seat. That is who I, Wilhelm van Astrea, am. I thank you for so kindly granting this old man the opportunity to slay the loathsome mabeast that took my wife."

Subaru quickly stood with a nervous expression as he stuttered through some words.

Subaru: "S-Sure! Of course I knew that! I figured Crusch-san would accept my offer, keeping that in mind-"

Crusch: "Natsuki Subaru..."

Y/n: "Subaru..."

Y/n/Crusch: "I can see that you're lying/ The wind of untruth is blowing from you."

Both of them said in synch. Y/n with a deadpanned expression as he smacked himself from his friend's ability to embarrass himself right after making himself look reliable.

***

It was nighttime, and it was outside as a cold wind blew throughout the area they were in. Outside of the mansion, a bunch of carriages and people swarmed the area. Y/n was walking around with Rem until they reached to an area where no one could hear them.

Y/n: "...Hey Rem?"

He asked nervously as he turned behind to look at Rem with a tint of blush on his cheek. Rem smiled at him.

Rem: "Yes? What is it, Y/n-kun?"

Y/n: "Umm... Earlier today, did you really mean that you like me?"

Closing her eyes, Rem answered him without any hesitation in her voice at all.

Rem: "Of course, I love you, Y/n-kun."

Y/n: "But why me? It isn't like I did something big to win you over or something... I don't understand."

Scratching his cheek with one of his fingers, he looked nervous as he avoided her gaze as he didn't want her to see his face.

Rem: "Y/n-kun. If there were a list of why Ihy I love you, I wouldn't be able to write it down in my lifetime. You are a kind, hard-working person who would help people in need and would always put others before yourself. Even if they are sometimes stranger. That trait is what I really admire you about."

Y/n: "There must be more than that, right? That reason can't be enough for you to fall in love with me so suddenly."

Rem: "You have saved me even though you said that it was your fault; even though it wasn't. You have started my time as of that moment, I found the reason to why I should try to be a better person and who I want to live for. And that person is you, Y/n-kun."

With an angelic smile and her kind words, Y/n face became even redder than before. He hides himself by kneeling down and covering his face with his arms and legs. Rem chuckled at the sight of his action and bent down to pat his head gently.

Rem: "Ever since that day, I have wanted to be with you, Y/n-kun. Do you feel the same for me as I do to you?"

Y/n: "...I"

He muttered lowly under his arms, making it hard for a person to hear him.

Rem: "Sorry, but I couldn't hear you. Can you repeat what you said, Y/n-kun?"

He forced himself out and looked at Rem with a red face. Forcing himself and his courage, he whispered with a nervous voice.

Y/n: "I-I love you too, Rem..."

Smiling at that the person with whom she fell in love accepted her confession, she pulled him to her and kissed his forehead.

Rem: "Thank you very much... I'm so happy..."

Y/n could feel something warm touching him. Then he realizes that it was her tears of joy. Smiling, he went to hug her back as they were in this position for a while before they headed back to the group.

***

Wordcounts: 2052

UwU

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 89 13
This story is probably a unique one. I won't spoil it until you guys decided to read it. LOL
75.3K 944 12
A re:zero male reader insert To begin with, no you are not an edgy prick like Sauske, nor are you an uchiha. You just get the power mysteriously. Sub...
153 4 5
"𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓰𝓸 𝔀𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓪𝓷 𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓮𝓻?" 𝓐𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓰𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵�...
9.5K 294 14
Natsuki Subaru has been trying to keep the existence of Return by Death a secret. However, after waking up and talking with Emilia after dying at the...