John Constantine and The Usel...

By PopTartKiddo

(I don't own Harry Potter nor Constantine, just the plot and occasional hand-drawn art) John Constantine- Exo... More

Great.
Where?
Findings
Pace
Lets play
Stranger Danger
Weirdos
Distrust
Fine.
Ghosts in My Attic, Demons in Your Basement
Synchroncity Wave Travel(or luck)
Edcuation
Residency of the Leaky Cauldron
Encounter
Student Loan Debt isnt Something to Look Forward to.
Diagon Alley Pt 1
Wand Troubles
Diagon Alley Pt 2
9 3/4? I dont get it.
Welcome, to Hogwarts!
Mornin
In Session
Airborne
One In A Million!
The House Feud
Dittany
Troll? In the Dungeons!
Don't be a hero
Aftermath
The Holidays
New Year, Same Old Feeling
Close Calls
Welcome Back
A Little Fun
Progress
Midnight Exploits
Detention
Knowing
Numbered Days
The Game Is Afoot!
Trials For Those Prepared
Pawns
The Reveal
Recovery
And The Winner Is-
The Years End
Train Ride Confrontations
Home Sweet Hotel Room
Sleepless Nights and Endless Days Ahead.
⚠️⁉️ANNOUNCEMENT⁉️⚠️
Oh damn, August already?

Late Night Thoughts

3.2K 112 11
By PopTartKiddo

John shifted on the bed again, seemingly not able to become comfortable enough.

Tomorrow, Snape was gonna drop his ass off wherever all the other school kids go for transportation, like some over-glorified school bus.

But if John were to deal with Snape's shit and the potential brats that he'll come by-he required at least three or four hours.

Not that he hasn't ran on less.

He peered over to the bird he took 'home' a week ago, John still hasn't found a name for her.
Well none that felt right anyway.

And he didn't think the bare minimum name fluffy would do him or the owl any good.

With a frustrated sigh John mentally yelled a 'Screw You!' to the universe, fully expecting an answer mind you, and willed his eyes firmly shut.

————————————————

"So they had moved it after all?"

"Y-yes my lord...I-I ap-apologize for not taking faster action!-"
"-Quite you bubbling fool!"

The man quickly did as he was told, not daring to anger the other more.

"Hm.....the Stone has been moved... Dumbledore's doing no doubt....but where did they take it?"

The first man contemplated the question, even while it wasn't directed towards him.

While he wasn't the smartest man around, he certainly tired his hardest in what he did.

"Ah~ Headmaster, Headmaster....you didn't really keep it with you did you?"

The second voice, more cold and demanding than the first, had an epiphany.

"W-well sir....e-even if that f-fool didn't have the s-stone on hand personally-wouldn't he still know where?"
The first voice finally offered up.

The second voice considered the notion, indeed believing that it was worth the risk checking into each possibility.

"My loyal servant, you will make good use to me after all.....we shall use your profession to get close to knowing the stone's whereabouts. As much as it pains me to force us through the brats and inferiors before us-
Make way to the castle."

————————————————

A young boy sat down on his bed for the last time for a year.

After his family had no choice but to accept what he was, he was just excited to finally leave the place and explore his new path in life!

"HARRY! COME MAKE US AND YOUR COUSIN SUPPER!"

"Y-yes Aunt Petunia!"

He just wished tomorrow could come sooner...

————————————————

He turned

His feet couldn't move fast enough!

A figure stood still, so close yet somehow never in reach.

He tried harder, he had to!

His head was thrown back

He felt something twist beneath and around his legs, holding him tightly

NO!

HE COULDNT STOP NOW!
SHE NEEDED HIM!

HE COULDNT LET HER DOWN AGAIN!

He shot his arm forward, trying to grab the hand placed in front of him

His hands closed shut, gripping something underneath them

HE WASNT CLOSE ENOUGH!

COME ON!

COME ON!
PLEASE!

The figure was getting farther away, disappearing as she called out HIS name.

"JOHN!"

"-ASTRA!"

"................"

He found him lurched forwards, his arm out to grab something no longer there.......or maybe never was...
His breath uneven and his vision unfocused.

".....fuck me......."

His unnamed owl was panicking in her cage, unsure what had happened to him.

He felt uncomfortably hot, sweat dripping out his pours as his heart raced through his chest and pounded loudly in his head.

John took a moment before looking down to his tangled-up legs and slowly unravel them.

It had been a while....since he's had that dream....

John never forgot it though.
John never allowed himself to.

Yet every time it reared it's ugly head back around it still hurt the same.

John sat up fully, turning to let his freed legs hang over the bed's side.

He didn't need to know what time it was, John already knew he wasn't going back to sleep.

His form shook sadly as he picked himself up and over to the window, leaning against the framing.

He sighed in and out as deeply as he could with his uneven breathing.

Tapping drew his attention away, the bird was looking to him expectingly.

"What?"

"You want out or something?"

Yeah John, talk to her like she was a fucking puppy.

She seemed to of understood his question enough to waddle over to the cages door handle, her wings fluttering slightly.

John squinted at her.
"Alright fine-but dont fuckin....fly away....or somethin......."

He rose his hand to the lock and turned it open, letting the owl fly out in the open and around the room.

John was thankful he had kept his longer shirt on as the bird tried landing on one of his arms, her claws being padded by the cloth instead of his skin.

"....right........so uh......tomorrow huh?"

The owl tilted her head at the noise of him talking, the large glow-in-the-dark-ish eyes never blinking.

John looked back out the window, suddenly feeling the numbness crawl back up.

A train drove past, lighting the room and shaking the complex.

Absentmindedly he rose his free hand up to the bird's side, letting it disturb the smooth feathers.

".....never owned a pet before ya know...let alone something like an owl..."

Truthfully he wasn't sure if that was to the bird to make conversation or to him to......well...make conversation.

The bird crooned softly, leaning into the light strokes.

"Damn.....you still need a name don't you?" He looked back down, "I haven't consulted anything by you though, sorry bout that luv."

He stared into the moon above them.
"Had a bit on my mind..."

He felt the owl turn, glancing over, he realized she was looking towards his bed.

"Oh don't fret over me luv, nothin but a measly nightmare is all."

John had a feeling that he was trying to convince himself that more than anything else.

".........'m sorry Astra......really I am...."

The petting slowed down a bit, mixed up feelings and memories cloudy his mind.

It wasn't long till he felt the soft nips of the owl biting his fingers, as if willing for them to continue.

"Persistent little bugga eh?"

There wasn't much point going back for another attempt even before the sun started rising.

Something about the silent one-sided conversation or the slight comfort petting had made John feel lighter than before.

He wasn't one for therapy(he had been given an adequate experience at the asylum he admitted himself to earlier a shy few years ago); sure, he recommended it for others, but with as much shit floatin around his head as often as it did and without any open scheduling-he never felt that a head doctor treating him would be good for either of them.

Last thing he wanted was to fucking poison the life of another person thanks to his day job.

The magical school........now didn't really seem like a bad thing anymore.

John smiled as he thought of an idea.

🎃Ladies, Gentlemen and those of an Independent nature-
🎃WE ARE ALMOST TO HOGWARTS HO-LY SHIT IM FREAKIN OUT!🎃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 1.2K 15
In the world of magic their are people who have soulmates. A small tattoo on any part of their body describes who the persons soulmate is. Most peopl...
889K 41.1K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
253K 6.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
675K 41.3K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...