Boys Over Flowers (Herophine...

By KaiaGomez

Herophine #1 (Oct. 9. 2020)πŸ’™ Josephinelangford #1 (Oct. 25. 2020)πŸ’™ Josephine is a 16-year-old girl who goes... More

Casts
Chapter 1🌹
Chapter 2🌹
Chapter 3🌹
Chapter 4🌹
Chapter 5🌹
Chapter 6🌹
Chapter 7🌹
Chapter 8🌹
Chapter 9🌹
Chapter 10🌹
Chapter 11🌹
Chapter 12🌹
Chapter 13🌹
Chapter 14🌹
Chapter 15🌹
Chapter 16🌹
Chapter 17🌹
Chapter 18🌹
Chapter 19🌹
Chapter 20🌹
Chapter 21🌹
Chapter 22🌹
Chapter 23🌹
Chapter 24🌹
Chapter 25🌹
Chapter 26🌹
Chapter 27🌹
Chapter 28🌹
Chapter 29🌹
Chapter 30🌹
Chapter 31🌹
Chapter 32🌹
Chapter 33🌹
Chapter 34🌹
⚠️This is not a new chapter!⚠️
Chapter 35🌹
Chapter 36🌹
Chapter 37🌹
Chapter 38🌹
Chapter 39🌹
Chapter 40🌹
Chapter 41🌹
Chapter 42🌹
Chapter 43🌹
Chapter 44🌹
Chspter 45🌹
Chapter 47🌹
Chapter 48🌹
Chapter 49🌹
Chapter 50🌹
Chapter 51🌹
Chapter 52🌹
Chapter 53🌹
Chapter 54🌹
Chapter 55🌹(the last chapter)

Chapter 46🌹

738 60 19
By KaiaGomez

Josephine

"What?! What do you mean you were fired? You've just got promoted last month!!!"
I ask him like a mad woman I am.
"Yeah, but when I went to the office this morning, I was summoned to the personnel department and told that I was fired."
"Did you ask them why?"
"Yes, but they said it was the final decision of the company and couldn't reveal any details. I don't understand why because I didn't do anything wrong."
My poor dad looks so confused and hurt that I can't help feeling sorry for him. How can someone who did nothing wrong get fired? That is unacceptable!! But can I change the company's decision by myself? No. Then, all we can do is one thing ; we stick together as a family. It's going to be alright if he finds a new job and the rest of us double our work shifts. Yes, it will be hard, but I know we can do it since my family are the best and love one another deeply.
"It's their loss that they fired you, dad. And we can make lives if you find another job and we all work more! Don't be disappointed in yourself! You're the best dad we can ask for."
I do my best to cheer him up. However, his face falls even more and guiltily starts without looking into my eyes as well as mum's and Kat's. I've got a feeling that something bad is coming from him mouth as I gulp. Please, don't be something too bad...

"Actually, I might have borrowed some money from someone..."
"What?!"
"What?!"
"What?!"
The Langford women snap at him, unpleasantly surprised. He lowers his head even more. Despite his tall frame, he looks the smallest of all at the time.
"How much are you in debt?"
Mum glares at him.
"Um...maybe 50 thousand?"
We all suck in sharp breaths. I really wish it was 50 thousand won instead of dollars. A sad wish though.
"And from whom did you borrow that?"
She pushes him, which makes him sweat like he's in sauna.
"Maybe from...um...a load shark, I think?"
What the hell?!?! He borrowed money illegally? What the fucking hell is that?!?!
5 million dollars is not the amount of money we can easily earn if we all four work really hard. And now that money was from load sharks, which means we are more serious trouble than I first thought.
Mum and Kat sigh in disbelief and shake their head in unison. They are so much alike when they're mad and simply ignore the person who made them angry.
"Why on earth did you do something so stupid?"
I scold him in place of mum. If he didn't have a good reason, it would be on the street he will be sleeping tonight.

He slowly looks up at me trying to read my thoughts.
"I borrowed the money so I can make it double in a horse racing to buy some nice Christmas presents for my beautiful wife and two daughters. Even though I lost in the bet, I was going to be able to pay it back to them with the bonus I was supposed to be given were I still the office manager. I'm so sorry, my loves."
He sincerely apologize and we all let out another sigh. Although it was wrong of him to have gone to those dangerous people, his purpose was to please us. And we can't blame him for that, can we? Plus, there is no point whining over something that's already happened.

"You're the kindest yet most foolish man I've ever met, Stephen."
Mum tells him in a softer tone. Looks like her anger has dissolved a bit thanks to his confession.
"I know, Elizabeth. I'm so so sorry."
"I'm disappointed in you, dad."
It's Kat, making him shrink more. However, she goes on,
"But we need to get through this as one team, ok? Otherwise, we are so screwed."
She casts a small smile for him. And I follow my sister,
"Yes, dad. We can make it if we are all in this together. We're family after all, right?"
Our words bring a smile back on his face along with tears. Looking at my mum, she's smiling at us, too, as though telling us that she's proud of who we've grown up into.
"You two are the most amazing women I know besides your mum, Kat and Jo. Thank you very much for being supportive like this. I'm so sorry and thank you."
Then, he hugs both of us. Soon after, mum joins us and we stay as that for a while, enjoying and cherishing each other's presence. We do have a huge problem in front of us, but with our bond there is nothing we can't overcome.

*

In need of finding a well-paid job, I decide to stay in front of my PC in my room instead of going to Hero. Not only my life but my entire family's lives are dependent on ourselves so I just can't go out and have fun when my family are struggling.

As soon as I call him, he picks up like he was waiting for me to with holding his phone in the hand. The image makes my heart warm and swell with happiness.
"Where the fuck are you now? It's been an hour since I called you! You have a death wish or something? Huh?"
On the other end of the line, he barks. Among his harsh tone, however, I can also hear some relief. Was he worried about me?

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner but I can go out tonight because of a family problem."
I vaguely explain. If I tell him this is a financial problem, I'm sure he will offer to pay it but I don't want him to do it. I don't want him or other people to speculate I love him for his money. Since it's the farthest from the truth.
"What happened?"
He asks, genuinely concerned. I don't want to tell him a lie but there's no choice now.
"It's not a big deal but they just need me for a couple of days from tonight. You know, it's a... um...a poor people thing?"
What the fuck is that, Jo? I face palm myself for that stupid lie. I honestly need to work on telling lies. On the other hand, having a "pure soul" in some way, he believes it. I'm so glad that he's dumb when it comes to things like this.
"Ahh. Then, I guess I can't do anything about that. Ok, then, see you in school, tomorrow."
"Yeah, sure. Good night."
"Good night, Langford."
I wait for him to hang up, yet the call time on the screen only to count up. We stay silent for a while before I speak,
"Aren't you going to hang up?"
"Why would I hang up? It's you who called."
His reply makes no sense.
"So? Does that matter?"
"Of course, it does. It's determined that the person who call the other first ends the line."
"What? I've never heard that ridiculous rule before! Who even made it?"
I chuckle in amusement.
"I did, idiot! And it's a genius rule because we don't need to wonder who should hang up anymore."
On the other side of this line, I know he's smirking, thinking he could make up a believable lie, which makes me roll my eyes with no doubt. I know too well that he made this rule off-hand because he didn't want to end this call like I didn't. Gosh, he never fail me to swoon me.
"You're just crazy. You know that, don't you?"
"Maybe. But so are you."
He says. Although it's annoying to admit it, I'm as crazy as him. And I love it.
"Shut up! Now, I'm gonna go. Bye."
Pretending to be angry, I snap at him.
"Wait, wait! I was just kidding! Sorry, ok? I wanted to see you tonight but you have something else to do so I'll generously let you choose it over me, Langford."
Jokingly he utters and I fight back with a sarcasm.
"Thank you so much for your generosity and arrogance, sir. Now I really need to go. Bye, Hero."
"Ok. Bye, Langford."
Hearing that, I finally cut the line before the greedy and stupid part of me hijacks my body. Phew, that was close.

————

Hero

It's frustrating that she can't meet me tonight but I'm stupidly grinning in my bed, recalling the phone call earlier. Her sassy mouth is too perfect for my arrogant one. We're literally meant to be together from births.
Attempting to charge my iPhone, I notice a message from Ross sent a couple of minutes ago. I open it and read.

Ross : I was reading a book about Chinese fortune-telling called Rokusen Seijutsu and found that you and Jo are both Saturnians. Thought you'd love this fact.

I was right!!! Ross's message confirmed that we are destined to be together by this whole universe. Shit! I can't wait to tell Langford about this. I was trying to show her this city from the sky but it's better to show her our home planet, the Saturn. Yes. It's perfect for the next date.
I lock my phone and pad to my bed thinking the earlier I sleep, the faster tomorrow will come. Lying on my back, I patiently wait for the sleep to take me under.

*

Without knowing, I was sound asleep and the next time I opened my eyes, it was past 11:30am. Fuck. The morning came faster than I thought. I quickly brush my teeth and change my clothes in order to go to school and see her sooner. In 10 minutes, I'm ready to go.

I threaten the driver to hurry to the school and finally the limo pulls up in front of the entrance. Hastily I exit and run to the cafeteria since it's lunch time.
Walking into the cafeteria, I quickly find my men sitting in the F4 lounge but no sign of her. Where the fuck is she?
"Guys. Did you see Langford today?"
Not bothering to even greet them, I question.
"No, I don't think she came to school today."
Shane answers, making my heart drop to the bottom of the sea from the 10,000 ft.
"Do you know why?"
To this question of mine, they all shake their heads "no". Where the fuck is she?

"I can ask Joey her whereabouts if you want, Hero."
Gavin's suggestion saves me a bit.
"Yeah. Thanks, man."
I pat his shoulder in gratitude. He moves away from us a little and makes a call. I badly want to earvesdrop their conversation, I wait for him to hang up. A few torturous seconds later, however, Gavin's surprised voice fills the air.
"Her dad was what?!"
I don't have a fucking clue what the context was but I'm sure she's in some serious trouble. A chill runs down my spine. I'm familiar with this plot.
"What is that?"
My nervousness speaks before I think though I know already the answer. His pitiful gaze says it all. I clench my jaw as fisting my palms.
"It's that fucking bitch of my mother, isn't it?"
I snarl. In return, he nods his head and reluctantly speaks,
"Josephine's father was fired."

That bitch made a move again just like 10 years ago. And there is only one who might know how to deal with that monster of my mother...

🌻A. N. 🌻

Thank you for reading!! Sorry for another cliffhanger😅 But the original version had a lot of them so😁
Anyway, some brilliant readers speculated that Hero's mother made Josephine's father lose his job!!👏 Ding ding ding ding🔔🔔🔔 Now, guess who Hero thinks might be able to help him if you'd like💕 Stay tuned!!

Kaia Gomez🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 1.2K 40
A Second Chance. This is my first ever story. This is a fictional story about Herophine with some bits that may/may not be true. Jo & Hero meet up a...
7.5K 568 49
The summer is over and college kids are getting ready for a new start. Can Hero forgive Jo and pick up where they left of? Or are they better apart...
8.2K 686 12
!!THIS STORY IS COMPLETED AND DOES NOT HAVE A SEQUEL!! She doesn't know why, but she doesn't wanna die. Does she? Josephine Langford has seven days t...
7K 497 35
Five students walk into detention. Only 4 leave. College Hopeful Josephine has never publicly broken a rule. Sports star Samuel only knows what he's...