What You Caused

By -maiwrites

He was completely and utterly oblivious to everything that he had caused and she absolutely hated him for tha... More

Authors Note & TW (please read!!)
Character Aesthetics
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
Epilogue

16.

158K 4.3K 4.5K
By -maiwrites

Chapter 16 | Homecoming game

Isabella:

Haha you're fucked," Mia giggles, as we're at her house the next day getting ready for the homecoming game.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What do you mean by fucked?"

"I mean, have you seen Lucas play? He's fucking fantastic, as is Dylan and Aidan and that boy Robby too, 5 touchdowns will be a piece of cake for them."

"I agree," Grace nods, brushing her long hair into a high ponytail. We're all wearing the school colours and Grace has Aidan's surname, Moore, sprawled across the back of her shirt and his name painted across her cheeks.

Mia and I have O'Grady written on our backs and Dylan painted on our faces and the banners that we would be waving are propped against the bedroom door.

Ivy would be doing the same to Lucas and several other students would be doing the same to the other players of the Lakeside Lions.

I groan, falling face flat on Mia's bed. "I didn't think this through did I?" I kick my arms and legs childishly. "I am not coming to homecoming on a bloody motorcycle!"

"It's too late too back out now Bella," Grace smirks wickedly and Mia nods her head vigorously.

"A bets a bet."

***

"GO LIONS GO!" Everybody begins to chant simultaneously, shoving banners into the air and blowing whistles and all kind of noisy devices as the Lakeside Lions run onto the pitch.

Cheers erupt from all around, the horns blare loudly and the screams are almost deafening - but I'm too excited to care.

The cheerleaders begin their perfectly choreographed routine, shoving their pom-poms into the air and Mia, Grace and I begin jeering and yelling like crazy.

The game shortly begins and not long after is it evident that the Lakesiders have a clear advantage in the game. It's only the first quarter - scratch that it's only the first 20 minutes and the lions are absolutely destroying Tervalley Tigers.

Now, I don't know much about American football, but when everybody on the stands wearing purple and yellow begin to scream and jump up and down like crazy it can only mean one thing.

"The first touchdown of the game," Mia explains with a proud smile playing on her lips. "And you'll never guess by who."

"Who?"

Her smile grows and a wicked twinkle appears in her eye. "Lucas fucking Miller."

***

In all honesty, the rest of the game is intense and although I literally have no clue what it is that is exactly happening, I make sure to cheer and scream in what I think is all the rights places. However, Mia does have to stop me from jeering loudly a handful of times when I accidentally begin cheering for the opposing team on accident.

Also throughout the game, my eyes have been zeroed in on Aidan, Lucas and Dylan, following their football kit clad bodies as they run across the astro turf. I can feel the adrenaline radiating off of them as they catch and throw the ball. The crowd continuously mirror their excitement, the atmosphere buzzing with tension and enthusiasm and it's quite exhilarating.

"Go Lucas go!" Ivy screams at the top of her lungs from where she's situated in the row directly in-front of me. The game even seems to have brought Luna out of her quiet shell as I see her cheer loudly too.

As the last 10 minuets of the game roll around the loud cheers begin to erupt from the spectators again - not that they particularly stopped throughout the game, but I guess they just begin to increase in noise level.

The Lions are 18 points ahead of the Tigers, having scored four touchdowns.

That's right...four freaking touchdowns.

Although tonight's game has proved that the Lions are one hell of a talented ass team, I'm still convinced they won't manage to score another touchdown in 7 minuets - lucky for me.

"GOAIDANGOAIDANGOAIDAN!" Grace yells from beside me, her voice now hoarse and her face flushed red as we watch Aidan glide swiftly along the pitch, ball in hand before throwing it at another team member.

I raise my banner back in the air again after I had placed it on the ground for a quick second, allowing my arms to have a little break after they had started to burn. "GOOOOOOLIIIIIOOOOOONNNNSSSSSSSS!" I scream at the top of my voice, jeering proudly. A layer of sweat lines my forehead despite the chilly breeze outside - in the stands it's cramped and clammy, probably due to the fact the entire school seemed to have made an appearance tonight.

Mia outstretches her hand that is clutching a slushy and I lean over to take a sip out of it. She slaps my head away.

"Hey that's mine," Mia huffs.

"Sharing is caring," I smile, giving her puppy eyes.

"Fine, but one sip only!"

I take three sips just to piss her off.

"Do you think they'll make 5 touchdowns before the end of the game?" I ask her, after I swallow sip of the cool drink and gaze up to the large sign that has the clock telling how many minutes left of the game. 4 minutes.

I let out a breath of relief and smile as the image of Lucas turning up to homecoming in a dress pops into mind. I have the perfect dress for him too; hot pink and extra sparkly.

"What did you say?" Mia asks me, well more like screams at me, over the defeaning noise.

"HUH? I CAN'T HEAR YOU?"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

"OH...I was asking if you think they'll get 5 touchdowns before the end of the game but it's too late now, the game is almost ov-"

I'm promptly cut off by Mia screaming for dear life and throwing herself on top of me. Panic slightly bubbles inside of me as I struggle to breathe against Mia's sudden embrace. What the hell? Why is she hugging me?

But that's when I hear the horns blare, signifying only one fucking thing.

My stomach drops.

I push Mia away and briskly scan my eyes around the crowd and the sight confirms all my suspicions. The purple and yellow spectators are screaming frantically and jumping up and down in joy, alongside Grace who has abandoned their banners and is now hugging the girl standing next to her aggressively.

"TOOUUUUCCCCCHHHHHDOOOOWWWWWN!"

An uneasy feeling riles up inside of me. No fucking way.

The universe decided to taunt me one last time as shortly after, the final bell rings out, signalling the end of the game and my mouth falls open as I watch everyone celebrate around me in what feels like slow motion.

NONONONONO. THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING.

The crowds continue to go wild, indicating that yes, this is happening and the players down at the pitch peel off their helmets and begin jumping on each other in celebration. I see the girlfriends and boyfriends of the Lakesiders rush over to the pitch and embrace their mans, Ivy included. She briskly runs down the stairs and onto the astro turf, jumping onto Lucas, wrapping her legs around his waist before peppering kissing on his face.

The embrace slightly tugs at my heart but I'm too in shock about the five touchdowns to even properly care and I can even apprehend what's happening Mia and Grace grab me by the arm and haul me down the stairs and towards the guys.

Grace flings her arms around Aidan in congratulations and he spins her around as they hug. Mia awes loudly and the two quickly pry away from each other like they're on fire.

"Well done guys!" I congratulate the team, still half out of it, my eyes focused on Lucas who has his arms wrapped around Ivy.

As if sensing my gaze on the side of his head, he turns around to look at me, a sly smirk playing on his lips.

"I win," he taunts smugly, biting his lip to stop the large smile breaking out onto his face over my flustered expression. That's before the team begins to usher him, Aidan and Dylan away back into the locker room so he quickly presses a kiss to Ivy's forehead before sending me a cheeky wink, then allowing the guys the haul him back into the locker room, still basking in their glory.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Honestly guys i have no idea how American football works. Is five touchdowns in a game unrealistic? I mean idek what a bloody quarterback is so sorry if anything is inaccurate, I tried to google research as much as I could :o

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 4.6K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...
5.1K 683 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
17.1K 605 61
*DON'T READ THIS ONE FIRST!! It won't make much sense! ~Sequel to Who She Is~ Mature Content After making her mine and learning some of her dark secr...
561 30 27
My cousin broke her heart. I'm going to be the one to fix it. I'll do everything I can to. *mature themes, language, trigger warnings* Started: May...