Re:Zero - Emotion of Pain

By Lixon99

You, Y/n, are a very special person. Perhaps that's one of the reasons you have been dragged along the way. Y... More

Chapter 1 - The Start Of The End Part 1
Chapter 2 - The Start Of The End Part 2
Chapter 3 - The Negotiation
Chapter 4 - Fight Of Flame And Blood
Chapter 5 - Lost Memory
Chapter 6 - The Right Path Part 1
Chapter 7 - The Right Path Part 2
Chapter 8 - The Fear of Death
Chapter 9 - Hero To The Rescue!
Chapter 10 - Mansion Worker
Chapter 11 - Learning Magic
Chapter 12 - Trapped
Chapter 13 - Investigation
Chapter 14 - The Chain Of Death
Chapter 15 - Starting Over Again Part 1
Chapter 16 - Starting Over Again Part 2
Chapter 17 - Rem Suspicion
Chapter 18 - Subaru's Lie
Chapter 19 - Sneaking Out
Chapter 20 - Mabeasts Attack
Chapter 21 - Rescuing Rem
Chapter 22 - Finding Rem
Chapter 23 - End of the Rescue
Chapter 24 - Smile
Chapter 25 - Return to Start Point
Chapter 26 - The Royal Meeting Part 1
Chapter 27 - The Royale Meeting Part 2
Chapter 28 - Conflicts
Chapter 29 - Awaken
Chapter 30 - The Light Blade
Chapter 32 - The Preparation
Chapter 33 - The Arrival
Notification

Chapter 31 - Return

3.3K 88 113
By Lixon99

(Third Person Pov)

When he came to his mind again, Y/n found himself inside the carriage with O/n floating in front of him. This time, he didn't scream or become surprised by the strange sight.

Standing up to his feet, he let out a yawn and went outside of the carriage to greet his purple Earth Dragon, Kansan. As he greeted the creature, O/n popped up from behind and looked at him with a bored expression.

O/n: [What do you want to do now? Save them again?]

It took a while before a reply came from him.

Y/n: "No. Subaru might die, and the effort that I have built up would just collapse again."

O/n: [What are you going to do now, then?]

Y/n: "I'll return to Rosawaal's mansion. Most likely, they would have already left the capital after a while now..."

O/n: [Ok, then I'll go back to sleep. It had been a long day for me as well.]

Transforming into light particles, O/n returned to the crystal on his hair-clip. Y/n smiled as he continued petting the purple lizard on its head.

After a while, they continued their journey, but Y/n made sure that Kansan would keep up enough speed that they would go past Mill Gray and reach Lifaus Plain before they could have an encounter with the Blood Witch's Cultists.

It wasn't his problem. He offered them his help, but they repaid it with pain. He did not want to feel that again.

***

It's been a few hours now since they had continued the journey. As he felt the wind blow on his face, Y/n suddenly came up with an idea.

Y/n: "Kansan! I'm going to try something on, so stop for a bit."

Kansan stopped on her tracks. She started to breathe heavily as Y/n gave her some water to refresh herself with. When she was done, he went to pet her head before getting licked by her tongue.

Her sticky salvia was struck all over his face as he held a disgusted expression' at her actions' as he started to wipe all of those salivae off of him.

Y/n: "Jeez, I know that you're happy for me, but aren't you too happy for someone that you only had just met a few days ago?"

She titled her head as if she didn't understand what he meant. He sighed and wipes off the last salvia before staring back at her. Holding out his hand in the air, he extended it in front of her as he chanted a spell.

Y/n: "Akra."

He whispered. A golden veil of light appeared en engulfs her entire body. Feeling a new sensation that her physical strength had risen, she looked at a boulder nearby and went for a kick. The boulder was instantly smashed by her feet as it crumbles down to pieces.

Seeing how strong his Earth Dragon had become, Y/n let out a whistle of impressiveness. What's more, ever since that day where he fell on the blood lake, the gate in his mana had grown a lot.

Kansan quickly came to his side when she heard the whistle as she weakly rubbed her face with affections against Y/n's body. He giggled shyly at how his Earth Dragon's action and returned the affection as well by rubbing her head.

Y/n: "All right, let's go and see how fast you have become. My mana won't hold forever y'know?"

Sitting back at the carriage, he gave her the signal to start to run. And as she did that... A heavy blow of wind hit him so hard he almost fell backward into the carriage. He had a small drop of tears coming out of his eyes as his clothes blew all over the place, even having his scarf blinding him for a few seconds before he managed to move it away.

Y/n: 'My anxiety is building up quite fast today.'

He thought to him as a few sweats formed on his face, but they were all blown away by the wind created by Kansan, who ran ridiculously fast.

With time, they finally reached to Flügel's Tree. Here, they took a rest for tonight as it was evening, and the sun was going down, and the sky became orange. Letting out a yawn, he took a spoon of potato soup and drank it. It tasted ok.

A bit bland if you ask him, but it wasn't his fault that seasonings like salt and pepper could be so expensive. Then again, this was supposed to be a world in medieval Europe time, but with magic and other races.

Then the night came as he lied down on the grass field, staring at the bright and beautiful stars above him. He wondered what he should say when he arrived back at the mansion. 'Hello? I'm back?', 'Sorry that I've left without saying goodbye?' There were many things he could say, but he didn't want to make some long-ass complicated excuses.

Letting out yet another yawn, he went to bed and fell asleep.

***

Few days have passed smoothly, he have finally arrived to Arlarm Village. Deciding to hide his identity, he hid myself under the cloak.

While riding on his way to Rosawaal's mansion, he couldn't help but to become attentive when he saw a carriage with dried blood stained on the rider's seat. Not to mention those knives... He quickened the pace as they continued on their way to Rosawaal's mansion when Kansan suddenly stopped moving.

Wondering what was wrong with her, he jumped off and saw a scared expression on her. Noting that she wouldn't be able to walk any further and that something bad was happening, he quickly started to run towards the mansion on his own.

Reaching over to the mansion, he didn't stop and continued to run towards Emilia's study room where he felt a familiar mana there. Opening the door with a loud thud! He saw Beatrice looking at him with a flat expression as if she had been expecting him to come to her.

Y/n: "Beatrice... Where's... Subaru? And Emilia?"

I said exhausted.

Beatrice: "If you're looking for them, it's too late, I suppose."

Y/n: "What do you mean by that-"

Suddenly, he felt a chill all over his body as he fell down to his knees. His breath became heavy as sweats started to form all over his body.

Beatrice: "Your heart is getting slower. If you plan to die, at least do it another place where I can't see you, I suppose."

A portal was opened beneath him as he fell down. The last thing he could see was Beatrice's sad face before he found himself in a new place. Falling down, he hit some branches as scratch marks appeared on his body as he continued to fall down.

*Thud!

Reaching to the ground, he had scratches all over him as he felt pain in every inch of his body before forcefully turning himself to the side. He looked up and saw several beautiful stars that shone in the dark.

Even when he was at death's door again, he felt somehow relaxed just by looking at the star before closing his eyes.

***

When he opened his eyes again, he found himself in the same place yet again. Without saying anything, he got his carriage ready and decided to head back to the capital of Lugnica.

Not long after, he finally reached the gate where he paid the owner of a stale for Earth Dragons to take care of Kansan for a few days. He had also sold the carriage he owes since he won't need it now.

Saying goodbye to her, he quickly started to run around the place. Hearing the wind's voice, he found the location of where Subaru and Rem was.

When he was close to them, he walked upstairs and saw Subaru and Rem talking to each other. Subaru held a very... Complicated expression. Several kinds of negative expression were found on his face.

When Rem and Subaru heard footsteps nearby, they stopped on what they were doing and looked at who was it that was there. Their eyes widen from shock and surprise, especially Subaru who held a disbelief expression before turning into a guilty one.

There stood Y/n with an exhausted face. He held on to the wall to support him as he took heavy breathing, deeply inhaling the air as much as he exhales it.

Y/n: "...Hah, finally... I finally found you."

Subaru: "Why..."

Rem: "Y/n-kun!"

Rem suddenly beamed as a joy of smile as she quickly went to hug him tightly, pressing all of the air inside his body out.

Y/n: "Rem... I'm dying!"

Rem. "Ah! Sorry!"

She said and finally released Y/n who coughed a few times as he desperately breathes as much as he could before standing up. Looking at the still shocked Subaru, he let out an awkward smile.

Y/n: "Hey, Subaru..."

Subaru: "..."

Y/n: "Why the long face? Didn't you say that you would hang out today?"

At one second, light shone through Subaru's eyes as he suddenly remembered something.

Y/n: "So stop with that depress looks on your face! It makes you even uglier than you already am! Let's go, I have a feeling that today would be a great day."

Extending his hand, he let out a smile as sunlight formed a circle around him. Subaru, shaking with even more guilt, fell to his knees.

Subaru: "Y/n... I'm worthless."

Y/n: "I know. In other eyes, you may be, but in mine, you're someone special."

Subaru: "No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't save anyone..."

Y/n: "I know. But you have been doing this alone for a while now, haven't you? Sorry I wasn't there to support you. Guess I broke my promise too, somehow..."

Subaru: "I've never done anything. I'm empty. No one will even listen to me."

Y/n: "I know. Even when nobody wouldn't listen to you, I would always be there to listen to you."

Subaru: "No one expects anything from me. No one believes in me. I hate myself."

Both Rem and Y/n went over to him and made him look at their eyes. There was no hidden meaning behind those eyes, only sadness and happiness mixed together could be seen on their faces.

Y/n: "I have expectations for you. I want you to be happy again. I believe in you, even if the whole world doesn't. Even if you hate yourself, I would always love you, Subaru. So wipe that depress look and smile!"

Subaru: "You really don't mind that it's me? After everything I've done to you?"

Y/n: "I want it to be you. For you are my first and only irreplaceable friend. I couldn't ask for a better friend than you."

Rem: "If you cannot forgive yourself for being empty and having nothing, then let us start from here, right now."

Subaru: "Start what?"

Rem: "Just like when you and Y/n started my time for me when it was stopped, we will make the time that you feel is stopped for you begin to move again. Let's start here. From square one. No, from zero!"

The sky that once covered the sunlight from reaching them has now moved on as the sunlight engulfs the entire area. Light came back to Subaru's eyes once again.

Rem: "If it is too hard for you to walk alone, we will hold you up. As we walk, we will share the burden and support each other."

Y/n: "And we wouldn't leave each other behind. If one of us won't make it, all of us won't."

Rem: "Wasn't this what you said to us that morning? Show us how awesome you can be, Subaru-kun."

Y/n: "After all, this is only just the beginning. And your story hasn't ended yet."

Subaru: "Rem... Y/n..."

Rem/Y/n: "Yes?"

Subaru: "I love Emilia."

Rem: "Yes, and I love Y/n-kun."

She suddenly held his hand, entangling his with hers as he could feel how soft her hand was. But he didn't say anything to ruin the moment.

Subaru: "I want to see Emilia smile. I want to be of help to Emilia's future. Even if she says I'm in the way, even if she tells me to stay away... I want to be next to her. Using my feelings for her as an excuse, to get her to understand everything was arrogant of me, huh? It's okay if she doesn't understand. I just want to save her. If there's a bleak, painful future waiting for her, I want to take her away to a future where we all can laugh together!"

Looking at Y/n, Subaru hesitated a bit before taking a deep inhaling as a determined look overtook his face.

Subaru: "I want her to be happy. Even if I won't be the right one for her, I no longer care. As long as she's happy, I'm happy."

Extending both of his hands to them, he said.

Subaru: "Will you both help me? I can't do anything alone. I lack in everything. I'm not confident that I can even keep walking straight. I'm weak, fragile, and small. So, to make sure I keep walking straight, to help me realize when I'm wrong, will the two of you help me?"

Rem chuckle as Y/n let out a small laugh as well.

Y/n: "Of course. What kind of friend would I be if I don't support you?"

Subaru: "Yeah, yeah, I get it. I'm a bad friend. I'm sorry..."

Y/n: "Sorry, I can't hear you. What was that you just said?"

Subaru: "I'm sorry, okay! I shouldn't have let my feeling get in the way of our friendship. I shouldn't have thrown years of friendship away just for a person that I haven't known for that long yet!"

Y/n: "You have matured, Subaru."

He said, smilingly. Then a smirk came.

Y/n: "Now you have grown out of your baby phrase-"

He was stopped when Rem smacked him on the back of his head while glaring at him.

Rem: "Don't tease him too much, Y/n-kun."

Y/n: "Oww... Do you really have to hit that hard? You're sure are strong for a girl..."

An irk mark appeared on her forehead.

Rem: "I'm sorry for that, Y/n-kun. But that wasn't my full strength; do you want me to try again?"

Y/n: "No, no, no! I'm sorry!"

Seeing them interact with each other, Subaru let out a laugh, which was followed up by Rem and Y/n. Rem then held her dress, and she did a small bow to Subaru.

Rem: "I humbly accept. If it will help you, my hero, greet the future with a smile, then yes."

Accepting his hands, they grabbed it without any hesitation.

Subaru: "Yeah, just watch. You get a front row seats... To the person you both admired become the most awesome hero ever!"

***

Wordcounts: 2492

Season 1 would soon end in this book. 

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 85 34
I do not own Re: zero that is owned by Tappei Nagatsuki. I started writing this after the other fanfic. heard of one loop in the Re: Zero series tha...
7.9K 89 13
This story is probably a unique one. I won't spoil it until you guys decided to read it. LOL
75.4K 944 12
A re:zero male reader insert To begin with, no you are not an edgy prick like Sauske, nor are you an uchiha. You just get the power mysteriously. Sub...
9.7K 294 14
Natsuki Subaru has been trying to keep the existence of Return by Death a secret. However, after waking up and talking with Emilia after dying at the...