Gentle | Ushijima

By greysinx

[ Haikyuu Fanfiction ] Ushijima was not what I was expecting, at least not what I thought of him to be. A qui... More

1/The Twin
3/Replaced
4/Late Nights
5/Captured Embrace
6/Two Love's
7/Bad Love
8/All Confessions
9/Final Game
10/Loved
11/Movie Night
12/Christmas Blues
13/Christmas Day
14/New Years
15/Under The Sky
16/Valentine's Surprise
17/Its Over
18/Mistakes
19/Gentle Ace
20/Sweet
21/ Nightmare
22/Fairytale
23/Supportive Surprise
24/A Friend
25/Golden Dove
26/Gentle Giant
27/Gentle Goodbye

2/Study Session

7.4K 165 140
By greysinx

I finally finished my damn homework. I hate that science teacher. She gives us so much damn homework. Granted my grades are super good and it is a high ranked class but still~ there is no use of giving me 3 assignments to do per chapter and they are so many questions~

I looked at my phone to see that it's dinner time. I fixed up my uniform and slid on my shoes so I can go to the cafeteria for dinner. I walked out of my dorm and went to the cafeteria.

As I sat down at my usual table with my food, a kid approached me. It was a boy with brown eyes and brown hair. He looked around 6 feet tall, I couldn't really tell. He sat down across from me with a smile on his face.

You: Can I help you?

Kato: Oh I'm Yamamoto Kato. You can call me Kato. Anyways I'm in your science class and I was hoping you would tutor me..?

You: Why me?

Kato: Well you have the best marks out of the whole class and uh.. I kind of suck at science.

You: Hm. Sure why not. When are you free?

Kato: My club runs till 6 pm during the week so we can meet up anytime after that.

You: You're in a club?

Kato: Yeah I'm on the male soccer team.

You: You play soccer?

Kato: Yeah..

You: I used to play soccer.. what position do you play?

Kato: Offense, sometimes goalie or mid field. How about yourself?

You: Mid field and defense.

Meanwhile a few tables away

Reon: Looks like [y/n] made a new friend.

Hayato: Good for her. She can have a decent conversation without being sarcastic.

Semi: She's a sweet girl, she is just mean to you.

Tendo: Hm.. she's smiling a lot. That's new.

Reon: Maybe they have a lot of common interests or their classmates.

The guys kept watching you from afar. They saw you and Kato laughing and talking. They saw you and Kato swapping lunches and then phone numbers.

Honestly it made all of them jealous, and it irritated your brother a bit. How open you were to Kato and how happy you looked. It was a whole different happiness that they have never experienced from you. Everything was so genuine and loving.

You finished up your food and put up your tray. They watched you get a drink from the vending machine and then walk off with Kato. You both left the cafeteria laughing and being very friendly.

Semi: I hate him.

Shirabu: You hate everything.

Reon: Don't fight. But I'm with you Semi.

Tendo: I think we all hate that dude.

Goshiki: Why would you hate someone who makes her happy?

Shirabu: Well Semi has a crush on [y/n], Hayato is her brother, Reon is practically her older brother and Tendo is just over protective of his best friend.

Semi: I don't have a crush on her.

Taichi: Your face says differently.

Semi: Taichi I'll make you do extra laps-

Ushijima: Don't worry about her.

The whole team faced the stoic ace with shocked faces. Ushijima didn't look at the team, nor looked away from the doorway that you just left out of.

He was kind of stewing on the inside. Hearing that Semi had a crush on you was something he hated. He didn't hate Semi, he just hated that he would have to compete with his friend. To make things worse, now this new guy that has quickly become your friend is just another opponent.

Reon: What do you mean by "don't worry about her?"

Ushijima: Well if she's happy then we shouldn't worry about her new friend. I'm sure if anything happens she will tell us.

Semi: You're right. We shouldn't worry about her so much.

Hayato: Speak for yourself.

Semi: Hm?

Hayato: That's my sister. I'm to kill him if he even lays a finger on her.

Tendo: Relax Yamagata. I'm sure they will be fine. Just let her be happy like Ushijima said.

As the boys finished up dinner, Ushijima and Semi couldn't get you out of their heads. Semi tried to focus on the conversation at the table but he was thinking about you. What did that guy gave that he didn't...

For Ushijima, well he was just blank as usual. Your smile and laugh with him and the team, it was different than the one you shared with the boy. Why? Why did you have a different persona depending on who you're talking to..

The boys cleaned up their trays and went to their dorms for the night. Ushijima and Tendo went back to their dorm together while Semi and Jin shared a room together.

Semi and Ushijima both asked their roommate the same question.

"What is [y/n] like around you?"

Tendo: Well she's a goofball. We always laugh and joke around together.

Jin: She's usually quiet and shy but when she opens up she is really sweet and caring.

Semi was wondering what you were like around him. You were always sweet and caring around him. You guys would goof off sometimes and laugh but you always listened to him. Quiet and observed everything.

Ushijima wondered the same thing. You were sweet and shy but you talked a bit more. You were sarcastic and helpful. When it was just you two, you seemed closed off.

He wondered if that was because he doesn't talk much. Maybe it was because he intimidated you or he just didn't show much emotion. He was trying to think of how he could get you to feel more confident around him.

With Semi, he was trying to figure out how to drop hints about him like you. Maybe buy you treats here and there or ask to hang out more. He should try and be around you a lot and show interest in everything you do. He already does, but maybe even more. Maybe take you to a soccer game or play video games with you more often.

Your POV

Kato: Since it's getting late we should head back to the dorms. Want me to walk you back?

You: Nah I'm going to hang out with my friends for a bit.

Kato: Oh really? Who?

You: The guys from the volleyball team.

Kato: Oh.. oh that's right, your brother is the libero.

You: Yeah. I hang out with them a lot.

Kato: Hm.. okay. Well see you in class tomorrow.

Kato waved goodbye as he walked towards his dorm room. You walked to the second floor of the male dorms and knocked on your brothers door. Reon opens and you hug him before flopping onto their couch. You lay there happily while you felt eyes on you from the other guys in the room

Hayato: So lovely it you to crash our study session.

You: Y'all are still studying?

Shirabu: Some of us aren't as smart as you.

You: Salty as ever Kenji~

Shirabu: Don't call me that.

You: Yeah yeah whatever. What do you guys need help with?

Reon: I'm helping them.

Goshiki: English.

Hayato: Japanese History.

Shirabu: English

Taichi: Japanese Literature

You: You all will be the death of me.

We stayed up till midnight trying to help these guys with their notes and classes. I mainly helped Hayato and Goshiki while Reon took care of the other two. It wasn't that bad.

At midnight, everyone went off into their own dorms. Reon went to bed while Hayato said he was going to go get food. I told him to grab me nuggets and he said he would. I went back to my dorm and flopped down on my couch.

I didn't have a roommate so I was bored. At least I got more room though. Plus I've made that extra room just my little cave when I seriously need to study or just wanna jam out to music.

I laid on the couch and stared up at my ceiling. I kept glancing over at my old soccer medals that hung on the wall with my old uniform. I used to be the captain of my old team.

I made people fear me. A couple teams just gave up the match before it even started because I was on it. We were the Shiratorizowa Junior High Soccer team. Just the name scared people, but then you add me too it and people would be petrified.

I hated it. That's why I quit. I don't like people being scared of me. Sure it was nice to know that no one would mess with me but.. I want more friends than anything. Both me and my brother are very outgoing people. Well, when we aren't being sarcastic.

We don't like being feared as much as people might think.

Just as I was lost in thought, I heard a knock on my door. It was my brother dropping off my food. I thanked him and wished him a goodnight. He said goodnight and went back to his dorm.

I ate my nuggets and then got ready for bed. I turned on my sad playlist because I like sad songs. I don't know why but sad songs kind of make me happy. It's weird.

Happier by Ed Sheeran came on. I sang softly to myself as I stared at my ceiling. It got me thinking about my own happiness. If there's anyone who makes me happy. Problem is, what if there is more than one-

...who would I end up hurting?...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 4.1K 15
A sequel to my story Star-Crossed Lovers. Six years after the prequel had ended, Wakatoshi was on Japan's National volleyball team. - His eyes were...
119K 3.9K 17
Book 2 A whole year has passed since the two have seen each other. A practice match brings them back, but how long can they stay?
64.4K 177 9
Follow the journey of a young boy that wants to know what it feels like to wear diapers. comments are appreciated
865K 19.7K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.