THE NEW HEAVEN AND EARTH | RO...

ΑĪ€ĪŒ firstlovenever_die

𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝟐𝟏:𝟒 "𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐨𝐝 đŦ𝐡𝐚đĨđĨ 𝐰đĸ𝐩𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐚đĨđĨ 𝐭𝐞𝐚đĢđŦ 𝐟đĢ𝐨đĻ 𝐭𝐡𝐞đĸīŋŊ... ΠÎĩĪÎšĪƒĪƒĪŒĪ„ÎĩĪÎą

A MESSAGE
1. HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY
2. SAINT-LIKE
3. CONFOUNDED
5. THE BRIGHEST STAR
6. REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK
7. BOTTOMS UP
8. IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE
9. COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS
10. BROKEN PROMISES
11. HAUNTED
12. SHE WAS A FOOL
13. YOU CAN SMILE NOW
14. POTTERDALIS WATCH
15. EVEN IF IT KILLED THEM
16. SHELL COTTAGE
17. BREAKING THE BANK
18. BLACK AND POTTER
19. WELCOME BACK
20. WISH COME TRUE
21. WE'LL WIN THIS
22. ONE HOUR
23. BEAUTIFUL AND BOLD
24. YOUR REASONS
25. MASTER OF DEATH
26. MEUS AMOR, MEA CAUSA
epilogue
1999
give me your hand
2001
song for baby-o, unborn
2004
2007-2008
travel
2017
the final act
a last message

4. NOT TOO LATE

1.2K 46 33
ΑĪ€ĪŒ firstlovenever_die

After that, Gene was a little thrown off of the wedding plans. Her mind ran wild with theories and questions about the sword, and why Dumbledore left it to her.

She wished she could have asked him. She wished he was here.

"Hey," Hermione nudged her gently in the side, bringing Gene out of her thoughts, "You'd better get dressed." she said, a small smile on her lips as she looked at Gene.

The ceremony was short but sweet, having taken place earlier on in the afternoon. Gene wore a different dress then, a pale, light-wash of pink, as per Fleur's request. For the reception, however, Gene had a much different dress in mind– something more her style.

Her hair was twisted into a low bun at the nape of her neck, a magnolia flower picked from the tree outside and pinned in it, courtesy of Hermione. Her eyes were lined with a dark shadow with hidden sparkles; shimmering under the warm lights of the room; her cheeks flushed an intentional peach colour and gloss on her lips for the occasion, all thanks to Ginny.

Gene nodded distantly, standing up from her seat to grab the hanger that held her dress, before beginning to put it on, Hermione helping button up the back. It was a deep green colour, somewhere between a deep emerald green and black, only noticed by a keen eye.

The sleeves ran all the way down her arms to her hands, the soft layers of fabric decorated with embroidery and encrusted with tiny gems.
It was a gown that touched the floor, one that belonged to her mother, funnily enough. The neckline darted straight across her chest, providing the perfect canvas for her necklace.

"Don't look so down, Hermione." Gene said.

Hermione looked up, the woeful expression across her features having not disappeared in the last half an hour, as Gene watched her intently through the mirror. She was missing Finn, obviously. Hermione finished fastening the locket around Gene's neck, mustering a weak smile.

"I have a surprise for you." Gene said, Hermione's eyebrows furrowing in response, "He's waiting downstairs." she smiled knowingly, while Hermione's expression had completely transformed into one of sheer joy.

"You didn't." Hermione whispered.

Gene turned around, "I didn't. Ron did." she smiled even more. "Go on."

She crossed the room to hold the door open for Hermione, who had been waiting for those exact words, as she raced down the steps. Gene's heel caught the door just in time as she watched Hermione's hair disappear amongst the crowd at the foot of the stairs, breathing a laugh.

Gene glanced over her appearance a final time, nodding in assurance to her reflection before making her way toward the stairs. Her eyes were trained on the staircase itself, almost terrified that she might have tripped over her long dress, until she saw a pair of smart shoes blocking her path.

Her head shot up, finding Lupin stood before her, offering a hand and a small smile. Gene lifted an eyebrow at this, taking his larger hand in hers anyways, as they walked down the stairs together.

"You know it's not my wedding, right?" she asked playfully, causing him to chuckle under his breath.

Gene looped her arm through his, and Lupin's other hand came over to rest over hers as they walked through the marquee.

"I know. But I look forward to the day." he returned, a knowing smile of sorts on his lips and she narrowed her eyes at him, "I wish your father could see you then. See you now."

Lupin gave a deep sigh, one of repressed torment and guilt, and everything else in between. The pain seemed to be everlasting for them both. Gene squeezed his arm a little tighter, feeling tears prick at her eyes as she nodded.

"I suppose you'll have to do."

Gene looked up at him for a moment, smiling and for a second, he could picture the exact same smile on Sirius' face, still not quite processing her words yet.

"You'll walk me down the aisle, won't you?" she said, subtly throwing the suggestion out there and he was suddenly brought to a standstill.

Of course, deep down, she knew that this day was likely never to come, and that thought gave her a great pain in her heart. But for now, she was going to pretend. Gene allowed herself that much, at least.

Lupin looked at her closely, brows furrowed as if he had heard her wrong. But he hadn't. He saw that familiar smile again and his heart swelled as he brought Gene into a hug, sighing softly as his eyes shut in contentment, pressing a brief kiss to her crown.

After a few moments and some discreet sniffling later, they finally entered the marquee, immediately met with cheering and laughter. She hadn't seen so much joy in months, maybe even years. Gene couldn't help the smile that formed as she watched Bill and Fleur dance in the centre of a crowd.

She looked past them, finding Hermione and Finn smiling at one another in close proximity. It was about time, she thought to herself. Gene looked around for another familiar face, finding Lorelai stood with Aurelia off to the side, though she couldn't spot anyone else.

"Hello, you."

Harry appeared suddenly, bringing Gene into a quick hug as though he hadn't seen her less than an hour ago, before pressing a kiss to her cheek and smiling. Gene returned it, squeezing his arm affectionately as they found themselves feeling equally as happy and content.

Lupin's eyes seemed to be elsewhere, watching Tonks make her way over with great affection, reaching for her hand as he brought her closer. Gene eyed Tonks carefully, a glow about her, not that she didn't always, but it seemed different this time. Her eyes trailed down to Tonks' hand to her stomach, before looking between herself and Lupin, eyes wide in realisation.

"We want you to be the godparents." Tonks smiled, her eyes shifting between her husband and a speechless Gene and Harry.

"You mean–" Harry began, blinking rapidly, "Well, that– that's brilliant." he said, a smile breaking out onto his face as he looked at Gene in equal surprise.

"I- I don't know what to say." Gene said, laughing a little breathlessly.

"Say yes." Remus smiled softly.

Gene and Harry shared one look, a smile and a nod, causing Lupin and Tonks to rejoice. Gene pressed a kiss to Tonks' cheek as Lupin clapped Harry on the shoulder, pulling him into a brief hug. They waved the couple off as they headed in Mrs. Weasley's direction, perhaps to share the happy news.

"Us– godparents? Would you believe it?" Harry muttered, causing Gene to scoff.

He offered his arm out, which Gene took graciously, as they trailed the outer edges of the marquee, making their way to a quiet table. They passed Luna and her father, who stood out in particular to Gene as she noticed a strange necklace laying against his chest. It looked like a triangle with a circle in the very centre, a line going straight through it. It seemed so distinct, yet she couldn't put her finger on the symbol at all.

A sudden squeal brought Gene swiftly out of her thoughts, stepping quickly out of the way as a line of children ran swiftly in front of them. Ron, Hermione, Lorelai and Finn waved them over now, with Gene doing her very best to hide her expression of vexation as they joined them.

"What's with the face, sunshine?" Lorelai mused.

Gene gave a shiver as she heard another squeal from across the tent, unable to help her involuntary reaction to children.

"You couldn't pay me to have kids." she muttered, slumping further against her seat.

"What?" Hermione laughed.

"You don't want little Gene's running about your house in ten years?" Finn teased, to which she grimaced at the sentence alone.

"Think of all the DNA related jokes Fred and George would miss out on." Harry said, feigning disappointment and Gene laughed, failing to wonder why the twins were the first to pop into Harry's head.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm quite glad to be here. You know– considering." she explained, "I just don't think I'd be a very good mum." she shrugged indifferently, hoping they couldn't tell her eyes watered as she spoke.

"We'd better get learning, eh?" Harry muttered quietly, giving her a gentle nudge in the side.

Gene mustered a small smile at this, "I'm gonna go grab a drink." she gave Harry a pat on his knee before standing, approaching the drinks table now.

She watched a glass magically refill itself before taking it in her hands, her thumb running across the rim. Her drink remained full, as she hadn't found it in her to be in the party mood just yet.

The talk of a wedding she would never have and the realisation that she would never be a mother had dampened her mood quite a bit. Gene needed a distraction, and luckily it had come, in the form of one Ron Weasley.

He had been watching Gene from afar for quite some time now, taking the time to prepare himself to walk over to her, though the moments had been stolen from him by various people. He finally plucked up the courage to approach, swallowing hard as Gene glanced at him over the lip of her drink. She sipped slowly, her eyes fixed on Ron as her tunnel vision kicked in.

The music had changed to something slow, with a guitar and softly spoken words, though Gene couldn't make out what they were. The atmosphere in the room seemed to slow, the voices turning into whispers and the lights seemingly dimmer.

Ron stood in front of her now, a glimmer in his eyes under the fairy lights, a look that Gene couldn't quite decipher before he held a hand out. Gene stared at him for a good thirty seconds, looking at his hand again before back at him. He cleared his throat, the corner of his lip quirking into a smile, before:

"I'm not too late, am I?" he asked.

Gene was much too late to even bother trying to disguise the great smile that had made its way to her lips, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth in an attempt to hide it as best as she could. There was a sort of lurch in her stomach at the very implication of taking his hand, the words he used which had to be intentional.

It was a shame she had only caught on three years after, late herself. Gene decided that she would take her chance, grasping it firmly in it's large, freckled hand, before she lost it.

Gene placed her hand in his, fitting like a missing piece of a puzzle and he took charge, leading her across to the dance floor. They joined the rest of the couples who had begun to slow dance as Bill and Fleur danced in the centre, a soft spotlight on them.

Her hand went to grasp his shoulder, broad and firm under her palm while one of his went to rest at the small of her back, careful and considerate. Ron's other took her free hand in his own, holding it close to his chest, perhaps even his heart, as they easily came together, as though they had done it hundreds of times before.

Gene gave a small hum in contentment, having not felt so at ease in a long, long time. She had been so caught up in everything else that she had forgotten how easy it was to miss the little things.

Her gaze drifted across the room, her cheek pressed against Ron's shoulder as she watched Lorelai and Fred slow dancing, and she thought nothing could have made her smile more than that. Until she watched George offering a hand, bowing before Aurelia who laughed, and the smile across Gene's lips was undeniable now.

Aurelia shook her head as she laughed, Eddie nudging her in the side before she took his hand graciously, allowing him to lead her to the dance floor, a few paces away. Gene squeezed Ron's shoulder gently, grabbing his attention before nodding over, and they laughed quietly together.

Gene went to draw Ron closer somehow, if that were even possible. She watched him, his smile lingering as he watched everyone else in the room. A happiness in his eyes that she hadn't seen since they were much younger. Gene would have done everything in her power to keep it so.

And despite being caught out earlier by George, she reckoned that she still had some subtlety to her, keeping her eyes locked firmly on Ron and no one else. Then, when she had been least expecting it, he looked at her, almost as if he knew to, sending the butterflies in her stomach wild as she had finally been caught.

Now, her heart was hammering against her chest, because Ron was looking at her.

"You going soft on me, Fiordalis?" he asked, his voice a low hum. Gene felt her cheeks flush a deep scarlet, not bothering to hide it anymore.

"I might just be." Gene returned.

Suddenly, a flash of blue cut through the canopy, exploding into a burst of light and landing elegantly in the centre of the room. Gene gasped, Ron's hold on her tightening as he pulled her closer, backing away from the source of light. The crowd fell silent.

A silver lynx, graceful and gleaming materialised amid the crowd, and a sonorous voice sounded from it. Kingsley Shacklebolt's voice. Gene's insides twisted violently.

"The Ministry has fallen. The Minister of Magic is dead. They are coming."

A scream broke the silence and chaos ensued.

Gene held onto Ron tightly as they ran through the crowd who shoved past them in an attempt to escape. She drew her wand, casting spell after spell at the Death Eater's that had swept into the tent.

They bounced between bodies, scanning the scattering crowd as they heard their names being called from every direction. Gene looked up, catching a glimpse of a white-faced Aurelia, facing a Death Eater, her eyes on Gene for a split second.

"Go." she mouthed to her niece.

A nod of acceptance and assurance, because she knew Gene and she knew that she had a mission from the very start. Except, Gene didn't care about the mission anymore, not when she watched a spell skim her aunts cheek, drawing blood.

Gene was bumped across the floor, separated from Ron for a moment and she had to duck out of the way, a jet of green light blurring past her. She tried to catch a glimpse of a familiar face, only to hear a voice instead.

Her head shot up, hearing Lorelai scream and she began to run forward until a hand reached out and grabbed her. She looked up, finding Harry holding her tightly, as Hermione and Ron surrounded them, holding onto one another as a rush of wind filled her ears and they were leaving The Burrow, their family and friends, everything they knew, for who knew how long.

ÎŖĪ…ÎŊέĪ‡ÎĩΚι ΑÎŊÎŦÎŗÎŊĪ‰ĪƒÎˇĪ‚

Θι ĪƒÎąĪ‚ ÎąĪÎ­ĪƒÎĩΚ ÎĩĪ€Î¯ĪƒÎˇĪ‚

263K 7.9K 70
❝ 𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞đĨđĸđžđ¯đžđ đĨđ¨đ¯đž 𝐰𝐨𝐮đĨ𝐝 𝐛𝐞 (𝐁𝐮đĢ𝐧đĸ𝐧𝐠 đĢ𝐞𝐝), 𝐁𝐮𝐭 đĸ𝐭'đŦ 𝐠𝐨đĨ𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐋đĸ𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲đĨđĸ𝐠𝐡𝐭, đĨđĸ𝐤𝐞 īŋŊ...
716K 22.3K 45
the boy who lived plus a girl of chaos equals destruction. "what could go wrong?" "my bets on the end of the world." follow the story of harry pot...
24.9K 1K 15
𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝟏𝟏:𝟔 "𝐭𝐡𝐞đŦ𝐞 đĄđšđ¯đž 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞đĢ 𝐭𝐨 đŦ𝐡𝐮𝐭 đĄđžđšđ¯đžđ§, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 đĸ𝐭 đĢ𝐚đĸ𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐭 đĸ𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲đŦ 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡...
29.1K 1.1K 23
𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝟏𝟖:𝟐 "𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐜đĢđĸ𝐞𝐝 đĻđĸ𝐠𝐡𝐭đĸđĨ𝐲 𝐰đĸ𝐭𝐡 𝐚 đŦ𝐭đĢ𝐨𝐧𝐠 đ¯đ¨đĸ𝐜𝐞, đŦ𝐚𝐲đĸ𝐧𝐠, 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲đĨ𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠đĢ𝐞...