Re:Zero - Emotion of Pain

By Lixon99

You, Y/n, are a very special person. Perhaps that's one of the reasons you have been dragged along the way. Y... More

Chapter 1 - The Start Of The End Part 1
Chapter 2 - The Start Of The End Part 2
Chapter 3 - The Negotiation
Chapter 4 - Fight Of Flame And Blood
Chapter 5 - Lost Memory
Chapter 6 - The Right Path Part 1
Chapter 7 - The Right Path Part 2
Chapter 8 - The Fear of Death
Chapter 9 - Hero To The Rescue!
Chapter 10 - Mansion Worker
Chapter 11 - Learning Magic
Chapter 12 - Trapped
Chapter 13 - Investigation
Chapter 14 - The Chain Of Death
Chapter 15 - Starting Over Again Part 1
Chapter 16 - Starting Over Again Part 2
Chapter 17 - Rem Suspicion
Chapter 18 - Subaru's Lie
Chapter 19 - Sneaking Out
Chapter 20 - Mabeasts Attack
Chapter 21 - Rescuing Rem
Chapter 22 - Finding Rem
Chapter 23 - End of the Rescue
Chapter 24 - Smile
Chapter 25 - Return to Start Point
Chapter 26 - The Royal Meeting Part 1
Chapter 27 - The Royale Meeting Part 2
Chapter 29 - Awaken
Chapter 30 - The Light Blade
Chapter 31 - Return
Chapter 32 - The Preparation
Chapter 33 - The Arrival
Notification

Chapter 28 - Conflicts

3.5K 103 26
By Lixon99

(Third Person Pov)

Just as Y/n got ready to sleep, he heard a knock on his door. He wondered who could it be that was knocking on his door this late?

Y/n: "Coming~!"

Opening the door, he saw Subaru; his eyes were swollen. Before he could say anything to him, Subaru quickly grabbed his collar and yelled at him.

Subaru: "Y/n! You bastard!"

Sending a punch to his face, Y/n fell backward. He held the spot where Subaru hit him in pain and looked at him in confusion and anger.

Y/n: "Subaru, what the hell do you think you're doing!"

Subaru: "Shut up! So not only did you want to take the spotlight but also Emilia away from me?!"

Y/n: "What the hell are you talking about?"

He asked confused.

Subaru held a furious expression. He wasn't thinking right and looked at Y/n as if he had betrayed him.

Subaru: "Don't talk as if you don't know! You... I saw both of you together on the balcony!"

Remembering the moment he had with Emilia today, Y/n became even more confused by his friend's rash judgment.

Y/n: "Yeah, but... I originally wanted to share it with you, but she said that you were asleep, and I didn't want it to get cold, so..."

Subaru: "Lies! You're lying! I can see it on your face!"

Y/n: "Subaru, calm down-"

His voice didn't go through Subaru's head as he sent another punch after Y/n's head, which he dodged by stepping to the side.

Feeling conflicted at what he should do, all Y/n ever did was to create a wind barrier to keep his Subaru away from him.

Y/n: "Subaru, you've gone crazy! What the hell is going on in your head!"

Subaru: "You have everything that I wanted at your hand! When we first arrived here, you were the one who received the power, the one who had an unknown status! And yet... yet... All I've received was this damn curse!"

Tears started to fall from Subaru's face as Y/n watched him in shock. That was until he started to laugh crazily, scaring Y/n, whose face started to become pale.

Subaru: "But you know what? Between the two of us, I'm the one in control here! Your curse is to follow me! So if I wanted to fix the problem now... I can always do it, and you will have no choice but to follow me!"

Y/n: "..."

Subaru: "It was my power that made it so we could come this far, not yours! If it weren't for me, you would already have died a long time ago! Without me, everything would have ended on the first day! You owe me a debt that can never be paid!"

Y/n: "Subaru..."

He felt hurt by his words. But it might just be only a tip of the iceberg of what Subaru has been through. While he was the one who received this power to protect himself, Subaru got nothing. He had to work hard from zero while he had received this cheat...

Was it his fault? Maybe...

Y/n: "Hey, Subaru..."

Moving his face to look at Subaru, staring at the hateful gaze of him to himself, Y/n did something no normal person would do in that situation. Instead of looking back at him with anger and hateful glare, he looked at him calmly, a smile formed on his face.

Y/n: "I'm sorry."

Is what he said before knocking Subaru out with the wind.

Staring at the unconscious figure, Y/n looked at him. Tears started to form on his face as well, but he held it in. He couldn't afford to cry here when there could be someone coming to this room at any time.

Holding a determined expression, he took everything he could and put it in his bag. He held Subaru's unconscious figure with his wind magic and went to his room. Nobody was in the hallway; everybody was asleep.

Laying him down in the bed, Y/n wrote a message and left it at a desk. He became somewhat hesitant when he was about to leave the room, but he also remembers the promise between them.

Even if he wouldn't regard Y/n as his friend anymore, the promise will still be kept, forever and ever...

Y/n: "We've promised to support each other forever, right? So, even if you broke it, I won't break mine."

With a smile, he left.

***

The next day, the whole building was in chaos. Y/n couldn't be found anywhere. He was gone!

There was one question that everybody in there held, 'Why?' Why did he leave? Did he hate them? But what have they done wrong for him to hate them so much that he left them? He was just fine and bright yesterday!

Perhaps the most worried and confused one here was Emilia, who was one of the last people who met Y/n.

Emilia: "He held such a carefree expression, and it wasn't fake... So why did he leave?"

Puck tried to reassure that he would come back, but it didn't work as he hoped as she became even sadder that she couldn't help him when he did save her after the conflict between Subaru and herself.

Rem was sad as well as much as she was angry. Just why? She asked herself. Why did he leave so suddenly without a reason, without any notice at all?

Rosawaal was quite upset himself. Just when everything was going well, this happened. He would make sure to find him and bring him back no matter what.

Inside his room, Subaru held a note; his hands were shaken from fear. His body was sweating, some of them dropped on the mail. He held a fearful expression as he slowly opened the mail.

When he opened it, he saw a paper inside the mail, but he became hesitant to take it up. He knew that it was his fault for what happened yesterday and why Y/n left the mansion.

Gritting his teeth, Subaru gulped his salvia and took the note out. Reading it carefully, his eyes widened before he fell to his knees.

Subaru: "Y-Y/n... I-I'm sorry..."

He muttered; tears started to fall from his cheeks. His eyes became red, and snot was dangling around his nose.

"Hello, Subaru. If you're reading this message, I had already left. Since I don't have much time to write this, I would make it short, sorry.

Well, first of all, I'm sorry that I didn't think about how you feel all this time. I should have noticed. You can hate me all you want, but know that no matter how much you hate me, I will never hate you back.

Even if you broke our promise, I will not break mine. Since I'm the one who took everything away from you, even I myself wouldn't admit that I did it. Since it wasn't yours from the beginning, I will give it all to you instead.

I hope that you can grow and learn from this and maybe... In the future, we can become friends again."

***

(Y/n Pov)

It's been a few days since I have left everything behind. And sometimes, I doubted if I made the right choice. Still, I didn't think too much about it.

I was riding on an Earth Dragon that I brought with money along with a carriage. I also brought a cloak to hide myself with the coins I got from Rosawaal.

After having spent some money, I still have many left, enough to last for around three months, I think.

Now having nothing left other than a bag of coins, a mysterious object, and a carriage pulled by an Earth Dragon, I thought about my future.

Y/n: "What should I do now?"

I asked myself, noticing my Earth Dragon stared at me. It had deep purple skin and eyes. I patted its head as it purred cutely.

Somehow... I felt like my problem just vanished in seconds. Smiling to myself, I looked up at the bright stars. It was a beautiful sight.

For my destination... I think I will go to Priestella. I have heard that it was a beautiful city and that it was connected to both Lugnica and Kararagi. Who's know, maybe I will settle there or find another place in Kararagi to do so. Or maybe I won't both, haha...

Y/n: "Did I... Made the right choice leaving all of them?"

Of course, I thought about the consequence of my sudden absence. Hopefully, they would get over it soon.

Suddenly, I heard something as I quickly got up and stared around the forest with wary eyes.

Y/n: "I think we should leave now-"

Turning back, I saw that the Earth Dragon's head was missing. Blood started to pour out of its remaining corpse as I stared at it in horror.

I felt so shocked that I didn't notice something hit me from behind as I fell down painfully. Before I knew it, I blacked out.

***

(Third Person Pov)

When Y/n opened his eyes again, the first thing he saw was a hooded figure face that was way too close to his face. Staring at him without muttered a word.

Y/n: "Who-"

He was about to ask the figure who they were, but was quickly interrupted when the said figure started yelling.

???: "YES! You really are the person we have been waiting for! An Élan Vital! How wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!"

Shocked by the sudden outburst from the hooded figure, Y/n tried to move but discovered that both of his hands were bounded in a chain.

???: "The ceremony can finally begin! Yes Yes, we have been waiting for far too long, but it's going to be worth it! All of this is to the witch!"

Y/n: "The witch? You mean Satella?"

He asked them carefully. The hooded figure stopped on their track and looked at Y/n, who didn't know what kind of expression they had, but the wind was telling him that person is dangerous.

???: "No, no, no, no... Not that fraud! Agh! Not you, too! How can you call that fraud a witch?! I thought that you would understand! But don't worry! We will open your eyes today!"

Suddenly, two other hooded figures appeared out of nowhere and dragged Y/n with them. They arrived at what seemed to be a lake, but instead of water, the lake was filled with red liquid.

Y/n: 'What is this? Where am I?'

He thought to himself as he looked around. There was nothing but rock and rock. He wasn't in a forest, but a mountain?

As he looked around some more, he spotted something. A kid was being dragged away from what seemed to be her family by one of the hooded figures. The kid looked around six to eight years old.

She was dragged across the bridge, where they stopped at the edge. Then, the hooded figure pulled out a knife and pointed it at the scared girl who kept crying for help.

Y/n: "Stop!"

But his voice didn't reach them as the girl was brutally stabbed several times before she was thrown to the lake. Now he knew what the red liquid was... Blood.

Tears streamed down from his face as a horrified look appeared on his face. Then, as he thought it couldn't get worse, more and more people got dragged to the edge of the bridge where they all were brutally murdered right in front of his eyes.

He yelled and yelled for them to stop. Begging that this was all a nightmare and that he was still inside the mansion and would wake up soon, but he knew that this was the reality.

Trying to look away from the gruesome sight, he turned his head away and closed his eyes, but they didn't let him do that as they forced him to watch all of the massacres that were happening before his eyes.

???: "Hey, hey... I have something to show you."

A bloody head appeared before his eyes, making him scream from fear. It was a head of a baby, their eyes had been gouged out, blood was splattered all over their face.

???: "Brother Brother! Did you want to play with us?"

The main hooded figure tried to imitate a child's voice, making it sound creepier than usual. Y/n's body started to shake, even more, when the child's head was being rubbed against his face.

???: "I think we had enough, let's start."

The main hooded figure said and threw the head away. Before he knew it, he was pushed down to the lake as all of the hooded figures surround the lake started to chant an unknown language.

*Splash!

He fell deep into the pool of blood and closed his eyes. He begins to hear voices of those who had fallen here. The despair in their voice made his body shiver from fear and anger.

???: "Mommy, I'm scared!"

???: "Please don't kill my kids!"

???: "Brother, no!"

???: "Why... Why is this happening to us..."

All those thoughts were pouring into his mind, making him start to go crazy. He wanted it to go away, all of the voices, but no matter what he did, the voices won't leave his mind. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't escape. He was all alone now as he had left everybody behind. He was all Alone...

***

Wordcounts: 2282

Sorry if it isn't good, but I try and make some original plot for Y/n, too. Including suffering. Anyways, if you guys are pissed about Y/n not fighting Subaru back, then you may be, but Y/n is a 100% loyal friend.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 326 7
[Y/N a player LV 1 a new and unique soul sent in a new world.]
3.1K 66 13
A parachuting Canadian sniper doesn't know what he is getting into when he lands on the front lawn of a certain manor. I do not own the rights to re...
75.4K 944 12
A re:zero male reader insert To begin with, no you are not an edgy prick like Sauske, nor are you an uchiha. You just get the power mysteriously. Sub...
49K 1.7K 30
It has been roughly almost two years since Subaru had been transported to another world, and roughly around six months since his return from Vollachi...