#LITD Love in the Darkness

By shineyintoxicant

A girl holding her pride not to love someone, a girl who has just want to make a mess with the people around... More

#LITD
PROLOUGE
CHAPTER 1: SPOILED KATH
CHAPTER 2: PILIPINAS
CHAPTER 3: ADJUSTMENT
CHAPTER 4: TREASURE
CHAPTER 5: RULES AND REGULATIONS
CHAPTER 6: PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 7: HELL DAY?
CHAPTER 8: FALSE INTENT!
CHAPTER 10: I MISS PRANKS!
CHAPTER 11: CHOICE
CHAPTER 12: SHOW OFF
CHAPTER 13: TUTOR
CHAPTER 14: 'I FOUND HER'
CHAPTER 15: REVENGE
CHAPTER 16: DATE

CHAPTER 9: SETTLEMENT!

5 2 0
By shineyintoxicant

KATH's POV>

I started my new daily life for waking up early in the morning, changing my clothes to our school uniform and going to school early.

"Let's go." bungad ko kay Eljhay na nag mamadali dahil maaga ko siyang tianawag para puasok na ng school.

"P-Po? Pero hindi pa po tayo kumakain."

"Don't worry. I'll treat at the school cafeteria."

"Pero ma'am h---"

"No buts and I already told you not to call me ma'am. Call me Kath."

"Ha?"

"I'll talk to dad later." hindi na si sumagot pa ulit at pinag buksan na lang niya ako ng pinto.

I lifted up my spirits to set my good mood even I'm wearing the school uniform and trying to be nice to the people that will going around me. I'd take a deep breath thinking that I will be doing this for a month.

"Kath!" tawag sa akin ni Kara.

"Oh! Hi!" bati ko sa kanya. "Wow! you look so cool on that uniform." sambit niya at itinuro yung suot kong uniform namin pataas pababa.

"Aiist! Don't mention it." sambit ko at inakbayan na lang siya papasok sa classroom namin.

"What's with the good mood?" natatawang tanong niya. Kinindatan ko lang siya bago naupo sa upuan ko.

"Kath!" biglang tawag sa akin ng hidi ko kakilala.

"Yes?" baling ko naman sa kanya. "Oh! Hell. It's Bryan." bulong ko sa sarili ko. "What?" inis kong tanong sa kanya.

"Pinapatawag ka sa guidance office."

"What for?"

"About what happened yesterday."

"Isn't that issue closed? Hanggang ngayon yan pa rin ang problema?"

"Just go---"

"Fine!" sambit ko at padabog na tumayo at isinuot yung earpods ko. "Wag ka ng mag salita at naaalibadbaran ako sa boses mo." dagdag ko at inirapan siya.

"Am I going to?" I heard Kara asked to Bryan.

"Of course."

The three of us leave our classroom and go straight to guidance office as Bryan said. As we arrived in there, I immediately sat down on the sofa. The other which is Freya and her friend was already here and was sitting on front of me with her sharp eyes that pointed on me. I raised my eyebrow at her. What is her problem? Ganyan ba ang epekto sa kanya ng laging talo sa akin?

"Since you are here Ms. Melix, first of all I wanted to congratulate for finally wearing your school uniform before entering the University." dean told me. Is she joking right now?

"How can you treat a college student like that Mrs. Jacinto? Am I a kid to congratulate me on such a thing?"

"Wala ka talagang kahiya hiya sa budhi mo eh no?" singit naman nung Freya.

"As well as you?" agad kong sumbat sa kanya.

"What?"

"Bakit? Isn't it obvious?"

"Wha---"

"Stop it. You are both in front of us and yet you are still both criticizing! Aren't you ashamed of what are you doing right now? And you Ms. Melix, you do not want to be treated as a kid but you are obviously behaving like a kid." inirapan ko lang si Mrs. Jacinto sa dinami dami ng sinabi niya sa amin. Behaving like a kid? Oh! Come on!

"Ms. Freya. I want you to tell me what really happened yesterday." utos ni Mrs. Jacinto. Woooaaah! Siya talaga?

"Why her? Kami yung sinugod niya yesterday, yung ginawa namin sa kanila is just a self defense." paliwanag ko.

"Stop it Ms. Melix, hindi ikaw yung tinatanong ko."

"Come on Mrs. Ja---"

"I told you to stop." waaah! She's being brave right now ha?

"This is fair---"

"Pwede ba ikaw? Tumigal ka muna kakadada ha? Pwede? Ako nga ang tinatanong diba?"

"Yeah! Ikaw ang tinatanong. What can we do right? Well, alam naman na nating dalawa na gagawan mo na lang yan ng sarili mog kwento since ikaw na yung tinanong right?"

"Who knows." sagot niya, na siyang mas lalong kinainis ko. "That crazy woman...." nanlaki yung mga mata ko sa sinabi niya. Crazy Woman?!

"Watch you words Ms. Freya."

"Sorry." paumanhin niya. Nko kung wala lang kami dito kanina a yan nakalbo. "Kath just instructed Kara to bet us up."

"No I didn't!" sigaw ko.

"Really you didn't? You even threatened our life." napapikit ako. Urrgghh! This is really annoying, this makes me annoyed even more.

"What?"

"She told to Kara that if Kara can't beat us up, siya na lang daw ang papatay sa amin." pag susumbong niya. Tinignan ko siya ng masama.

"What kind of a person are you Ms. Melix to cursed the life of the others?"

"Did she die? I don't even touch her."

"Yes, but to think na pinag bantaan mo sila is so wrong."

"So? What do you want me to do then?"

"Ikaw Ms. Melix? Ano dapat ang gawin mo?" nagkibit balikat lang ako. "Say sorry."

"No way!" sambit ko at natawa. "I will never! Ever! Going to say sorry! Sila ang unang lumapit sa amin to annoy us, and beside I am not feeling sorry at all. Wala akong ginawa sa kanya, I just told Kara na siya na ang bahala sa kanila but I didn't told her to beat them up. She's alive even I threatened their lives so I am not going to say sorry."

"Wha---"

"I'm saying sorry to them? Why? They are the one who came to us para ano? Inisin kami right? Eh! Nakikita ko nga yan na nakikipag basag ulo sa kung sang saang sulok ng school na ito eh!" sambit ko sabay turo kay Freya. "But nothing is happening, she didn't even get a right punishment to learn her lesson, she's beating some student, eh ako? It is just my word, I didn't even touch her and yet? I am going to say sorry?" mahabang reklamo ko.

"Because you were caught doi---"

"Nahuli man o hindi the regulations is still the regulations." I said. "That guy!" turo ko kay Bryan. "He is the one who came to me to annoy me yesterday hindi ako nag sumbong right? And next Freya and her friend para ano? Maghanap ng gulo? Hindi ako naki alam, yes, I really instruct Kara what to do pero wala akong sinabing gawin niya, Kara acted on her own so why am I being the who say's sorry here?"

"Bryan?"

"Well, dean, I just wanted to be her frie---"

"But I don't want too right? Alam mo bang pwede pa kitang kasuhan on what you did? " agad kong sagot. "Did you know that the act of annoying someone is a crime? It is under Article 287 of the Revised Penal code or the Article 287 Light Coercion's if you didn't know. What? Do you me to further explain it you?" tanong ko sa kanya? Nakita ko siyang napalunok, humalukipkip naman ako bago ako nag salita ulit.

"The act of annoying someone is called unjust vexation and considered a form of light coercion punishable under Article 287 of the Revised Penal Code, to wit: "Art. 287. Light coercion's. Any person who, by means of violence, shall seize anything belonging to his debtor for the purpose of applying the same to the payment of the debt, shall suffer the penalty of arresto mayor in its minimum period and a fine equivalent to the value of the thing, but in no case less than 75 pesos." Any other coercion's or unjust vexations shall be punished by arresto menor or a fine ranging from One Thousand Pesos (P1,000.00) to not more than Forty Thousand (P40,000.00), or both. Consequently, unjust vexation is punishable by imprisonment ranging from 1 day to 30 days and/or a fine of P1,000.00 to P40,000.00.So I will going to ask you, all of you, am I the who is being sorry here? Or should I just sue them? What do you think dean?" baling kong tanong kay Mrs. Jacinto.

"Ahh! Well, Ms. Melix --" Is this going to be reported to dad? Holy crap! Cut it off Kath! You are earning his trust right now. Don't make him disappointed even if it is just a show. But I am on the right? Pero kahit na, ako man ang mali o tama para kay daddy mali pa rin ako kasi ako yung bully? Aiiist! Bakit kasi may pagka baluktot yung utak ng daddy ko?

"But okay. Fine! I'm sorry." I said with no emotion.

"Sorry for what?" tanong ni Mrs. Jacinto. Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. ugh! Gusto isa isahin pa? Ma'am nilubos mo na. Nagpakumbaba na nga't lahat lahat sasagarin pa ako.

"For everything that I did wrong. Happy?" sambit ko sabay irap sa kawalan.

"Are you sure you are sorry Ms. Melix?" waaah? This is driving me crazy.

"How many times I told you that I am not the who's sorry here? But Yah! Because I wanted to act like an adult one here, yah! I'm sorry."

"Sorry as if eh! Napaka maldita mo eh." Freya siad. Wow! Ako maldita? In what way? What I did to her? Eh! sa lahat naman ng away namin siya ang nauuna diba? How come na ako pa naging maldita sa aming dalawa?

"Are y----" susumbatan ko na sana ulit siya pero napapikit ako at pinigilan ang sarili ko. "Look I am trying my best here kahit hindi ako dapat ang mag sorry I said sorry right? Just leave it all now here okay? I doing this para matapos na at maging maayos na for the sake and for the rest of the days that I will be staying here so please, let's just make things clear now."

"oohhhh! Tha---"

"Stop it Ms. Freya. Ms. Melix already want it to be settled, makipag ayos ka na rin para wala ng marami pang usapan dito. You two are both matured now. So please act like one." pangaral sa amin ni Mrs. Jacinto. Nag kibit balikat na lang ako bago tumayo.

"I finished my part, I already say sorry and I want it to be settled, it is up to the both of them if they are going to accept it or not." sambit ko bago bumaling kay Mrs. Jacinto. "I'll get going now Mrs. Jacinto. Our class will going to start." sambit ko, hindi ko na siya hinintay na magsalita pa at lumabas na ng office niya. Sumunod naman na sa akin si Kara.

"Waaah! That was so cool!" sambit niya. Nag apir lang kaming dalawa before I put my arm around her neck.

"You found it cool?"

"Hmm. Of course. Lalo na sa part na law? Waah! Pano mo alam yun?" tanong niya sa akin.

"Well," sambit ko at isinuot sa kanya yung isang earpods ko at ipinarinig sa kanya yung about sa law of annoying. I got a script. HAHAHAHA.

"Did you know that the act of annoying someone is a crime? The act of annoying someone is called unjust vexation and considered a form of light coercion punishable under Article 287 of the Revised Penal Code, to wit: "Art. 287. Light coercion's. — Any person who, by means of violence, shall seize anything belonging to his debtor for the purpose of applying the same to the payment of the debt, shall suffer the penalty of arresto mayor in its minimum period and a fine equivalent to the value of the thing, but in no case less than 75 pesos. Any other coercion's or unjust vexations shall be punished by arresto menor or a fine ranging from One Thousand Pesos (P1,000.00) to not more than Forty Thousand (P40,000.00), or both.Consequently, unjust vexation is punishable by imprisonment ranging from 1 day to 30 days and/or a fine of P1,000.00 to P40,000.00." natawa kaming dalawa.

"Kakaiba ka talaga!" sambit niya at natawa ulit kaming dalawa.

"But are you really just say sorry to them? Like, that is not you Kath!" napatingin ako sa kanya. Wow ah! So am I really a total jerk for her na hindi kapani paniwala na nag sorry ako? "Are you really being nice? Why? Bakit? What kind of food did you eat that set you up in the good mood since morning at naka pang school uniform ka pa ha? And now? You are being sorry and first to settled that thing. Woooaah!" ang daldal niya pramis! -_-

"Let's cut." pag-aya ko na lang sa kanya.

"Let's go!" masayang sambit naman niya at agad kaming yumuko patakbo papunta sa exit ng school.

But someone suddenly popped up in front of us. Unti unting kaming umayos ng tayo. At nanlaki yung mga mata ko when I saw Eljhay in front of us.

"San kayo pupunta, kasalukuy---"

"Ahh!" sambit ko at kunwaring natatawa. "Eljhay!" dagdag ko pa at inakbayan siya. "Mag C-CR lang kami. Ikaw?" palusot ko.

"CR? Eh! Exit ito eh! Dun ang CR." sambit niya at inginuso yung papuntang Ladies CR.

"Ah! I told you Kara dun yun!" palusot ko at hinila na si Kara bago tumakbo palayo sa kanya.

"Bakit?" biglang tanong ni Kara.

"Ha?" sambit kong hingal na hingal dahil sa pagtakbo namin.

"Bakit ka tumakbo palayo sa kanya? Are bossing him around diba?"

"Tss. Yah! I'm bossing him around but not here at school. I need to have a good record here for at least a month."

"Why?"

"I just need to, I want to go back where I really am."

"Hmm?"

"It is just all for a show."

"Show? Hey! What do you mean?"

"I don't want what kind of life I have right now so I need to act up." nakanganga lang siya, halatang hindi niya naiintindihan yung mga sinasabi ko.

Suminghal na muna ako before I exhaled.

"All of this..." sambit ko sabay turo sa suot ko. "Me being sorry to them, me being good, this is all just an act, it's all fake." paliwanag ko.

"What about Eljhay? What's with the act?"

"Eljhay is dad trusted the most, kung nag sumbong yan patay ako so I need to act up, lalo na sa harap niya, I need to earn his trust para wala siyang masabi kay dad, and for dad get me out of here." tinaasan lang niya ako ng kilay. "I just needed Eljhay to cover me up, that's all nothing more."

"That was rare, like you know? You doing that kind of things. Acting as a good one when you're really not." -_- so? What do you wanna mean by that Kara? A totally that kind of a bad person huh?

"What about me?"

"What? What about you?"

"Ang sabi mo pwede na tayong mag kaibigan, fake din ba yun?"

"Aiist!" singhal ko na lang sa kanya at inakbayan na ulit siya, bago naglakad kung saan man kami pupunta.

Hindi ako naka sagot kasi ako mismo hindi ko alam. I don't know how to trust anyone again to be my friend. Rio and Patricia? I don't think they are really my friends.

Yes, I know, napaka immature, napaka childish ng reason ko para pagbasehan yun if they are being true friend to me. Hindi ko din naman kasi masisisi ang sarili ko because I am being bothered about it. I am disappointed and most of all I was hurt. But wait? Like huh? I was disappointed and hurt dahil hindi na nila ako sinamahan, sa shit ko the last time I invited them? Yun ba yun? Aaahhh! Napailing ako sa naisip ko. Eww! I was really being childish.

"Let's not cut for now."

"Hmm? Bakit?"

"Bumalik ka na lang muna sa room. I just need to call someone." sambit ko at patakbong umalis at iniwan na siya doon.

"Huh? Kath! Sandali!" habol pa niyang sigaw sa akin pero hindi ko na siya nilingon ulit.

I opened my phone at agad napunta sa group chat naming tatlo nina Rio at Patricia. I remove our group chat from my Ignore messages.

"Hi! Kath! Did you safely arrived from Philippines?"

"Take care always Kath, we will miss you! *kisses*"

"How are you Kath?"

"How's the Philippines Kath?"

"Kath?"

"Is there something wrong Kath?"

"Kath! It's been a week but still you didn't response to us."

"What are you up now Kath?"

"Kath are you busy?"

"Kath we missed you already. Call us as soon as you read our messages.. :-("

"Kath? :-("

I stopped reading there messages at tinawagan ko na lang agad sila.

"OMG KATH!" agad na bungad nilang dalawa pag kasagot nila. As I expected they are together. I guess they are both in school? Or somewhere else.

"Ya! Bakit ngayon ka lang tumawag?"

"Kath what happened?" I was going to cry when I saw them, when I saw there excitement when they see me, the joy in there eyes, yung pagkasabik na makausap ako. Ramdam ko. That moment, I realize that they are being true to me. I realize that I was wrong.

Ako lang yung nag bigay ng malisya sa hindi nila pag sama sa akin last time, they are just being careful, I was guilty.

"Ya! Why are you not talking? We miss you Kath! Say something!"

"Oo nga! Okay naman tayo before ka nag flight ng Pilipinas ah! But right after that wala na kaming balita sayo, hindi ka din nag me-message sa amin."

"Yeah! Rio was right. We are also trying to talk to your dad para kamustahin ka pero baka mas lumalala pa ang sitwasyon mo kapag ginawa namin yun. And one more thing, takot kami sa daddy mo since she grounded you at pinapunta ng Pilipinas."

"Hmm."

"I'm sorry." sagot ko. I was ashamed, nahihiya ako sa kanila like, I tortured them like they said they are worried about me, they are being worried about me about nothing.

"Hmm? Why? Why are you sorry?" Rio asked me.

"Kath? Is there something wrong?"

"I'm sorry." ulit ko.

"Kath why? Are you having a hard time?" tanong nila sa akin. Umiling lang naman ako bilang sagot sa kanila.

"Then why are you sorry?"

"Hey! Why are you being sorry Kath? What for?"

"I'm sorry because I purposely ignored the both of you. I ignore your messages, and I made you worried about me. I'm so---" sagot ko pero hindi na nila ako pinatapos sa pagsasalita ko.

"WHAT?!" sabay nilang sigaw at talagang napalapit pa talaga sila sa screen ng phone nila.

"Ya! Why did you do that crazy thing Kath?"

"I wanna kill you Kath! I wanna kill you right now!" nanggigigil na sambit ni Rio.

"You are being unfair! We are waiting for---"

"I know. I know. That's why I am sorry."

"You are acting like a kid again Kath!"

"Mwo?" (What?) "How did you do it? Did you just put us on ignore messages huh? Ignore group chat like that huh?" Rio asked me. Unti unti akong tumango sa kanila.

"Wa! Daebak!" (Wow! Amazing!) "You really are unbelievable Kath! I swear!" Patricia said.

"Ya! Kathryn Monique Melix! I am really going to kill you now!" napaka hard talaga niting Rio nato when it comes like this. tss.

"I told you I was sorry."

"Sorry is not enough for our worries Kathryn Monique. Wait for us, and I'm gonna kill you!"

"Tss. As if!" sambit ko.

"As if? As if? Do you really want to ha?"

"KATHRYN MONIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!" sigaw niya as well as rinig ko ding may tumawag ng pangalan ko sa may likod ko. "YAAAAAAAAAAA!" someone shouted at me behind my back. Unti unti kong ibinababa yung cellphone ko at humarap sa likod ko. Sunod na lang na nangyari ay, I was being attacked with someone. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 10.8K 60
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
136K 5.7K 101
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
177K 3.7K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...