you're perfect!! | nekoma x...

By kazuhsushi

[ hiatus ] ❝they call her the angel manager of nekoma...so she's perfect alright...❞ Desperate for a boyfrien... More

chap. 1 || gym
chap. 2 || club
chap. 3 || offer
chap. 4 || welcome
chap. 5 || karasuno
chap. 6 || training camp
chap. 7 || crushes
chap. 8 || close
chap. 9 || before
chap. 10 || quiet
chap. 11 || favor
chap. 12 || missing
chap. 13 || cute
chap. 14 || scary legends
chap. 15 || shoujou
chap. 16 || stargaze
chap. 17 || friend
chap. 18 || accident
chap. 19 || comfortable
chap. 20 || almost
chap. 21 || barbecue
chap. 22 || flower
chap. 23 || new
chap. 24 || number
chap. 25 || rice
chap. 26 || slumber
chap. 27 || sisters
chap. 28 || another
chap. 29 || buddy
chap. 30 || spider
chap. 31 || home
chap. 32 || earphones
chap. 33 || melody
chap. 34 || bet
chap. 35 || alright
headcanon | how they kiss you <3
chap. 37 || i win
chap. 38 || vacation
headcanon | you with them in shoujo panels <3
chap. 39 || lake
chap. 40 || fireflies
headcanon | theme songs with them <3
chap. 41 || arcade
chap. 42 || winner
chap. 43 || name
headcanon | cuddles with the nekoma boys! <3
chap. 44 || lights
chap. 45 || date
headcanon | their love languages <33
chap. 46 || spotted
chap. 47 || likes
headcanon | valentines dates <33

chap. 36 || thunder

10.7K 523 1.3K
By kazuhsushi

AN: Happy birthday to our bby Lev 🥳💗
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After escaping through the cold and heavy rain outside...

You and Teshiro both ran straight to the infirmary room while the others had their little snack in the cafeteria. Teshiro tried cooing the injured animal down from crying too loudly when you two passed through inside the gym first. And surprisingly, he was smart enough to make the noises stop.

He was gentle towards animals. And that made you very soft about him.

Opening the infirmary with the borrowed key you had asked from Naoi earlier, you quickly pushed the door open and ran over to the white shelf while Teshiro took the cat over to the white table, not without placing a soft cloth on top.

"I know the bandages are here somewhere- ah...!" You exclaimed in surprise. Teshiro looked at you as he slowly pet the cat. "What happened?"

"I found it...! I found the bandages...!" You yelled at Teshiro, happily, tipping your feet up to reach the pack of bandage that was sitting still on top of the shelf. But of course, life happens, and your fingers couldn't reach one touch at the item. Not even once.

You pouted. "C'mon....almost there...!" You groaned, trying to reach the bandage on top of the shelf. You hated yourself for being short. And the fact that you're the manager of a team filled with good looking boys that are taller than you.

Can't say less for the liberos and Kenma, though. Because Masanori was taller than the three boys mentioned. The new female manager was 170cm tall. And here you are stuck in 5 feet. Sucks. (an: if you're tall in real life then don't say it cuz I'm 4 feet tall :,) and I'm senSITIVE, auBREY)

So, an idea popped out of your head. Tipping your feet back to the ground, you made a plan to jump and grab the bandage up from the tall white shelf. You turned to Teshiro for a brief second to see if he was knowing on what you were about to do. No, he was too distracted calming the cat down. So this was your chance.

Preparing launch to grab the bandages up, your feet both in stances and then...you jumped as high as you can.

With just a hop, your hand made contact with the bandage on top on flash, making you smile widely and your eyes shining in success. "I got it...!" you exclaimed as your hand grabbed into one of the shelf's planks to hold on as you looked at the bandage. Quickly with your solid e/c pupils, you turned to Teshiro and waved the bandage at him.

"Tamahiko-Kun! Look! I got the-

"Oi! L/n, watch out!"

You were astonished by Teshiro's sudden burst. However, before a word could slip out of your mouth, you felt like the shelf you were holding onto began to push down from in front of you, making you shriek in fear. The weight of the white shelf you were holding onto was substantial, so jumping off wouldn't be quite easy for you to do so including if you were holding onto the shelf.

As you shut your eyes for impact, you felt a strong hand landed behind on your back as both of your hands laid on top of your chest and eyes still closed tight.

There was no sound of cabinet falling down on top of you nor your skull crushing down into bits of pieces, just the sound of a few items falling off from that particular shelf. That thought was just joking around you now apparently.

"Are you ok?" You heard a voice ask.

When you opened your eyes, you were met with the shelf holding on in front of you, almost an inch close to your forehead and your back stood up still by a hand. When you looked to your right, Teshiro was right there, his hand about to reach you with his eyes staring right to your left side. He looked shocked.

Who wouldn't? A shelf almost collapsed at you and here you thought you were going to die in a second because of a furniture? Still, it's going to damage nurse office property, too.

But wait...If Teshiro was there at the side...then who was holding the shelf and you at the same time...?

Slowly, you turned your head, and there he is. Akaashi was there, left hand holding onto the shelf and his right to your back. You quickly let out a sigh of relief. Although in a seconds, your eyes went wide.

Wait a sec...

AKAASHI IS HOLDING YOU.

You felt like a quick gust of crimson rose over your whole body as your stammering mouth agape was audible enough for them to hear. Your eyes were white and your hands were both shaking like crazy. It was like you were about to blow the color red out of yourself.

Your brain was screaming 'holy shit' all and all over again like it was a broken record.

'OH MY GOD AKAASHI IS HOLDING ME, OH MY GOD AKAASHI IS LOOKING AT ME, OH MY GOD AKAASHI SAVED ME, OH MY GOD AKAASHI IS SO GOOD LOOKING.'

You were like a tomato at this point, Akashi was just staring at you like the goddess, half prince he is. You almost felt like a dream in this state, and yet Teshiro was just staring at you two like he had run into something unexpected from the case you three were in now.

Akaashi's beautiful gunmetal colored eyes pierced through yours like a needle, it made your heart beat 15x faster than ever. He like an angel staring right at you. For a few seconds, Akaashi turned his attention to you in worry.

"Hey...are...are you ok?"

You quickly fixed your posture with your face still burning like fire as you heard him speak. "YES! I MEAN- NO! I MEAN- YES! ACTUALLY NO- WAIT, YES!" You replied in a quick pace, chasing Akaashi to sweatdrop in question.

"Which one is it?"

"Are you two alright??" Teshiro jumps in as he ran towards you and Akaashi. Akaashi nods. Without leaving a single dust, Teshiro quickly helped Akaashi in pushing the shelf back up carefully until it reached its final and original place. You were still shaking in place though.

You couldn't believe Akaashi touched and also saved your life. Like—was this a dream? Or did you actually die and now you're in heaven right now seeing things?

Slapping yourself, you stood up, still shaking from the ground until your feet made its proper posture to stand without tripping down because of embarrassment. Instead, you quickly helped the two in arranging back the other stuff that fell along with you in the shelf.

Calm. You have to calm yourself down and not have a full heart attack right now and right here. It was going to be another disaster if you did. "I-I'm really sorry about this...!!" you apologized to the two, bowing to them non stop. Teshiro tried calming you down while Akaashi did the same.

"Oh no...it's alright. You don't need to apologize....umm...L/n...was it?" He asks with his gentle and smooth tone in voice. Oh god, theres a volcano inside you.

His voice was just something. It was so soothing that you felt like you were going to vomit out butterflies.

"Y-Yes!" You stuttered. "L-L/n F/n is my name, sir!"

"Uhh...Y-You don't have to call me sir..." Akaashi reassures. Teshiro smiled a little at the background. You were acting real strange right now. He hasn't seen you in this very and socially awkward state before.

"O-Oh...! O-ok...sorry..." you replied back to Akaashi's statement. Akaashi rose a hand, looking like a stop signal. "You don't have to apologize, it's alright. You can stop saying sorry now, L/n..."

"Oh....sorry..." you whispered.

Akaashi let out an angelic laugh.

Holy shit he laughed.

You felt like heaven was shining down upon on you and Teshiro. Even the new setter was mesmerized by him. Finally, your life had been completed in silence.

After his laughter stopped, Akaashi turned to the both of you and uttered, "Anyways, what are you two doing here? Is any one of you hurt?"

You and Teshiro both exchanged glances before flapping your left hands as the two of you shook your heads. "Nope...! Not at all, Akaashi-San...!"

"Then why are you two here?" Akaashi repeated his question again, this time in a more serious tone. Though his serious tone was hot. You weren't gonna lie to yourself. Stepping up in front, Teshiro answers very confidently that you two were here to heal an injured cat that you found outside during the rain.

As Teshiro said that, you can spot Akaashi's eyes widening a little in surprise. "A cat? You mean the cat that just ran outside earlier?"

"EH!?"

In a flash, you and Teshiro both looked at the table where the injured animal was last seen, and Akaashi was right. The cat wasn't there. It ran out of the infirmary.

You began to panic.

"Oh no...! It might piss all over the school!" You muttered to yourself while Teshiro was patting your shoulders. "Don't panic, L/n. We'll find that cat in no time. Look, it's still 4pm in the afternoon and the rain's still pouring. We have probably about...30 more minutes until practice starts."

"Do you two want me to help?" Akaashi questions with concern. You looked at Teshiro all puppy eyed but this male didn't notice you at all. "It's fine. Me and L/n dragged you into this mess anyways, so you can go ahead now. Also, thank you for helping me and L/n." Teshiro says as he bows towards Akaashi.

You were screaming inside the entire time. 'I WANTED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT AKAASHI!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU LET HIM STAY???'

"Oh is that so? I'll see you two around, then later after practice. Be careful next time, ok?" Akaashi reminded the both of you with you two returning with a nod in response before running out completely in the school hallway.

You and Teshiro decided to take separate ways to try and look for the injured cat who escaped the infirmary. Teshiro took the left, and you took the right route of the hallway, trying your best to look for the cat until something bad might happen. Like last time.

It felt like forever just by looking for the cat. And you grew even more worried because you couldn't just leave that poor creature alone, wandering around the school with an injured leg. Badly, it might be fractured.

You sighed. You were already standing on top of the 3rd floor but still no progress in finding the cat. It was impossible. The cat might've also ran away while you three were pushing the shelf back up. And here you are starting to think it was your fault.

Heading back down to the infirmary to see if Teshiro was back there, waiting for you like as planned, you slowly slid the door open, only to find Nobuyuki sitting on one of the chairs, holding a sleeping cat in his arms.

It was the cat you and Teshiro were looking for.

He seemed to have noticed you because of your sudden presence at the door, and greeted you. "Hello, L/n. Is there something you need?" He asks with his saint-like smile, his hand petting the cat's fur gently.

You jumped a little in surprise and you and awkwardly waved at him. "H-Hello, Nobuyuki-Senpai...! Err...there's nothing much that I need, it's that-

"You and Tamahiko-Kun were looking for this cat, am I right?" He cuts you off, now fully showing you the purring animal. Your eyes sparkled in relief as you clasped both of your hands together. "Nobuyuki-Senpai...!" You said, stars and a pink background fluttering around you.

"And also, it's fine now. I had finished putting a bandage around this little fellow, so her leg is going to be alright," The third year vice captain asks while slowly placing the cat down on top of the white cloth Teshiro had put on earlier. "You and Teshiro were trying to help this guy. You two are very kind."

"Ah...! Thank you...! But, we kind lost her on our way to bandage her up...hehe..." you replied, scratching the back of your head as you chuckled. Nobuyuki doing as well.

There was a brief of silence between the both of you, no noises, just the sound of rain pouring outside while you just stood by the door, and Nobuyuki admiring the weather outside. It was awkward. Including that you're just standing there with a third year. And the vice captain of the team which you rarely talk to.

Not wanting to let the silence take over, you cleared you throat, and looked around the room, both of your hands behind your back. "The rain is pouring like crazy..."

"Right. It's really unexpected to rain at a time like this..." Nobuyuki replies. Another seconds of silence, and the third year looks at you with a small smile, his hand patting down at the other chair next to him. "Hey, you can take a seat here."

"Oh, alright...thank you..." you muttered shyly as you walked towards the male and sat beside him. It was comfortable. The aura was comfortable. Just watching the heavy rain with Nobuyuki was comfortable.

Probably everything about this man was comfortable. He was just so calm all the time, it was making you envy because of his chillness. As the rain poured heavier, you can hear a faint clap of thunder in the background, making the scenery even more scarier than before.

You rubbed your shoulders together in fear. "I-I hear thunder..." you shakily breathed out, causing Nobuyuki to turn to you. "Eh? L/n, you're afraid of thunders?"

"N-Not really..." you replied, eyes darting downwards. You lied. You were hella afraid of thunders. Just by listening to them can cause you not to sleep for the whole night. One of the reasons why your mother bought you headphones.

When the thunder continued to appear, you shivered. "Where's Tamahiko-Kun? Is he still looking for the cat?"

"He probably still is...wait here, I'll go look for him..." Nobuyuki states, standing up from his seat and prepared to leave through the door. You also stop up, suddenly stopping him, "N-Nobuyuki-Senpai...! Wait...! Are you sure you can look for him on your own??" You asked, disquieted.

Nobuyuki nods. "I'll be fine. Don't worry about me."

"But-

BOOM! A loud clap of thunder roared.

You found yourself quickly pulling Nobuyuki close to a hug...your face burying into his shirt that you clutched tight.

Everything was almost in slow motion. It was beautiful. The loud lightning that clapped outside was a perfect capture to the moment. Even the sleeping animal was awoken by the thunder.

Your eyes went wide.

What...did you just do...?

Realizing what you just did, you hastened, backing away from Nobuyuki as quick as possible. Your cheeks once again rosy, and your hands clutched to your chest. Nobuyuki had the same reaction. Though, his hands were both raised up a bit.

You sheepishly looked the other side of the clear white tiled floor of the room, reflected by the raindrops through the window as the silence was kept by the drops of falling water outside. You tried to let the words out of your mouth, but the knot inside your throat kept you from saying anything at all.

"Uhhh...! S-sorry...about that..." you uttered in silence, shyly fiddling with your thumbs. Nobuyuki was still looking at you in astonishment. You felt a tingle inside your bone.

'Shit...did I broke him...?' You thought to yourself, brain trying its best to function of what literally happened.

However, not on single word flew out of your mouth, you heard laughter coming in front of you. Nobuyuki. Nobuyuki was laughing. You blushed in embarrassment, hiding it with both of you hands covering your face.

"Ahahahaha...!" He chuckled out. You felt even more awkward. And the fact that he was laughing at you even made it more worse for your bashfulness. You hid your face behind your hands more, but Nobuyuki gently pulled them away. He smiled.

"Hey, don't be shy. It's ok, you're afraid of thunder. But hugging me was very unexpected, you know?"

When he said that you blushed even deeper. "I-I'M REALLY SORRY...!!"

"Ahh..! It's alright! You don't need to feel embarrassed! Plus! If you're scared or even shocked at one thing, there are these things that you didn't really mean to do...!" Your senpai explained, waving his hands around to calm you down.

Letting go of his grip, Kai sent you a close eyed smile. You can even feel the gentleness coming from him. He had both of his arms behind his back, and he immediately questioned:

"What do you usually do if you're alone and a thunderstorm was coming?"

"Eh...I would mostly have my headphones on while hugging my bodypi- I mean, my pillows."

"I see...Well, from now on, if you heard a thunder, you can always ask me for hug."

"You didn't hear anything, you didn't hear anything..." Teshiro mumbles to himself all over again, as he hid behind the wall next to the infirmary, listening to you and Nobuyuki's conversation through the rain.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
6:34pm

"SHIMIZU-SENPAI- GOT WHAT!???"

Yachi and Kiyoko had to cover their ears from your screaming.

Basically, what was happening now, is that you and the other lady managers were all preparing dinner while the others were still training on court. And while the other managers were on the other side of the school kitchen, stirring up the extra pots, you, Yachi, and Kiyoko were all chopping down the vegetables.

And then, Yachi told you that the reason why Kiyoko felt uncomfortable earlier when you let her brought out the name 'Johzenji,' was because-

"SOMEONE STOPPED HER TRACKS AND ASKED FOR HER NUMBER OUT IN RANDOM?!!!" You yelled, obviously pissed and shocked.

"Shhhh....!! Please don't say it out so loud...!" Yachi says, a finger placed on her lips. Kiyoko was doing the same, and both were worried for you next action.

Well, they weren't wrong when the two grew concerned about your next move, because you quickly pretended that you were wearing a long sleeve shirt, and rolled your sleeves up with a fury aura surrounding you.

"TELL ME THAT GUY'S NAME!! I'M GOING TO WHOOP HIS FLIRTY ASS!!" You said, making Yachi and Kiyoko's eyes wide from your immediate personality change.

Yachi nervously waved her hands around. "C-Calm down, F/n...!"

"Y-Yeah! It's alright! It wasn't like they did anything else...!" Kiyoko jumped in. You pumped your fist up, "Don't worry, Senpai! I practice judo and karate for 4 years...! I can take someone like him...!" You exclaimed, a brave smile showing on your face.

To be exact, yes, Kiyoko was pretty. Not just pretty, but beautiful. Although, she wasn't meant to be treated in that way. That just made you disgusted a little of how there are many type of men that do this.

And now due to her story, you started to feel anxious to let Kiyoko leave on her own.

Anyways, after dinner was prepared, you noticed that the other members of your team were missing. Kuroo was an exception of course, his usual practices with the Fukurodani captain, the good looking setter, and the tall and also good looking blonde.

Yamamoto was sitting with Kai and Nobuyuki along with Fukunaga and Kenma. And...

Shibayama was missing.

You quickly walked over to Lev, Teshiro, and  Inuoka's table, carefully carrying the plate you were holding filled with food. "Hey, you guys..." you started, looking at the three Nekoma 1st years. Lev greeted you first, his cheeks puffy like an air balloon. "Hewwo, L/n...!"

"Hello...!"

"Hello...!" You greeted back. "Have you guys seen Shibayama-Kun around? I'm starting to feel like he hasn't eaten, yet..." you told the three siting on the table. Teshiro, Lev, and Inuoka all exchanged glances, their faces leaving question marks as a response.

Until Yaku overheard the conversation. "Shibayama went out. I told him to eat dinner earlier but he said that he wasn't in the mood...!" He yelled, loudly enough for you to hear. You gave Yaku a smile before nodding your head. "Ah, I see. Thank you, Yaku-San!" And just like that, you handed Masanori the plates you were holding just for a moment, and headed out of the cafeteria room.

It was dark. And cold. The rain had already stopped, but it was freezing outside. And it was still summer. Taking steps on the cold breeze made you felt like you were walking on air. It was an amazing feeling.

You walked behind the school complex, desperately trying to find Shibayama anywhere in the school area, and thank goodness that you found him next to the vending machine area. He was crouching down next to the machine. You quickly ran towards the male.

"Shibayama-Kun...!" You called him out whilst waving you hand up. You saw the boy flinch, and turn to you with a weak wave. "H-Hey..." he breathed out gently. You rose a brow at this. He looked awfully...tired.

"Shibayama, are you ok?" You asked him. He nodded his head. "Y-Yeah...I'm just...not in the mood right now..." he responded in a weak tone, his arm hugging his knees. That's when he sneezed.

"Bless you..."

"Sorry..."

"Shibayama, are you sure you're ok? Dinner's already prepared by me and the other managers..." you told him, now also crouching down to his side. He smiled at you, showing no signs of disturbance. "I-I'm fine, really...! I just need to think fo something right now...that's all..." he replies before looking back down.

Sighing for the 100th time of the day, you instantly grabbed the towel that was hanging from his neck, and pulled him close to you, making him jump. "L-L-L-L/n??? W-What are you doing!??" He questions, voice cutting off a little like a whimper.

You quickly landed your palm on his forehead, eyes staring at him with a small tint of pink dust spread on both of your cheeks.

Yup, Shibayama was heating up.

You felt his hair rise up from his skin when he saw your face turn to worry, to seriously concerned.

"Shibayama-Kun, do you have a fever???" You asked as you clasped your hands with his.

an: i keep hearing rumors that Kuroo has a crush on Alisa lmao 😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 120 44
''𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞.'' •°. *࿐When Y/n goes to Nekoma for high school, she thought she'd have a normal life, in the back of the...
28.8K 656 16
As a volleyball lover, you joined Karasuno's volleyball team as their third manager. Soon enough, you follow them to the summer vacation training cam...
467K 12.6K 51
Y/n wasn't excepting this to happen... Becoming one of the manager of the Karasuno's volleyball team and dealing with a past crush. her life really...
221K 10.8K 61
Kozume Kenma has recently uprooted to the Nerima Ward in Tokyo. School isn't easy, he can't seem to concentrate or shake off the attention of some ea...