My Hero Academia: Aizawa's da...

By Dissecting_Stein

This is a Bakugo x Depressed/Suicidal! O/C. This is also my first x O/C and my second story. I might change t... More

Prologue: Their Childhood
Chapter 1: (Part 1) The Incident
Chapter 2: (Part 2) The Incident (Her freedom)
Happy Halloween!! (A/N)
Chapter 3: The Meeting of Old Friends (and Some Family)
Chapter 4: Will the Torture Ever End?
Chapter 5: Training for UA High
Chapter 6: Entrance Exam
Chapter 7: UA Exam Results
Chapter 8: First Day at UA
Chapter 9: Mock Battles
Chapter 10: Unforeseen Simulation Joint
Chapter 11: USJ Attack
Chapter 12: End of USJ Attack (Also aftermath)
Chapter 13: Sports Festival
Chapter 14: Codenames for Upcoming Heroes
New Book (A/N)
Chapter 15: Starting Internships
A/N: Thank You!
Chapter 16: Hero Killer Stain
Chapter 17: Start of Finals
Chapter 18: Summer Starts
Chapter 19: Training Camp
Chapter 20: Familiar Scenery?
A/N: Boom Boom Boi Birthday
Chapter 21: Intro to Work Studies
Chapter 22: Interesting First Day
A/N: I got tagged
A/N: I thought this needed to exist
Drawing competition ig
Chapter 23: Gaining What Was Lost
Chapter 24: From Fun Times, to Bad Times
Chapter 25: Missing You
Chapter 27: Hospital Visit
Chapter 28: Going Home
Abby's Birthday Oneshot
Solid Question (A/N)
Chapter 29: A Concert?
Chapter 30: School Festival

Chapter 26: Waking Up

289 14 9
By Dissecting_Stein

Keep in mind I've never been in a coma so some of these may not be true, so please correct me if I say something wrong.

Warning: This chapter contains swearing.

Abby POV

It was dark. I couldn't see anything. I could hear mumbles, but couldn't make out who it was or what they were saying. I don't remember what happened, but I feel like every fiber of my being wants to do the opposite of what I want it to. I'm tired, which is funny because I also feel like I'm asleep. I can't tell what's up and what's down, but I know that I should probably wake up from this nothingness of a dream. Suddenly, as if a switch in my mind was turned on, I could hear what the person was saying, and I could tell who it was. "Abby, do you ever feel like just, giving up?" I wanted to hold his hand as Bakugo said that, but I felt like my limbs were made of the heaviest thing on earth. I wanted to open my eyes, but again, my eyelids felt like they were made of lead. I slowly, but surely, opened my eyes and looked at the beautiful face of my boyfriend. He looks sad, but I don't know why. Did I do or say something that made him sad? "Abby?" I watched as Bakugo's gaze drifted from my hand to my face. I wanted to say something, or even nod my head, but my body refused to listen to my commands.

I watched Bakugo's face change from one of sadness, to one of pure joy, but tears were falling from his eyes. He hugged my body, but I was sad I couldn't hug back. "I missed you, Abby." I missed him too, so bad, but I don't remember what happened. "Bakugo suddenly pulled back and looked at me sternly. "If you ever pull that shit again, I swear to God I'll kick your ass." I got confused at his statement. Do what again? He reached over and did something, and sat back in his chair. A few moments of silence later, a lady came in, and she looked annoyed. "I thought I told you to call us for emergencies, not to get you food." Bakugo glared at the lady. "And I thought I told your sorry ass that I can get my own damn food. If you would look at your surroundings, you'd realize why I called you." The lady looked over at me, and got a look of shock on her face as she ran out of the room, screaming that I was awake.

A few moments after the woman ran out, I looked around the room, with what movement I could use, and discovered that I was in a hospital. Why would I be in the hospital? What happened? I heard the door open again, but when I looked over, I noticed a man, who I assume was the doctor, talking to Bakugo, who nodded his head and turned towards me. "I have to go, but I'll be outside the room to call your parents, alright?" I tried to respond, but I couldn't, so I just stared at him as he left the room.

I turned my attention to the doctor once Bakugo left the room, and he looked at something before he spoke up. "So normally I would have you blink while I ask yes or no questions, but first I want to see if you can use telepathy on me." I closed my eyes and concentrated on the doctor and his appearances. I focused on how his head might work. I felt a sort of connection, and I knew that I could communicate with him. I can use telepathy. The doctor smiled. "Wonderful, now I want you to answer these questions that I have set up for you. Do you remember what happened?" I thought about it for a minute, trying to remember, but it began giving me a headache. No, I can't remember. The doctor wrote something down on his clipboard. "Alright. Do you know who that was that left the room? If yes, who is he?" Yes, I do remember him. He's my boyfriend. The doctor smiled as he wrote something on his computer again. "I'll have to come back later and ask some more questions, but this is the last one for now. Are you depressed and/or suicidal?" I was about to answer, but his statement made me pause. What kind of question was that? Does it have something to do with why I'm in the hospital? Yes, doctor, I am depressed. I don't think I'm suicidal.  The doctor nodded his head. "Alright. You have some slight amnesia, but other than that, you seem to be in wonderful physical condition. I'll speak to your parents about getting you something to help with your amnesia and maybe something to help with your depression, alright?" With that, the doctor left the room, and shortly after, Bakugo came in.

Bakugo sat on the bed and smiled at me, though I could see a bit of sadness in his eyes. "Your family is on their way. Some of the idiots from school are coming over later as well." Bakugo sighed as he didn't get a response. "The doctor told me you don't remember what happened, do you want to know?" I wondered for a second if I did or not, so I used telepathy to answer him. Could you please tell me? I'm very curious. Bakugo nodded his head and looked down at his hands as he began explaining. "The class as a whole decided to pull a prank on you for some stupid reason so you'd think that we were all going missing one by one. First Four Eyes, then me, then Icy-Hot, then Ponytail. We wanted you to look for us, so we could scare you as we jumped out of our hiding spots. Everybody was going to hide in their closet, but I had to hide in yours since you'd look in my room for me first. The group had pulled us out from our hiding spots, saying they couldn't find where you were. So we decided to split up and look for you. While we were searching, we heard Raccoon Eyes scream so we ran up to the rooftop. She was just staring over the edge with a piece of paper in her hands, but she was completely frozen in fear. When we all looked over the edge, we saw you, laying there, but for some reason, you looked happy, as if the thought of death made you very happy." I looked down at my lap, I couldn't look him in the eyes. I don't remember what happened, but I know what did just by his description. I had jumped off the dorms rooftop.

I heard small sobs from Bakugo, and looked at him to see the rare sight of him crying. I wanted to hold him, but I couldn't move my body, so I just watched as he cried. He moved so he was holding me, but I still couldn't return the favor. I felt tears falling out of my eyes as I watched the person I love more than life itself breaking down before me. Eventually, Bakugo fell asleep with me in his arms as I looked out at the night sky through the window. Just like Bakugo, I could feel myself slowly falling into the grasp of sleep.

~Time Skip~

I was asleep, but I could still hear voices speaking. I knew it wasn't part of some sort of dream, because I don't think I would dream about people talking about me being in a coma. Wait... a coma?! I opened my eyes to see my family, both my biological family and the UA staff, talking to each other. The adults were having a heated argument about what would happen to me when I get discharged, while the younger ones, Ash, Lynn, and Emily, were talking about how much they miss me. I tried to find Bakugo, but he didn't seem to be anywhere in sight. Emily was the first to notice me being awake and yelled my name while jumping on the bed to hug me. All conversation ceased once they noticed I was awake, some of them hugging me telling me how worried they were, others holding my hand as they told me how glad they were that I was awake. I wanted to respond to them, but I was too exhausted to even consider using telepathy. I felt uncomfortable with how many people were in the room, and gave Ashton a look, to which he nodded his head at you. "Guys, I think we should give Abby some room, she did just wake up." Everybody nodded their heads, except for Emily, who pouted in my lap. Ashlynn looked at Emily. "You can stay in here if you want, Emily." Emily smiled brightly and curled into a ball in my lap while everybody else left the room. Ashton stopped at the door and turned towards me. "Your boyfriend stayed with you the whole time you were in your coma. He's definitely a keeper." He smiled at me and closed the door as he left.

Emily slowly fell asleep in my lap as I heard Bakugo open the door with some food in his hand. He sat down in the chair and put down the food on the table next to my bed. He leaned his head on the hospital bed and looked at me in the eyes. He grabbed my hand and put it on his head, while his eyes slowly closed. I tried to move my hand, which was a success, as I started to slowly pet Bakugo's head while he slept. I thought back to what my brother had said earlier. Bakugo was with me the whole time I was in my coma, but how long was that? Nobody has told me how long I was asleep, but I don't think they were planning on telling me anytime soon. Emily slowly began to wake up and smiled at me while she quietly got out of the bed and left the room, leaving Bakugo and I alone. I could hear Bakugo slightly snoring which was the cutest thing to me, but he stopped snoring and started whimpering in his sleep. I felt my eyes widen as I heard his whimpering louder, and he started saying my name, as if begging me for something. He suddenly shot up, and looked around the room, his eyes landing on me last. He sighed in relief and crawled into the bed with me. Bakugo, are you alright? I felt him shake his head at my question. Come here. I want to hold you, but I can't, so cuddling will just have to do. I heard him slightly laugh as he got in the bed and cuddled with me.

Bakugo started talking without me even asking him what was wrong. "I was dreaming about you jumping off the roof. Except this time, I was there and I could've stopped you. Instead of stopping you, I just stood there and didn't even try." I could feel Bakugo's tears falling onto me as he cried. I used all my willpower and moved my arm so that it was on his head. Bakugo lifted his head and looked at me in shock as I slowly smiled at him from under the breathing mask I had to use. Bakugo laid his head on my stomach as he and I both drifted back into sleep. 

~Time Skip~

I woke up to the sun in my face as I felt a weight on my stomach. I slowly moved my head and saw Bakugo sleeping peacefully with his head on my stomach. I moved my head back, but turned it away from the sun so I wouldn't be blinded. I heard the door open, to be greeted by the doctor. I saw him smile as he saw Bakugo sleeping on me. "Your boyfriend sure is protective over you. It's nice seeing young love like yours." I smiled as I looked at Bakugo, then back up at the doctor. "So I'm here to see if you can talk without using telepathy. Your body seems to be able to move, so I think your vocal cords should be working fine soon. You may even be able to leave by next week." I nodded my head. "So let's start with humming. Can you try a bit of humming for me?" I nodded my head again and slowly tried humming. I sounded  almost like a dying animal, but it wasn't as bad as that. "So I want you to try using your vocal cords as much as you can, so that they can go back to the way they were. I recommend you try humming at least once everyday." I hummed again, still sounding horrible, and with that, the doctor wrote something on his clipboard as he left.

I will admit, I was bored while I was waiting around, so I decided to practice speaking by humming some songs. (A/N: The song at the beginning of the chapter) I started swaying to the music as hummed to the catchy tune of the song. When I was almost done humming the song, Bakugo woke up and noticed I was humming, so he stayed quite. When I finished, he looked at me weirdly. "You sound like a dying animal." I smiled at him and slowly tried speaking. "That's... what... I... said..." I sounded like entire death, my voice was raspy and it seemed to crack at every word, but at least the words could be understood. Bakugo looked as if he was about to laugh his head off. "Ok, seriously, stop talking for a minute. You sound like your dying." I used telepathy to make a smartass comment. At least I don't sound like an angry pomeranian. Bakugo glared at me playfully before he laid his head down on my lap. "I'll never admit this in front of anybody, so if you tell anybody I said this I'll completely deny it." I put my hand on his head and silently urged him to continue. "I missed you while you were in your coma, even though you were right in front of me. I honestly thought that you were never going to wake up. When I saw you after you jumped, you looked horrible, but I was more worried about why you jumped, instead of if you were alright. Of course, I wondered if you were going to be alright, but it wasn't my first concern." 

I got a sad look on my face. He was worried about me, I made him worry. I didn't like seeing him worrying about me. He normally has a confident look and is sure about everything, but his face shows how worried he was about me. He has a deep frown on his face, some bags under his eyes from lack of sleep, his face screams worry and fear. I wanted to comfort him in some way, but I had no clue what I should do. An idea suddenly popped into my head, so I grabbed Bakugo's hand and slightly pulled him towards me. He must have gotten the hint, because he got up and cuddled next to me as I draped my arm around him. His head rested on my shoulder, as my head was on top of his. I heard Bakugo's breathing slowing down and evening out as he fell asleep. I smiled gently and got myself lost in my own thoughts. Why do people sing? There's no point except for entertainment, so why even bother? I will admit though, some songs are catchy to sing even if you play them over and over. I began thinking of all the times I played the same song on loop while doing homework (all the fucking time) before my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door opening again.

I looked over to see Mina in the door. She had looked nervous, but when she saw me, relief had washed over her pretty quickly. She turned around and did something, before walking in the room. Following behind her were, in this order, Kaminari, Kirishima, and Sero. When Sero walked in, he closed the door behind him and all of them approached us. Kami looked around the room, not even looking at the bed. "Nice room you've got here." Kirishima hit him across the head before taking a seat in one of the chairs and grabbing my unoccupied hand. "How are you feeling?" I thought about whether I should tell him the truth, or the lie that I'm fine. Before I could tell him a lie, Mina spoke up. "You don't have to hide your feelings from us. We want to help you, but we can't do that if you hide how you're really feeling from us." I looked down at my lap and slowly felt tears falling down my face. "I'm not fine... I've never been fine... I feel weak and every time someone compliments me for my strength, I remember that I'm not strong, I just act that way... Never once in my life have I felt strong." After the words spilled out of my mouth, I felt multiple arms wrap around me, and a hand let go of mine. Everybody in our group had pulled me into a hug and held onto me like if they let go my existence would fade away before their very eyes. I used my one arm to hold onto Mina's shoulder, as the tears silently fell from all of our eyes. 

We pulled away after we all pulled ourselves together, and wiped our tears. I looked back at Bakugo, who was still sleeping, which kind of surprised me, but I decided to let him get his sleep. He deserved it after staying up for who knows how long keeping an eye on me. I looked up to the rest of the group, who were all looking at the ground, unsure of what to say. Mina was the first to look up and give me a sad smile. "We all miss you at school. Class hasn't been the same without you there to make all of us smile like idiots at nothing. Even Mr. Aizawa has been acting strange. He barely naps during class, but is still pretty slack about assignments that he hands out. In fact, all the teachers have been acting weird. Present Mic hasn't been upbeat, he just kinda mopes around. Ms. Midnight just hits people on the head randomly for no reason whatsoever. All the teachers have been down." There's that feeling of guilt. I felt horrible for making others worry about me, but I can't control the way that they react. Kiri stepped forward, like Mina had. "Everybody in our class has been acting different. Mineta even started crying in the middle of class saying he would stop being perverted as long as you end up alright. Iida doesn't have the energy to yell at us when we step out of place in class. Midoriya hasn't muttered for long periods of time. Aoyama doesn't even mention himself and how 'fabulous' he is." I looked in shock at what Kiri said. Have they all changed like that, because they're so worried about me? Sero was the next to step up. "At the dorms, nobody can even bear to go near yours or Bakugo's rooms because you spent most of your time there. Nobody touches anything around the dorms that has your name on it, or even goes near it. It reminds them too much of you." There's the guilt again. People are avoiding things that have my name because it brings them sad memories. Kami was the last person to step forward. "We all miss you, Abby. I really need my mom telling me I'm a disappointment to feel loved." I chuckled slightly at Kami's sentence. Everybody else wanted to tell me what was going on in classes, while Kami just wanted to remind me to hurry home.

We talked a bit more, about anything other than the very reason I was in the hospital, and shortly after, they left. I looked out the window only to see how dark it was outside. I lightly shook Bakugo to wake him up. He groaned and gave me a slight glare for waking him up. "Why the hell did you wake me up?" I gave him a soft look as I gestured to the window. "It's getting dark... You should go get some sleep in your bed for tonight..." He nodded his head as he got all of his stuff together. Before he left, he turned to face me. "You going to be alright spending the night here by yourself?" I nodded my head. "I'll be fine, I'll see you tomorrow." 

3rd Person POV

Abby was confident that she would be fine enough to sleep in the hospital by herself. Little did she know, villains had managed to find her location and weren't about to let her be 'fine' by herself.

________________________________________________________________________________

My mom thinks I'm doing homework, but I decided to take a break and write the rest of this chapter for you guys! I might post another chapter soon, but I don't know.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did, please leave a vote on this chapter! If there was something that was wrong, or unenjoyable, then please let me know in the comments!

See ya in the next chapter!

-Dissecting_Stein

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 193 47
Hazaezal Jones is a complicated individual with an even more complicated quirk. After causing a major accident at her last school and spending months...
986K 34.5K 55
L/N Y/N had been the centre of attention during her middle school years. Always being the one others would talk about, teachers taking full notice of...
Fake smile By JA

Fanfiction

10.1K 332 32
Izuku Midoriya has always been a happy and smart person. He was accepted into the best school even though everyone told him he couldn't. He always wo...
352K 10.7K 23
Katsuki Bakugo, UA student, aiming to be the number one hero, has a problem. Izuku Midoriya has been brighter than usual and it's been making Bakugo...