Destined to be together

By Sacnite00

Two people completely different from one another. Yet destined to be together. Dimitri Martínez CEO of Martín... More

Author's note
Character Sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 26

25.9K 754 20
By Sacnite00

Dimitri

My lips slowly parted from hers trying to suck all the sweetness off her plump lips.

I blinked trying to open my eyes.
I gently smudged the water droplets running through her cheeks and take a look at her, she stood there all red, her head hung low and eyes closed.

As I continued to stare at the beauty in front of me it felt like everything around us was going on in slow motion.

The faded traffic noise, the falling raindrops, the sound of my heartbeat, and the piano tunes ringing in my head created a calm soothing tune as I tried, with all my might to capture this moment in my heart.

“Let’s get inside or we’ll catch a cold.”

she nodded and went into the car.

Throughout the ride, she didn’t spare me a glance. Every time I looked at her she was looking at the scenery outside the window.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then?”

She nodded clutching her bag to her chest.

“Words.”

“Y-yes.” her voice was lower than a whisper.

She walked out of the car and went inside.

I kept my gaze fixed on her as she walked inside and closed the door.

The rain has slowed down a little. I sat there closing my eyes. I felt so calm and relaxed after a long time.

April

I went to my room and headed straight to the washroom. I turned on the shower and sat down in the bathtub.

I slowly closed my eyes to see the most beautiful pair of hazel eyes I have ever seen.

I could still feel his touch on my cheek, his warm breath fanning against my skin, his lips pressed against mine.
An involuntary smile spread across my face.

He kissed me.

He kissed me!

I pressed my hands on my lips.

I just had my first kiss.

But you didn’t kiss him back.

But still, it’s my first kiss.

My smile continued to grow bigger.

Okay, control yourself it was just a kiss no big deal.

Yeah right.

Oh god, I need to stop thinking about it.

I took a long bath and got into my comfy clothes.
I put on some soft music and laid down on my bed.

Staring hard at the ceiling I couldn’t help but think about the earlier events and the more I think the more I get myself strangled in a mess with no way out of it.

I had no idea what I was doing was right or wrong, whether having such feelings was right or wrong.

All I knew was for the first time in my life I felt a slight feeling of comfort and safety in his touch.

I may be wrong, maybe he is just like the others, maybe I am feeding myself this illusion because I want to accept the fact that I too deserve love and happiness.

I closed my eyes and shook my head to get rid of my thoughts.

Dimitri

8 am.

I quickly checked the time, took a sip out of my coffee, and got started.

There’s a lot of work to finish today.
I was so drowned in my work that I didn't notice when April walked in.

I look up to see her standing in front of the door looking at me like a lost kid.

“Uh umm, G-good M-morning.”

“Morning. There are some files on your desk, check if they need any changes and send them to me.”

She stood there completely clueless.

“April?”

“Huh yeah yeah okay.”

“Thank you.”

April

I took my earphones off walking out of the elevator. My heart started to beat faster with each step I took closer to his office.

I took a deep breath and slowly turned the doorknob. As expected the door opened to reveal Mr. Martínez sitting on his chair, sipping coffee and furiously typing on his laptop.

I took a gulp. Should I say something or just go to my seat?

He didn’t even notice that I walked in.

I stood there for a few minutes staring at him hoping he would notice my presence.

I was about to give up and move towards my seat when he looked up to me.

I took another gulp as he continued to stare at me without a word.

“Uh umm, G-good M-morning.”

“Morning. There are some files on your desk, check if they need any changes and send them to me.”

Huh?

“April?”

“Huh yeah yeah okay.”

“Thank you.”

I sat down on my desk and stared at the laptop screen.

I didn’t understand why was it bothering me, he usually talks to me like this.

Was I expecting a different reply?

Maybe whatever it was isn’t there anymore?

Maybe he has changed his mind?

Am I overreacting?

“April?”

“Huh?”

“Would you stop daydreaming and get into work?”

“Um I- I wasn’t uhm…. yeah right.”

Focus April.

I focused on my work taking a deep breath.

I checked my watch finishing the last file. It’s been 3 hours since Mr. Martínez left for his meeting. My stomach grumbled indicating it was already lunchtime. I turned off the laptop and took off towards the cafeteria.

As soon as I entered the cafeteria I found the face I was searching for,
Lucas was sitting on our usual spot, munching his food.

I took slow steps towards him a took the empty seat.

“H-hi.”

“I thought you will not come today,” Lucas said looking up to me.

“Yeah, there was um a little pressure.”

“uhmm.”

I sat there in silence as he continued to eat his food.

“Uhmm uh, Lucas c-can I ask you um something?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Uh, the thing is uhmm well umm that-there is this guy who k-kind of told me that um he liked me and I told him um that I kind of like him too.”

He looked up to me sipping water.

“...And?”

“And uhmm well he kissed me but um then we met and he is kind of behaving as if nothing happened and uhm everything is like before so d-does that mean he doesn’t… l-like me anymore?”

He took another sip of his water.

“Well um, did you talk to him about this?”

I shook my head sideways.

“I don’t think there is anything to worry about. He is the one who confessed that he likes you right? Just talk to him and figure it out okay?”

I nodded taking a deep sigh.

“Anyway, who’s this guy? You didn’t tell me that you are dating?”

“I-It’s um nothing like that.”

“Ahah.”

“So? Who is he?”

“Um someone, you don’t know him.
I -I am going to head back, see you later. Bye.”

I went back to my desk and sat down.

Why is it bothering me so much? ugh.

I put my earphones on put on some random music and got back to work.

It was past 8 when I finished preparing tomorrow’s presentation. I turned off the laptop and cleared up the mess on my desk.

A loud footstep could be heard outside the door.

Did he just finished his meeting now?

Mr. Martínez walked in opening his suit buttons.

“What are you doing so late?”

“Um ah work.”

“Are you done?”

“Yeah almost j-just arrange these files and I’ll….”

“Let’s go then.” with that he walked out.

“Huh?”

A/N: Hey everyone I  hope you all are doing well.
I'm back again. I know it's been a long since I last updated but my final exams are finally over and I am hoping to update more.
Thank you everyone for being patient and supportive.

Thank you🌿
Stay safe and healthy also do give me feedback so I can work on myself and write better chapters in the future.

Keep voting, commenting, keep supporting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

630 20 20
“I talk a little to the girl at the register. Turns out she went to the same school as Vegard. She had a major crush on him but he never knew she exi...
764 35 12
Based off Hotel Transylvania. Short story. Romance. Book 1 - Zinged Fate. Could be read independently if you truly wanted to, but I'd recommend readi...
3.4K 173 16
"Tell me you don't want that," darkened eyes clashed with hazed chocolate orbs. "Say it now, and we can stop right now. Tell me, and I'll go." Silenc...
85.2K 2.4K 42
*Book 1 of CEO series* "Am I a villain?" Mr. Martinez probed, pinning me with his intense gaze. "Yes!" He chuckled and instantly he took two large s...