Characters Watching Where in...

By SilveriaRose

I do not own anything except my own characters Sera Takes place after the second episode of the first season. More

Welcome to the Theater
Becoming Carmen Sandiego Part 2
The Sticky Rice Caper
The Fishy Doubloon Caper
The Duke of Vermeer Caper
The Opera in the Outback Caper
The Chasing Paper Caper
The Lucky Cat Caper
The French Connection Caper
Intermission
To Steal of Not to Steal
The Hot Rocks of Rio Caper Part 1
The Hot Rocks of Rio Caper Part 2
Dinner Time
The Daisho Caper
The Fashionista Caper
The Boston Tea Party Caper
The Need For Speed Caper
Lunch Time
The Crackle Goes Kiwi Caper
A/N
The Stockholm Syndrome Caper
The African Ice Caper
The Deep Diver Caper
( Ν‘πŸ‘οΈβ€―ΝœΚ– Ν‘πŸ‘οΈ)
The Luchadora Tango Caper
The Day of the Dead Caper
The Haunted Bayou Caper
The Masks of Venice Caper
The Jolly Good Show Caper
Lunch
The Beijing Bullion Caper
The Big Bad Ivy Caper
The Robo Caper
I AM VERY UPSET!!!!!!
The Himalayan Rescue Caper
The V.I.L.E History Caper
The Egyptian Decryption Caper
Dinner
Delay
The Viennese Waltz Caper
The Dark Red Caper
Epilogue

Becoming Carmen Sandiego Part 1

14.7K 185 1K
By SilveriaRose

(Third Person P.O.V)

A car engine revs. Tires screech.

Chase: In just the last few weeks, this Carmen Sandiego has managed to rob millions of euros combined from a Swiss bank, a high-end art gallery in Cairo, and a Shanghai amusement park.

"HA looks like you got a fan Red." Player laughs. There's a distinct French grumbling from the back row.

Julia: Before vanishing without a trace. Headquarters has yet to discern any pattern except that our perpetrator always wears a scarlet coat and fedora and seems to announce her crimes by making random public appearances beforehand.

Chase: Such as the nearby cafe sighting earlier today. So we must ask ourselves: Who in the world is Carmen Sandiego? Why would a thief draw attention to herself by leaving clues and wearing bold colors?

Julia: Perhaps stealing's a game to her.

"Not exactly, but the results are good for a laugh." Carmen says to her team causing a round of snickering.

Chase: Ha! The game is over. She is in my jurisdiction now, though I question why.

Julia: Poitiers is rich with medieval history. Perhaps she is targeting a priceless antique or historical artifact from one of its many churches, or--

Tires screech.

Chase: Ms. Argent, you are an agent of Interpol, not a museum guide. So you may stop sharing dull facts about boring things. You have been on the force merely a fortnight, have you not? You have so much to learn, and since you have been assigned to my department--

"Um... RUDE!" Ivy shouts turning to glare at Chase.

"I guess we know who the brains of the operation is." Gray says snickering.

Julia: Um, uh--

Chase: --I, Chase Devineaux, will be your teacher.

Julia: Inspector Devineaux, Sir--

Chase: Nuh-uh-uh. Sit back, watch, and learn how to catch a thief.

Julia: She's right there!

Chase: Huh?

The whiz and click of Carmen's grappling hook.

Chase: La Femme Rouge!

"How did he make inspector exactly?" Zack asks. Chase just mutters angrily about the show making him look bad.

Tires screech and the engine revs. Suspenseful music plays.

Chase: Remain here!

Car door slams closed.

Julia: And radio for assistance?

Chase: No! The Crimson Ghost is mine!

"And this is why he has no chance of catching me." Carmen whispers to Player who chokes on a laugh.

Carmen: On top of the world. I can see La Cathédrale Saint-Pierre from here.

A 'beep.'

Player: Friendly advice? Save the sight-seeing for after the job.

Carmen: Heh heh. Player, glad to hear you're on board.

Player: You know I wouldn't miss a night out with you for the world, Red. Let's get this party started.

He cracks his knuckles, then begins to type rapidly. Digital sounds.

"So your a hacker, how old are you?" Julia asks.

"Uh... fourteen." He says. Even Shadowsan looks slightly impressed.

Player: Virtual Paris sure looks lovely this time of year. Touring through France... locking onto your position over there in Poitiers... and, we're synced. If our intel is accurate, the next stop on your sight-seeing tour of historic Poitiers should be... 50 yards dead ahead.

Sounds of Carmen running and jumping. Sneaky music starts to play.

Carmen: How's my temperature?

Player: Warm, Red... Getting warmer... You're red-hot.

"Understatement." Gray mutters under his breath, nobody saw Shadowsans face twitch into a slightly meaner scowl hearing his comment.

Sounds of her grappling hook gripping and whirring. Computer sounds, Player typing.

Player: Analyzing frequencies... Decrypting security codes... Alarm system disabled. But... I'm picking up another signal. Could be a trap.

"It's a trap." Team Red say together, Carmen looks back at Gray who smirks and winks making Carmen roll her eyes.

Carmen: Let's find out.

Player: Watch your step, Red.

Carmen: "Watch... my... step."

"BAM!" Player shouts slamming his hands down on his arm rests. Everyone in the room except Shadowsan jump at the young boys actions. After a beat of silence Team Red and Julia all laugh.

Sound of arrows firing at her. Sound of arrows hitting the shield.

Carmen: Well this just became worth a whole lot less...

"Yes because all a thief like you cares about is the price." Chase sneers at her causing eye rolls not just from Team Red but from Gray and Shadowsan as well.

'Whoosh' as Chase kicks open the door. Elevator creaking.

Chase: Why must the elevator date back two centuries? Was no one ever in a hurry back then?

"I know I can be kinda dense sometimes, but that guy is just a whole nother level." Zack says.

Carmen: Okay, who walls up an atrium?

She knocks on the wall.

Player: Anyone who values storage over natural light.

Carmen: He said a little too knowingly.

Player: Don't judge. I'm happy here in my dark little cave.

"I wish I was still there." Player mutters.

Clicking. Wall moving.

Carmen: You called it, Player. Right tool for the job... Ah, this works.

Beep. Elevator continues to creak, then dings. Chase grunts after looking around, then dashes up the stairs.

Player: Safe cracked.

Parts moving. A lock clicks and the door opens.

Carmen: The Eye of Vishnu.

"Nice rock." Ivy snorts.

"That "rock" is a priceless jewel." Zari snaps in indignation.  Tamara nudges her and shakes her head in warning.

She gasps.

Player: What is it, Red?

Carmen: I'm staring at something I thought I'd never, ever set eyes on again.

Player: It better be more valuable than a sparkly blue gemstone the size of my head.

"Monetarily? No, sentimentally? The most valuable thing in the world." Carmen says missing the guilty look that flashes across Gray's face.

Carmen: Define "valuable." They say beauty's in the eye of the beholder.

Player: Are you gonna tell me what it is, Red, or--

Knocking on the door.

Chase: Interpol! Open this door!

Player: Bag the gem and get out of there already!

Chase: I said, open up!

"Why would the thief... let the law enforcement guy trying to arrest her inside?" Player asks glancing back at the Interpol and ACME agents. None of them seemed to have an answer.

He grunts as he slams his body into the doors, then breathes heavily. A chord plays as he sets eyes on Carmen, who tightens the drawstring of a bag.

Chase: Stop! Thief!

"No thanks I like not being in jail." Carmen laughs.

He yelps as she kicks a stool at him and jumps over him. Suspenseful music plays.

Carmen: On whose authority?

Chase: On the authority of, uh...

Carmen: Inspector Chase Devineaux, Interpol. "Chase," huh? Hm! Let's see what's in a name.

His ID card is thrown back to him. He growls in frustration. Sounds of her grappling hook.

"Why don't regular law enforcement get gadgets like that?" Player wonders aloud.

"They can barely run across a roof, would you trust them with grappling hooks and lasers?" Gray asks. Player looks surprised that the VILE operative had spoken to him but just simply nods turning back to the screen. 

Chase: I order you to stop!

Her footsteps halt. He continues toward her.

"You actually stopped?" Tamara asks confused.

"Wait for it." Carmen responds.

Carmen: You didn't say for how long.

Chase: Ugh! It was implied!!

Everyone except Chase and Zari laughs at her antics.

He tries to chase after her, jumping and groaning. Rooftop tiles fall on top of his car, and Julia gasps.

Carmen: Au revoir.

The sound of her jumping, followed by the sound of her hang-glider opening. Julia and Chase both gasp. The rooftop cracks and he slides down, then falls face-first onto the car. Julia screams as the car alarm goes off. Julia takes the remote and turns it off.

"That looked painful, are you okay after that fall?" Player asks. Chase puffs up like a bird trying to appear tough.

"It was nothing, my car came out worse in that incident." He says. Player grins as the man, despite his slight ineptitude and his trying to arrest Carmen, he kind of liked the man. At least Player thought he was pretty fun to watch,

Julia: Did you just--

Chase: Never mind that! Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

"Right here." Zack and Ivy say together pointing at her. Cue eye rolling from the back row.

An excerpt from the theme music plays.

"Woah wait hold the phone, I get my own theme music?"

"Well from the looks of it your the main character so it would make sense." Player says and the two high five.

Carmen: My train. I'm right on time.

Player: Like you ever aren't! Ticket purchased and... uploading.

Her phone beeps.

Julia: She has to land sometime. How far can she possibly get?

"You'd be surprised." Carmen says.

Chase: She is heading for the train station. Secure the crime scene! Deduce what was stolen.

He drives away. Julia coughs from the car exhaust.

The train doors open. Chase's car halts as the train horn blares. He grunts and slams his fist on the dashboard, causing the broken windshield to fully shatter and the airbag to go off.

The elevator in the museum creaks.

Julia: Inspector. Good news, I hope?

Chase: Ms. Argent... Julia... You're the smartest person I know, so tell me, please... is it possible for an automobile to catch a moving train? Driving aggressively, of course.

Julia: Well, I'm really not much of a math detective, but I suppose it depends upon how many stops the train makes and for how long at each.

Chase: Mm-hmm. Then perhaps I shall catch this Little Red Robbing Hood.

"Dude give up, you're never going to catch her. You don't even know what her real goals are." Zack says before getting punched in the arm by Ivy. Tamara, Zari and Julia are all curious about his words. What did he mean by "Real goals"?

Phone beeps. On the train, Carmen opens a door with the ticket on her phone.

Carmen: First class. Sweet.

Player: My treat, Red. You earned it.

"Yes you earned it by stealing from innocent people." Chase snaps.

"The people I steal from are far from innocent." Carmen says rolling her eyes. She couldn't wait for the show to get to the part where she's not actually the bad guy. Maybe he would lay off a bit then.

The door opens again.

Gray: Well, well.

Julia looks over at Gray who was determinedly looking straight at the screen.

His Crackle Rod whirs.

Gray: Blast from the past, eh?

He fires it. Player's computer beeps as she goes off the grid.

Player: Red! Carmen!

Carmen: Dude, seriously? Static cling?

"History I assume?" Tamara asks. Neither Carmen of Gray give an answer.

Gray: Side effect of the directional EMP. So you can forget about reaching for your phone or fancy toys. They're dead.

"Like I need gadgets to kick your butt." Carmen smirks at Gray.

Carmen: I know how an electromagnetic pulse works, Gray... You aren't the only one who passed Dr. Bellum's class. And you didn't really think I'd take any of your bait without checking for a tracking device... did you, Gray? That's right. I wanted you to find me. It's time we tied up loose ends.

Gray: You were the only loose end... until five seconds ago, when I captured the elusive Carmen Sandiego. Or should I call you "Black Sheep"?

This really caught the attention of the Interpol and ACME agents as Carmen Sandiego is shrouded deeply in mystery. Tamara was eager to find out if she was connected to VILE at all.

Flashback.

Brunt: Welcome to V.I.L.E. Training Academy for Thieves. V. I. L. E. Valuable Imports, Lavish Exports. We traffic stolen goods to the four corners of the globe. You've each been hand-picked for our one-year program due to the extraordinary potential you've demonstrated. I am Coach Brunt, and these are my house rules. Rule number one: No contact with the outside world. That means no portable electronic devices allowed.

"It's real, this is VILE," Tamara gasps. She looks over at Gray. "And you're one of them."

"But wait a moment, if this Sera is really working against this VILE organization, then why bring one of their men here?" Julia asks.

"Perhaps she lied about her intentions." Zari suggests scowling at Gray.

"PERHAPS we should keep watching and this show will tell us exactly why a VILE operative is here." Tamara says wanting more information on the organization.

She crushes a cell phone. Trainees gasp.

Brunt: And rule number two: First names only until you get assigned your code name. Ain't that right, Lambkins?

Gray: "Lambkins"? Who knew V.I.LE. had a mascot?

He laughs. She grabs him and yanks him back.

Gray: Whoa!

Carmen: Only my friends call me "Lambkins." My code name's Black Sheep. Do you understand? Nod if you understand.

Gray: Uh-huh.

"Looking back that actually was pretty funny." Gray says with a grin. Carmen smirks remembering putting him in his place that day. In the back Zari and Tamara are whispering about this development.

Back in the present, he laughs.

Gray: You really schooled me the day we met.

Carmen: I thought you should know who you were dealing with.

Gray: Well, it seems I still don't know. The slick red hat, the exotic new name... Who are you, really?

"That's what I want to know." Carmen mutters only loud enough that Player hears her. He leans in giving her a hug.

Carmen: A professional thief, just like you.

Gray: No, you weren't like the rest of us. How did you ever wind up in crime school?

Carmen: You want the whole story?

Gray: Your clock runs out when we reach Paris. Make it count.

Everyone that doesn't know the story leans forward eager to hear how Carmen Sandiego came to be.

Carmen: From what I've been told, I was found as a baby. Abandoned by the side of a road just outside Buenos Aires, Argentina. A set of Russian nesting dolls were my only belongings. I was brought to an island paradise... that just happened to be home to a school for thieves. That's right: V.I.L.E. Academy. It was no grade school, but I was home-schooled by a revolving door of nannies. Some taught me how to read and write, and most taught me about the diverse places they were from.

"They made sure you were well educated, I suppose being able to fit into any event or situation makes casing easier." Julia says.

"You're not wrong. Being able to make small talk with a large variety of people has saved my butt more then once." Carmen tells her. Carmen likes the Interpol agent, she's smart and seems to have good instincts.

Young Carmen: Istanbul, not Constantinople!

Carmen: Their languages.

Young Carmen: Uh... ni hao!

Carmen: Their cultures.

Young Carmen: Olé!

Carmen: I was found without a note or any ID. So, guess who got their code name early?

Woman: Hey, Black Sheep.

Man: What's up, Black Sheep?

She holds up his belt.

Young Carmen: Not your pants!

"Hey you've done that to me before!" Zack laughs.

Carmen: I got to hang out on campus with the big kids.

The floor squeaks as she skates across on soap bars.

Carmen: I was literally the only child on the Isle of V.I.L.E. Which meant I got away with murder.

"That, is an understatement." Shadowsan says surprising the people around him as it was the first thing he had said since he introduced himself. Nobody said anything as everyone besides Carmen found him intimidating, but Tamara, Zari and Julia realized his statement meant he had been there when Carmen was growing up.

Man on the phone: Requesting clearance.

Beeping. He takes Cookie Booker's hand as she steps off the boat, only for a water balloon to land right in front of him, soaking him. Cookie gasps. Young Carmen laughs.

"Oh you were a little hellion." Tamara says. If she can build a repour with the young thief then maybe she can get her onto ACME's side.

Carmen isn't sure what to make of the woman so chooses not to respond. She decides to wait until the woman appears in the show to decide how to proceed.

Man: Why you...!

Young Carmen: Uh-oh.

He gives chase.

Carmen: Sure, the Campus of Crime was no place for children, but I never once felt like I was in danger.

She slips on a wet floor.

Carmen: I was part of the family. I had protection.

Brunt: Problem here?

"She always did have a soft spot for you." Gray says knowing how protective Brunt had been of Black Sheep.

She grabs him from where he stands over Carmen, then punches him in the face, sending him flying. His cell phone drops from his pocket as he slides across the floor, and Carmen pockets it. It beeps as she taps the screen.

"SO that's how you got it!" Player shouts surprising everyone and making Carmen laugh.

Carmen: I never learned who found me as a baby.

Brunt: Oh, let's get you a cupcake, Sugar Pie.

Carmen: But I always suspected it was Coach Brunt. The island was my world. For all I knew, the Earth was square. There was no right or wrong. Thievery was a competition, a game.

Carmen's smile fades.

"It's not a game." She says.

Young Carmen dumps a handful of small buttons and the like from her largest matryoshka doll and puts the cell phone in instead.

Carmen: One I was ready to play for real. I couldn't bear watching 40 thieves graduate from the academy year after year. I wanted to get out there and be one of those thieves already!

"See, she is one of them. She is a villain and a thief." Chase declares, nobody was really paying attention to the man anymore.

The cell phone starts to vibrate. Young Carmen falls out of her bed.

Young Carmen: Whoa!

The matroyshka doll nearly falls over, but she catches it just in time.

"You have remarkable reflexes." Julia says.

Carmen: A white hat? "Better beef up your security. I got in." "Got in"? Where? Here?

The phone rings. It beeps as she taps to answer it.

Player: Hello?

Carmen: He... Hello?

"And thus, the greatest partnership EVER begins." Player says grinning. Carmen smiles at the kid and ruffles his hair making him groan as he tries to make it lay flat again.

Player: Who is this?

Carmen: Black Sheep.

Player: Come on, what's your real name?

Carmen: Black Sheep!

Player: Okay, usernames work. You can call me... Player.

"I really thought that was a screen name or something." Player laughs.

Carmen: Do you really wear a white hat?

Player: Uh... why? You've never heard of "white hat hackers"?

Carmen: That's a thing?

Player: I have wicked hacking skills, but I use them for good.

"Thank goodness to, if Player was evil we'd all be in trouble." Ivy says grinning at the kid.

Carmen: Okay, that doesn't even make sense.

Player: Sure it does. I just hacked through 27 layers of encryption. So who do I inform over there about the weak link so you can upgrade your security?

Carmen: Are you punking me? Where are you calling from?

Player: My room. In Niagara Falls.

She gasps.

Carmen: Seriously? Which side of the falls?

Player: Canadian.

Carmen: You're in Ontario?

Player: Whoa, you really know your geography.

"Geography was my favorite lesson growing up." Carmen says.

Carmen: What's it like there?

Player: It's alright. We have computers, and internet, and... Hey, where in the world are you?

Carmen: School.

Player: What kind of school needs 27 layers of encryption?

"VILE Academy." Carmen and Gray say at the same time. They glance at each other before looking away quickly.

Present Carmen: Making contact with someone from the outside world was just the push I needed. It was time to state my case to the only family I knew.

Maelstrom: Black Sheep, why have you requested our audience?

Carmen: I'm ready.

Maelstrom: To enroll?

"No to eat a hamburger." Zack says sarcastically. Ivy punches his arm.

Carmen: I know I'm not technically old enough, Professor Maelstrom, but I already have what it takes to be an awesome thief. Best ever! Um... in, in my opinion, Sir.

Bellum: Black Sheep may be young, but she has had more training at her age than any recruit, even if only by osmosis.

"Osmosis?" Zack asks.

"She means Miss. Sandiego has learned quite a lot simply by observing and copying behaviors she's witnessed at the school." Julia tells him. He still looks stumped.

"Monkey see, monkey do bro." Ivy says.

"OH! Why didn't they just say that." Cue eye rolling. 

Brunt: Dr. Bellum is right. Lambsie's got gumption. I'd say she's ready to run with the big dogs.

Cleo: I, for one, am not thrilled with the notion of having to endure Black Sheep's lack of manners in a classroom setting. The girl is feral.

Maelstrom: Precisely why she might be overdue for properly supervised training, Countess Cleo. And you, Shadowsan?

Shadowsan: We are operating a vocational school, not a nursery school.

"Why were you always so against me enrolling?" Carmen asks. Shadowsan ignores the question much to Carmen's ire.

Bellum: But we've never met a case for advanced placement until now.

Brunt: And the last time I checked, majority vote rules.

Shadowsan: Black Sheep, you had better be certain that becoming a professional thief is what you truly desire. For if you choose this road, there will be no turning back.

"Back then it sounded like he was just trying to get me to quit, but now it almost sounds like he was trying to warn me." Carmen whispers to her team.

Carmen: I want this more than anything, Instructor Shadowsan. And I am willing to go to the end of the line.

Maelstrom: All in favor?

Four hands raise. Shadowsan, the only dissenting vote, walks away.

"Why wouldn't he want her to join? With her upbringing she had the potential to be the greatest thief VILE ever produced." Zari says. Tamara can only nod, curious of the Japanese mans motivations herself.

Brunt, tearful: Our little lamb's gonna be all grown up!

Present Carmen: I was finally one of the big kids. One of the 40 thieves. I'd survived orientation, and I was ready to meet my future partners in crime: my roommates.

Carmen: Hi, I'm Black Sheep.

Topo: Hola. I am Antonio.

"Liked him." Carmen says.

Chevre: Jean Paul. Bonjour.

"He was okay."

Tigress: Sheena.

"Nope."

Carmen: You.

"What nothing to say about yours truly?" Gray asks when Carmen doesn't comment.

"How about... overconfident? Cocky? Full of yourself? Shall I go on?" Carmen asks and Gray slumps down in his seat pouting.

Present Gray: Feel free to skip ahead. I was there too, you know.

Present Carmen: Sure, Gray. You were there. But were you seeing things from my point of view?

Gray: Um... Black Sheep, was it? The name's Graham.

"Graham? I thought you said Gray." Zari asks. He just shrugs.

"Nickname, you aren't giving the kid guff about going by Player." He says.

Tigress: Huh. This where you hide your pearls, little girl?

Carmen, firmly: Please don't touch my stuff.

"Exactly what you want to say to a room full of thieves." Ivy laughs.

Tigress: What? These?

Carmen: I said, keep your paws off.

Gray: Uh-uh. Play nice, Princess. We all have to room together.

Tigress: Hmph. Probably costume jewelry.

"That would of been really bad if she found the phone right?" Player asks. Carmen nods.

"Very bad."

Present Carmen: First day of class, and I was already making friends... and enemies.

Carmen: So, what's your story, Gray?

Gray: I was working as a junior electrician at the Sydney Opera House.

Carmen: Australia! I knew it!

Gray: When, one day, a light bulb went off. I could make a far better living turning out the lights, stealing from the cover of darkness.

"HA!" Zack laughs, everyone looks at him.

"Lightbulb went off? He made a pun." Ivy decides to punch him again.

Carmen: Cool.

Gray: What about you, Kiddo? What's your story?

Carmen: Uh... Come on, Gray. Don't wanna be late for Stealth 101.

Shadowsan: Origami, the Japanese art of paper folding, is the surest means of perfecting a nimble touch. Essential for the successful picking of pockets.

Carmen scowls thinking about the final exam.

Brunt: The first rule of self-defense: always protect the face. Unless you wanna be knocked out cold, or wind up with a mug like mine.

Carmen and Gray spar together.

Cleo: Pop quiz! One of these two vases is discount-store-grade garbage. And the other genuine Ming valued at 300,000 dollars. Which would you steal?

"One on the left." Carmen and Gray say automatically. Everyone looks at them.

"What it's obvious." Gray says.

Bellum: My latest invention: the Crackle Rod. Settings can be adjusted here. EMP, stun mode, and so on.

"Is that the same weapon you used on the train?" Julia asks. Gray nods

Maelstrom: To properly execute a bait-and-switch, the objects should be of equal weight and size.

He demonstrates with Tigress, who he bumps into, each carrying a briefcase. The one initially carried by her is full of money.

Maelstrom: And there you have... the switch.

She opens hers. It's full of bugs.

Tigress: Oh, gross! What is this?

Maelstrom: That, my dear... would be the bait.

"That man... that man is unhinged." Tamara says half hoping someone would correct her. The nods from Carmen, Gray and Shadowsan dash those hopes.

Outside.

Carmen: Player. School's been really awesome. I wish you were here!

Gray: Black Sheep! Come on, Mate!

Player: Who's that?

Carmen: Gray, from 'Down Under.' Heh. He's my best friend.

"Best friend eh?" Gray asks smirking at her.

Player: Oh.

Carmen: My best school friend. A-Anyway, gotta run. I'm late for Infiltration 101.

Player: ...What kind of school do you go to, again?

A few people laugh at Players confusion.

Brunt: Stand tall, class. Today's goal: be the first to reach the target.

Le Chevre scurries up the rock wall. Carmen waits, then uses the stilt-like device they were all given to catch up to him and reaches the target moments before he can. An alarm goes off.

"Did he not know the stilts could do that?" Julia asks.

"He really likes climbing." Gray says snickering.

Present Carmen: We really honed our skills. We studied hard, and we trained hard.

They're all descending, rope harnesses around their bodies. Carmen is laughing. Le Chevre screams.

Present Carmen: But we also played hard.

Carmen: Here's the skinny. Every first of December, she arrives right on schedule. I'm talking about Cookie Booker, V.I.L.E.'s bookkeeper. See that thing she's holding? It's a hard drive, and it's loaded with classified information supplied by V.I.L.E. operatives all over the world. It's way too important to risk uploading from a remote location, so they make her do a hand-carry by boat to avoid radar detection. Take aim, and bring the rain.

They throw water balloons at her. They plop. Cookie groans as she gets soaked. The students laugh as they run away, but they're stopped by two of the cleaners.

"Dragging your friends down with ya." Gray says.

"You were more then happy to take the fall." Carmen points out.

Carmen: Vlad. Boris. Hiya. Hehe...

Carmen: I take full responsibility.

Shadowsan: Did I not tell you Black Sheep was immature? Impetuous? I recommend expulsion.

"That seems a bit extreme, you'd think after however many years of this they they would of been prepared for it." Tamara says. Shadowsan smirks briefly enough that no one catches it.

Brunt: Uh... Isn't that... [sigh] extreme?

Gray: Esteemed faculty, with due respect, Black Sheep isn't to blame. We egged her on.

Tigress: What!? No we didn't!

Brunt: We can't expel the whole herd of them, can we?

Tigress: Detention? What, are we in grade school?

Carmen: Heh... Thanks for having my back.

Tigress: I'm going to have your hide.

"She really doesn't like you." Julia says surprised at the blond girls hostility.

"She still hates me, makes for interesting fights." Carmen tells her.

Gray: Hey, can we focus? These code names aren't naming themselves.

Topo: Ooh, I have one for you: Shocker.

Chevre: The Shocksmith?

Tigress: Lame.

Carmen: Power Failure.

"Those all suck." Player says.

"Which is why I didn't go with any of them." Gray responds.

Gray: Sorry, mates. Nothing quite has that crackle I'm looking for. [gasp] That's it! Get ready. Graham... Crackle.

Team Red bursts into laughter as Shadowsan shakes his head.

Carmen: Dude, really?

"Yeah dude, really?" Carmen asks through her laughter.

Chevre: We are criminals! Who would take us seriously if we had puns for names?

Gray: Okay, I'll drop the 'Graham' part. I'm Crackle. Lights out, baby!

Chevre: Le Chevre. Like the nimble mountain goat, I take the high ground!

Topo: Like the burrowing mole, El Topo takes the low!

Tigress: I've earned my stripes. Call me Tigress.

"Okay those are some pretty good code names... hey why don't we have code names?" Zack asks.

"Nobody is stopping you from making some up." Player tells him.

Mime Bomb is pantomiming.

Gray: So... who's off to clown college?

Chevre: Ugh... him.

Topo: The quiet guy from class.

Tigress: Hello? Code name?

He begins to pantomime a bomb going off.

Tigress: Ugh. He is so weird!

Carmen: Oh! Mime Bomb!

"You were the only person that had the patience for him." Gray laughs.

Present Carmen: The school year came and went. I couldn't wait to graduate and plot our first caper as V.I.L.E. operatives. We just needed to ace our final exams, and we'd be professional thieves.

Shadowsan: For the first exam, I call... Tigress.

Tigress: I got this.

She drops an origami sheep to the floor, then stomps on it with her heel.

Shadowsan: Somewhere in my coat lies a single dollar bill. The coat has many pockets. Locate the target and acquire it... if you can. You have two minutes.

The timer beeps. Her goggles locate it. She rushes him, but he counters. The two fight, until ultimately she rips his coat and takes the bill.

Tigress: Mm. Money.

Carmen: Shadowsan is so gonna call foul.

Shadowsan: Unorthodox technique. But excellent results.

Carmen: No way! Shadowsan is totally playing favorites!

"I do not play favorites." Shadowsan says.

"No offense sir, but we were all sure you'd call that a foul. She didn't use stealth to get the bill." Gray point out. A swift glare from Shadowsan has him shutting his mouth.

Shadowsan: Black Sheep.

She approaches him.

Everyone watches Carmen's exam with rapt attention and are shocked when she doesn't get the bill.

The students can be heard mumbling complaints to each other as they all leave the room. Carmen stops.

Carmen: I swear I hit every pocket. If there was a dollar in there, I couldn't find it.

Gray: Hey, so you choked a little. Like that's gonna affect your grade? You're the finest pickpocket in our class. Totally in a league of your own.

Carmen: You think?

Gray: I know. 

"Apparently not." Carmen mutters.

Students are cheering.

Chevre: I can't believe it!

Gray: Results are in!

Carmen runs over.

Tigress: Yes! Whoo-hoo!

Chevre: Félicitations, Mon Ami!

Topo: Upward and onward, Mi Amigo!

Carmen: Gray...? Did... did you...?

Gray: I'm good, but...

She sees the red 'X' by her picture.

Gray: I'm really sorry.

"I can't believe you failed, you seemed to be the best among them. Not that I approve of VILE or their purpose, its just... surprising." Julia says blushing a bit at her rambling. Shadowsan glances back at the woman. He knew Black Sheep really was the best, that's WHY he had to fail her.

Tigress: Crackle! Come sit at the big kids' table.

Carmen: Go on, Gray. I'll be fine.

Tigress: Aww. Looks like someone needs to turn in their stealth suit. Come on, let's go plot a caper.

Shadowsan closes the doors. A shadow crosses behind him. He reaches for his keys, but they're missing.

Carmen, holding the keys: Looking for these?

She throws them back to him.

Shadowsan: Playing games? Typical.

"Not a game, I was trying to prove a point." Carmen says.

Carmen: No game. I want a do-over.

Shadowsan: And you have it, next year, once you redo your coursework.

Carmen: You're not hearing me. Put on the coat. I want a do-over now.

Shadowsan: We do not bend policy for other students, so we really must stop doing it for you. Good night, Black Sheep.

Carmen: The coat was empty, wasn't it?

Shadowsan: Are you accusing a V.I.L.E. instructor of cheating?

"Was it?" Carmen asks only to be met with stony silence. 

Carmen: Um, s-sorry. It's just, I know I'm as good as anyone in my class. Better, even. And I know you know it too.

Shadowsan: And you also happen to be unruly, undisciplined, and a prankster! I would strongly urge that you find a way to get those qualities in check, since they seem to be holding you back.

"He was right about one thing." Player looks at Carmen as she stares at the screen.

"What do you mean Red?"

"I mean, those traits did hold me back, they stopped me from seeing the truth. They stopped me from knowing exactly what I was signing up for. Black Sheep never would of turned on VILE, but Carmen can do things Black Sheep never could."

Carmen: No. Nothing's holding me back. Not anymore.

Carmen sneaks out through the sewer pipeline.

Gray: Our first crime caper, where it all gets real!

Tigress: School's out, boys. Time to strut our stuff.

The helicopter takes off.

Gray: Bye-bye, Black Sheep.

We see that Carmen has stowed away.

Ending credit music plays.

"Wait that's where its ending!" Zack shouts.

"Man it was getting really good." Ivy says.

"Guys, Sera said it was a show, so this is probably split up into episodes. If you settle down the next one will probably start playing." Carmen laughs.

"Actually I'm giving you guys a fifteen minute break to use the bathroom and grab some snacks between episodes." Sera's voice announces. Zack and Ivy jump up to take advantage,

"Uh, Miss. Sandiego?" Carmen turns to see Julia.

"You can call me Carmen."

"Uh yes, of course, Carmen. I was just wondering... well, you are working against VILE aren't you?" She asks.

"Well Jules, you'll just have to wait and find out." Carmen pats her on the shoulder before following Player over to the snack table. Watching the renowned thief Julia can't help but believe that Carmen is the good guy despite what her track record has indicated. She never actually stole the Eye of Vishnu, was foiling VILE her ultimate goal?

Fifteen minutes later everyone was back in their seats, the screen lit up again as the next episode began.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439 0 9
Support Yuzuya~ multiple oc's will take place in this story. Do not leave hate, not a professional. And I DO NOT OWN any of the ideas from Yuzuya or...
13K 244 13
Yall know what time it is... All Disney characters do not belong to me except my character oc Maria
2.8K 49 9
Lol just something I did for fun I only own Carmen Henley , everything else belongs to Netflix
13.2K 270 23
I do not own Anne with an E! ( oc Γ— gilbert ) Season 1 - Season 2 #9 π’Šπ’ π’‚π’π’π’†π’”π’‰π’Šπ’“π’π’†π’š #16 π’Šπ’ 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆 #18 π’Šπ’ π’ˆπ’Šπ’π’ƒπ’†π’“π’•π’ƒπ’π’šπ’•π’‰οΏ½...