Dangerously In a Heartbeat

By imaginarysekai

"You want to die?" "I will even if don't want to. Life is there, so death exists. It's not like we can escape... More

Prologue
Chapter 01: Hollow and Void
Chapter 02: Insignificant
Chapter 03: A puppet
Chapter 04: Three Rules
Chapter 05: Who am I, really?
Chapter 06: Saga between the two Mafia.
Chapter 07: Must I break?
Chapter 08: Pretty fingers
Chapter 09: A stranger to me
Chapter 10: An Entrance
Chapter 11: Nathan Santiago
Chapter 12: Forsaken
Chapter 13: Damaged
Chapter 14: Firstborn and the eldest heir
Chapter 15: Fuck, fucking, and fucked
Chapter 16: The Fake
Chapter 17: Stepfather
Chapter 18: My Personal Monster

Chapter 17: Son of the Russian Mafia's

3.9K 128 41
By imaginarysekai

sᴏɴ ғ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜssɪᴀɴ ᴍᴀғɪᴀ's

ʜᴇʟᴇɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ
︵    ︵

"𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄?" 𝐌𝐘 eyes widen. I scoot away from him, my body is tensed and defensive, too aware of him. "How is that possible? You were murdered. Your whole family was." My voice was laced with uncertainty. How is that possible?

The Valente family was our greatest enemy and the cruelest mafia that couldn't be controlled. They took what they wanted, no matter how much blood they had to shed or what it cost. They always topped the Mafia world until our family took over. The Russian mafia was merciless, nobody could outrun when Valente ran the whole organization. However, Valente got exiled for some reason and his half-brother, Preston Levi is the person who took over and he is currently running the Mafia. It's very complicated, and I didn't do much research on the Valente family. 

All I'm aware of is that after Valente, Ace's father got exiled, their whole family was murdered.

Ace's eyes shift to me. The softness in his eyes was replaced with distaste and loathe. His lips parted, "I'm in flesh in front of you, Precious." He raised an eyebrow. My heart pounds faster when he calls me precious. His lips curled into a smirk. "I was never killed."

Silence fills the room for a hot minute before I open my mouth. I glare at him, "You are the son of the Russian Mafia's prior boss who was exiled. How am I supposed to believe you?"

Amusement sparkled in his dark eyes at my words. "Does it matter? Of course, I am the son of that bastard, but I survived."

A chuckle escapes my lips. I know better than to trust those who survive. I know that length I had to cross just to survive, and trust me, it is not a pretty sight. "It does matter. I cannot trust you. You're related to our most notorious enemy, and hell if I'd allow you to harm my family." I continue, "You're simply just not trustworthy." I say.

Ace watches me, rather calmly. A sinful smile on his lips as he tilts his neck. His collarbone is visible through the cotton shirt he wore, and I gulp, toring my gaze from his neck. His smile widens. "You do realize that it is your father and grandfather who brought me here? I work for them. It doesn't matter if you think I'm not worthy of your trust. You'll eventually get there." His words held a promise in them, and I glared at him. I hate the way my heart burns for him.

"How come are you alive then? I thought your whole family died in a fire after your father was exiled and killed in front of every Mafia." His eyes darken at my question. He lifts his hand, slowly tapping his finger on my palm. He drew circles, but I could tell he didn't want to answer my question.

"I'll tell you about that another time, precious." He lifts his lashes, dark eyes meeting my curious ones. He presses his lips together before he says, "I know you have lots of questions, but I can't answer it all for you right now, but when the right time comes, I'll tell you everything." He straightens his hand and presses his big hand against mine. My hand looks so tiny in his.

"Because you deserve the truth." Our hands entwine. "I promise." He says, his grip on my hand firm and gentle. My heart is in really bad condition right now.

"I'm fine with that, but what does this mean?" I stare at our entwined hands on his lap. His thumb caresses my hand. An amused chuckle escapes his lips. "What does it look like, precious?"

I didn't say anything and glared at him. The corner of his lips curls up.

He answers for me. "I think you already know. I'm your future husband. You are destined to marry me." My heartbeat fastens again. I tried to maintain my posture.

"What if I disagree?" He raises his bow at my questions.

"It's already a done deal. You have seven months til then." He states the obvious.

"What if I escape you by then? I don't plan to live here once I'm eighteen."

"We can live anywhere you want." He looks at me. Ace tugs on my hand a little, before getting serious. 

"I'm yours, and you will be mine after seven months, precious. So don't plan something absurd because I swear by every god that exists that I'll haunt you to the ends of the earth and find you. It doesn't matter where you hide." The sincerity and warning that rolled out of his velvet lips made shivers run down my spine.

He meant it. I knew the promise he made said that; I couldn't outrun him no matter where I hid. It's not like I plan to hide from him, but I'm certain he won't be able to find me unless I want him to.

The corner of my lips lifts up, and I free my hand from his grip. I sit up since I feel a bit better now.

"Want to eat? He asks. I nod my head. I was hungry. Ace takes a bowl of hot soup that was placed on the table and peers at me through his thick lashes. It really wasn't fair how pretty his lashes were or his eyes.

When Ace starts to lift the spoon, I quickly steal the bowl and spoon from him before softly placing it on my thighs. "I can eat by myself," I mutter, before taking a sip from the soup. The flavor was rich, and I liked how spicy it was. He glances down at me and hoisted an eyebrow.

⊶⤟  ❦  ⤠⊷

After I finished the soup, I felt much better. I wiped the corner of my lips before I had a thought.

I glance at Ace and he raises a bow. "Can  I ask you a question?"

"hmm." Ace's absolute attention is on me.

"Where did Axel and Ashton go? It's about the Mafia, isn't it?" I observe him. His eyes form into a glare and his jaw clenches a bit before he puts on his usual cold facade.

"Yes."

"What happened?" I press a bit more. He stares at me for a long time, and I begin to question if he will tell me. That was before he answered me.

"A gang attacked your Grandpa, Leonel. They infiltrated into his house." Ace's expression is entirely still. Not a hint of emotions slipped through him. He is like a stone. Hard and unbreakable. No one can make him move unless he allows it, and nothing can pass through him. I still refuse to trust him. Yes, he isn't my brother, and he is someone who's working for my family, but Ace survived. Because he survived, I know he is a monster.

"Leonel got hurt by a knife, Ashton and Axel went before anything else happened. We caught a few traitors who betrayed us." He explains a bit more. "What else?" From the way Ace was looking at me, I knew he wasn't saying something important. Something that especially had something to do with me.

"They left us a message." His eyes harden, and a glare makes its way to his pretty eyes.

"They want one of the princesses of the Italian Mafia. You or Hailie. Despite that, they especially want you." He says, before continuing. "That's why, you need to train. They want you because you don't know how to defend yourself. We taught Hailie the basics of fighting so she could protect herself. She knows how to use guns and knives. Your brothers only worry about you now." I nearly wanted to burst out into a fit of laughter at his stupid and foolish words, really.

"I can protect myself. Focus on Hailie, nothing should harm her." I don't want Hailie to be hurt. After all I went through, I'm only sane because she's alive.

"Look, precious. This is serious, you need to train." He stares at me as if there will be no way out for me from this. Well, I'll just go along with this since I don't have enough energy in me to argue with him.

If only he knew.

"Alright. Wait, who attacked Grandpa?" I ask him. I was too deep in thought to ask Ace who would dare to attack the Italian Mafia, let alone betray us.

"The Russian mafia, to be precise, it was Preston." He looks at me blankly as he states. I scowl at the information. Why can't Preston be a bit smart? I thought I gave him a warning, and he replied to it by attacking my grandpa. I'm going to fucking torture him.

"What why did I learn about it just now?" My voice was deadly serious.

Ace stands up. "Because you don't need to know." He looks at his phone. I stand up, grabbing his muscular arm.

"Look, you must tell me if the Russian Mafia gives you threats or warnings." I literally demanded from him, but lowered my angry tone.

He looks down at me, yanking his hand out of my grip."And why should I?" He was disagreeing with me. Even if he likes it or hates it, he has to tell me.

"That's none of your business," I say, and before I can let out a breath, my back is against the cold wall and his hands are on my waist. His huge frame was towering over mine, and I restrained the gulp in my throat. Damn me if I show how he affects me. I tilted my neck, lifting my head and shooting him a glare. His eyes showed nothing, and I felt his grip on my waist loosening. Ace takes my hand into his and brings my palm to his lips. His lips are so soft against my open palm. My breath was stuck in my throat, and my heart pounded dangerously fast in my chest. He lifts his thick lashes and looks at me. I didn't waver as he pressed his soft lips into my palm.

He lets go of my hand before he parts his lips and says, "You will always be my business, precious." Then, he turns his back on me and leaves my room, shutting the door with a soft thud.

God, my heartbeat is ever so dangerously rapid.

⁀➷

School is absolute shit. I hate life.

Vote, Comment & Share.

ℳ𝑒𝓁
🔪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 7K 28
"I thought I taught that mouth of yours a lesson." I said. "I need to be taught many lessons before accepting it, Mr Kovak." Her eyes lock with mine...
97.1K 1.6K 40
Caged, abused and tortured, Ariana's life had been a living hell until she was forced to spy on the most dangerous mafia in the whole world, La Cosa...
264K 2.5K 52
"I wanted what I wanted, fuck everything else. And what I wanted was her. Anaís Semaya." "Out of all the stars in the galaxy, you're by far the most...
588K 17.6K 52
𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐞𝐱-𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 �...