If You're Lucky...

De sillylittlething

If there is a God, well...He's got a fucked up sense of humor. I live in, and you too, by the way, a world fi... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 2

46 1 0
De sillylittlething

Tara and I sprinted out the school as soon as the bell rang. We ran as far as we could, sometimes swinging off each other's arms, and laughing. We stopped half way down the dirt path that led up to my house, panting.

"We've got to start working out." Tara panted, bending over to hold her knees. Her blue eyes looked at me, with a silly smile.

"Speak for yourself." I said, only slightly out of breath.

Tara held her hand out for me and I grabbed it, enclosing our fingers until our palms met. We walked together silently for awhile.

"Sunday's a full moon." Tara said softly, giving my hand a squeeze.

I smiled, nodding. "I can't wait."

"Your wolf is ready?" She asked, already knowing the answer. I let a moment of silence pass over us before I began to speak.

"It's Aiden's 18th birthday at midnight."

"Oh?" Tara thought out loud, looking over she squinted, "Is he excited?"

"I can't tell."

"It's a big life event." Tara added, kicking a rock. "I wonder who his wolf will choose."

18th birthdays are an important mile stone in every werewolf's life. The day you turn 18, you find your mate. The person you are destined to be with for the rest of your life. This is mostly for the male members of our society. Male's can imprint on younger females so it was uncommon enough that a female werewolf had to wait until her 18th birthday to find her mate.

"I hope I like whoever he imprints."

"You will!" Tara assured me. I wasn't as sure. Aiden had always preferred, what's a nice way to put this? Bimbos. I was hoping his wolf wasn't as dumb.

"Are you going to come to his party?" I asked her.

She grew silent for a moment and I looked over at her wondering what her silence was for.

"Am I allowed?"

Was she? I didn't know. She attended every birthday party that happened at my house since I met her, but this was an 18th birthday. My mind raced. If Tara wasn't allowed to Aiden's 18th, would she be allowed at mine? Would I even have one? Or would I be chosen by then?

Both of our concerns were interrupted by a loud howl.

"Ladies! We meet again." Garyson called happily.

"Where's Aiden?" I asked, pulling Tara behind me.

"He's...somewhere." Garyson motioned with his hands. "The festivities are beginning soon. Is Tara joining us?" He asked looking her up and down.

"Ew." I spat, pushing past him, and up the stairs into the house.

"Daddddd!" I called, looking around the dimly lit living room. The house was still and even with my hearing, I couldn't make out a noise. Tara and I climbed up the wooden stair case to my room.

The faded pink walls, posters, and other girl decor was a relaxing sight as compared to the rest of manly, dirty house. I slammed the door, crashing into the soft bed, Tara spreading herself out on the floor.

"I know I can't stay." Tara finally acknowledged. "I'm not part of the wolf club."

I  shrugged, suddenly feeling anxious. "Your club is cooler, Tara. And we don't know for sure you can't stay."

She rolled her eyes. "I can't stay but I will help you get ready for the party, though. Make sure your makeup is decent and you wearing something sexy."

I snorted. "Sexy! Yeah...sure!"

"You take no credit for yourself!" Tara exclaimed, grabbing my arm and pulling me up. "If only you could see what I see." Her dark eyes were gentle and she smiled.

"Plus with some makeup..." She started and I punched her jokingly.

She took her time applying all sorts of products I didn't know a face could need. But when was done and pulled me in front of a mirror, even I was stunned.

My baby blue eyes were fierce with the darkened eye shadows and liner. My eyelashes longer than anyone's I had ever seen. My lips, already plump, seemed larger and colored a deep red shade. My few freckles were hidden away.

Her finishing touches included waving my dirty blonde hair and selecting a killer outfit.

"I didn't do much." She scolded my compliments. "I just enhanced what was already there."

She took my hand, flipping it until the palm was facing her. "And last but not least, a palm reading!" She wiggled her eyebrows at me. I watched her work. She brought my hand close to her face, studying the hands and curves in my hands. She smirked looking up at me.

"You're going to meet someone tonight."

"How do you know!?" I gasped, grabbing my palm back, studying it myself. I never knew how this witch shit worked.

"Well I mean, all I can tell is you are gonna meet someone, tall, and something about new..."

"New? Someone new?"

"I don't know. Could be. Or it could be someone from your past that seems new or in a new light, I don't know...it's all soooo..wrinkly."

I frowned, crossing my arms. "You are the least helpful witch. Tall is the most vague description of a boy if I ever heard one."

Tara grinned, shrugging. "I never claimed to be all knowing. Plus I haven't exactly learned all the ways of my coven yet." She took my hand again squinting, moving it side to side as she searched again.

"Is Wes coming?" Tara asked, glancing upwards at me, and then back to my hand.

"Yep." I answered nonchalantly. "Why does my palm mention him?"

"No." I shifted uncomfortably. She dropped my hand. 

"Well?"

"I can only assume it means one of two things: either you are going to meet someone brand new or you are going to meet someone and see them in a new way. And it's definitely a tall boy."

I grinned shaking my head at her. She laughed out loud.

"Maybe..." She said daringly, moving closer to me, "You will hook up with someone hot wolf man." 

"Please don't call male werewolves, wolf men, that's just...weird." I said laughing.

 "Well you know what I mean..." She pushed me slightly with her hand.

"Yeah right. I can't even get human boys to notice me, much less a werewolf." I sunk back against my bed. 

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Tara cried out. "You are so attractive. In like a goddess type way. The boys at our school notice you, trust me. I see them staring at you when you walk by. I hear them whisper..."

"Then why has no one asked me out. Or took me out. Or tried to kiss me...other than Wes." 

"Jesus Christ, Ansley. I can't believe I have to explain this to you." Tara said shaking her head. "You are so attractive that no one has the confidence or the guts to even talk to you. And it doesn't help that you surround yourself by huge, dress like they are in the Outsiders, good looking, wolf men...I mean boys...I mean, fuck it. You know what I mean."

I furrowed my brow thinking. I didn't notice anyone looking at me or talking about me. Tara rolled her eyes.

"You are so oblivious." She muttered. "And Wes isn't a bad catch, Ans. The fact that after all this time he even had the guts to try is just like...sexy."

I was silent. Thinking about everything she had said. Tara was observant and had a great feel for her surroundings. I guess it's her witches intuition.

"Anyways...good luck!" She grinned and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back; her touch was always so calming. I wanted her to stay so badly.

"Call me the second you leave the party!" She warned, pointing at me, as she walked towards the door.

"Scouts honor." I called back as she left the room. I turned and faced myself in the mirror pensive. I looked myself over trying to piece it all together.

"I need a drink." I sighed.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

3.5K 70 5
WARNING: EXCERPT ONLY! "And you smell delicious too." He whispered beside my ear. "Like honey and cinnamon were mixed to create a scent so irresistib...
181K 12.4K 44
Forsaking God to kiss someone you hate might not be a smart decision, but damn does it hurt good. ✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.* Judith was never su...
92.2K 5.9K 32
Having survived three apocalypses - as if one weren't enough! - I knew how to stay alive in a world overrun by nightmarish monsters. Going on a suppl...
513K 13.2K 40
She was my sin in the middle of the night and the name my body craved. She was my passion and I was her curiosity. From her infectious smile to those...