Subtle Conspiracy

By IbtisamFatima293

"The king only bows down to his queen, The queen only cries to his King, For the cost of loyalty." The tale... More

Author's Note.
Character reveal.
A courtesy.
A dispute.
Olive suits for coaxing.
Once solace, Now betrayal.

Black coffee, no sugar.

43 6 12
By IbtisamFatima293

وہ جو ہم میں تم میں قرار تھا ،
تمہیں یاد ہو کہ نہ یاد ہو
~

The winter barely shower it weather on the city of lucks and lights- Karachi. One can never get the extreme winter here, the climate here is sprinkle with dust, moist and warm all the time of year.
Even in winter, the residuals of Karachi won't bother to wear sweaters and gloves because winter never bother to bring coldness. Very rarely happens: the little bit of cold breeze turn up in Karachi and the frizzy Karachaite pull over the mufflers and sweaters and they celebrate it in their ways. So, today, was blissfully that day.
Around the university road, inside the well built, cozy cafe, a young aged man seated at the corner table, wearing pumpkin colored sweater, while the blue collar peeks out from underneath, with blue jeans. Adjusting his elbows upon the table, he swipe at the phone screen with his narrowed eyes peeking behind the glasses, his cheeks deeply dug inside while his bright fair color shinned.
His phone belled and he swipe the call. His forehead creased and eyebrows frowned when the voice blurted out of speaker.

"Cool down Fardis! Who bite you?" He told across the phone as Fardis non stopped shouted.

"Yazdan! I can't believe that my brother hide his marriage to me."

"What!?? What marriage!??"

"Qasam sey mar mar kr bura hashar karun tumhara tou mai, jhootey. Now don't lie to me you pathetic spoon of Fardan bhai."

"Shut up! Why would I lie to you? " Yazdan scrunched his nose.

"Because, again you are a pathetic spoon of Fardan bhai and if he had hidden it then you would do that too!" Fardis screeched so loud that he had to push the phone back from his ear.

"Dare to call me pathetic spoon one more time and I swear I would smack all of your shinning teeth then see how you would smile to get over attention in that dumb faltu shop of yours."

"How dare you to call my shop faltu? You liar and cheaters."

"What did I lie about?"

"About Fardan bhai's marriage."

"And Who the hell told you this rumor?"

"Rumor? This is confirmed news, this isn't a rumor,okay?."

"Okay shut up, will you? Now, I don't know what are you talking about..." He was engrossed in the conversation that he didn't realized when a bold lady came across and stood beside his table, rolling her shoulders back and standing as ravishingly as ever. "No one is lying to you." He stood as soon as he acknowledged the signature fragrance swirling around him, his breath hitched but he manages to not get dazed, still not leaving the call he nodded to her and smiled to which she ignored and nodded back, they sat, "And if this matter belongs to him then ask him, don't run up to my nerves."

"You are rude!" She shouted as loud for Marjan, seated in front of Yazdan, to hear her clearly and recognize her voice, she sighed while the waiter placed the black coffee on the table, already ordered.

"No I am not. Now, If you and Rabail need anything call me at any hour, I repeat at any hour or your mafia husband would kill me. Take care. Allah Hafiz." As he heard the Allah Hafiz from next side he put the phone aside and finally eyed to the lady sitting in front of him.
Wearing a long black coat upon white button up soft shirt and white jeans, her dark black long hairs waving at her back. The black diamond earing shine in her ear lobe and plain black choker wrapped royally around her straighten neck. She seemed so lavishing with soft day make up to bless any ugly day, her pride and royalty was what make her composed and calm always no matter how hard storms are swirling beneath her after encountering with him, Yazdan, after 3 damn years.

"You know what once Plato said?" Yazdan cross his arms around his chest with a smile not leaving his mouth and she coldly listen with her hands intervined his her lap, "God always geometrizes."

"And I am weak at mathematics. Now come to the point." Yazdan couldn't find Marjan in the coldness of this woman speaking because his Marjan was all enthusiastic and cherish, though around him only.

"The point is that you still haven't learnt to differentiate among everything. Mathematics and geometry are different."

"The point is that you have taught me how to differentiate among people very well and I am glad for that. Now stop the stuff and come to the point." She passed a cold glare at him and sipped her black coffee, no sugar.

"Miss.. Oh sorry, Mrs. Marjan Noor, what is the point that you are trying to looking for? This is just a warm reunion." He raised his coffee cup in cheer.

"Do we reunite with the betrayals over and over again?"

"Betrayal never left the unity with you, they live with you until you don't have insecurities." She smiled and tilt her head upon his audacious confession of disloyalty, sipping her coffee, the smile slipped and paleness fresh across her face.

"Come to the point and, for your acknowledgement, the point is that you want to use me, again."

"I don't..."

"Don't drag it a lot. You are here to convince me, then go ahead!" She cut him off abruptly.

"look I don't urge you but I don't think there is any other person you are interested in so you can say no..." As if he knows, Marjan rolled her eyes, " and apart from that Mrs Fardan, you are going to do this."

"Can I know how are you convincing me without urging me?" Yazdan tore his gaze away as he gather words to state. He rubbed his palm together as the mysterious smirk played around his mouth. Clearing his throat, when their eyes met again, there was something known to Marjan in his deep black eyes and her chest felt heaviness.

"I will take you back to where you are always running away from." Yazdan's overly smirked pulled the sensitive string rotten long ago in Marjan's heart though she just frowned to what he said.

"My dear best friend, I know what are you always running away from and it won't take me seconds to bring it upon your face." The sudden realization hit Marjan and the blood rush hastily in her viens. The sun shouting horridly in her eyes. It felt as if some dried wounds are being tore apart again by Yazdan, his own. His best friend.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I don't have another way, do I?"Meanwhile he swipe across his phone screen and pushed it in front of her eyes. Her heart dropped in her stomach and she found herself back into the torture cell of her mind. The water was filling up in her eyes as she beheld the video, her chest was tightening and she was barely breathing engrossed in the old sheer catastrophic memory, when he pulled it back.

"Breath Marjan." He closed his phone and carelessly put it in his pocket as he hasn't destroyed yet another broken piece in Marjan. "This was just a past. A past you are afraid of and trying to run away. A past which scream at your door each night and I believe you still have those stinky nightmares which scare the shit out of yours and you spent your night screaming into nothingness. A past that could be bring back." Yazdan stated through his gritted teeth, the sea of venom storming in his eyes.

The tears pooled in her eyes of surrealism and treachery. She held her fingers so tight that her knuckles stretched white, as if they would start bleeding any moment while the billion of battles fight in her heart.
She want to held his collar and crush his skull but she can't because he was the only thing she had and didn't. She can't lose him even though she had nothing of him anymore.

"How could you do this to me?" she battle hard to not cry. Her coffee cup was half remaining and she couldn't sip it anymore for she wanted to spit out everything.

"I can do anything for you and Fardan, Mrs. Fardan." Yazdan chirped with exasperating smirk and she abruptly stood, clearing her tears away, she turned around, gather her boldness and courage back by rolling her shoulders to be representable Marjan she have become and not one with insecurities, past and trepidations. Not one whom Yazdan known very well.

"You know what once Plato said?" As she was about to step away, his voice halt her in space of nothingness, "God Always Geometrizes. Connection, consonance, conspiracies. He always geometrizes everything in the story He writes."

Didn't wanted to hear anything else, she marched her way out, still aware of the steps chasing behind her. She took the key out and struggle it inside the car when Yazdan voice shoot in her ears before she raced her car away.

"Tomorrow morning be in his office. Otherwise, you know me and I know you, sugar."
~
SO here it goes, the war of betrayals, trepidation and mistakes.

As per promised, this isn't tuesday. Sorry! Anyways, I hope you would understand because I am going to have Mcat soon enough, InshAllah and it is being so much dramatic.

Plus, the next update on Sunday, hopefully, InshAllah.

Stay bless, beautiful and tuned, till the next time.
IF! ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

803K 67.9K 35
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
1.2M 113K 42
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 π‘πšπ­π‘π¨π«πž π†πžπ§'𝐬 π‹π¨π―πž π’πšπ πš π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
351K 11.1K 35
The Sokolov brothers are everything most girls want. Intimidating, tall, broody, they are everything to lust after. Not that they... particularly car...
790K 40K 35
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...