π’π€π•πˆπŽπ‘ | Mj urban story

By sellibeau

{2021 MJFA's Best Urban winner} Michael Jackson, street thug, makes contact with a young girl around his age... More

Cast-welcome
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39

CHAPTER 10

1.7K 62 644
By sellibeau

A/n: first and foremost pray for nigeria y'all . that place is special to me because it's a part of me and I got family there too . i hate to see it suffer like this .

#endSARS sign the petitions .

__

🎶So wassup? You alright? Pull up. Im outside🎶
-burna

T.H.U.G - the hate u give
____________

       The day was warm. Breezy. Mischief and violence weren't rare in this era and this location. Children roamed the streets, causing trouble instead of being in school, or warm in their beds. Mischief was a word concerned mothers used to describe their "out of control" children—but really it was just life. That was the sad part.

"Aye Mike, Jeremiah!" They turned their heads towards a group of boys in an alleyway, huddling around a small black object. The ground was wet and the air was humid but they still never failed to take a day out the house and "enjoy the weather"

"Wassup?" Jeremiah tilted his head, walking slowly towards the 3 boys. "Look at this shit."

The boy lifted up the object, immediately causing Michael and Jeremiah to step back. "Nigga what the fuck?" Michael shoved him. "Put that shit away. You want us to get caught?"

"Ain't nobody gon' catch us." Another boy waved him off.

It was a gun. Not too big not too small. These boys were young—just in high school. They didn't care about school and looked up to the wrong people, wanting everything in their power to be like them.

King's (Jeremiah's) brows raised. "Where'd you get that shit?"

"Afta our house got robbed a few years back my mama been on edge since then. She bought a gun 'n it ain't a secret where she keeps it. She'n know I know where it is." The boy replied with a sneaky laugh, flaunting it and showcasing it like they were at show 'n tell.

"Lemme see." Michael reached out his hand, briefly licking his lips before having it placed onto the palm of his hand. The moment he touched it, something sparked. He felt almost obligated to handle it. Like it was a privilege. "Why you carryin' this around?" He said instead, disregarding his true inner fascination

The boy shrugged. "Why the fuck not? My brotha got one a these and he ain't afraid to use it. It's dangerous out here anyways. Y'all should get ya own too."

"My own?" Michael scoffed. "Nigga my Maw would slap the fuck outta me. She'a find out before I even bring this shit up in the house."

"We deserve this." He responded, glancing at them again. "Nothin's more important than jus' bein' a lil strapped up...y'know?"

Naija-omniscient

Naija's Journal

November 12, 2019

       I forgot what it feels like to eat, sleep, move, or think. Being kissed is the last thing I'd ever expect to happen to me. I can't think straight.

Love, Naija R.

The day was bleak as always. It rained all week.

The kiss was on her mind and it wouldn't leave.

She became even more awkward than before towards him—but not in a negative way. It was only the morning after the incident—not too long later. She put her journal away, sliding it under Michael's bedside table where she usually keeps it.

She heard him in the kitchen, most likely making breakfast which was usually something simple. She was too anxious to even be in the same room as him again. She felt butterflies every single time she even looked at him—today alone.

They didn't speak about the kiss yet, and he acted like it was any normal day. He seemed neutral, like it was natural.

Her stomach growled, causing her to look down at it and swallow, moving her legs off of the bed making it dangle, and soon she was on her feet. She peeked out the doorway, shrieking as soon as Bear ran past her from the bathroom.

Her fingers gripped around her phone, and she gulped again, walking out of the room and heading towards the kitchen where he was. "Bear, I swear to God." He fussed, holding a hot tray of whatever he brought out of the oven-

"If you make me drop this shit I'm yellin' at you. And I'll make you cry."

He didn't see her, but felt her presence without even having to. He noticed that no matter how quiet she tries to be, she always makes herself noticeable.

"You ain't invisible, jit." He called out with his back turned, bringing out paper plates.

She stepped out from the corner of the wall with her eyes to the floor. She gulped again and looked at him, and he turned around making eye contact with her making her gasp and look back down.

He straight faced her and eyed her up and down. "Now I ain't surprised at the way you starin' at the ground 'n shit but I'll always question it." He shook his head turning back to what he was doing before.

The air smelled delicious, a nice cinnamon aroma. She wanted to ask what he made but was too awkward to even open her mouth. "'N I know you hungry so don't even do allat "I ain't hungry" shit. 'Cause I know you is."

He read her mind

She cleared her throat and gracefully walked further into the kitchen, glancing at the food and her eyes went big. It was just cinnamon rolls. It was nothing too extravagant but anything was extravagant to her.

She peeked over his shoulder—but it didn't take long before he turned around again and cocked a brow, making her face forward and nearly shriek the way she would when she sees Bear. "Ight, wassup?" He sighed, crossing his arms at her.

"Hm?" She acted confused

"You more jumpy than usual. You got somethin' you wanna tell me?"

She placed her hands behind her back and looked at the floor, moving her feet around and pointing her toes towards the floor like a ballet dancer would. Her voice was small. "W-why'd you kiss me?" She uttered out.

He didn't answer right away but just let out a dry laugh instead. "Why'd I kiss you?" He repeated. "'Cause I like you. Why else would I do it?"

Her eyes widened and her heart began to beat faster. Those words never left anyone's mouth towards her and it caught her off guard for a second. He took a bite of his cinnamon roll, blankly staring at her like what he said wasn't life changing for her.

"Y-You like me?"

"I'on really like repeatin' myself, jit. Takes too much energy."

She was far from understanding anything that was aimlessly coming out of his mouth. "What's...there to like about me?" She lowly asked. "There's nothing to like about me."

He raised a brow towards her, staring at her for a few moments before getting lost into his thoughts. He wasn't sure what was drawing him to her but the kiss was necessary and he didn't regret it. He doesn't do relationships often—and quite frankly he rarely ever did.

"If there's nothin' to like about you then I wouldn't like you." He reminded her, chewing his food casually. The way he was gazing into her eyes gave her more reason not to even look into them and further avoid eye contact.

She didn't answer and just stared into space, thinking about his words carefully. She seemed genuinely confused and that's what bothered him. "Why you so confused about it?"

She shrugged her shoulders subtly and just stared at the tiled floor as her heart only proceeded to beat faster by the second. He was nonchalant about it now, but inside he's just as confused as she is. His mind is barely focused on girls or relationships. Money and authority is always on his mind. Street cred and power is what he desired.

"Look, jit." He started, taking another bite of his food. "Usually I ain't one to jus' go 'round kissin' people, confessin' my feelings, sharin' shit about my personal life 'n all—but if you realize it, I been doin' allat wit' you so far. Obviously I see somethin' in you that i'on see in others."

She was all ears as he continued to talk. "I been in 'n outta jail fa years. I missed a lot about life." He scoffed shaking his head. He had more to say but kept it short and casual.

He inched closer to her, nearly face to face, making her completely freeze in her spot as her eyes widened, thinking he was going to kiss her again. "N not to confuse you or nothin', but you ain't an experiment or a reason fa me to have fun while I'm outta jail—iss jus' the start." He clarified.

He stepped back from her and picked back up his plate, proceeding to eat his breakfast. She didn't move but her lips curved into a small smile, feeling that same weird butterfly feeling in her stomach again.

"Oh.." she hummed staying silent for just a few moments longer before speaking again. "You really like me?"

He scoffed and shook his head exhaling loudly. "You 'n them stupid questions." He pulled out his phone and ignored her question, not feeling the need to repeat himself. "Eat ya food jit."

She listened to him and grabbed her plate of food with the smile on her lips never subsiding. The thought of someone really liking her more than a friend and even just as a person sat just right with her. It was unusual—but she liked feeling this way.

"Wassup King?" She snapped out of her thoughts as she heard his voice from beside her. He was on the phone with King as usual.

"We still hittin' the club? They opened back up afta that dumb ass shootin' that happened a lil while back."

It was the club they were in shortly before gunshots were heard, sending them to flee and raid the streets while shooting out their cars and at each other. They were after Rich that night and it was the same night Michael took Naija home after finding her out alone at night-

"They opened already? Shit less go, I ain't complainin'." He nodded as if King could see him.

The conversation wasn't long. He put his phone away and looked back at her as she ate her food slowly—obviously deep into thought about things. She nearly nibbled at her food, taking each bite like she was examining it for poison.

"I like you too." She suddenly uttered out, placing her fists gently to her mouth, squeezing her eyes shut after saying.

She had been meaning to say it shortly after he explained his feelings towards her but didn't have the guts. It took a lot of courage for her to even think about saying those words back. "Bianca's gonna be so proud of me." She thought

He smiled, which was something she rarely saw him do. She noticed that he'd just smirk or show a dry or fake smile, a sign of not being amused at anything put in front of him. "I know that, Naija. It ain't hard to tell." He cockily replied and lifted himself from leaning against the countertop to walk towards her

He was done with his food but she was only halfway done with her's. His arms were crossed and secured but he swiftly leaned down close to her, but not too close-

She wasn't sure what he was about to do but they paused, hearing Bear's paws hitting the tiled floor and stopping just a distance from them. He turned his head towards Bear who stared at them in confusion. It's the closest he's ever seen them and he was surely confused.

"Whachu lookin' at boy?" Michael jerked at the dog, making him run away as his paws hit the floor again. Naija laughed lightly and felt like she couldn't even finish her food without feeling that feeling in her stomach.

"I ain't got much plans today, jit." He pointed out, stretching his arms and letting out an exaggerated yawn. "I'on know if you wanna come but I'm goin' out." He said and was halfway out the of the kitchen before her voice stopped him

"I'll come." She assured him, fidgeting around with her fingers, avoiding eye contact as always

His brow raised but he didn't object. He knew she wouldn't want to stay at his place mainly because of what happened last time—the shooting.

"Ight." He casually nodded.

Their shoes were on and they were changed and freshened up. The thought of leaving the house was always an exciting feeling for Naija. She's always been in the house growing up and is a bit too used to it.

She was on the couch, waiting for him to emerge from the hallway so they could leave. She took advantage and put on Juice while he was gone and planned on quickly changing it to something else the minute he comes back.

Her knees were pulled up to her chest and her eyes scanned the TV closely like a child watching cartoons would. She had on a hoodie as usual but wore some jeans as opposed to leggings or boy shorts. Her hood was pulled over her head and the sleeves hung off of her arms.

"Ight jit-" she glanced at him briefly and scrambled to change the channel but he already saw what she was watching, making her smile nervously while he kissed his teeth. "The fu-" he shook his head. "I'on know how you could watch that shit over and over like that. If I tried that I'd rip my damn hair out." He looked her up and down as she just laughed in return

He was about to say something again before the doorbell rang, making him exhale, muttering curse words and such under his breath. He opened it, and although Naija couldn't see who he was seeing from her angle, she knew he didn't like who it was.

Michael breathed deeply through his nose and leaned against the door, blankly looking at Pop. "I thought I told you to get the fuck lost, Pop."

"Look nigga," he started. "you know me. I ain't want no trouble wit' you 'n King. I jus' want some Coke 'n I'a be on my way."

"Why the hell you comin' ta me fa dat?" His face twisted. "My days of doin' that shit-"

"Ya days ain't over quit allat." Pop waved him off. "Y'all would do anything fa money 'n I know you still sellin' dat shit too."

"I ain't cool wit' you pop."

"Half the damn streets ain't cool wit' me but it's business. Ya work wit' people you'n like." He shrugged. "You gon' take ma money or what?"

Michael kissed his teeth and stared at him for a long time before speaking again. "Stay hea. 'N if I catch you steppin' one foot in my crib.." he paused and laughed dryly before walking back to his room, saying no words afterwards.

Naija heard the conversation but stayed frozen in her spot, not daring to see who this "Pop" person was. There were probably a lot of people Michael had bad blood with and didn't want to know the half of it.

Pop stood just in the doorway, leaning against the brick wall lightly. He looked rough. Ever since he served his sentence in jail, he hasn't been the same every since.

Michael came back shortly after, holding a small plastic bag of it in his hand. It disgusted him that he used to sell drugs and he used to do it in high school but stopped after getting caught multiple times—he started selling again just as a hustle. "Take it 'n gimme all the damn cash. I ain't playin' around."

Pop kissed his teeth and dug into his pockets, snarling. "Why you bein' all cold these days? We used to be cool as fuck-"

"Gimme the damn cash Pop."

"If it's bout the prison situation—iss what I said before—I wasn't goin' down alone. Now my name is painted wit' that damn title-"

"A snitch." Michael fake smiled. "And you can save ya words, Pop. I'on give a fuck about 'em."

Pop snarled again and slapped the cash into the palm of his hand. "Ight I'm on my way. Money done changed you Mike."

"Mmh." He nodded, counting the money, not really having the plans let listening too Pop's meaningless words. They always meant nothing. Being a snitch in the streets just meant letting your name be tarnished. Nobody likes a snitch.

"Jus' like ya dad." Pop suddenly said. "Desperate fa money."

Michael looked up and paused, lowering his brows before stuffing the cash into his pocket. "Whachu say?"

Pop surrendered up his hands lazily, knowing what he said would've bothered him. "Nothin'. I'a be on ma way."

Michael asked no further questions but instead took the gun from his pocket and swung it across Pop's face, sending him to the ground in a flash. Naija gasped and hid behind the pillow she sat next to, peeking her head up at the scene.

"Imma let you lay there 'n gather yaself first. 2 more minutes pass 'n you're still there—you're dead."

He slammed the door and stuffed his gun back into his pocket and glanced at Naija who looked like a deer caught in the headlights. "Ight. Less go jit." He casually said despite what just happened.

She slowly stood to her feet and looked around for her shoes as he walked back to his room to put the money away. She asked no questions about what just happened but didn't plan on asking anyway.

He led her outside and luckily Pop was gone. "I ain't even got no bullets to shoot him anyway. Jus' wanted to scare his ass off." He muttered before stepping off of his porch as she followed quietly beside him. He was about to ask her something before they heard a familiar voice

"Mike ma man!" It was Tyson. The annoying 12 year old boy.

Michael rolled his eyes far up his head as Naija only kept a solemn smile on her face as always. "Please go away."

"I can't jus' say hi to my best friend?" Tyson kissed his teeth and gestured to dap Michael up but was denied just like last time—so he moved on over to Naija to dap her up

She looked at him confused and lifted her hand up awkwardly, matching his movements. He guided her slowly. "Yup like that, see? Aye, Mike she my homie now y'hear?"

Michael scoffed and looked at Naija who proceeded to stand there awkwardly after having to dap the boy up unwillingly.

"Ight Ty. You makin' some people uncomfortable 'n by some people I mean me. Sayonara."

"Nah nah wait." His light voice squeaked. "I been seein' you around this girl for a lil while now. Are y'all togetha?" He wiggled his brows up and down.

Naija visibly turned red and silently gasped as her eyes went wide. Hearing those words just reminded her again of their kiss and how awkward it is between them now—at least just on her end.

Michael smirked and laughed dryly. "I ain't answerin' no questions."

"If that ain't the case then I still got a shot right? She look about 20." He counted his fingers. "I'm jus' like 8 years behind! I'm a ladies man." He grinned up at Naija who wanted to exit through any door in sight.

"Nigga get yo 9 year old ass outta here. You too young fa girls anyway. Go focus on ya books." Michael waved him off, walking further towards his car as Naija followed again.

"I'm 12!" He exclaimed stubbornly. "And school sucks." He rolled his eyes. "I bet my mama thinks I'm there right now." He proudly crossed his arms. "I ain't gone in like a week."

Michael looked him up and down before unlocking his car. "Thass why you so dumb?"

He gasped like he was offended and just stomped off, planning to bother some other people around the neighborhood as always. It was a routine.

"You still think he's "adorable?" He asked Naija, quoting the words she used to describe Tyson the first time she met him and she shrugged subtly. "Mmh." She hummed unsure of herself, making him laugh shortly.

"That nigga gon' be the death a me." He shook his head and adjusted his mirrors, texting King before putting the car in reverse and began to cruise down the streets.

"'N by the way, my bad fa what you witnessed back at ma crib." He said, chewing his gum casually. "Pop's a piece of shit."

"I don't mind." She denied, peering out the window

"I don't mind." He mocked in a light voice. "I know you curious as fuck."

She uses the opportunity to voice her questions. "Then...who is he?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. He was looking straight at the road so she felt more confident to actually look at him instead of keeping her eyes to the floor

"A bitch."

"A bitch." She repeated and he laughed lightly again. "Lemme stop." He waved himself off. "He snitched on me 'n a couple others ova somethin' complicated a lil while back. Landed us all in jail. Everyone hates him for it 'n he deserves it honestly."

"Snitched..." she repeated and he looked over at her, raising a brow. "You gon' repeat everything I say or you gon' listen?"

"My bad." She sheepishly smiled and he shook his head before continuing. "People like me, we value loyalty. Nobody really can be trusted out here. The last people you'd expect to turn ya backs on you would hurt you the most."

His words were personal, regarding his mother, and many others who have walked out on him.

"King for example," he said instead. "That nigga's my best friend. If he's ever in trouble then I'd cover fa him no doubt. He been wit' me through the bad days 'n good. Shit—he's my brother. I'd never turn my back on him. Bonds is the best thing to have out here jit."

She once again was so fascinated in what he was talking about that she didn't realize how hard she was staring at him. He chewed his gum and pulled into a driveway. It was a short drive but it was worth it.

They were just at King's place and usually the visits are somewhat short.

They got out of the car and Naija being Naija, she kept the hood above her head.

He pulled it down kissing his teeth. "What I say bout allat?" He fussed before they approached the door, ringing it about 4 times before King opened it—clearly in a haze.

"I heard yo ass the first time you rang it." He groaned. "I had to walk all the way from the basement to get here. Cut me some damn slack." He lazily complained, opening the door wider for them to enter as Michael shook his head

"Ouu! You brought Nai!" Bianca sprung up from the couch. "I knew you'd make me proud today." She pet Michael on the head like he was a dog, causing him to straight face her.

"So no hi Michael? Ight den." He shook his head once more as she scoffed at him after hugging Naija. "First thing I sensed was attitude from you so I ain't bother." She waved him off

"'N the first thing I saw was them fake lashes on yo eyes the second I walked in." He replied and she bursted out laughing, swatting at him before King emerged from the kitchen

"What y'all hea fo? Club ain't lit 'til 8." He asked, opening up a Red Bull.

"Came ta get somethin', and we'a be there." Michael said, then following King down to the basement—their main site for "business"

Naija felt her skin crawling the moment she saw them go down to the basement. Basements don't sit well with her and they remind her of some unwanted memories...

Bianca could just tell she wouldn't want to go down there so they stayed on the higher level of the house watching TV.

They had various short conversations and although Naija isn't really the social type, they still found things to talk about. One question of her's caught Bianca off guard. "You said what?"

"I said..." Naija trailed off. "How are you supposed to feel after...getting kissed?" She asked it subtly but then paused hearing Bianca's silence. "A-askin' for a friend."

Bianca kissed her teeth. "You betta stop wit' that "askin' fa a friend shit." She laughed, scolding her before narrowing her eyes. "Why you askin'?"

She fidgeted with her fingers and felt that familiar feeling in her stomach again. "Just...for fun." She looked over her shoulder, shutting her eyes closed before hearing a squeal

"Wait a damn minute!" Bianca nearly jumped off of the couch just like Ameera would do. "Did Mike kiss you?!"

She didn't answer, automatically answering her question. "You fa real?!" She nearly screamed again. "I knew that nigga liked yo ass!"

Naija blissfully sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "I guess.."

"'N you'n know how to feel!" Bianca narrated the whole situation squealing after every word. "'N you prolly gettin' butterflies 'n shit around him now-"

Usually Bianca is laid back with a chill attitude just like King. Their personalities mixed perfectly together. Right about now she'd be considered out of character. She was just too excited.

"I-is that how you felt around King?" Naija asked, knitting her brows as Bianca shrugged her shoulders. "I mean yeah, but it only lasted fa a lil while. It'll fade away, trust me."

"Do the butterflies mean I'm awkward then?"

"I mean you the most awkward person I done ever met but everybody gets it around the people they like." She waved it off with a smile. "You gon' be like my lil student. I'a teach you everything there is bout this shit. Ight?"

Naija nodded her head quickly

Omniscient—

Meanwhile, while the girls were upstairs, Michael and King were in the basement discussing some things.

"He did what?"

"The nigga mentioned my dad—it was bout the most weirdest conversation you could imagine."

King pulled out a small box full of bullets. "How he know bout yo dad? You'n even know that much bout ya own dad."

Michael shrugged and pulled out his gun, swiftly loading it up. "I ain't surprised these niggas might know him. He was a thug too." He replied. "He was out doin' the same shit we doin' but I'm sure he was more hardcore. Thass why he done got himself killed. Thass all I know."

Michael's father died when he was about 4. He has little memories with his father but knows for sure that he engaged in the dangers of the streets, getting gunned down eventually. His mother was devastated and fell into a state of depression, eventually abandoning Michael with no trace—leaving him with his grandma (Maw)

"Pop's jus' like Stoke: full a shit." King shook his head, lighting up another blunt. "He came crawlin' back fa mo coke right?"

"Right." Michael nodded, tucking his bottom lip under his teeth, before kissing his gun and placing it back into his pocket. "I woulda told that nigga ta bounce but he had bands. Couldn't resist. You know what I'm sayin'?"

King lazily laughed. "Iss a damn drag but yeah."

They walked back up the stairs and as soon as they did, both Naija and Bianca sat straight and acted like they weren't just having the deepest conversation- "I'a text you instead." Bianca whispered but it was clearly heard

"Text her what?" Michael cocked a brow as she stood from the couch and kissed her teeth. "Nigga mind ya business."

Naija stood to her feet and walked toward the door where Michael was headed. "See y'all at the club. Don't have too much fun 'til then." Bianca wiggled her brows up and down

Michael scrounged his face up. "The fuck-"

"Aye you hittin' up Uly?" King asked, placing his arm around Bianca as they walked them to the door

Michael kissed his teeth. "Nah Uly told me to shut up the last time we hung. He can stay his ass in his room and think about what he said to me."

King laughed. "I'm sure he ain't wanna come anyway. Nigga's prolly eatin' everything in sight right now. Catch y'all later ight?"

They dapped and dipped.

The ride home was short as always. Time passed faster than expected and Michael had fallen asleep on the couch while Naija took that time to watch Juice—thinking he wouldn't notice.

The sound of Bear playing with his chew toys woke Michael right up, making him check the time. "Shit." He cursed

It was 7:30 and the club was always the most fun around this time. King and Bianca would already be on their way. "You ain't wake me up, jit." He jokingly scolded her, sitting up to stretch his arms, acting as if he hadn't gotten sleep in days.

She jumped, seeing him shirtless and staring right at her and turned her head. She was actually already dressed. She wore the black knee length dress Bianca bought for her the day they went to the mall. She had no makeup but her natural beauty was enough

Seeing her in the dress the first time had him not thinking straight but a second time nearly blew his mind. "You comin'?" He questioned. He didn't think she'd want to come considering she isn't the type to go out to a crowded area

"Mmh." She hummed. "Bianca said I should." She replied with a small but nervous smile.

He proceeded to stare and had something in mind before checking the time again, making him disappear towards his room.

She noticed it looked like he wanted to kiss her again, but held back.

He came back in a matter of minutes, wearing something casual—his usual attire. Nobody would catch him wearing a suit.

They entered the car, driving in a peaceful silence. The sky began to grow darker and darker, preparing to bring out the stars. He drove at a fast pace but it was safe for the most part. "You ever drink, jit?" He asked, smoking a blunt which didn't fail to diffuse across the car

She shook her head. "Never."

"You'n want even want a sip?"

She laughed lightly and shook her head shyly. "I'm underage." She denied

He kissed his teeth. "And? I been drinkin' since 17. Shit. I been drivin' since 14." He scoffed. "All you gotta do is not get caught."

She gasped at his words and he glanced at her with just a smirk.

Suddenly he turned the wheel sharply, kissing his teeth before stopping at a red light. "Nigga ain't even signal. If I hit him he woulda came cryin' ta me." He said, referring to someone who cut him off in the lane. He pressed the horn about 5 times before proceeding to curse under his breath, beginning to drive again.

Despite all that, they made it to the club in a matter of 20 minutes. It was crowded and people were eager to get in after it was closed for some time. After all, it's the best in town.

He could already sense her nervousness without her having to indicate it. "You'a be ight, ma. Iss jus' the club. Stay by me." He casually said as they exited the car, beginning to walk across the parking lot.

The line of entrance wasn't too long and in no time they were inside. The lights went crazy and people went wild.

It didn't take long to spot King and Bianca, lingering by the bar taking a couple shots. "You ordered a round already?" Michael dapped King up who already had his 4th shot. "Nigga you late again."

"I fell asleep." He waved him off and sat down on a stool, lifting up a drink to take a long sip of it, slamming it down on the table, letting out a refreshing sigh. "Shit. Hit me up." He ordered another round

Naija stood beside Bianca, looking around at everyone uneasily. She stood extra close by and didn't want to interact with anyone else. She glanced at the drinks they were drinking and contemplated on drinking some but backed out and just decided to enjoy herself without it—or at least try to

The voices around her got louder and louder, making her become more and more uneasy each second that ticked.

She wasn't used to being around this many people. Her heart began to beat faster and she slowly began to sweat. Her breathing became deeper and faster and her eyes raced, seeing as more people entered. She wanted badly to leave.

Michael spotted her and immediately rose from his seat. "Hol' up." He told King, walking over to Naija who looked as if she were about to cry. "You ight, ma?" He asked her, curiously examining her.

She swallowed and shook her head quickly. "C-can I leave?" She asked lowly. Although the music was loud, he still heard her soft voice. "Ight." He nodded his head, looking back at the others. "Aye, we gon' get some fresh air." He assured them, escorting her out.

She felt suffocated in that place being around all those people. She felt awkward and exposed. Getting outside felt much better as she took a deep breath and closed her eyes, holding her hand to her chest. The fresh air relaxed her and she was at ease by the time they got back into the car.

He didn't drink too much—only 2 shots. He blew from his blunt with the window open, letting the breeze from outside enter the car.

She felt much better. She sighed, resting her cheek against her knuckle. "I'm sorry."

He turned and looked at her casually, furrowing his brows. "Fo what?"

"You don't have to stay here with me. You can go back." She assured him. "I don't wanna ruin your night."

He shook his head with a scoff. "Yeah, like I'd leave you here by yaself."

"I'll be fine." She muttered lightly playing with the thin strings hanging off her dress.

"Uh huh." He hummed and in a way that wasn't convincing. "You shoulda told me you'n wanna come. I had a feelin' you wouldn't dig it here."

"Yeah." She lowly said. "I wanted to get out my comfort zone."

"Don't push yaself jit. You wanna go back or stay in here?"

She smiled lightly and rested her head against the seat. "I like it here." She settled

"I like it here." He mocked her. "Head ass."

She laughed lightly and suddenly her conversation with Bianca popped into her brain. "So...y-you like me?" She asked again. She found herself asking it over and over again in her head and naturally she voiced it

He blew the smoke from his blunt into her face, causing her to cough like last time. "What I tell you? I'on like repeatin' myself."

She stopped coughing and just looked down into thought again.

"I been avoidin' it all day. I'on know what we is but lemme tell you—I call the shots."

She furrowed her brows. "You call the sho-" she was interrupted with him suddenly kissing her, just like last night. It was gentle again, and this time he knew what he what he was doing. She was always caught off guard but kissed back shyly

It didn't last too long as he pulled back. She gazed into his eyes, frozen as always. Her face grew red and she felt those butterflies Bianca described, flapping  their wings to take off and fly in her stomach

She faced forward and stared to her front, eyes wide and in bliss. He laughed, shaking his head seeing her all sheepish. "Shy as fuck."

The kiss made her smile again. From what she's known over the years, it's a sign of affection. Admiration.

She was delighted at the thought that someone actually admired her for the first time in her life.

"So iss official, jit." He said, blowing from his blunt yet again. She looked up curiously. "Official?"

He kissed his teeth at her obliviousness. "I'm all fa you now, ma." He rephrased, making her sit back and face forward again, thinking about his words:

"All for me.." she repeated and that same smile curved into her lips. It felt right saying it.

He suddenly reached up and started the car, throwing his blunt out the window. "Whachu wanna do now, jit?"

She was still a little shook at what he just told her but managed to utter out the first thing that came to her mind. "Cold Stone Creamery?" She grinned hopefully and he laughed lightly again. "I put you on huh?"

She nodded happily. "Mmh."

He began to drive, letting the soft music from the radio play and the breeze from outside blow in. He left a smile on her face. She was smiling ear to ear—something she also rarely does. He brought out the happy in her.

"My Maw gon' like you."
_____

A/n: oof

this was longer than I expected ...

not me saying I'd update this shortly after the last chapter and ended up updating like almost a month later :o

question: do y'all like horror movies and thrillers ?👀

i love them sjsksjsk . *me watching Orphan at 11pm in the dark in my room instead of studying yesterday*

anywho, hope y'all enjoyed . have a great day and don't pull out the 9 .

now imma get back to watching the badwiggies on tik tok 🥰

deuces

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 1.4K 29
Now I'm Wondering Was Moving Back Home For The Better Or WORST? (ON HOLD) Highest Rank #1 Drugdealer #2 Babymama #2 hoodlove #3 Urban #4 thuglove #5...
87.1K 2.1K 38
"𝑰 π’Žπ’†π’‚π’ 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝑰𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’π’˜π’ π’π’Šπ’•π’•π’π’† π’˜π’π’“π’π’… 𝑾𝒆 π’ƒπ’–π’Šπ’π’• 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’‡π’π’–π’π’…π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’, π’†π’—π’†π’“π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ...
54.5K 1.7K 33
{MJFAs 2019 Winner - Hidden Gems} [COMPLETED] He wants her in his strange hotel... In his red velvet room. Where pleasure may await...and she ain't g...
728K 25.9K 68
𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 π’˜π’‰π’†π’ π’†π’—π’†π’“π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒏 π’šπ’π’– ? 𝑾𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒐 π’šπ’π’– 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒐 ?