Abandoned

By Rhys2624

A small boy shivering in the rain on the cold streets. Turns out to he's someone from his past. Someone he co... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49 (End)
Extra- Honeymoon
Alternate Ending

Chapter 25

2K 106 17
By Rhys2624

Emmie's pov:

We are now sitting on the couch in the living room waiting for them to arrive.

Dan had called Ben saying that they wanted to hangout since it's been a long time since we've seen each other.

"They're playing dumb huh?" I hissed lowly.

Ben also looked furious. "Yeah. But let's play along for a while. We can get more evidence out of them that way."

I nodded.

Around 15 minutes later the doorbell rung.

I went and opened it.

"Emmie! It's been so long!" Ava squealed and wrapped her arms around me.

I wanted to slap her as hard as i could but i held back and smiled.

"Its been a while Dan, Ava." I said and led them inside.

"Hey Ben!" Dan went and hugged Ben.

"It's been a while Dan."He smiled and patted his back.

"Where's your son?" I asked.

They flinched for a split second but recovered quickly.

"Oh he's at home. He said he didn't want to come. You know he's at that age." Ava chuckled nervously.

I gritted my teeth.

"I heard you had a second son. What's his name? Ren was it?" Ben spoke up as we sat down.

"Y-yeah! He's at home with his nanny." They said.

"Nah Ava. I want to clear some doubt." I turned to her.

She looked at me.

"I find it kind of weird. I heard you declared Ren as your first and only son. But that's not true is it?" I asked sweetly.

They gulped visibly.

"W-well Ming doesn't really go with us to events so people just jumped to conclusions." Dan said after a while.

"Is that so?" Ben sat back.

I could tell his patience was wearing thin.

I wasn't any better.

"The last we remember Ming really loved my cooking and he would always want to come here and hang out. And now he didn't want to come?" I raised an eyebrow.

"W-we don't know what happened either. I guess he grew out of it." Ava chuckled nervously.

These two really didn't have this planned out huh?

Idiots.

"I suddenly remembered this one story i heard about this child. They're the same age as Ming." Ben spoke up.

They turned to him. They looked kind of relieved. They think we dropped the topic about Ming i guess.

But this is just the beginning.

"Their parents were really strict with them. They hired a tutor for them when they were a mere 5 year old. They made them study 24/7. They got angry if they did anything like drawing or playing during their free time." Ben sighed

They tensed.

"I really wonder how parents could have the heart to just take away their own child's childhood like that?" I added.

"Y-yeah. They must be heartless to do that to him. How could they just take away his childhood just for the sake of their reputation?" Ava replied.

Aha.

We never mentioned a gender. Nor did we say they did it for their reputation.

They're starting to give themselves away.

"And i heard they had money problems?" I asked Ben.

"Yeah. They made some bad decisions while running the company and lost a lot of money. They had to sell a lot of their furniture, their cars and even their house." He nodded.

They gulped visibly.

"They even abandoned their child in a park on the way to their airport saying they would just be a burden to them. They actually had the nerve to remove them from the family register even. They really are the lowest of scum don't you think?" I looked at them.

They pursed their lips and nodded.

"Thank goodness some people found that child took them in. But they lived in the streets for so long. Their childhood is completely ruined." I sighed.

"I can't imagine something like that happening to Ming." Ben added.

They flinched.

"Y-yeah. How can parents just abandon their son like that? He was only 12. Such a young child.... They're too cruel." Ava cried.

She wiped her tears with her hands. Dan rubbed her back with a sad expression.

Wow. I got to give it to them. Their acting skills are not bad. Although it's still a little sloppy.

We never said when he was abandoned.

Another point.

"I found out something really funny actually." Ben suddenly chuckled.

We all turned to him.

"Their dad lost money not because of some bad decisions. But because he had been smuggling the money to some drug lords. Their shipment was seized by the police so they lost all the money. I think it was around 6 billion baht?" He tilted his head.

Their eyes widened.

"They moved to America after someone bought the company. The funny part? The one who bought the company was another big druglord! And police are already on their way to catch him as we speak!" Ben added happily.

They were taken aback by that.

"What?!" Dan yelled.

"Owh? Why do you guys look so panicked? Shouldn't you be happy? Those parents are finally getting what they deserve." I asked confused.

They recovered quickly and smiled.

"Yeah. We are happy. We were just a bit surprised at the sudden turn of events." Dan chuckled.

Ava nodded.

I could tell they were nervous.

"The police actually sent out a spy into the company not  too long ago. He has already collected information about who has been working with him on the drug shipments. I'm glad all of them are going to be behind bars." I sighed happily.

They gulped visibly.

I could see Ava was starting to tear up.

Ben's expression changed into a furious one.

I guess he's tired of acting.

I also decided to drop the act and glared at them.

They looked at us wide eyed.

"I never thought you would stoop this low Dan." Ben hissed.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" He asked nervously.

"Pha found Ming." I said coldly.

They tensed.

"That child... What did he ever do to you? Why did you punish him like that?" I asked.

"We had to ok?! We didn't have a choice!" Ava yelled with tears in her eyes.

"Had to?! What the fuck was compelling you?! You left your own son to rot in the streets! For 6 years he wandered the streets barely surviving! And if you were so helpless, then why the fuck didn't you keep him at an orphanage or even brought him to us so he would have atleast had a roof over his head?! And you've been living lavishly for 5 years now! You really expect us to believe that shit?!" I shot up.

"You don't know what we were going through! Don't try to judge us!" Ava shot up as well.

"Going through? Oh yeah you lost so much money because of a failed drug deal. You're right. It must have been hard." I said.

"Exactly-" She covered her mouth and her eyes widened in realisation.

"Give me one reason why i shouldn't beat the shit out of you right now." I growled lowly.

She gulped and stepped back.

Ben also stood up and rolled up his sleeves.

Dan got up and stepped back along with Ava.

I also rolled up my sleeves.

"It's been a while since we've had a good workout don't you agree Emmie?" Ben kept his watch on the table.

"You're right. We haven't had one since we left the gang in our second in university." I said.

"B-Ben, E-Emmie we are really close friends. You wouldn't hurt us right?" Ava asked shakily.

I'm glad we decided to change into some clothes which were easy to move in after they called.

"Friends? Oh yeah we WERE really close friends." I smiled.

They sighed relieved.

"But all that disappeared the moment Pha brought Ming to us." Ben hissed.

They gulped.

Their expressions changed into ones of horror. 

I approached Ava and punched her hard sending her flying to the ground. 

Ben kicked Dan sending him flying towards the wall. 

They yelped and groaned in pain. 

"We'll make sure you feel all the pain Ming had to go through because of you." We glared them. 

Beam's pov:

"Shia!!" Kit suddenly yelled while looking at phone wide eyed.

"What?" Forth, Yo and i frowned. 

We are sitting in my room hanging out, watching some movies. We decided to enjoy the small freedom before we face the exam block. 

He showed us his phone screen. 

My jaw dropped. Yo and Forth looked at it confused. 

"They're Ming's parents." Kit clarified. 

With that their jaws also dropped. 

"Did the cops beat the shit out of them or what?" Forth mumbled. 

Kit and i looked at each other. 

They really didn't hold back huh? 

Their faces are barely recogniseable.

They are covered in blood with bruises all over their faces. And their faces were swollen as well. Their heads were wrapped in bandages.

The picture was of them lying on the hospital bed. Their arms were in cast and they had bandages everywhere. 

They were apparently arrested but since they were injured they were taken to the ER first.

"Pha's parents.... Aunty and uncle..." Kit started. 

They looked at Kit. 

"You're not trying to say they beat them up did you?" Forth asked slowly. 

"They were in a gang all throughout high school and until their second year in university. The gang was the strongest one in the country at that time. They were the best fighters in the gang. Uncle was the leader and aunty was his right hand." I explained. 

Their eyes widened and their jaws dropped. 

"Shia..... I'm never messing with Pha..." Forth muttered. 

"Amen to that." We chuckled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 2K 9
I only have a handkerchief of that unknown person. I have to find that person. He saved my brother's life. As far I know that he studies at my univer...
18.4K 861 9
Summary: Ming is starting to feel so messed up and disgusting, having feelings for not just his best friend, but his best friend's boyfriend - only a...
17.7K 2K 54
I made my way through the dark apartment and found the couch. What was going on at this hour that wouldn't allow me to sleep? Whatever it was it was...
43.1K 2.4K 25
Rain is a rookie architect who is struggling to find employment all while being the breadwinner of his family. Desperate for a job that pays well eno...