The 12 Elementals

By just-A_potato

Yet again Darkness is hungry for a war to end it all, but Light will always have troops at the ready. One gir... More

The Elementals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Bonus Chapter. First Encounter Part 1
Bonus Chapter. First Encounter Part 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Bonus Chapter. The Kiss
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Bonus Chapter. Jealousy's a Bitch
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Sequel!!
A Day in the Hogwarts Life
Don't Bark at Me
Yes, Vampires Do Suck

Chapter 34

3.1K 198 43
By just-A_potato

What up, people?

Finally an update!

And some news..

I changed Ryders name!

It is now.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Reason!

Yeah, that's right, Reason.

What happened was, I realized how overdone and overused the name 'Ryder' is/was. Plus Melody has been nagging me about it.

So the other day I was surfing the internet, looking for the perfect name for our main guy.

I searched plenty of mommy websites, y'know where mothers compare notes. They had names like Dustin, Axel, Drew, King,and such. I was giving up hope until this one mother had said, "Well, why don't you name the child something you admire, or a trait you'd like him to have. Such as; Lucky, Justice, Honor, etc.."

She gave a few names but the one that stuck with me was 'Reason'. I loved it. It was like, meant to be.

So that is his name now, Reason Mercer Castellano.

Love it, hate it.

Hoping you love it, cause I do!!

The man in the picture is Jeremy Irvine. Handsome, isn't he?

Songs- Demons, Headstrong, Dear Agony and Pain

VOTE!

COMMENT!

*

Finn put us to work right away. Teaching us all the basics; how to hold our ground, block an easy blow, defend our blind spots. Then he made us use every item in the room. There were jump ropes, weights, and long ropes hanging from a high ceiling. There was even a pool nice sized pool on the far left side. Climbing a rope with nothing but the power of your own arms and for Kyle it was a walk in the park. For me and Aliyah, we're sweating buckets.

Then came the fighting. Somehow we ended up screwing around. Finn would sharply snap at us to focus, but it made no difference. Kyle and I would laugh, Aliyah and I would talk about Seth, Kyle and Aliyah would start a screaming contest.

"Melody, sit." Finn orders.

"Why?" I ask, pushing Kyle away from Aliyah.

"Do it." I did. "Eyes closed." Yip, they're closed. "Listen to me, hang on to every word I say. Hang on to the sound of my voice. Picture this. The person you hold closest to your heart is about to die, all you can do is watch. You see the fear in their eyes and you want to save them, but I'm coming for you."

"No." I whisper, the scene too horrible.

"Me and my friends are blocking you, there's no way you can pass. How do you get past us Melody?"

"I kick your asses."

"Oh but you can't. You're a mermaid, you belong in water, remember? You're not built for fighting. You are weak! You can't protect the one you love. You can't even protect yourself."

"I can." It was below a whisper, but it came out strong and fierce.

"You feel that? The fire blazing inside you? The burning desire to protect what is yours. Are you listening?"

"Yes."

"Good. Let the fire roam. Let it eat you. Keep the fire alive as you see us running to you, as your love is about to die." he shouts, "What will you do?"

"I will fight!" I scream back.

"Come on then! Let it out! Fight!"

A scream escaped my throat, but it wasn't human enough to count as a scream. I just let out a war cry I didn't think I'd held. I open my eyes, but not to the sight I expected.

Finn, Cai, Sid and Ecko were there. The ground was solid rock and hovering over blistering hot lava. On a similar rock a few yards away were two struggling figures. One was a shadow with a deathly sword, the other was Reason. It was obvious that the Shadow was winning, as it swung it's sword Reason danced backwards. I scream again and rush to them, but the putas made a human wall, blocking me.

"To save him you must defeat us." Sid said.

"He'll die." I shout, my heart pounding and sweat from the heat on my forehead.

"The fight, little girl." Ecko answered.

"You're being idiots, but let's do it." I said through my grit teeth.

Sid was first. She ran to me and immediately threw harsh punches at my pretty face. I was able to block them easily- too easily. I got her arm, yanked and she fell. I kick her a few times before finally pushing her over the edge. "That the best you got?"

"Hardly." Cai wanted a go.

She came at me, doing fancy flips and cartwheels. She lands in front of me and I stuck my fist in her perfect face.

"Ow!" she held her nose.

I jab her in the side before she flipped away. We circle for a second, then she came at me with all her might. I duck down into a ball and she didn't have time to react before she tripped over me and fell into the lava.

"Yawn." I said.

"Bring it, Red." Ecko came running at me full speed. He threw a punch but I caught his arm and flipped him. He pulls my leg and I went down with him. I recover quickly and so did he.

"Red, you can do better then that."

"Don't call me 'Red.'" I have always been bothered by that. Just because I have bright red hair doesn't mean I'm naturally called 'Red'. Time to play the offence.

I rush him and duck as he swung my way, then I jam my knee into his crotch. He went down and I kick his nose for good measure. I then pull him to the lip of the rock and kick him over. No idea how the actions are coming to me, or how I flipped someone twice my size.

Ben claps, "Fighting dirty."

I was breathing heavily and sweating even more. The heat really getting to me. Fighting was better watching rather than participating. Not even ten minutes and I'm already winded.

"Four on one. And I fight dirty?"

"Let's end this."

He came at me slowly, keeping a nice and even pace, seeming cocky. I kept my fists up, prepared for whatever he might do.

Finn suddenly charges me and I narrowly dodge him, he stayed with his back to me for a second too long. I kick the back of his leg hard enough to cripple him. I decide that kicking is now my go to move. I kick him in the jaw and he howled in pain. Getting his hand, I bent it until I heard a snap. Another nonhuman scream. He was done and out of mercy I roll him over the edge.

"Player number four, terminated." I smile.

I turn to see Reason and his executor, but they were drifting away. "Shit." I ran, but the closer I tried to get the further they kept going. Suddenly everything dissolved into blackness and the training room came back. I could see heads, lots of them, gawking down at me. The one the stuck with me was Reason. "Why am I sore?" I moan. Each inch of my body felt like jelly.

"I hypothesized you." Finn was dripping wet.

I glance around. My head was being cradled on Zane's lap. Jordan held my hand while Reason was on my other side, bearly touching my shoulder while dogging Zane.

"That doesn't explain why I hurt." I snap, the pain affecting my mood.

Zane laughed, "Melody you should've seen yourself. You were amazing."

"I never knew you could flip someone as big as Ecko." Aliyah added, her voice full of awe.

"Speaking of him, Mel, I can't believe you kicked his little friend. I'll be less sexual to you, 'kay?" Kyle gently nudged my thigh with the tip of his shoe.

"That wasn't a weird dream?" I need assurance.

Zane brushs my hair back, "Nope."

Cai snorts, wiping the droplets off her cheek, "Thanks for the broken nose."

"Sorry." Don't mean that, "Angels sing. I feel like crap."

Different words but the same beautiful voices. I felt all the pain drain from my aching body with each syllable. I stood up and streched. Finn high fived me, "That was smooth."

Cai rolled her eyes, "Show off."

Sid smiles, "You have potiental."

Ecko lightly punched my arm, "I owe you. Big time."

"Why are you guys wet?" I grin.

"You didn't throw us in lava Miss Bad Ass. You threw us in the pool." Sid said.

I fought my best not to laugh.

"It's one, lunch time. She broke through, now the rest of you can. When we get back I expect results." Inn shouts, dismissing us.

Yay, food!

I didn't even take a step before Reason pulled me aside. "Who was it?"

"Who was who?"

"The one you busted ass to get to."

You. It was on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't say it. We had to "stay away" from each other. He may be an ass and I hardly know him, but he's still my Beloved. If I tell him, God knows what'll happen. "They were too far for me to see."

I ran to catch up with the others.

After the best lunch of my life we're back in the training room. Finn has me, Aliyah and Kyle sitting at the mouth of the pool.

"It's time to learn of your element side. The one where your power radiates from. I understand you all have used it before." We nod in agreement. "Good. Try making small waves in the pool."

I stare at the still water, willing it to move. Seconds pass and minutes drag on. So far none of us has made any progress.

I twist because there was an excited hoot. Reason has a clenched fist with blue fire covering it.

"Well done, Reason." Ecko cheers.

Jealousy and anger bubble inside me. Water is dominate to fire. Water extinguishes fire. I should be awesome at this element stuff, not him.

Remember the roof. Zayden reminds me.

Or you could take over my body again and do some Avatar shit.

Remember.

I do. Reason had said, "Let your instincts guide you, let your anger take control. Water is no longer a substance; it is you and you are it."

I take his advice seriously and allow my anger to override the jealousy. I recall the feeling of wholeness that came with controlling water, I long to feel that again. With renewed determination, I rise to my feet. The tingly sensation has returned, spreading from my finger tips, to my hands, forearms and gradually my entire body. I grin because this time it a hell of a lot stronger and there was no picturing a blue glow.

I laugh proudly and lift my hands high. The water leaves the pool and hovers in the air, a shapeless glob. I glance at Reason over my shoulder and smirk at his astonished expression.

Controlling the water was simple. Easier than blinking because it was more than happy to follow my guestures. To get a feel of this, I sway my arms in a small circle, the water copies my action. It's like having an extended part of yourself, more spiritual than physical. The water is looking inside me, it's connecting to me, even more deeply than our previous connection. And I let it. I welcome it.

"Turn it to ice and kill those dumbies." Finn said, calling me back.

I made a fist and the water slowly solidified. I face the dumbies, six all standing in a line. I flare my fingers towards the dumbies and dozens of small icikles attacked, hitting the dumbies in their heads, bodies, arms and legs.

"Turn it back to ice and make a shield around yourself."

The moves came naturally to me, I never thought twice about it. I made another fist and the ice melted back to water. I spun my hand around myself and the water encases me in a large dome.

Finn is talking but I can't hear him through the water.

He wants you to make the water into snow and then use it to crash someone into a wall.

Can be done. I turn the water to snow then have it shove Ecko. Satisfied, I made the snow go back to its original water form and place it back in the pool.

"Now that is how you do it!" Finn appraised me.

After that there was nothing to it. Kyle and Aliyah got the hang of it, but couldn't do anything as extreme as I did. Neither could I. It seems my show wore me out and Finn was impressed that I did it on my first time and he let me have a break.

By the end of training the angels were able to stop and create wind. The werewolves crushed piles of rocks and repaired them flawlessly. And the dragons lit almost everything on fire.

When Finn dismissed us, I had Doug carry me to my room. My body needed a rest before we had to study our brains out.

"Melody, you have visitors." Squishy opens the door.

Aliyah, Vivian, Ester, Cherry and Anna came in giggling.

"What's this?"

"Girl time." Ester sang, making some of the tension leave my shoulders.

They dump all kinds of junk food on my bed. Vivian grabbed my crystal ball and put in a Life Time movie. Ester pushed Ali down at my vanity and began fiddling with her hair. Anna joined then, trying on every lip gloss I owned.

Cherry grabbed a cupcake and sat next to my sprawled body. "What's up with you and Reason?"

I pick out a bag of mini Oreos, "Nothing." I lie.

"Reason doesn't care to share but both of you forget we grew up together. I know him, even though I don't like it. You want the Reason scoup." I can't help but nod, "I'll tell you, if you tell me what's up."

I chew on my lower lip. Vivian is closest to us but she's too invested with her movie to notice anything. "Reason's my beloved." I blurt.

Cherry's head falls back as a slow, lazy smile takes her face, "I knew it."

"You cannot tell a soul." I say, "Your turn. Start from the beginning."

It's about time I learned of my beloved and his past.

*

Ready to hear more about Reason? I sure am.

Hope y'all liked it.

Also read "Never Had A Chance" and "Playing The Game"

They're both great, I think.

~Peace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 3 5
In this universe, there are five different kingdoms with five different elements. The elements are Nature, Fire, Water, Light and Dark, as well as Wi...
42.8K 2.5K 42
(Can be read as a stand-alone) She was my best friend, the love of my life. She was a beautiful soul, too perfect for this world and the people that...
225K 7.5K 23
Canthopia, it's a world where every single person has a power. The people acquire these powers only after they turn 19 and after. But sometimes, in s...
6.4K 275 25
'Honestly,getting banished from my own hometown Harmonia to an strange unknown school is the least worst thing that i had expected to happen to me.. ...