The 12 Elementals

By just-A_potato

Yet again Darkness is hungry for a war to end it all, but Light will always have troops at the ready. One gir... More

The Elementals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Bonus Chapter. First Encounter Part 1
Bonus Chapter. First Encounter Part 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Bonus Chapter. The Kiss
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Bonus Chapter. Jealousy's a Bitch
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Sequel!!
A Day in the Hogwarts Life
Don't Bark at Me
Yes, Vampires Do Suck

Chapter 33

3.3K 199 25
By just-A_potato

   Jake T. Austin is to be our beloved Kyle King.

   He's missing some of Kyle's brute and muscle, but his facial area is what won me over!

   Songs- Drop it Like its Hot, Hey Sexy Lady, I know you Want Me, and Not Afraid.

   Literally, as I was thinking of songs for Kyle, my phone decided to play those and in that order, so thats how that happened!!

Vote!

Comment!

Love yourself!

*

   "Melody, get up." a finger pokes my shoulder. I grumble, roll over, and pull the blankets around me tighter. "Rise and shine." The finger pokes again.

   "Leave." I mutter, annoyed and tired.

   "You must awake Melody, it's eight forty-five. I've let you sleep long enough." I don't give a reply. "You have to get ready, eat and train in fifteen minutes." I still don't stir. "We have bacon."

   I bolt up. Seth and Doug are in my room. Doug had been trying to get me up while Seth stood by the door carrying a breakfast tray. I reach for the tray, "Gimme!"

   Seth grins and puts it on my lap. Omlet, bacon, small bowl of fruit, blueberry muffin and freshly squeezed orange juice. I get the muffin and inhale deeply. As I take a large bite, I say, "I love Chef."

   "Melody you must eat quickly. You need to get ready for training." Doug said, urgency in his manly voice.

   I flip my hair dramatically and soften my features, "Never rush royalty."

   "Your father will have our heads if you're late." Seth laughs, amused.

   I stare at him as I finish my muffin, "Blondie, you care for Aliyah?" A smile and love sick expression over took his face, he nods excitedly.

   Why can't Reason be like that with me? I ask, sad.

   No two men are the same. Each will react differently to their Beloved. Time little wave.

   I stab a strawberry with more force then needed. "You hurt her. I throw you in the dungeons."

   "Melody, where are the dungeons?" Seth sarcastically asked.

   "Where your mama will have to visit you." I grin, enjoying this lame banter. Despite my surroundings, I'm a teenage girl, I need constant sarcasm and a healthy dose of reality. Otherwise, I'll lose my head. How do you think I survived all my Earthling years?

   "Melody, please eat." Doug pleads, a hint of desperation.

   I comply, Chef is a mircle worker with food. I finish then chase my guards away. Training. What do you wear to train? I could feel Zayden about to give a long speech about the ethics of the proper clothing style one must wear to master their abilities. Hurriedly, I grab sweats and a plain white V-neck. I change in record time, put on black Converse and toss my fiery red hair in a high ponytail. I make a mental note to ask for more human clothes; though trendy, Enchantain fabrics aren't for me yet.

   I hop out, "Ready!" I sing, my mood lighting. I do not want last night's disastrous events to cloud my thoughts. This is the first time I'll try to hone what I can do, Ryder won't mess that up for me. Before, I was terrified to see how far I could go, now I have free reins. I must accept my power, it's unlimited charge. Today I can and I will. Reason is not going to ruin that for me. It was a stupid kiss, it meant nothing. Or that's what I repeat.

   "With six minutes to spare." Doug happily said as he lead the way.

   Seth follows closely by my side, hands crossed behind his back, "Where's Squishy?"

   "Training room. How old is Aliyah?" Seth fished, craving details about my girl.

   I observe him questioningly, evaluating Seth as a person and not a guard. Loyalty, that's the main vibe I distinctly receive from him, and I adore it. "How old are you?"

   "How old do I look?"

   I pause, studying his youthful and trying face, "Twenty two?"

   He loudly laughs with honest joy, "I'm eighty-nine."

   "You sick old geezer! She's sixteen, perve." I don't understand dating in Enchantment, but Seth seems perfectly normal about having a crush on a girl with literally decades separating them. The adults did say time works differently in Enchantment, plus Aliyah is a future queen, she has freedom to be who she wishes. Unless it's another Elemental, then gods forbid.

   "Her favorite flowers?"

   "Lilies, she likes the smell."

   "What does she look for in a man?"

   "Man, huh?" I arch a brow, "Funny, cute, smart. Just don't talk with your mouth full and don't diss anything science related."

   "Science related? What's that?"

   I rub my nose, odd for him to be clueless about a subject I studied for years. "It's a human thing. Look it up."

   He takes in everything I said, "Anything else I should know?"

   "Her two other boyfriends were dickheads. One only wanted sex and the other cheated." I say, still hating the two bastards. Aliyah couldn't choose herself a nice boy, and wherever Kyle and I tried to set her up, she'd get offended and run to the library.

   "She deserves better." Seth's voice goes hard.

   "She does," I appraise him, "and you'll be that better."

  "She doesn't even know me." He glumly replied, pale blue eyes cast down.

   "She fancy's you." I eagerly inform. I cherish playing matchmaker for my friends. Whose better to find their soul mate other than me? Okay, maybe they already have a Beloved, but its my job to help fate and put two where they belong. I swear, I hired myself for the most ligit shipping job ever.

   Seth nervously licked his lips, "And you know how?"

   "I know my Ali. She's into you." I say. Seth smiles and his steps become lighter. Soon he's whistling an upbeat tune. Why can't Reason be like this. I get stuck with Scar when I want Simba. What's new.

   He will come around little wave.

   That's the thing, do I want him to come around? The part of me that want's my Beloved does, but the sensable part grows weaker and weaker. Reason does put up a good dickwad front, but is what's underneath worth the search? My Beloved-seeking-side, that's too long, I'll call it my "Bella" side. My "Bella" side just wants to be with Reason, even though he's an ass. To lose all sense and self respect and run into his arms. I hold back because he might carelessly toss me aside. How awesome, I became the very thing I hate; the dim love struck girl that tries to change the 'bad boy'. And there lies the irony. Reason isn't your stereotypical 'bad boy', he's in need of Light. I don't want to repair him, that's his job, I'm here to hold his hand and make the transition easier.

   After much walking, we reach yet another pair of wide double doors, you'd think they'd be creative. On top of them is a plaque carved from goblin meatl with an inscription I can't read, "What's it say?"

   "Ibi ples quam in defensione, post servientes lumine." Doug said, his eyes fill with wonder, "Latin. It means, 'There is nothing more important than defending, following and serving Light.'"

   "That's beautiful." I say, becoming partial to the words and their meaning. When you stand for Light, you stand for what's good in the world, reasons why people smile and feel happiness. It's like caring for a newborn; it's frail innocence propel's you to defend it in every possible way, even at your own expanse.

   Seth and Doug hold the double doors open for me.

   We're greeted by the sound of battle. Metal meeting metal, skin hitting skin, war cry for war cry. As I fully enter the room, the people- Warriors?- training stop and bow to me. A stupid smile plastered itself on my face and I could tell my eyes sparkled. There's something funny about cute male mountains bowing to you while checking you out simultaneously. They have the uttermost respect for me and would jump at the chance to lay in bed together. I find that hilarious. Like a giggly school girl, I took a strand of hair from my pony tail, tilte my head, and did a small courtesy.

   "Melody." Dad warns, clearly not in the mood for my antics. Too bad for him, I think I'm quite the comedian.

   I laugh lightly and went over to them. Purposely sitting by Zane, who was far from Reason, who clenched his jaw. Once again, Reason shall have no affect on me, positive or negative. I won't be dictated by a dick, then I would be degrading myself.

   Only Dad, Traci, Hope and Jupitar were here, behind them were four strangers. Meeting new people tends to intimidate me because they usually find my personality a little too out there. I can overwhelm and suffocate someone given enough time and energy.

   "For the first half of training, you will be using only your hands. Once you master that, weapons. After lunch you'll focus on your Elemental side and transforming." Dad explained.

   Cherry made an annoyed sound, "Why? Our element side will be our greatest offense and defence. Fighting with our hands is so barbaric."

   It was Dmitri who spoke, "In war you can't always count on your sword."

   Jordan was nodding, he's already processed how today will go for him. "I'm a black belt in karate and a fourth degree in aikido."

   "Melody, share your thoughts." I could see Traci was following Zaydens advice. My face must've gave away the racing thoughts in my head.

   "I can't fight. I belong in water swimming, not on land fighting." I'm not a tree-hugger, but that don't make I can throw a punch or take one for that matter. My tenderness can't handle it, aggression is not my area. Talk to the dragons about that, Anna could tell you anything you'd like to know.

   "As a leader this is a skill you have to master " Hope says, my very presence seems to irritate her. Which makes no sense because I haven't done anything to offend her, or at least not to my knowledge. "Remember that silly oath you made? You said you'd be brave like Dauntless."

   I defensively cross my arms, "Being brave is different to fighting." Am I really getting into an argument with my Beloveds mother? That family tree line must harbor a certain hatred for the Water Elemental leader. Must be jealousy. Then fate just has to giggle and put the two together, as if she couldn't find another more opposite couple to pair.

   "Being brave means defending the weak." Hope narrowed her eyes.

   I copy her and add my own special smirk, "Not always with violance. Take the bitch down with words."

   Hope was about to reply when Reason said, "She'll fight, and she'll kick ass. Move on."

   "Yes." Dad guestured behind him, "Kids, meet your trainers. Get in your groups." Kyle and Aliyah came to me like bees to sweet honey. Speaking of which, do bees live on Enchantment? These are the questions we should ask.

   "I'll let you do the intros." Dad backs away.

   They were all very interesting to look at. A young man stepped forward, he had blueberry hair and dark blue eyes with the body of a lifeguard. "I'm Finn, merman. I teach the mermaids."

   "I am no mermaid." Kyle hissed. Poor soul, he probably gets tired of being referred to as that, his male ego wounded.

   A girl with silver hair spoke, "Cai, I'm an angel teaching angels."

   Another girl with deep green hair and small body went next, "Sid. I'm a Mayan, cat person. My cat family member in which I can shift to is cougar. Naturally I'm with the werewolfs."

   Kyle whistled, "Cute cougar."

   "I'm an elf, I'll be with the dragons, my name is Ecko." He had the elf trademark (pointed ears) and red hair, though his was closer in color to Vivians. The fact that their hair colors matched our element sent me to the moon. Strange how excited I become over the simplest topics.

   "This is where we leave." Dad and the other leaders left. I'll have to talk with my father; to have a relationship with him would be ideal, I want to know him. I've gone my entire life believing him to be a snody rich man to leave my mother because he was bored. I thought he was tying to buy my affection, when really he only wanted me to be happy. And if it takes a brand new car, then so be it.

   Finn snaps his fingers in my face and points to what seems to be weights, forcing me to accept the diffcult work that's in store for us.

*

   Back to the end of another chapter. Sigh. Im with yall, cause Im lazy and don't update enough. Sorry!

   But, if you need more entertainment, check out my newest Wattpad addition! "Facing the Kings" is extremely dramatic, has gangs, and is really awesome!

   Little more serious than T12E, but still a good story!

   Read it, leave a vote/comment and I'll do you a favor in return(shoutout, follow, dedication, vote on your own story) whatever you want!

   Also, don't forget "Playing The Game" same deal!

   I feel like the last 6 seconds of a Youtube video where they tell you to subscribe/thumbs up/see ya later.

   Hope you liked it!!

~Peace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 3 5
In this universe, there are five different kingdoms with five different elements. The elements are Nature, Fire, Water, Light and Dark, as well as Wi...
4.4K 282 36
"So you think I have the power of the Earth Element?" I ask her. "We don't think. . . We believe." She smiles and gently caresses my cheek. "But Evy...
171 24 32
Note: This is my first original Wattpad creation. I know that there might be mistakes in some part but they are direct to understand. For the first f...