Filthy Virgin

By VAddison16

Celeste's dad & Liam's mom were only married for 6 months- 12 years ago. Now they've found their way back int... More

Chapter 1: Celeste
Chapter 2: Liam
Chapter 4: Celeste
Chapter 5: Liam
Chapter 6: Celeste
Chapter 7: Liam
Chapter 8: Celeste
Chapter 9: Liam
Chapter 10: Celeste
Chapter 11: Liam
Chapter 12: Liam
Chapter 13: Celeste
Chapter 14: Liam
Chapter 15: Celeste
Chapter 16: Celeste
Chapter 17: Liam
Chapter 18: Celeste
Chapter 19: Liam
Chapter 20: Liam
Chapter 21: Celeste
Chapter 22: Liam
Chapter 23: Celeste
Chapter 24: Liam
Chapter 25: Celeste
Chapter 26: Epilogue

Chapter 3: Celeste

15.1K 557 14
By VAddison16

"Another extra large margarita for the miss," a voice says beside me. I open my eyes to see a giant bird holding out a margarita to me by its claw, and I gratefully take it.

"Thanks Barry," I say pleasantly. He opens his beak and a shrill sound leaves it, startling me. I look back over at him. "What was that?"

He looks at me, his beak opening with the same shrill sound, making me fall out of my chair into the sand.

I hit the ground, my body jerking and my eyes flew open, waking me up from the weirdest dream I'd ever had. A giant talking bird named Barry, serving me margaritas? I wasn't even sure I wanted to know what that meant. The shrill sound from my dream went off again near my ear, and I realized it was my phone ringing.

I hurried to pick it up, not recognizing the number displayed on the screen, but taking the chance with it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Is this Ms. Celeste Thompson?" A man's voice rang through the phone, sure and strong.

"Uh, yes?"

A small pause. "Well, is that an answer or are you not sure?"

I wanted to smack myself in the head at the humor in his voice. "Yes, this is Celeste Thompson. Can I help you?"

"That's kind of what I was hoping. I'd like to offer you a job." Suspicion filled me and I let his question hang in the silence, waiting for him to continue. "Ah, a real job. Nothing weird."

I snorted into the phone. "Honestly, this whole thing is a little weird already."

"Yeah, sorry. I'm not the best at this. My name is Travis Coffman, and I work at the Whisman offices. I'm looking for a new assistant, and your information was given to me by a mutual... friend."

"Whisman offices?" I asked the question aloud, wondering why it sounded so familiar. "What kind of company is it?"

"We're an art gallery and auction business. We cater to well-known artists from all over as well as local artists just getting started."

"Hmm. And what would my job requirements be?"

"Inventory, event scheduling, keeping my work and personal life schedules in sync, other paperwork-type duties."

I tapped my finger on my leg, contemplating the offer. Hundreds of thoughts swirled through my mind, along with a nagging sense of missing a piece of the puzzle.

My silence must have worried Travis, since he spoke up before I could say anything. "I'd like to offer the position starting at twenty-three dollars an hour. It would be a Monday through Friday job, with some weekend and night events. Any events outside of normal work hours would be time and a half."

My jaw dropped in amazement. A steady full-time job, that paid fairly well with seemingly good benefits, that would help me lessen my hours at the phone sex job without taking a hit financially? I'd probably have to still do some time on the phone since I had so many bills and debt to get rid of, but with this job I'd be able to start actually enjoying my life.

"Would it be unprofessional of me to accept the job right away?" I asked the question half-seriously, and was relieved to hear him chuckle.

"Not at all. My current assistant will be leaving at the end of this week, so if you'd like to get started tomorrow I can have her train you on the more complicated stuff before she takes off for new adventures."

"Then I would like to accept."

"Perfect! Give me your email address, and I will send some paperwork and more information about the company and position so you're well prepared for tomorrow."

"Thank you, Mr. Coffman. I really appreciate the offer." The relief was eveident in my voice, and I could hear the warm smile in his next words.

"Travis, please. And you're helping me just as much, Ms. Thompson."

"Call me Celeste."

"You got it. See you bright and early tomorrow."

We hung up, and I sat in my bed in shock. I pinched my thigh just to make sure I wasn't still dreaming, and it hurt enough to tell me it was completely real.

I squealed in excitement, jumping off my bed and dancing around my room. Immediately I dialed my best friend Madison to tell her the great news. It rang a couple times, and when she said hello I couldn't help but just let out a shriek of excitement.

"Ahhhh! Celeste, why are you screaming into my ear? Is everything okay? You're not dying are you?"

I laughed hard, trying to find the breath to answer her. "No, I'm not dying! I just got a job! A real one!"

Her shriek of excitement matched my own, and I was sure that our decibels were hurting dogs' ears everywhere. "That is amazing Celeste! How'd you manage to find one in between all your side stuff?"

I paused. "You know, I'm not really sure. I got the call this morning, and the man I talked to, Travis, said that a mutual friend of ours recommended me."

"Really? Who?"

"I don't know, I completely forgot to ask."

"Well what's the company? Maybe I can help."

"They're called Whisman... offices or something. It's an art gallery and auction house I guess."

"Doesn't sound familiar. Let me Google it."

"Ooh, good idea. I'll check too."

We chatted casually while we both pulled up our computers to check this company out. I pulled up the site, and my eyes widened at the beautiful pieces of art on their home page. I scrolled slowly, taking it all in. Madison's voice brought me out of my head a minute later.

"Well, I don't think there's any connection to us. Maybe an old friend of your dad's or something?"

I scanned through a couple more pictures, responding to Madison absently. "I doubt it. My dad wasn't really an arts and crafts type of person."

"True. It says here that the company is co-owned by a Travis Coffman and a Liam Whiscombe, and they started it about seven years ago."

My blood froze at her words. No way. It couldn't be.

Madison was still talking about the company when I interrupted her. "Did... Did you say Liam? Liam Whiscombe?"

"Uh, yeah. Why, does that name sound familiar?"

"Where are you seeing this?"

"On the last page, under 'Company Information'. Wait." She paused and I could practically hear something click in her mind. "Didn't you have a step-brother once named Liam?"

I clicked on the last page and my breath caught in my chest when I tried to breathe. "Yes. Liam Whiscombe."

I was looking at my step-brother's face for the first time in years. Well, ex-step-brother. His mom and my dad had been married for only six months when I was about sixteen, but I'd never forgotten about him. He'd been the most beautiful man I'd ever seen, and I was obsessed from the moment he first stepped into my house. I hadn't told a soul about my infatuation, and I was so very glad about that at this moment.

"No way. Your step-brother owns this company? That's crazy."

"Well he's not my step-brother anymore, but yeah apparently he does. But how... I mean, we barely even saw each other when our parents were married, so I highly doubt he'd be recommending me for this job."

"Right, but how else would Travis had gotten your information?"

"I honestly have no idea." I paused and we both sat silently, thinking. "Mads... Do you think I should call back and turn the job down?"

"What?! No! I mean, maybe it'll be awkward at first, but you need this job. You need the freedom it'll provide so you can start living like you're in your twenties."

"I guess you have a point." Even though you have no idea part of my hesitation is because of my old crush.

"Trust me Celeste. Take the job. Everything will be fine."

"Okay, okay. You convinced me."

"Good, now stop worrying and enjoy the fact that you have a regular job!"

I couldn't help the laugh that escaped before hanging up with her, my relief and happiness surging through me once again. She was right; this is exactly what I'd been hoping for all along. It was even in my field of interest, which was a huge blessing. Now I'd be able to quit my odd jobs, and even the phone sex one sooner rather than later.

I paused at that thought, Alex's voice and promise to call me again coming to mind. Maybe I would keep that particular job just a little longer, I thought to myself with a satisfied smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

530K 15.3K 52
When Phoebe's mom eloped on her single parents cruise her entire world was turned upside down. She had to move, gained a step- brother, and had to pu...
11.2M 266K 105
Harry Styles isn't my father, he's my stepfather. Well ex-stepfather. My mother married him when I was 18, she was 36 and he was 20. Totally gross r...
246K 3.7K 21
Jocelyn thrust her head backward and groaned in frustration. Aroused as she was, all her nerve endings had become very sensitive. She closed her eyes...
7.7M 141K 60
"Ellie.. " he warned when I gently squeezed his hard bludge over the slacks causing him to cursed underneath his breathe. Mason wrapped his hand arou...