The Dursley Girl

By Theodoraa23

Three days before Alannah Dursley's eleventh birthday, she receives a mysterious letter. Her father, Dudley... More

C.1 The Letter
C.2 Platform 9 ¾
C.3 The Sorting
C.4 Second Cousins
C.5 Dear Allanah
C.6 Christmas
C.8 Welcome Back
C.9 Quidditch
C.10 Just Friends
C.11 Mistletoe
C.12 Pinky Promise
C.13 The Night Owl
C.14 The Funeral
C.15 Third Year
C.16 Hogsmade
C.17 The Aftermath
C.18 The Necklace
C.19 Lumos
C.20 Summer
C.21 Fifth Year
C.22 The Party
C.23 A Mistake
C.24 Separation
C.25 The Arrival
C.26 Midnight Match
C.27 The Ball
C.28 A Secret Affair
C.29 Petunia & Vernon
C.30 Isla
C.31 The Fight
C.32 I'm Sorry
C.33 Spring Sunrise
C.34 The Malfoy Manor
C. 35 The Finale
Authors Note

C.7 Reunion

4.9K 152 161
By Theodoraa23

"How was your Christmas?" I ask Cian.

The students who went home for the holidays just got back. I was waiting in the Great Hall as students slowly started arriving from the train. Cian was the first one I saw.

"Oh it was great, mum made so much food and dad bought us loads of-" he stops himself. "Sorry Lannah, I shouldn't talk about it, I know you were alone on Christmas," he says.

"No, it's okay! I'm glad you had a good Christmas!" I say smiling.

He smiles back and then sees my necklace.
"I see you got some Christmas gifts too?" He says.

I like down at the necklace hanging from my neck. This was the gift inside of Scorpius' envelope. It was a thin gold chain with a small Golden Snitch charm hanging at the end.

"Isn't it great? Scorpius got it for me," I say. The smile immediately leaves Cian's face.

"So you two are friends then?" He asks.

"Cian, he's really not that bad when you get to know him," I say defending Scorpius.

"I feel like ever since you've started hanging out with him I rarely see yo-" Cian is cut off when someone shouts my name.

"ALANNAH!"
I look up and see Rose running towards me, followed by Albus and Scorpius.
She finally reaches me and engulfs me in a big hug. When she finally pulls apart from me, I see Cian has left.
"Oh I missed you so much!" She says. She turns and looks at the boys, "They did too, although they'll never admit it."

"Oh shut up, Rose," says Albus rolling his eyes.

"Albus kept talking about how you're top of the class in DADA," says Rose.

"Well she is!" Says Albus.

I smile at the fact that he spoke about me to the family, I mean, I am technically part of their family.

I see Scorpius behind Albus and smile at him.
"How was your Christmas Scorpius?" I ask.

He shrugs, "It was alright. I don't think it was as exciting as theirs," he says looking at Albus and Rose.

"He's right. Our Christmases are pretty hectic," says Rose.

"Big family," agrees Albus.

"Oh Albus, there's Fred," says Rose. "Come with me, I need to ask if he remembered-"

"Fred? Fred Weasley?" I ask in confusion.

"Yeah, uncle George's son," says Rose. "Albus, come," Rose pulls Albus along to go speak to their cousin.

I look at who they walk up to. An older boy, with the signature red hair. I smile at the fact Fred had a nephew named after him.

I turn back to Scorpius. His eyes are looking at the necklace I have on. I smile.
"Thank you. For the necklace," I say.

"I hope you like it. I figured you wouldn't get many gifts so when I saw that in the shops well... anyways. I'm glad you like it," he says.

"Oh, I love it. Makes me more excited for us to join the quidditch team next year," I say. He laughs.

"Me, definitely. I think you still need some more practice on your broom though," he says. He's referring to our last flying class when I fell off my broom.

I roll my eyes. "I have plenty of time to practice, second year is so far away,"
----
After winter, spring crept up slowly but somehow quick at the same time. Snow melted, the sun started shining bright as ever, and most importantly, exam season approached.

Between all my classes, quidditch matches, and extra studying sessions with Rose, it seemed June was already around the corner. I had barely gotten a break from studying, hoping to get near the top of my classes with my scores. I would never tell anyone, but I sometimes feel as though good grades will make up for the fact that I don't have wizard parents.

And my hard work has been paying off. The only competition in my year is really Rose and Scorpius, both working just as hard as me. I only hope Scorpius' studying will rub off on Albus. He really needs to get himself together for exams.

With all my studying, I had barely been able to write to Harry as much as I used to. He said he understands, and he's proud I'm studying more than he did.
I have to admit, besides studying, I've been writing to him less because I feel bad about not going to see him on Christmas. He had helped me out so much throughout my first year and I didn't accept his offer to visit, and I didn't even send a gift with Albus. And besides that, I've had even more on my mind with the thought of seeing my parents again in just a month.

I've only exchanged letters with them a few more times throughout the year, I think they just want to check that I'm alive every once in a while.

Today, I was in the study hall with Scorpius while reading one of their latest letters to me. I was supposed to be studying, but re-reading their letters made me worried about how they're going to act when I see them soon.

"Alannah?" Scorpius asks snapping in my face.

I look up at him.
"Yeah, sorry," I say, tucking away the letter.

"It's strange, with exams coming closer and closer, you're getting even less focused on studying," he says. "Have you just accepted the fact that I'll score higher than you?" he teases.

I smile faintly,
"No, I'm just... well, I'm worried about the summer. You know, seeing my parents."

"Oh," he says. "I'm sure it will be fine."

I nod.

"Alannah. It will be fine," he says again, looking at me.

"I hope you're right," I sigh.

"Just, maybe don't overwhelm them with information about Hogwarts. Just pretend to be their little muggle," he laughs.

I smile. "Hey! I am not a muggle."

"I know, I know. But you know what I mean. They won't be thrilled to hear about your talking plants in herbology. Just, keep it simple. If you need someone to talk to, just send me a letter."

"As if I'll be writing to you," I roll my eyes. But deep down, I know I will.
----
"Finally, our last exam," sighs Rose as we walk to Charms.
We had just finished our DADA exams. I found it quite easy, but pretended to be frustrated when Rose told me she found it difficult.

As we're walking towards the class, Cian falls into step beside me.

"Ready for charms?" He asks.

"I think so. Try not to blow anything up will you? It'll distract me," I say.

"Haha, very funny," he says.

"I'm only joking, I have full faith in you Cian. The Slytherins already had their Charms exam, according to Scorpius, it's the easiest one," I say.

"Right, Scorpius," Cian mutters.

"All right, well, good luck you two!' Rose says as we reach the classroom.

I take a deep breath and walk into my final exam of first year.
----
I place the sweater Harry had sent me on top of the rest of the clothes in my trunk and close it. I was packing all my things, getting ready to leave the castle shortly.
Last night had been my last feast here. It was amazing, as always. Besides the fact that I could basically hear Albus snoring during McGonagall's farewell speech.

I look around my dormitory one final time and smile. It's crazy how just a year ago I was finishing up my year at an ordinary muggle school with no idea what was to come.
Within ten months here at Hogwarts, I created a whole new life. And it all passed with a blink of an eye.

It's sad to leave my Ravenclaw common room for one last time, but I smile knowing I'll be back in no time.
I haul my trunk into the hallway and prepare to walk to the train, but then I remember I have one last goodbye.
I walk over to the empty staircase near divination. I walk up a few steps and approach the fourth painting.

"Fred?"
----
"And ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to say we have concluded this year at Hogwarts!" Albus says in a high pitched voice.
We're on the train going home, and we're all doing our best impression of McGonagall's farewell speech.
"Nope, I think Rose's was more spot on," Scorpius says.

"Oh shut it," Albus says slumping back in his seat, accepting defeat.

"You would have done better if you didn't sleep during her speech," says Rose.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" I turn and see the trolley has arrived at our compartment.
I get up to purchase some chocolate frogs.

"Does anyone want anything?" I ask.

"Not for me," Rose says.

Albus and Scorpius ask me for a box of Every Flavours Beans.

As I hand my money to the trolley lady, Cian approaches the trolley.
"Uh, two chocolate frogs please. Hi Lannah," he looks up at me.

"Hi Cian. Sad to leave?" I ask.

"Of course, but I really do miss my parents. So I'm excited to go home I suppose. Uh, listen, I just wanted to say bye now. With all the craziness on the platform I probably won't see you so um, well, I'm really glad I met you in Diagon Alley that day, Lannah. It was nice to know someone in my year," he smiles. I notice he's turning slightly red.

"Same to you, Cian. You were such a great friend this year. I really hope you have a great summer-"

"Alannah, what's taking so long?" Calls Scorpius.

I looks at Cian apologetically, "Uh, well I have to-"

"Yeah," Cian says. "Don't worry. See you next year," he takes his things from the trolley and walks back to his compartment.
I grab my things and re-enter my compartment.
I throw the jelly beans at Albus and open my chocolate frog.

"Oh, Albus, you've aged," I joke, showing him my card of Albus Dumbledore, the man he was named after. Each chocolate frog comes with a famous witch, I've even gotten Rose's mom before.

"Here, everyone take one," Scorpius hands everyone a jelly bean. Mine is dark yellow.

"Scorpius, I feel like you give me the bad ones every time!" I complain.

"You haven't even eaten it yet!" He protests.

I sigh. "Alright, on three. One, two, three!" We all chew on our jelly beans.

"No! Vomit again!" Rose starts coughing.

"Blueberry!" Smiles Albus.

"Earwax," Scorpius says grimacing.

"Serves you right. That's what I got last time!" I say smiling.

"What did you get?" He asks.

"Orange," I reply.

"Oh no fair, I though I gave you earwax," says Scorpius.

I gasp. "I knew it! You were trying to give me bad ones!"

Albus laughs and high fives Scorpius while Rose rolls her eyes, suppressing another cough.
I smile at all my friends I made. I haven't even gone home yet but I somehow already feel homesick for Hogwarts.
----
"Well, there's my dad. I guess it's goodbye," says Scorpius.

We've arrived in London and parents are here to collect their kids.
I glance over to where Scorpius gestured to. I see a man with hair just like his, bleach blond. I assume that's his father. Next to him is a kind looking woman with darker hair. She waves at us and Scorpius.

We all say our goodbyes to Scorpius and watch him join his parents. His mum and dad give him hugs and his dad take his trunk for him as they walk away.

"Oh! I see everyone," says Rose. She waves to her parents, standing next to Albus' parents.

I wave at Harry and he gestures me over.

The three of us walk over.

"Well hello!" He says hugging all three of us. "How was the train?" He asks.

"Rose ate a vomit jelly bean," I laugh.

"Oh dear," Hermione sighs, and gives Rose another hug.
"It's just a jellybean Hermione, she'll live" says Ron rolling his eyes, but I see him suppressing a laugh.

"And Alannah, what was your luck?" Harry asks.

"Orange flavored," I smile. It's almost strange to be talking to him in person.
But also, familiar in a way.

"Oh see, with orange you have to be careful. You don't want to mix it up with earwa-" he gets cut off by someone clearing their throat behind me.

I turn and see my dad.
"Dad!" I say. For a moment, all my worries about reuniting with my parents wash away. At that moment I feel so happy to be back in my dads embrace.

"I missed you dear," he says hugging me back.

When I pull away I see him looking at Harry with a pale face.
"Harry," he says curtly.

Harry's smile falters for a moment as he studies dad's face. He then grins and puts a hand on dad's shoulder.
"You've raised a talented witch here, Big D," he says.

Dad pauses for a moment before smiling as well and looking down at me,
"I certainly hope so," he looks back at Harry, "Must be in her blood."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 417 59
~A Draco Malfoy Love Story~ You may be familiar with the story of Harry Potter, and how he survived the Dursley's, Voldemort, and being a third wheel...
77.8K 1.5K 23
'𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒏.' --- Elaine Weasley, the twin sister of Ginny Weasley and in Slytherin house. Join her on her journ...
7.2K 243 26
Stick anyone with the last name Weasley underneath the Sorting Hat, and without a doubt it'll shout "Gryffindor!" Unless said Weasley was Elizabeth W...
1.2M 30.7K 71
❝𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨❞ Y/N Larkspur arrives at Hogwarts with a disgraceful family name to be sorted into the house her father scorns. Her world suddenly co...