Crashing Down |L.S|

By leahn949

Louis and Harry try to celebrate their 2 year anniversary but what happens when life throws something at you... More

Authors Notes
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
End of Book A.N. *IMPORTANT PLS READ*

Chapter 25

358 8 0
By leahn949

Continued from Last Chapter...

Italics in this chapter will be singing, just so you aren't confused

Louis made his way down the long path. He noticed that Liam and Niall were following, but they kept their distance. As Louis made his way he could hear the faint sound of the guitar, but he kept his gaze on the photos that lined the pathway.

It was dimly lit, only giving enough light to barely see the photos, but Louis loved it. The fairy lights that lined the path were beautiful and were Louis' favorite. They were hung all around his and Harry's house. It gave off the best vibe.

He continued down the path, the sounds of guitar growing louder and louder. Louis then realized that Harry's song 'Sweet Creature' was playing as Harry sang along.

Louis paused for a moment as he saw Harry wearing his favorite suit, strumming the chords to the song. He sang the lines so proudly, not even realizing that Louis was standing there, fonding.

You'll bring me home

Harry finished the song, closing his eyes and resting his head on the guitar. He was shaking, acting quite nervous as he continued and just strummed the guitar, playing random chords. Then he started to play the beginning of Home by One Direction as he noticed Louis standing there.

"You know I love when you play guitar. Especially those songs." Louis spoke as he made his way over towards Harry. "You look beautiful."

Harry blushed as he grabbed Louis' hand, kissing it gently.

"You remember this place?" He took Louis' hand and brought him to the edge of the lake.

"Of course! How could I forget?" He put his gaze toward the lake that shimmered under the moonlight. "This was our first date and our first kiss."

"That's right. That night was beautiful, so I thought why not bring you back here." They both sat on the tree stump admiring the beautiful view.

"Do you remember how you said you wrote a song about me the first time we came here?

"Yes of course." Harry fidgeted with his fingers.

"Which song was it? Cause you have quite a few that are written about me on your album and I never figured it out."

"Which one did you think it was?"

"I was thinking it was Sweet Creature, but I heard Two Ghosts. I didn't know which one you wrote first."

"I actually wrote both around the same time, so I'm going to leave you to wonder. Maybe I'll tell you eventually." Harry stood up grabbing his guitar and returning to his seat.

"You started to play Home." Louis strummed the starting chord, the only part he knows for that song. "You should play that."

"Yeah, I learned it when I started to learn guitar, hoping to play it to you one day." Harry blushed once again, but began to play the starting chord.

Make a little conversation

So long, I've been waitin' to let go

Of myself and feel alive

So many nights I thought it over

Told myself I kind of liked her

But there was something missin' in her eyes

I was stumblin'

Lookin' in the dark, with an empty heart

But you say you feel the same

Could we ever be enough?

Maybe we could be enough

And it's all right

Calling out to somebody to hold tonight

When you're lost I'll find a way

And I'll be your light

You will never feel like you're alone

I'll make this feel like home

Harry noticed as he strummed the chords, that Louis was crying, resting his head on Harry's shoulder. Louis fought to release this song, and had to go to the extreme of leaking it himself in order for management to agree to release it. It's such a great song, and it's such a shame that it wasn't on an album.

He continued with the next verse, Louis joining him.

So hard that I couldn't take it

Want to wake up and see your face

And remember how good it was bein' here last night

Still high with a little feeling

I see the smile as it starts to creep in

It was there I saw it in your eyes

I was stumblin'

Lookin' in the dark, with an empty heart

But you say you feel the same

Could we ever be enough?

Maybe we could be enough

And it's all right

Calling out to somebody to hold tonight

When you're lost I'll find a way

And I'll be your light

You will never feel like you're alone

I'll make this feel like home

Maybe we could be enough

It's all right

Calling out to somebody to hold tonight

When you're lost I'll find a way

And I'll be your light

You will never feel like you're alone

I'll make this feel like home

Harry finished the final chords of the song, kissing Louis on the forehead as he placed his guitar on the ground.

"That was beautiful darling. You'll have to teach me how to play. I'll have to know if I want to write my own music..." He trailed off, getting quite quiet at his last statement.

"So you decided you're going to do it? That's great. I'll be excited to hear the music you create. Once I teach you guitar of course." He hugged him, before he got the butterflies in his belly again, deciding that it was time to do what they actually came for. He got up before speaking again. "So the real reason I brought you here-"

"Don't please. I already know. It's a makeup for what was supposed to happen on our anniversary. This is nice, can we just stay and sing all night. I would like that." Louis pouted, patting the tree stump, gesturing for Harry to sit back down, but Harry refused.

"Just let me speak please." He went over to his bag, taking something out that Louis couldn't see before he made his way over to Louis.

"So I know we did the whole thing with the promise rings, but I want this and I think you do too." He got down on his knee, pulling out the small black box, just like he did in the hospital room. He grabbed Louis' hand and began his speech that he had prepared for a while.

"I love you. I always have, even if you didn't feel the same way. The first time I saw you was when we were kids at the battle of the bands. And now we are adults, 23 and 25." He gestured towards himself and Louis. "All throughout One Direction I had feelings, they just weren't very strong. Plus with management and everything that was going on, I couldn't express them to you. The moment that we went on break, you know, I told you. Brought you here and told you everything. That day made me feel amazing and we have been together ever since. You already know, but I was going to propose that night, the night we were both injured. I was devastated, but knew that it was meant to be. Seeing you that way was awful and I couldn't handle it. It brought back my panic attacks which is something I haven't had really since One Direction. I got aggressive at some points, really depressed at others, especially when they refused to let me see you. But that accident and the hospital stay made me realize how much I really love you and care about you. After your mom died, you went into a deep depression and I helped you so much, even when you tried to turn me away. And I think that's when you realized that you really needed me and that I wasn't going anywhere, no matter what happens. I wasn't going to lose you then and I wasn't going to lose you in the accident either. So to signify not losing you, I want to do this." He opened the box, but before he could say anything, Louis spoke.

"I know what you are about to do, but before you do I need to say something too." He took a deep breath before he continued. "I've always loved you too, even if I didn't look like it. I always cared about you. When you were sick, I always made sure you were okay, even if I just stood back and watched. And with my mom's death, I tried to push you away, time and time again. I hate myself for that, always regretting everything I did or say to you during that time. But you stayed, and that just helped me so much, even if I didn't appreciate it at the time. You're right. That was when I realized I really loved you and that no matter what happens, nothing could tear us apart. And yea when I saw you for the first time many years ago, it was almost love at first sight, even if I kept my feelings in for so long. So-" He was interrupted by Harry kissing his lips.

"Just shut up and answer me." He grabbed his hand. "Will you marry me?"

Louis didn't answer with words, but with actions and wrapped his arms around Harry's neck, kissing him on the cheek.

"So is that a yes?"

"Yes of course!" Harry placed the ring on Louis' finger, as he admired it. Today's date was engraved on the ring, along with a title. It was the song title, 'Sweet Creature', engraved on the inside.

Harry picked Louis up, kissing him passionately, as Liam and Niall came out from the pathway.

"Congrats you guys!" Liam gave them both a hug, along with Niall. "You deserve the world after everything you both have been through."

Louis and Harry just stared at each other in fondness, before Louis admired the ring.

"I love it darling. It's beautiful and I can guess that you wrote Sweet Creature first and that was the song you were referring to."

Harry just shrugged his shoulders as Louis gave him a slap on the arm, but then kissed him right after.

"Come on, let's go home so we can celebrate and tell our families." Harry grabbed Louis' hand before dragging him through the pathway. Niall and Liam had already cleaned up the pictures and the lights that they had set up, so Harry and Louis didn't have to worry about it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 8.8K 102
You can't make me happy. Those were the exact same words Louis had said over five years ago. Harry could literally see his heart dropping and breakin...
1.9K 42 15
Louis is sick and can be saved. Harry can't. TW: this story can contain subject that can be triggering for some people! Highest ranking: 1# medicalco...
184K 5K 18
Harry gets admitted to a mental hospital by his deadbeat family. There he mets an outgoing anorexic named Louis, along with his group of friends. war...
399K 12.4K 35
Harry and Lou meet up again two years after they ended their four year relationship. Louis claims it's a business deal he's after with Harry, but Har...