The New Beginning

By AlexBarth

I've been watching out for my younger brother ever since he was brought to our family. Even though we're not... More

SORCERER'S STONE
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
CHAMBER OF SECRETS
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
PRISONER OF AZKABAN
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
GOBLET OF FIRE
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
HALF-BLOOD PRINCE
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 6

8 0 0
By AlexBarth

"Bludger. Nasty little buggers. But you are the seeker, and the only thing I want you to worry about is this... the Golden Snitch."

He hands Harry a walnut sized golden ball.

"I like this ball."

"Ah, you like it now. Just wait. It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see"

"What do I do with it?"

"You catch it... before the other team's seeker. You catch this, the game is over. You catch this, Potter, and we win."

The ball flutters out two delicate wings and jumps into the air. Harry keeps an eye on it. I get onto my broom and they look at me. We practice until our classes start.
————————————————-
"Whoa."

In Professor Flitwick's class. Filtwick is very short, and is standing on a bunch of books to make up for his stature and to see his class. I keep my eye on the boys and Hermione. Thankfully this is my last class.

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?"

Hermione raises hers, she looks over at me and I smile.

"Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick."

I try it and it goes up a little higher than I expected.

"The swish and flick."

Hermione smiles back at me, I move my feather closer to her.

"Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then."

The class begin to enunciate and doing the movements on their feathers

"Wingardium Levio-saaa."

"Wingardrium Leviosar!"

he waves his wand really fast numerous times. Hermione stops him. I laugh at the two of them, unfortunately I'm sitting close to draco.

"Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Levi-o-sa, not Leviosar."

"You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on."

Hermione straightens up and swishes her wand. I grab my wand and do the same thing,

"Wingardium Leviosa."

The feather glows and lifts up, she looks at me and we start to make them dance.

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms. Granger's and Rosewood's done it! Oh, splendid!"

Ron puts his head on his books dejectedly. Seamus begins swishing at his feather. I make my feather move against Rons cheek. He looks up at me and I smile, he slowly smiles back.

"Wingard Levosa."

"Well done, dear."

An almighty explosion flashes. Flitwick gasps, as Ron and Hermione turn to the source of the explosion

"Whooaaa! Ooh."

We see that Seamus is charred again with his feather, now smoldering to ashes.

"I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor."

Neville, Harry, Ron and Seamus are walking through a courtyard with other students all around. I am with Hermione

Ron starts mimicking Hermione, and she looks at them.

"It's Levioooosa, not Leviosaaaar."

He changes back to his normal voice and I frown.

"She's a nightmare, honestly. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!"

Hermione rushes past Ron, hugging her books and sniffling in tears. I catch up to them and smack him on the back of the head.

"she heard you saying that, you need to stop."

Hermione disappears into the crowd, deeply hurt by Ron's words. I follow after her and I finally catch up to her. We sit in the bathroom all day, and I just try to be there for her.

"Hermione it's going to be ok, don't let them get to you. I think you're amazing, you already know all of the important spells."

Hermione emerges from a stall, wiping her eyes. I hear a noise and I slowly turn around.  Their is a large troll standing in front of me.

"Hermione hey back into the stall and duck down."

"What about you"

"Just do it, I'll be fine"

Hermione backs up, into the stall. the troll looks at me raises its club, he smashes the top part of the stalls. Hermione screams, the boys come into the bathroom.

"Alexis, move"

The troll smashes the remaining stalls. Herimone crawls out slowly. She starts yelling at the boys.

"Help! Help!"

The boys start throwing wood pieces at the troll.

"Hey, pea brain!"

Ron throws wood and hits the troll on the head. Hermione escapes from the stalls to under a sink, but the troll sees her and goes to smash her. It cracks the sink and barely misses Hermione. Harry cringes.

"Guys you need to get out of here, I'll get her"

"Ahhh! Help!"

Harry gets out his wand. He runs forward and grabs the troll's club, and is lifted up.

"Whooa! Whoa, whoa!"

He lands on the troll's head, and is hurled forward, then back, and his wand shoots up the troll's nose.

"Ew."

Ron and Hermione were disgusted by Harry's wand in the troll's nose. The troll snorts, and whips around. I grab my wand and I frown.

"Whoa, whoa whoa!"

The troll gets Harry off its head and is holding him by one leg, upside down.

"Do something!"

It gears up its club and swipes at Harry. He pulls himself up, then down. The troll swipes again.

"What?"

The troll starts trying to hit him again. I walk closer to the Weasley and look at the troll.

"Hurry up!"

I wave my wand and slowly speak.

"Wingardium Leviosa!"

The club is lifted out of the troll's hand and hovers above its head. The troll looks up, confused, just as the club comes crashing back down.It hits the troll's head that hard and the troll wavers, then drops Harry, who crawls away, and slowly comes crashing down, knocking him out. Hermione approaches carefully, I move closer to her.

"Is it...dead?"

"I don't think so. Just knocked out."

He grabs his wand...which is covered in mucus.

"Ew. Troll bogies."

Harry wipes his wand on his robes. Suddenly, McGonagall, Snape and Quirrell come rushing in. They all gasp at the knocked out troll.

"Oh! Oh, my goodness! E-Explain yourselves, both of you!"

"Well, what it is..."

"It's my fault, Professor McGonagall."

The teachers, Ron and Harry look at her. I smile but I know she's going to get into trouble.

"Miss Granger?"

"I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If Harry, Alexis and Ron hadn't come and found me...I'd probably be dead."

"Be that as it may be...it was an extremely foolish thing to do."

I notice something and I thing Harry notices it too, Snape's leg, which has the trousers' leg torn and a large cut on it. Snape notices and covers it up, glaring at Harry.

"I would have expected more rational behavior on your part, Miss Granger. Five points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment."

she turns to the three of us.

"As for you three I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many students could take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. Five points...will be awarded to each of you"

Harry and Ron grin at each other, I look at the teachers and at Hermione.

"For sheer dumb luck."

Snape and McGonagall leave the bathroom

"Perhaps you ought to go...M-might wake up...heh."

Harry, Ron and Hermione exit the bathroom.  I watch Quirrell looks at the unconscious troll. The troll growls, seemingly going to wake up.

"Ahhh"
——————————————————————————
The next morning, in the great hall. The gang is sitting, eating. Harry is twirling his food on a fork. I'm just sitting there listening to them talk, watching Oliver and the twins.

"Take a bit of toast, mate, go on."

"Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today."

"I'm not hungry."

Snape appears at the table and I smile at him. He looks down and me and Harry.

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin."

He looks at me again and shakes his head. Snape walks off, limping. I notice that he's limping away, I look over at Harry as he begins to talk.

"That explains the blood."

"Blood?"

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping."

I stand up and walk over to Snape, I tap his shoulder. He turns around and sees me.

"What happen"

"What do you mean Ms. Rosewood"

The students look at me and I glare, they slowly walk away and I turn back to Snape.

"What happen to your leg."

"Nothing"

"Severus you're talking to me, I may be a Gryffindor but I am still the girl you bought gifts for and sent letters to."

"Nothing happened now leave it"

"Fine don't tell me, Just be safe."

Two owls come down through the window and I smile. Everyone is following where they're going. I see two brooms, one goes to Harry and the other drops into my hands.

"Who sent this"

I see the owl that handed me the broom is sitting on Snapes shoulder.

"You did this"

"Well you need it if you're going up against us"

"Yea well I could have got one today"

"Well just consider this a gift for coming to hogwarts."

"Ok"
———————————
Later on, inside a Quidditch tower. The Gryffindor team is marching towards the starting gate. We reach it and stop, behind a closed double door. I look in front of me and smile at Harry and Oliver.

"Scared, Harry?"

"A little."

"How about you Alexis"

"Nope, I've been ready for months to play."

"That's all right. I felt the same way before my first game."

"What happened?"

"Er, I don't really remember. I took a bludger to the head 2 minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later."

I see Harry gulp and looks straight ahead as the doors open. We mount their brooms and zoom out onto the enormous pitch. There is cheering. Lee Jordan, the Quidditch commentator is announcing from a tower.

"Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game Slytherin versus Gryffindor!!!"

Cheering. I hear everyone cheering, I look around and see hundreds of people.

"Gryffindor!"

We take their positions in the air in a circle. Harry weaves in, highest amongst. I watch the trunk on the ground and smile.

"The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game."

"Now, I want a nice clean game...from all of you."

She looks at Slytherin. She kicks the trunk, and the bludgers zoom out.

"The bludgers are up...followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points. The seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game."

The snitch zooms around each Seeker's head, then disappears. Hooch grabs the Quaffle.

"The Quaffle is released...and the game begins!"

We start to play Gryffindor takes possession of the ball and a chaser, Angelia Johnson, zooms past the Slytherins towards their goal, and throws the ball, and scores! There is a ding.

"Angelina Johnson scores! 10 points for Gryffindor!"

I start to zoom by as the ball comes back to us.

"Yes!"

a bludger suddenly zooms by him.

"Whoa!"

In the stands, Gryffindor cheers. I start to fly past a couple of the Slytherin players.

"Well done!"

"Slytherin takes possession of the Quaffle. Bletchley passes to Captain Marcus Flint."

Flint dodges people and throws for the Gryffindor hoops. Oliver appears and whacks the ball away with his broom. He smirks at Flint, who glares. Johnson and and I pass the Quaffle back and forth as we strategize to score. Johnson takes it, throws, and once again scores!

"Yes!"

"Another 10 points to Gryffindor!

"Yay!"

The Slytherins decide to get messy. They dodge, kick, and try to score. Once again, Oliver blocks.

"Give me that!"

he grabs a beaters bat from one and whacks a bludger right at Oliver. It hits Oliver directly in the stomach. I start to fly to catch him and thankfully I do.

"I got you Oliver, your good"

This causes the entire audience to boo; Harry is visibly upset as the Slytherins laugh. I take him over to the side so he can get checked out.The Slytherin members head off. One jumps over George and scores. Lee adds 10 points in the place with Slytherin's name. Harry is upset again. Slytherin cheers.

"Come on Gryffindor"

They box Johnson in and sent her into the capes covering one of the towers. She falls down in and is out. The crowd boos. Slytherin scores once again.

He starts to head off after it and then suddenly his broom starts bucking and turning.

"Whoa! Whooa!"

I yell to my brother, I get closer to him.

"Harry are you ok"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 40.5K 55
"You have a choice either choose me or being a mafia" I added hoping that he'll come back with me and if not then I will be the one leaving him this...
95 0 25
𝖲𝗁𝖾 π—‚π—Œ π–£π–Ύπ—Œπ—π—‚π—‡π–Ύπ–½ π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 π—π—‚π—Œ 𝖢𝗂𝖿𝖾. - - He says really my parents and your parents were very close. I say where does my aunt come...
320K 8.2K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...
13.1K 438 28
An ordinary girl... pfft delete this shit please. I am the daughter of an angel and a devil, But got sent to the Earth with humans.. I got two guardi...