What a Tragedy

By lunermoon10000

Izuku has lived his life alone since the ripe age of four. Or at least he wishes he was completely alone. His... More

Chapter 1: The Hero with Food
Chapter 2: Glass Shards
Chapter 3: Blood and Bandages
Chapter 4: I'm Alive
Chapter 5: Cry for Help
Chapter 6: Doctors Visit
Chapter 7: Run for Me
Chapter 8: Stain vs the Boy in Bandages
Chapter 9: Panic
Chapter 10: A Road to Recovery
Chapter 11: Relax?
Chapter 12: Deku
Chapter 14: Dreams and Speculations
Chapter 15: Smiles to Fear
Chapter 16: Confrontation with Fear
Chapter 17: Fragile Hope
Chapter 18: Deprecation and Self Hate
Chapter 19: Exposed Emotions
Chapter 20: Icky
Chapter 21: Smiles to Love
Chapter 22: Tragedy

Chapter 13: Recognition

5.1K 197 76
By lunermoon10000

Hello dear readers! Ace-chan here, back at with another leeegiiit fan fic chapter! Anyway, I could tell some people wanted a chapter from Katsuki's pov so here we are... a chapter from Katsuki's pov. It's really hard to write Katsuki, harder than you would think. It looks easy but it's harder to write correct character representation from such a complex character. Still... it doesn't change the fact that I still hate Katsuki. I don't care if you get all defensive about it. It's a show, I don't have to like every single character. There are a lot of things I don't like about the show. Does that mean I like it any less? No. Because I can enjoy something while also acknowledging it's flaws and not attacking people if their views happen to be different from mine. Let people like what they like. I already got a death threat on a tiktok because I said I didn't like Azula from ATLAB. Don't be that childish. It only makes you look stupid and if I catch any of that here I'm deleting the comments.
Also, none of you got it right. I said I'd follow the person who guessed what I was going as for Halloween. I said it was one of my story characters. It should've been so easy. But you all got it wrong. Chisiki. I was going as Chisiki. From Crystal Flowers. The story is being rewritten and is currently on hiatus until further notice, but she's one of my favorite ocs.
Anyway this was longer than I expected.

Enjoy the chapter~
________________________________

Despite popular opinion, Katsuki did like his teachers and classmates. Well... a majority of them for the most part. He despised Icy-hot with a burning passion that couldn't be put into words. The hero that he interned with wasn't any better. The extras all learned something from their internships while he spent the whole week with a psychopath that tried "fixing" his hair.

His homeroom teacher was cool though. A no bullshit attitude and a snarky humor that made most people avoid him. It was comedic to watch most of the time.

So when a short timid boy with dark green hair and a black hoodie came stumbling into the classroom behind his teacher, he did a double take.

The boy sat in the corner of the classroom behind Aizawa-sensei's desk and pulled a notebook out of the back of his pants and started writing in it quietly. Aizawa-sensei didn't even look in the boy's direction other then a few small glances. The man didn't even say who he was.

Was he Aizawa-sensei's kid? Nah there was no way the man had a kid. If so, then who with?

Katsuki was curious, as was the rest of his classmates judging by how everyone else was staring at the boy.

As if sensing their curiosity, the boy pulled his hood up over his head and continued on with his writing. It was like he was ignoring them. That pissed Katsuki off. Once Aizawa-sensei was done giving his boring speech to the class about upcoming events, almost all of the extras got up in unison and crowded the boy.

Katsuki wasn't even up there and he could tell that it was freaking the kid out. He scowled in the boy's direction and tried getting him to look over at him.

Eventually Four-eyes came and shooed everyone away so the kid could take a damn breath, but Frog-face stayed up there with him and talked in a hushed but calmed manner that seemed to relax the kid. Later on in the day, he overheard Frog-face talking to Pink-cheeks about him and saying that the kid was a mute and his name was Midoriya Izuku.

It struck a familiar cord with him, but he didn't quite know where from. From that point on, his classmates tried to make conversation with the new comer that followed their teachers around. He never spoke though.

Duh.

Did they not understand what a mute was?

After a few periods he stopped walking with the hood of his sweater up, revealing long dark green curls that went to his shoulders. It was usually tied up in a loose ponytail to keep it out of his eyes. Dark circles lay under his eyes like a permanent feature that seemed to rival their homeroom teacher's. Katsuki didn't even think the at was possible. A splattering of freckles covered his cheeks like kisses and constellations.

The mute fucker would follow around all of the teachers, taking notes while sitting in the corner of the class on the floor. What the notes were about, Katsuki had no fucking clue, but the constant sound of his pencil was annoying as hell. His teachers would go to him quietly to ask if he wanted a chair to sit in, and the boy would just shake his head. Freak.

He always spent most of his time with Aizawa-sensei, never leaving his side for more than a few hours. The more the extras kept mentioning it, the more he looked like Aizawa's kid. But after looking a little closer, he realized that one of their first statements was right, he did look like the kid from the USJ. It was a stark contrast between the rags and bandages he wore before. Now that he looked like he'd had a shower and a new wardrobe, he looked like a decent fucking human being now.

Something about that made Katsuki pissed. This kid was part of the villains. He'd helped attack his class and had fought his teacher. His mind brought him back to the first time he saw Mute-mouth, he'd been running back to the plaza with Shitty-hair at his heels.

He'd wanted to get back at the portal fucker for getting the drop on him and his classmates. "Don't follow me unless you're gonna do something!" Katsuki shouted at his classmate.

"I'm just as angry as you, bro. I'm gonna fight!" He'd shouted back.

"Tsk, fine then!" He scoffed.

Once they had rounded the corner, Katsuki saw a scene he was sure he would never forget. The groaning forms of lackluster villains lay across the ground randomly. The portal fucker and that handy fuck stood at the edge, watching the fight that Katsuki couldn't take his eyes off of.

There was a boy. Covered in ragged clothing and bloody bandages with a face mask covering his mouth and nose. Katsuki could see, because he was facing his direction, that the boy was crying. The boy had long hair, matted with so much dirt and grime it looked black.

The dagger in his hand gleamed in the light as the boy swung it around. His bare feet jumped lightly over the obstacles across the floor almost like he had a sixth sense for it.

He and Shitty-hair stood in stunned silence as the boy got a cut on their teacher's face. His handling of the knife looked like an innate skill with a practiced edge. Katsuki was almost surprised when Aizawa-sensei caught the boy's arms and restrained him, he was definitely surprised when the boy began convulsing and shaking. It was enough to make the boy pass out.

Now here he was, in their school and following that same teacher around like a damn shadow.

The thought to confront him crossed his mind, but he quickly banished the thought. Freckle-face couldn't talk and always wrote in that damn notebook. Katsuki didn't think he would be able to keep calm while waiting for him to write.

After the day was over he went home to his chaotic family, deciding he should ask his father what to do. His dad was soft spoken and quiet most of the time, opting to be the peace keeper around the house. If anyone knew how to talk to a quiet nerd, it was him.

Katsuki sat at the dinner table and twirled the end of his chopsticks around the soba noddles he and his mother had made for dinner.

How was he supposed to bring this up? What was he supposed to say?

"How was your day, Katsuki? You look like you have something on your mind," His father asked. He guessed that was a start.

"There was a weird kid following the teachers around at school today," Katsuki said in a way that wasn't exactly yelling but not exactly talking. He was just naturally loud.

"What for?" His mom asked curiously before taking a mouthful of soba.

"Hell if I know. He just sulked in the corner of the classroom on the floor with a notebook," Katsuki said and ate his food.

"Huh, that's weird. Did you catch what his name was?" His dad asked.

"Yeah, overheard one of the extras say his name was Midoriya Izuku." All sound from room ceased as his parents looked at each other with shocked faces. The silence stretched for a few moments as Katsuki looked between his parents in confusion.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?"

"This boy... what did he look like?" His mother asked in a voice so quiet and slow that he almost didn't think it was her. He'd never see her so careful with her words.

"Skinny. He looks weak but he's pretty fast," Katsuki said, once again remembering the USJ attack, "he has dark green hair and freckles." He heard his mother's breath hitch as grief took over her features.

What the fuck was going on?

"Katsuki, do remember even playing in the park with the kids in the neighborhood?" His father asked.

"Yeah, they followed me around like little stalkers."

"When you were four, there was a boy that you would always play with. You played more with him than you did with any other kid. We knew his family, your mother and his were good friends," His father explained seriously. Katsuki didn't bother to suppress his sigh of annoyance. He'd heard this story a billion times before. "You had these nicknames for each other, I can't remember what he would call you, but you always called him Deku, I think."

"Ah-huh," He rolled his eyes.

"We told you he moved away, remember?" His mother said. Tears pricked the corner of her eyes as she spoke. "He never moved away."

Katsuki looked over at her in shock. Subconsciously, he sat up straighter, instincts screaming at him that whatever they had to say was important. "Huh?"

"He went missing shortly after he got diagnosed as Quirkless," His father said quietly.

He didn't know what to say. What should he say? Was there a right action for how he was supposed to respond? His mind was racing a million miles a minute. He knew that nerd? Katsuki could only vaguely remember playing by some canal river and skipping rocks with that kid. But the memory was so blurry he couldn't remember what his face looked like.

"I...knew him?" He managed to say. His voice was so distant he didn't believe he was the one who said it. "I'm going to my room."

His parents didn't stop him as he stormed off up the stairs and slammed his door shut. The rest of the night was spent staring at his ceiling in thought of what to come.

The next morning Freckle-face wasn't with Aizawa-sensei. He only saw him for the afternoon classes and the boy was gone quick before anyone could ask questions. He followed the teachers around in the halls of the school, never alone for even a moment.

The week passed on aggravatingly slow. The old hag kept telling him to talk to the nerd but he didn't know how that was possible if the kid she wanted him to talk to couldn't talk. But imagine his damn surprise when Freckle-face slowly started to be able to spew out word garbage.

Finally, Katsuki found the words he was looking for and decided to talk to him.

So there he was, running after him. His classmates had said that he was leaving with Aizawa-sensei. If they left now, he wouldn't see them until next week and he didn't think he would be able to say it later.

They both came into sight and Katsuki saw that they were about to walk out the door. In that moment, Katsuki yelled out the first name that came to mind. That name that felt right to his tongue.

"Wait! Deku!"

Deku froze and turned around to face him with big eyes that were dulled and empty, but right then he saw them for how they used to be.

Hand outstretched and waiting for him to take. He'd fallen into the small creek after taking a misstep on the log bridge. Deku had come to check on him. His eyes filled will innocence and concern. The memory had been long forgotten to time, but now the memory had a face.

Katsuki stopped a few feet away, catching his breath from running all the way down the stairs. "Bakugo-kun," His teacher addressed. "Did you need something?"

"Deku. What happened to you?" Katsuki said breathlessly.

Deku gripped his notebook tighter and took a few small steps towards him, eyes searching his figure. "What do you mean?" He whispered. Deku couldn't speak too loud, but why? He had questions that needed answers.

"You left. You disappeared. My mom was worried sick about you. Where did you go? What happened," He demanded.

Confusion covered Deku's face and he could tell he didn't know what he was talking about. That made Katsuki pissed again. "You dumbass! What the hell happened? Were you kidnapped? Did you run away? Huh!? ANSWER ME!"

"Bakugo-kun," Aizawa-sensei said sternly as Deku flinched away from the volume and tone of his voice. Katsuki recognized when he was being reprimanded, but he couldn't bring himself to care.

"Tsk. Well?" Katsuki didn't break eye contact.

Deku pulled out his notebook and wrote something down on the paper with the pencil in his pocket and then held it out for him to read. "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. Deku sounds familiar though. Did I know you?"

"Yes idiot, you know me. Our moms were friends when we were little. And that name better sound familiar, cause that's what you are. A Deku."

Deku's eyebrows furrowed with confusion, but passed it off and wrote in the notebook again. "Why do you care about me now, if that was such a long time ago? And why come talk to me now and not sooner?" Deku asked.

"Huh? Are calling me a coward?!" Katsuki said.

The nerd shook his head and wrote again. Katsuki tapped his foot impatiently as he waited.

"I'm not calling you a coward. I'm just wondering why you chose now to talk and not sooner? Why do you even care?" Deku stood with a patient face.

"I don't. But my mom has been nagging me ever since I told her about you. So don't make me ask again, what the hell happened to you?" Katsuki was getting impatient.

"Bakugo. This is a matter that doesn't concern you. If he doesn't want to tell you, then he shouldn't have to. I won't have you sticking your nose in business that you don't belong in, and I certainly won't have you harassing people," Aizawa-sensei ordered.

"HUH?! THE HELL DO YOU MEAN BY THAT!" Katsuki shouted. Deku flinched back again, fear flashing in his eyes before disappearing.

"You're smart. Figure it out. Come on, Izuku. Let's go," Aizawa-sensei said as he continued to the door.

Deku followed after him, but stopped and looked back at him once before, a small flicker of recognition in his now dull eyes, before he turned and continued after him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

570K 21.1K 45
Izuku was alone for most of his life. He had one beautiful quirk but never dared to show anyone his quirk. He had one incredible ability. He could he...
81K 3.2K 16
Due to something rather unexpected Izuku turned into his older self. Now being back in the body of a 10-year-old child, Izuku doesn't remember anythi...
70.2K 3K 10
Izuku Midoriya got himself into trouhble once again. Not only is he quirkless but thanks to a certainy spicy Dandelion he ran away from, he found him...
261K 9.4K 89
All Midoriya wanted was to visit his mother for the weekend. Instead he's kidnapped by one of the most prominent villain groups in Japan, and they go...