Looking In Your Eyes

Da Kay_kay127

An unexpected story, that revolves around one necklace. Authors note: Hi guys! I'm very excited to share this... Altro

Chapter 1, Part 1-The Annual Bayside Awards Ceremony
Chapter 1, Part 2-The Annual Bayside Awards Ceremony
Pictures!
Chapter 2, Part 2

Chapter 2-The Necklace

8 0 0
Da Kay_kay127

Zack was waiting by the staircase, contemplating whether he should pull Lisa out of the room and give her the necklace or if he should wait until she is alone.

His contemplation was soon over when Jessie hurried down the stairs, calling for Kelly. Zack knew that it would be his chance to meet with Lisa alone.

He, himself, hurried up the stairs and stood in front of the guest room where the door was closed.

Zack knocked at the door, expecting an answer. "Yes?" Lisa answered softly.

"Hi, it's me Zack, can I come in?"

"Oh yeah, sure." Lisa agreed while fluffing her hair in front of the body mirror.

Zack entered and spotted Lisa wearing a fiery red dress along with the shoes he picked out for her. His entire attention and eyes were on her and weirdly, his heart started beating rapidly. Lisa looked gorgeous in his eyes.

"Wow, you look great Lisa." Zack glanced her up and down while nodding his head along.

"Thanks, you too-oh and Kelly is not here right now, so you will have to be patient in seeing her." Lisa formed a bright smile and then turned to face the mirror again.

"Oh yeah, um, well, I didn't exactly come here to see her." Zack shyly admitted while scratching the back of his head.

Lisa faced him with a confused look. "Then who did you come to see?"

"You."

"Me?" Lisa became more confused as she pointed to herself. "Ok." She huffed in a laughing matter.

"That's because I got something for you, I thought you might like it." The blonde explained.

Lisa's face went from puzzlement to excitement and it glowed with anticipation.

Zack walked closer to her and pulled out the gift from inside his tux.

"So I noticed how much you wanted this necklace, and was very disappointed when you couldn't afford it, sooooo..."

"Zack, no. You did not." Lisa interrupted him.

"But I did." He said in a playful voice then quickly turned serious. He opened the case and kept his eyes steady on her.

Lisa's eyes sparkled when she saw the necklace sitting in its case. She would sacrifice all of her other jewelry just for that one item. Call it extreme but there really was something special about it. It was unique. It was one of a kind. It looked like it was specifically designed for her. The sparkle in her eyes began to fade as she snapped back into reality. She looked at Zack and pushed the present away. "Zack, I can't accept this gift.

"Why not?" He asked, perplexed.

"Because, don't you think this is a bit much, like you really didn't have too."

"But I wanted to, Lisa. I think you deserve it especially after being such a good friend to me even in my lowest moments. Remember when I said I owe you one. In return, I wanted to do something nice for you." The blonde explained.

"Ok, well what about Kelly?" Lisa folded her arms.

"What about Kelly?"

"I don't know, isn't it kind of weird that you have gotten this expensive necklace for me and not her? I mean, what would she think of this?" Lisa shook her head.

Zack thought about it and then answered, "Well this is just a nice, friendly gesture. Nothing more, nothing less."

"I still don't know about receiving it." Lisa looked at the necklace and then back at him.

"Lisa, please. I'm sure Kelly would have no problem with this and plus, you are my best friend." Zack attempted to assure her.

"Ok so if I do accept this gift, can I at least pay you back?"

"No, it's a gift."

Lisa was in heavy thought before making her decision.

"Uhhhh...fine I will take it." Lisa quickly grabbed the necklace as she couldn't resist its magic anymore. She was beaming with joy and excitement when she tried to put it on but for some reason, the thing wasn't clipping together and it dropped in her hand. Zack noticed the struggle and offered to help. He goes behind her and she lifts up her curly hair. When wrapping the necklace around her neck, their hands accidentally touched which strangely set off a shock wave within both of them. "There." He said, softly while rubbing her arms. Lisa had her focus on the necklace at hand while he had his focus on her. Lisa's eyes slowly made their way to the mirror, meeting Zack's hazel eyes. Suddenly, tension arised. Very deep tension and passion fell upon these two as somehow feelings were being exchanged just as looks. There was rushing adrenaline pouring out everywhere and the more they got lost in each other's eyes, the more desire there was. Lisa slowly turned around and faced him with the same eyes she faced the mirror.

Zack's POV 1

I don't know why but I had this urging feeling to touch Lisa ever since I saw her in that fiery, red dress but the feeling didn't kick me in the stomach until I'd placed the necklace around her and our hands touched. Now, I'm confused just as ever. What is going on? Why are my insides burning like fire? There's something in Lisa's eyes that has mine connected to her's. Those beautiful, big brown eyes make it incredibly difficult to look away from. We stare into each other's eyes with so much, giving so much. The rapid feeling intensified and the pumping adrenaline was taking over my system and erasing my senses. I wanted to bring her closer to my body. I wanted to feel and taste her lips but I couldn't. This is wrong, all of this is wrong, but my eyes betrayed me and trailed to her lips. I was hungry and desperate to just get one kiss from her. Just one kiss. Soon my eyes switched back to hers which were radiating so much warmth.

Lisa's POV 1

Why was Zack looking at me like that? His eyes...there was something in his eyes. I-I couldn't pick it up. I don't understand any of this. What was going on!? My heart was rapidly beating out of my chest. Things...were happening inside me- unexplainable things. I look deep into Zack's eyes, trying to find an explanation to these very strong feelings that I am feeling right now, but the more I look into them, the more confused I become. I wanted to say something but my tongue was tied. I turned around to face him and for some reason, it kind of looked like Zack wanted to...KISS ME! ZACK WANTED TO KISS ME!?!? Something is not right here. For a second I thought Zack wanted to kiss me-WHY WOULD I THINK THAT!? My head is aching and these wandering emotions don't make it any better. I want to stop! I want to stop whatever is going on...but I can't. I just can't. I feel like my body is paralyzed to these raging emotions and intense gazing...I wanted more of it-NO! What am I thinking, I don't want any of it. I don't know! I don't know anything. This battle within me is like fighting a lion, a hopeless and defeated battle.

Getting back to the scene

The intensity lasted for a short time, but yet felt so long. It felt like hours just staring into each other's eyes until...Kelly and Jessie walked in where the eye contact snapped like a rope. Lisa immediately took off the necklace and moved to the other side of the room, like nothing had happened.

"Zack!?" The two girls shouted in surprise.

"Zack, what are you doing here, I'm not fully ready yet." Kelly made her way to him.

"Oh I'm sorry, Kel. I came here to see you because I just couldn't wait." Zack lied. "And you look gorgeous by the way, sweetie."

"Thanks, but you need to see the full set first." The brunette pointed in a joking manner.

"Yeah now if you can excuse us." Jessie hand-gestured to the door with a sarcastic grin on her face.

"Yeah yeah, I got the memo. You also look very nice, Jessie." Zack complimented.

"Thanks, Zack."

Zack glanced at Lisa who was staring at the floor, not trying to make any eye contact.

"I will be off now, waiting for you girls to finish getting ready." Zack dully said while swinging his arms.

He kissed Kelly on the cheek, leaving her under the care of Jessie doing her hair. He secretly made his way to Lisa, when the girls weren't looking and whispered, "Please wear the necklace." He formed a tiny smile then left.

Lisa was staring at the necklace, wondering if she should wear it or not.

"Ow Jessie! Can you be a little more gentle?" Kelly whined.

"Well sorry for your hair being so difficult." She said then accidentally yanked it again.

"Owww!" Kelly yelled in anger.

"Lisa, can you do my hair for me, Jessie's ripping it!" Kelly glared in frustration.

"Fine! I will stop helping you."

"Yes please." Kelly replied then looked at Lisa.

"Lisa! Didn't you hear me? What are you looking at?" Kelly asked, irritated.

Lisa broke from her contemplation and answered quickly and nervously. "Ok." She said with an awkward smile and hid the necklace behind her.

"Lisa, is everything ok?" Kelly asked in a calmer state.

Lisa's mind zoned out once again, bringing her back to her thoughts.

"Lisa, Kelly's talking to you. Why aren't you responding?" Jessie intervened.

"What?"

"I asked you if everything's ok. You seemed to be distracted. What are you thinking about?" Kelly asked.

"ZaCk!" Lisa screamed in her head, but then covered her mouth like she actually screamed it. The two girls exchanged a confused look.

"Uhhh, my date. Whether he would show up or not." She awkwardly chuckled.

"That's what you were thinking about?" Jessie said in a skeptical tone.

"Yes!" Lisa speeded. "I mean....yes."

"Ok?" Kelly said in skepticism but then later ignored it.

"Please help me with my hair."

"Ok."

...

Zack was pacing in his living room, stressing on what had happened a few minutes ago. This was happening when his friends were waiting outside on a cool breezy night.

Zack was flushed with confusion. Something wasn't right. Lisa was one of his best friends, someone he grew up with. It's like one minute he was trying to give her a friendly gift to show his appreciation and the next, it seemed like he wanted to kiss her. Like really kiss her. How could he possibly think of her like that? How could he think of her when he is with and in love with her best friend.

Zack went to the bathroom to splash some cold water on his face. He rubbed his fingers through his hair, and had his hands stretched out on the sink. He gazed into the mirror and a figure of Lisa appeared behind him with a soft, but scared look on her face.

"Lisa?" Zack spoke into the mirror and then turned around. No one was there. At that moment, Zack felt like he was losing his mind to denial.

...

The girls were all finally ready.

"Lisa, you haven't said a word since we came back here, what's wrong?" Kelly asked, looking concerned while walking up to her.

"It's nothing." Lisa lied.

"Ok, if you don't want to talk about it then we don't have to, let's go," and they left.

Kelly walked down the stairs first and Jessie followed behind. Zack comes out of the living room just in time to see two beautiful women right in front of him. "Don't you women look hot tonight." He lightly chuckles with them following after.

Kelly wraps her arms around his neck and smiles, "Are you ready for tonight."

"Totally." He says with his arms engulfed around her waist.

"You look absolutely stunning tonight, Kelly."

"Aww." She fluttered her eyelashes but then glanced back to the stairs. "Hey Lisa, are you coming down?" The gorgeous blue-eyed brunette called out.

Lisa slowly strolled down the stairs, not making any eye contact with the two people left in the house. (Jessie has already left to wait outside). Zack's eyes were on her and he heavily gulped as she reached the bottom.

"I'm ready." She said with such class and only at Kelly.

Zack could tell that she didn't want to see him after what had happened. He didn't blame her, but a little part inside him stung.

They all went inside the limo when it arrived. The gang were sharing laughs, jokes, and stories all except for Zack and Lisa whose minds were all over the place.

Zack took quick glances at Lisa and she did the same, but both quickly looked away. Finally, they arrived at the hall.

The couples of the group were the first to go inside and then Slater. Jessie was beside Lisa until Lisa stopped.

"You can go in without me, I have to find my date. He should be somewhere here." Lisa informed Jessie. Jessie nodded and followed Lisa's order.

Lisa was standing outside waiting. She didn't realize that she still had the necklace in her hand. She recalled what Zack had told her about wearing it, so while she was waiting, she decided to put it on her.

After a few minutes, Lisa decided to go inside without her date.

...

Author's Note: Hi guys! So I'm about to do this really weird thing where in order for me to shorten each chapter-I'm going to break them up into parts for most of the chapters. I really don't want to give you long chapters to read in one sitting so instead you would have a long story to read but not the chapters (which makes no sense but that's how I'm going to operate from now on, lol). There would be a total of 14 chapters, despite the book being longer but  that's because I planned it already to be 14 along with the titles so yeah. I hope you enjoy!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

1.3M 58K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
158K 5.6K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
1.3M 25.7K 51
and all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for theodore nott x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 3.25.23 finished...
103K 9.1K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...