The Boy Across The Street

By booksandjess

"You can't catch me!" I shouted and started running. He chased after me and soon enough he caught me. Suddenl... More

Author's note
Cast
Chapter 1: Get Your Own Boyfriend
Chapter 2: You Chose Drama Over Lunch
Chapter 3: Headaches are Bad Luck
Chapter 4: His Love for Pizza
Chapter 5: Hey Latecomer
Chapter 6: 'The Epitome of Wisdom'
Chapter 7: Why Do Timetables Have To Be Alterable?!
Chapter 8: All Because of French Fries
Chapter 9:Watch Out For That...Bike?!
Chapter 10: Waterbender
Chapter 11: Who's Having a Bad Day?
Chapter 12: Bad Boy Doesn't Like Frogs
Chapter 13: Seventy Percent
Chapter 14: People Pleaser
Chapter 15: What Did I Ever Do To You?
Chapter 16: There's a First Time for Everything
Chapter 17: Kayra and Vodka? Not a Good Idea
Chapter 18: Damsel in Distress
Chapter 20: Dinner at the Bradshaws'
Chapter 21: He Plays Basketball?!
Chapter 22: Study Date
Chapter 23:When It Rains,It Pours
Chapter 24: Protector
Chapter 25: Netflix and Chill
Chapter 26: Baby??
Chapter 27: He Doesn't Deserve Your Tears
Chapter 28: Goodbye Gale
Chapter 29: I Gave In To His Eyes
Chapter 30: Who's Going on a Date?
Chapter 31: The Beach
Chapter 32: Are You Two Together?
Chapter 33: He Was Ranting So I Kissed Him
Chapter 34: Mrs Bradshaw
Chapter 35: My Girlfriend
Chapter 36: Third Party
Chapter 37: Fifty Shades of White
Chapter 38:Hurt Her and You're Food for the Sharks
Chapter 39: Wanna Cuddle?
Chapter 40: You Talk In Your Sleep
Chapter 41: Beautiful Disaster
Chapter 42: Tell Me What?
Chapter 43: Lucas
Chapter 44: Homecoming
Chapter 45: Stay Strong For Her
Chapter 46: Dear Mother
Chapter 47: Happy Birthday Kayra
Chapter 48 : As Beautiful as a Diamond
Chapter 49: True Happiness
Author's Note

Chapter 19: Bombshell

2.7K 75 4
By booksandjess

Kayra's POV

I woke up with a very bad headache threatening to split my a head into two. It took me a minute before everything that happened last night came flooding in my memory.

Oh my God,what have I done?

Wait a sec,how did I get into my bed? The last thing I remember is passing out at the front door. Maybe, Gale brought me up. The realization that he carried me up the stairs made me cringe because I'm well aware of how heavy I am. I always made up my mind to workout or take some kind of weight loss exercise but somehow my laziness always got the better of me and I never got up to it. But right now,my weight problem was not the matter at hand, the problem is how I'm going to face my parents. I can decide to stay in bed saying I'm not feeling well but sooner or later I would have to come out of my room and face my mom and dad.

I felt a strange tightening knot in my stomach and something rising up to my throat.

Oh boy

I rushed to the washroom and got to the sink just in time before I threw up on the bathroom floor. After vomiting my guts out,I rinsed my mouth and sat on the floor.

Never ever am I drinking again,I swore to myself. I said that last night,but now after witnessing the aftermath of getting drunk,it became more or less like a vow.

I remembered it was time for breakfast and quickly brushed my teeth. I changed out of my sleeping clothes and said a prayer before I left my bedroom to join my family downstairs for breakfast as well as await my impending punishment.

So help me God

*****

When I got to the dining room,both my parents were there which means mom was either on afternoon shift or it was her day off. I didn't know whether it was fortunate or unfortunate that they were both around. It could be fortunate because my mom might intercede for me when Dad gives a harsh punishment. In the same way,it could be unfortunate because Mom might be on the same page as Dad and would support him which will end me up with an even harsher punishment.

I sighed and took my seat at the dining table.

"Good morning Dad. Good morning Mom",I greeted with a shaky voice. Clearly,I was afraid of them at this point because of what I had done and what I knew was coming.

"Good morning Kayra." They responded almost simultaneously

Strike one. They called me Kayra. They usually call me that when it's something serious.

"How was your night?" My dad asked

How am I supposed to answer that. What am I supposed to say? They know what I did already, don't they?

"It...it was okay",I stammered and he nodded.

No one spoke after that and I felt there was some form of uneasiness in the air because I kept shifting uncomfortably and secretly taking glances at my parents. I expected them to drop the bombshell at any point during the meal but neither of them said anything. After eating,my dad got up to the living room area to watch football on the television while my mom went into the kitchen leaving me to clear the table.

While doing the dishes,I expected my mom who was still in the kitchen probably preparing to cook lunch to say something,at least scold me but nothing,there was silence with the only noises being the ones coming from the plates and pots when they hit each other as I was washing them.

When I was done,I wiped my hands dry with a napkin. I didn't know whether to confront my parents or go to my room to wait for them to call me. Their silence was making me confused and even more frightened because I took it as the proverbial calm before the storm.

I was about climbing up the stairs when my dad mentioned my name.

"Kayra,I believe we have something to talk about."

This is where my heart starts thundering in it's cage and threatens to shoot right out of my chest.

Oh heavenly Father,I need you now

I walked slowly to the living room and hesitated to sit since I didn't know whether it will get him angrier or not. I finally sat and heaved a sigh when he didn't react. My mom joined him and I just sat there with my head bowed like a convicted suspect waiting for her sentence from the jury.

"Where were you last night, Kayra?"

Darn it! This is a court trial.

"I... I..." ,I stammered but I didn't have the intention of lying. At this point, honesty was my only option if I wanted at least a pinch of pity from my parents.

"I went to a party",I managed to say.

"How did you go to the party?"

"I snuck out. I'm really sorry Dad. It won't happen again. I've learned my lessons. Please"

"Silence!"

Okay,that sounded like "Order!"

I kept quiet.

"Do you want us to punish you?"He asked.

I don't know why he did though when we all knew he was going to punish me whether I said yes or no.

I shook my head in the negative because I was afraid to speak. That was a very stupid answer since I already knew what I did was unpardonable.

"Are you for real Kayra? You snuck out to a goddamn party. You disobeyed your mother and me, got drunk and came back unconscious and you expect to not get punished?!"

Oh no! He's angry. Let me rephrase that,he's fuming!!

I almost started crying out of fear.

"Calm down honey",my mom persuaded. Thank God for her.

He inhaled before continuing.

"You're grounded."He let out quietly but it was enough to know there was firmness in his voice.

Bombshell!

"For a month",he added.

Wait,is that it? I expected to be grounded for two years minimum.

"We're taking your car as well,and your laptop and headphones."

What?! Okay,I didn't see that coming. They can't do that. They can't take away my baby. Where would I go without it? And my laptop,my headphones! No,this can't be happening

"Dad please I beg you, don't take my car please. I was on the verge of tears now. Mom, please say something. Take anything else but not my car, please dad."

"I am not changing my mind and if you must know,I'm being really lenient with you. For what you did? I'm just letting you off with this because it's your first time and it better be the last time this happens."

"I promise Dad,it won't happen again but please,I beg you"

"Go to your room"

"Dad please",I continued to beg

"Kayra Amelia Summers! Go to your room now!"

That made me squirm and I got up immediately.

While I was going,he called me,"Kayra"

I turned

"We will be going to my boss's this evening for the dinner. Don't be late."

I nodded and went to my room

It's today? I asked myself with my face buried in my pillow.

I'm going to meet Jayson Bradshaw today?! After everything that has already happened this same day!

And that was when my head decided it was the right time to start working at the Mill

Oh heaven,take me now!

********
So..... Kayra's punishment is out and she's going to the Bradshaw house as well. Let's see how she copes in the next chapters.

And yes,I'm really really grateful to you for reading this far. I'm hoping you like how the story is going. Feel free to comment when you have any issues and constructive criticism is allowed. Ideas are also welcome.

Please share if you're loving the story as much as I am, I will really appreciate it and please vote. It keeps me motivated to write🤞

Thanks for your support🙃

Love y'all xxx

- Jess💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 6.3K 41
Summary It must sound very cliché but this is my story, the story of a nerd ( aka me, Emma) and how my life turned upside down In A mere couple of m...
568K 23.9K 51
I was doing just fine my junior year of high school. I mean I did pick fights once in a while and my grades weren't the best, but I was doing okay. X...
316K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...
174K 6.2K 56
Kaleb Knightly, Briarwood High School's own bad boy. But he's not your typical 'bad boy.' He makes straight A's, he doesn't sleep around, and he care...