HELIOS

By socom622

Political upheaval and starvation force the U.E.A. to look to space for the survival of Earths' inhabitants... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapte 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68

Chapter 51

64 8 0
By socom622

I leave Jahní resting from all the days excitement, while I walk along the beach thinking of all the events that have transpired since coming to Majah Prime. The choices I've made are taking me down a path that I don't think I can get off of. The sun is setting and it's beautiful to behold. "Lovely sunset is it not?" I turn around and an old man is there.

He's not very tall and frail looking. He has a cane, which he leans on heavily. Is he one of the staff on the island? "Yes it is. I don't recall meeting you the last time we were here." There's something strangely familiar about him, but I can't put my finger on it.

He chuckles a little. "No I don't imagine you would, since it's been a long time since our last meeting."

A long time? I don't remember this person at all. "Excuse me for being rude, but I don't know you." He steps closer to me and pats my arm and a warm familiarity enters the bottom of my soul.

"Come my young friend we have to talk." He points to the trees near the beach, as he hobbles in that direction. I follow without hestation; We reach a clearing in the woods where a fallen tree trunk is laying in the center. He sits down and pats the a spot next to him where I sit. "So tell me, what's troubling you my young friend?"

I rub my chin wondering why I even followed him here not questioning him at all. I have to admit that I need to speak to someone about everything. "I'm not sure you would understand what is happening in my life." I trust this old man. "What is you name?"

He smiles nodding his head. "Elo is my name, that is what most call me. Now, may I have your name"

"Antonio is my name." He seems amused at my name, but I dismiss it not taking offense at his reaction. "Now, you said that we have much to talk about. So how can I help you?"

He looks up at the sky as the first stars begin to appear. "once long ago there." He points to a specific spot in space. In fact, to particular star. "A great battle was fought there, which altered the course of the galaxy." He seems nostalgic as he speaks. "It was there that the three great powers in the galaxy came to be."

I look back at him. "What powers?"

He runs his hand through his white hair as if debating something in his mind. "The Majah-tu, the Barhalmahni, and the Kohnovak. The three eldest races at this time."

What does this have to do with my situation? "That's very interesting, but what does all this mean to me. My world had nothing to do with that time." Earth wasn't even on the map then, and we were only discovered maybe a thousand years ago.

He laughs and damn it I know his laugh. This is strange how do I know him? "Once, in a world far from here you said the same thing to me, but that is another story." What did he say. "There is another meeting about to happen once more, and the betrayer is back again."

"The betrayer?"

He turns to me studying me closely. "You have not fully awakened yet. This is a problem."

I frown at his comment not understanding. "I don't...

He puts his hand on my forehead speaking in language that I can't comprehend. I feel a strange sensation run through my body. "This will help you to remember, but you mustn't fight what is your mission."  I look at him and suddenly Elo, his face and who he is starts to come to me. "Be strong for the balance of power is once again at play here, and you my son have to do your part to save it."

To save it. Yes that has been the mission from the beginning. But what about the Helios and her crew and the people of Earth; what about them? Won't this war spread even there? I lean forward looking down at my feet with the weight, of this choice set before me. If I reject my duty the galaxy will fall into chaos, but if I follow the path set the destruction coming will be great.

In the end the destruction of the war will come to a conclusion. "It will be a difficult thing for me, because of the many who will die in this war."

"Ah," Elo stands up. "Think back far into the past, when you stood at a similar junction in time." His words seem to make my mind wander far to a time when I sat watching from a distance as my home was destroyed, not by the war but by the chaos. "That is what awaits the the galaxy if you don't stand and take your role leading the battle against this betrayer."

I stand in the middle of the town that was my home and see the bodies of those who were friends and family. I need the power to fight and that is the bottom line. "I... just have doubts about all of this."

"Yes, That's fine. Though you shouldn't delay for to long what must be done." He walks to the other side of the trunk causing me to swivel in order to see him. "The future of you children will be directly affected by the decision you make today." He waves his hand in front of my eyes and a scene unfolds before me. My children enslaved by a shadow.

"What!"  I fall off the trunk and when I regain my feet the old man is gone. I look around me and I am alone here, which is distressing making me think that maybe it was a hallucination. No. He was real I felt him touch my arm and my forehead.

I decide to head back to the villa and Jahní, and keep her safe from any threats. Once back at our room Jahní is sound asleep, I slip in bed next to her. I stroke her face gently; she moves a bit mumbling something. I put my arm around her from behind pulling close to her, wondering if all the things I saw and heard will come true. My eyes grow heavy, but I try to fight the sleep off.

It's a losing battle. Soon visions fill my head both happy times, as well as sad ones. I have many wonderful visions with Bahsara in the timeless place, that always seems to be filled with great joy. Then a disturbing vision enters my mind, of those who are my children separated from us. and forced to work as slaves.

But, it was not just my children. there others, many others in bondage by the enemy, this betrayer. I can't make out the face and he doesn't step forward. I awake, sitting up feeling like when I have that dream of getting shot down. Jahní moves, but thankfully she didn't wake with my moving.

It's still dark. I lie back down looking at the ceiling; I need to think well over what Elo spoke about and the choice I have to make.

The next morning I'm up and getting dressed early. Jahní walks into the bathroom and hugs me from behind. "Good morning my love. " I look in the mirror smiling at her. "I felt you wake during the night. Was it a bad dream?"

I nod. "Yeah it was a bad dream." Jahní studies my face and she can feel my emotions. "I met an old man last night and we had an interesting conversation, about the future."

Jahní knows that I'm holding back information, but she doesn't prod to much. "You talked to this old man." She takes my hand pulling me out of the bathroom sitting me down on the bed, as she kneels next to me. "What is troubling you so much? You don't seem yourself."

I could just blow off her question, though I don't feel right about doing that. "I've had more dreams last night about what my role is in the coming war." Jahní Puts her head on my lap and I stroke her hair. I tell her everything that the old man and I spoke of, because there is no need to hold anything back. I relate the different dreams I had as well.

Jahní lifts her head and looks at me in the eyes and there is a bit of disappointment there, though also some understanding. "You are the eldest of us Ant. You must do your you duty, or all will be lost."

She's right. "Lets do something. Lets enjoy the rest of the time we have here and  when we leave and get back I'll make my choice." Jahní seems doubtful about this plan, but she accepts it as an alternative over constantly bickering about it.

We finish dressing and head for breakfast where we meet up with Hal and Lahí, who're already at the table. "Morning Skipper." Hal says standing up, but I wave him back down. No need for such formalities now.

"Good morning both of you." Lahí inclines her head  greeting us both, Jahní does the same.

Hals face changes as Jobahars walks in bowing in that way he does, that is surprisingly annoying. "Good morning to all of you and I hope you all rested well last night."

I incline my head as do the others, but not happily. The Nahaní comes in dressed in more traditional Majah-tu attire. Jobahars mouth drops a bit at Nahaní's beauty, as he walks up to her bowing taking her hand kissing it quite affectionately. Nahaní blushes seemingly not used to the attention. "What are you doing Jobahars?"

Jobahars smiles. "It's what any gentleman should do when a beautiful lady walks into the room."

Jahní smiles shaking her head.  "I see your as smooth tongued as always." This makes me feel better not as much to worry about.

******************************************

Time moves quickly by and the day to depart comes. A couple  of days prior Jobahars asks us for a favor. I didn't want to do it, but Jahní is a different story. He wants us to take his daughter to Majah prime and watch over her for a time.

I look at Jahní and she's still a bit upset that I didn't want to help a child, though it's a problem for us, in my point of view. "Are you still made at me?"

Jahní gives me a side glance and chuckles. "A little, but it will be fine. You will see that the girl will also be fine once we get her into a study program."

"I hope you're right."

"It will work out for the best." I've heard things like that before, so I will cross my fingers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107 29 50
Embark on a thrilling odyssey across the cosmos with Captain Elena Ramirez and her intrepid crew aboard the interstellar vessel Stellar Voyager. In a...
106K 4K 50
No less than two years after humanity's acceptance into the Galactic Assembly and participation in the Drev War, most aliens have still never seen a...
46.8K 2.8K 11
The year is 2083, and for the last 40 years, Humanity has enjoyed a golden age of science and technology, due to breakthrough faster-than-light space...
73 0 11
In the aftermath of another attack on her colony, Royal Commander Grex needs options. Without taking the war to her enemy, she risks her own nest bei...