Dangerously In a Heartbeat

Від imaginarysekai

"You want to die?" "I will even if don't want to. Life is there, so death exists. It's not like we can escape... Більше

Prologue
Chapter 01: Hollow and Void
Chapter 02: Insignificant
Chapter 03: A puppet
Chapter 04: Three Rules
Chapter 05: Who am I, really?
Chapter 06: Saga between the two Mafia.
Chapter 07: Must I break?
Chapter 08: Pretty fingers
Chapter 09: A stranger to me
Chapter 10: An Entrance
Chapter 12: Forsaken
Chapter 13: Damaged
Chapter 14: Firstborn and the eldest heir
Chapter 15: Fuck, fucking, and fucked
Chapter 16: The Fake
Chapter 17: Son of the Russian Mafia's
Chapter 17: Stepfather
Chapter 18: My Personal Monster

Chapter 11: Nathan Santiago

3.8K 125 29
Від imaginarysekai

ɴᴀᴛʜᴀɴ sᴀɴᴛɪᴀɢᴏ

ʜᴇʟᴇɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ
୧‿︵‿︵  ✾  ︵‿︵‿୨

𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 what some of them were saying.

"I can't believe this, did she just sit next to him? "

"What a bitch, already making moves."

"Probably a sl-"Sighing, I cut everyone off. Why can't people just mind their own business?

"Want to finish that sentence of yours out loud? " I asked loudly, staring at a girl who looked like a plastic Barbie.

"Why do you look like Hailie? Did you get surgery or something? Anyways, who the hell are you to talk to me lik-" Her overly high-pitched voice was hard to listen to. It was irritating. She's dumb too. Leaning against the chair, I sigh–cutting her off.

"I'm Helen Kotov." A grin made its way to my face when I saw her pale, slightly.

"You're the Helen Kotov?" She asks, gulping. Probably regretting her words. Oh right, by now I must be the most trending topic at school.

"The one and only." I gave her a half grin, completely ignoring everyone. However, the stares annoyed the shit out of me. Finally, I asked the flabbergasted teacher to continue with his lesson. He resumed from where he stopped, continuing the lesson.

"Hi, my name's Kol." The blonde guy next to me whispers, a cheesy grin on his face as his lips formed into a bright smile.

"Okay. That's none of my business."I gave him a blank stare.

"Ouch, you hurt me right here, cupcake." He faked a painful expression, pointing at his heart, on the wrong side.

"That's the wrong side," I told him, focusing my attention on the lesson.

"Oh, that doesn't matter, but you really hurt my heart, cupcake." A death glare made its way to my face, hoping he'd stop talking. I rolled my eyes at his behavior. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Kalen scowling at me. I shrugged, turning my head to the board.

Poke.

Poke.

Poke.

POKE.

"What?" I whisper yelled, glaring at Kol. He smiled. Gosh, how the hell am I going to spend one year sitting next to him?

"Damn, don't be like that Cupcake, but why do you look like you want to slap me? You also look kind of offended, to be honest." He rambled. Why can't this guy stop talking?

"The only thing that's offending me is your face. I would slap you but I don't want to make your face look any better. " His face fell at my words.

"Is that so?" He sounded like he  was hurt. I mumbled an uncertain 'yeah' under my breath. Then suddenly, He smiles so brightly I thought my eyes were going to be blind.

"Oh my, I already love you. " He grinned.

"Are you crazy?" I asked him. This guy was unbelievable.

"Yeah, you can say. Do you love me? " He asked. It sounded so creepy and cringe. What have I done to deserve this? I thought to myself.

"No, why would I? " I looked at him, disgusted.

"Aww, don't be like that, " He cooed.

"Just shut up!"

Indeed, he did shut up—for a while.

"You know, I always wonder if I could drink pancakes. I always eat pancakes, but I never got the chance to drink. Can't you like make pancakes, mix them and make them into something like a milkshake, or pancakes shake and drink it? " He mumbled looking at me for an answer. I sigh. This guy was totally crazy.

"Why go through all the trouble? Just eat it. " I said slowly hoping he would understand.

"No,"

"Idiot. "

"Did you just call me an idiot?"

"Yeah, now shut up. Your voice is irritating me."

"Don't say that. I thought we were friends."

"Who said you're my friend?"

"I did"

"And you are? "I smirked when he huffed, rolling his eyes.

"You know? I always wonder-"

"I wonder when the fuck will you shut up."Harsh, but I was annoyed by his 'I wonder' stupid thing.

"Fine, but I wonde-"

I quickly stood up leaving the class as the bell rang. Thank God, or else I might've gone crazy. The rest of the classes were boring.

"Finally," I muttered, standing up from my seat and making my way to the door as the bell rang informing everyone it was lunchtime.

"Hey, Halen." Someone said loudly. I groan when I saw it was the boy from the first class. Kol.

"What do you want? " Ah, I really want to eat right now.

"Noon't be so rude. Can't I come to see my friend?" I groan when I saw everyone walking past us giving both of us very judgemental glances. Not that I cared though, it just annoyed me.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I'm not your friend. " I spat, glaring at him.

"Oh come o-"

"Helen, come with me. "Ryan says loudly, grabbing my arm. He gave Kol a glare as if telling him to back off, but Kol didn't. So I smiled sweetly at him before Ryan dragged me towards the lunchroom.

"You know, I can walk on my own. " I mumbled.

"Why were you talking to him? " He asked, completely ignoring me.

"Well, none of your business. "

"You are not talking to him anymore. " He threw a hard glare at me as if asking me to say anything about it. I just shrugged, cause it's not like I want a friend or anyone to get messed up in my messed up life. I would rather be alone, without ruining someone else life.

We enter the cafeteria, stealing everyone's attention as we made our way to a table that was in the middle of the cafeteria. I noticed how the lunchroom turned silent as we entered. I kept my head down. Ryan sits down, pulling on my arm, and motioning me to sit beside him.

"Everyone, this is my sister, Helen. " Ryan announced as soon as I sat down, gazing at everyone who was at our table. The fake Barbies gasp as I held my head high, looking emotionless as always. The jocks simply just stared at me. If you can call that.

I took my time to observe everyone at the table, but suddenly my eyes met with blue ocean eyes, which I could recognize from anywhere. My jaw clenches when I saw him. I abruptly stood up from my seat, which turned everyone quiet at our table. My legs shook a bit, but I controlled myself. Why was he here? Why was he at our table? Why was he at this school? I was mortified for a second, but I kept on my blank face.

"Hello, Helen. " His lips curled up a bit. Everyone glanced at him and then at me. He played with me. He took the final step of completely breaking me. My best friend, Nathan Santiago.

"Nathan. " I grip through clenched teeth, trying to calm down. My harsh glare made everyone silent, but he was completely relaxed. His eyes roamed my body, and his eyes stayed on my chest for a few seconds. He smirks.

"You've changed." He stated, meeting my angry eyes.

"You're still the same."I retorted back.

"Really, am I?"He asked, wrapping an arm around Hailie's shoulder. I tensed.

"Get your hands off her. " I said calmly.

"Excuse me? He is my boyfriend. " Hailie glared at me.

Oh, and I'm on the edge to rip your boyfriend apart.

"Do I look like I give a fuck? I said take your hand off her. " I demanded.

"Helen, calm dow-"

"Don't. Just shut up Ryan."

"Helen, don't cross your limit. " Ryan said, standing up. Nathan and Hailie were both gazing at me in amusement while the others were kind of frightened. At this point, most of the students were staring at us, whispering.

"There is no limit for me. Nathan, take your hand off Hailie. " I stated, taking a step towards him. I saw a hint of hesitation burst through his eyes, but he chooses to stay still. My eyes were pitch black and my whole appearance seems to darken.

"Let's say this is the last warning. Get your fucking hand off her, I don't like to repeat. " When I took a step closer, he slowly took his hand off Hailie's shoulder, making me a bit relaxed.

"Good. " With that, I turn around and decided to leave the cafeteria.

"Where are you going? " Ren asked.

"Anywhere but not here. " Mumbling, I made my way towards the door. I tried to breathe.

"Wait, " As I made my way out of the cafeteria, Ryan shouts. He grabbed my arm and dragged me to the parking lot, and I let him. I was too overwhelmed to fight against him.

"What is wrong with you? Helen. I get that once he was your—-whatever it was but now you have to respect him because he is your sister's boyfriend." He said as if trying to make me understand what he is saying. My eyes widened at his words. He knew Ryan knew who Nathan was.

"You knew Hailie's boyfriend was once in my life too? " I asked him.

"I know. Nathan told all your brothers about it. He said he doesn't want to keep us in the dark. So he told us."

"What did he tell you guys?"

"He said that you both were a thing, but after you two slept together, you told him that he wasn't good enough, and after that, it created a big fight and you broke up with him," Ryan explained, shrugging.

"And you believed him? " I asked, looking at my brother's eyes. I didn't want to believe that my brothers would choose Nathan over me. I refused to, but his next words were a stab right to my bleeding heart.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I? It's not like I know you. " I stood there, my eyes emotionless.

Yes, it wasn't like he know me. I don't even know me. Who am I?

"Let's go. " When I didn't say anything else, he mumbled.

"Where? " I asked him, getting inside the car.

"Home. "

I throaty chuckle escaped my lips at his response.

"What? " He asked, glancing at me, genuinely curious about my reaction.

"Home? I don't have one. " I spoke, looking dead into his eyes. His eyes widened but regained his posture. Silence filled the car for a minute before he started the car and sped up.

I shut my eyes, signing. The feeling of emptiness crawled at my heart, and the silence in my head suffocated me. I felt so much. The words they uttered to me. The way they treated me. The way my mother looked at me. The way my stepfather abused me. The way my brothers abandoned me. The way I had to beg them.

The way I used to be happy made me want to sob. I wanted to scream and let it all out, but I couldn't. I wasn't able to. I held every emotion inside me. The stronger I had to become, the weaker I felt.

I was drowning in the emptiness so deeply that I felt isolated and suffocated. I felt weak, but I have to be strong.

⊶⤟  ❦  ⤠⊷

I shift pleasantly. Suddenly, I was aware of everything and realized someone was carrying me. My eyes opened, and I jumped six feet away from whoever carried me. I lost my balance and I cursed under my breath since I knew I'd hit the ground. Yet, a strong arm wrapped around my waist before such a disaster happened, and my back hit someone's solid chest.

"Ryan, you can leave now," Ace says to Ryan, and he grunts in response before heading out of my room. I felt Ace's minty breath against my neck, and I shivered.

"Ace, what are you doing here?" I asked him, shoving his hand off of my waist.

"You are strong." He muttered under his breath.

"Mhm?" I locked my eyes with his dark solemn eyes that were so secretive and deep. I knew one thing by looking into those eyes. That the sanity inside it was gone. There was only darkness in it. When he took a step towards me, my breath hitched in my throat and I forgot to breathe for a second. I didn't realize what was happening to me. This has never happened before.

Get a grip on yourself, bad Helen.

I scowled at myself for feeling this, whatever it is.

"Helen, I know that you're upset that Hailie is dating Nathan." He started, emotionlessly, but his eyes were solely focused on every expression on my face. My eyes darkened and my fist clench on instinct.

"I don't fucking care about him."

"Don't talk to me like that." He gritted through his teeth.

"I will tal-" His muscular hand wrapped around my eyes tightly as he pulled me towards him. He tilted his head down to look at me since I was shorter than him.

"No, Helen. You will not talk to me like that, ever again. Got it?" His black fell, hiding his mesmerizing eyes. His jaw was clenched, and it made him look so—

What the fuck? What the actual fuck am I thinking about? He's my brother, for crying out loud.

"Do you understand?" He closes the space between us. His nose touched mine. Why does my throat feel so dry?

"Y–yes." Did I just stutter? Disgusting.

"Good." He stared down at me, delighted. I scowled at him as he let go of my waist.

"I'm far from being good, brother." He wasn't pleased with my answer, or should I rather say that he wasn't pleased that I had called him that one word. Brother.

But he is my brother, and I am his sister.

"Bye for now, precious," Ace whispered and made his way out of my room, without looking back once and closed my door.

I groaned, confused, and threw myself into my bed. Slowly, everything that happened today sinks into me.

What the fuck just happened a while ago?

⁀➷

IT'S 3AM rn and idk what I'm doing without sleeping. I feel so hyper atm.

Also, the next chapter will be updated on Friday. Just wanted to thank you all for giving a chance to this book. I really really appreciate it!! And how are you all doing? My school starts next week and I'm not prepared for it at all. T-T

Vote, Comment & Share.

ℳ𝑒𝓁 ⟿
💌

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Family Comes Last. Від Midnight_Memories210

Підліткова література

17.7K 812 46
Their favourite cocktail? One part betrayal mixed with bloodshed, One part secrets, half-part death with a splash of love....on rocks. "My Sisters wa...
Hidden Від RA

Сучасна проза

22.4K 754 70
Valeriana has known nothing but neglect and abuse. Her mother took her from her father and brothers at the age of 3. Valeriana has no knowledge of he...
305 22 17
For years, the Spanish Familia, a criminal organisation, has been in a fight with the Serbians and it is about time this war ends once and for all, u...
Letting go of pain Від Gracejenniferanne

Підліткова література

6.2M 184K 76
Being thrown away in the garbage in a dark alleyway in London when she was only a baby, she should have died that day... But she didn't.. instead, a...