My Snow Angel: RWBY Volume 1...

De DevilishMan87

"Your legacy is being written by yourself." Bruce Kingsman the younger brother of the world famous Huntsman D... Mais

Chapter 1: Ruby Rose
Chapter 2: The Shinning Beacon Part 2
Chapter 3: The Shinning Beacon Part 2
Chapter 4: The First Step Part 1
Chapter 5: The First Step Part 2
Chapter 6: The Emerald Forest Part 1
Chapter 7: The Emerald Forest Part 2
Chapter 8: Players and Pieces
Chapter 9: The Badge and The Burden Part 1
Chapter 11: Jaunedice Part 1
Chapter 12: Jaunedice Part 2
Chapter 13: Forever Fall Part 1
Chapter 14: Forever Fall Part 2
Chapter 15: The Stray
Chapter 16: BLAK and White and Gray
Bios: Team BLAK
Chapter 17: Best Day Ever
Chapter 18: Welcome to Beacon

Chapter 10: The Badge and The Burden Part 2

137 1 0
De DevilishMan87

(3rd POV)

After getting changed into her normal attire and getting Myrtenaster, Weiss returned to Port's classroom readying her Myrtenaster at the growling creature in the cage barely seen at the end of the last episode. Her teammates cheer her on from their seats in the front row.

Yang Xiao Long started cheering with her raising her fist. "Goooo, Weiss!" Yang cheered. Blake Belladonna is waving a small flag saying "RWBY" on it. "Fight well!" Blake cheered. "Yeah, represent Teeeeam RWBY!" Ruby cheered. Weiss Schnee lowers her rapier and looks over at her "leader" and glares at her. "Ruby! I'm trying to focus!" Weiss said. "Oh, um... Sorry..." Ruby apologized looking sheepish.

A row behind the rest of Team RWBY was Team BLAK who watched the exchange. "Sheesh harsh." Felix said. "It appears Ruby is Weiss' biggest fan, but not the other way around." Luke said. "I thought you said Weiss was trying to be a better person." Amelia said now looking at Bruce who looked at the heiress questioning if he should doubt what she told him. "I thought she said she would." Bruce said.

"Allllright!" Port said standing next to the cage, pulling out his trusty weapon Blowhard. "Let the match... begin!" Port said. The professor swings down and breaks the lock, dropping the cage door and revealing the Boarbatusk inside, which immediately charges at Weiss.

She uses Myrtenaster to deflect its attack and roll to the side, readying herself for its next move. The Grimm stands a distance away from its enemy, studying her. "Ha-ha! Wasn't expecting that, were you?" Port asked. "Hang in there, Weiss!" Ruby yelled to her teammate.

Weiss is now speeding towards the oncoming Boarbatusk, sticking her blade straight at its skull until they meet and Myrtenaster is trapped in the beast's tusks. Weiss is still hanging on to the hilt, and is tossed around as she struggles to get the rapier back. "Bold, new approach. I like it!" Port said. "Come on, Weiss, show it who's boss!" Ruby yells at the girl.

Weiss turns to glare at Ruby which doesn't go unnoticed to everyone, especially Bruce who looks at her with a voice whispering in the back of his head that is telling him the opposite of what he wants to believe in his sort of friend(?)'s words from the other day.

Taking this opportunity the Boarbatusk turns its head and rips the sword from her grip. Myrtenaster lands far away from its master, who is knocked back by the creature's tusks. "Oh-ho! Now what will you do without your weapon?" Port asks the girl.

Weiss looks up just in time to see the Boarbatusk charge again, rolling out of the way just in time to avoid getting trampled and making it crash into a desk. Weiss rushes at her sword and slides to get it back in her hand. "Weiss! Go for its belly! There's no armor underneath-" Ruby tries to shout out a suggestion until Weiss turns to her teammate completely irritated. "Stop telling me what to do!" Weiss yells.

Ruby looks hurt at Weiss' rebuttal while Bruce looks at her surprised by what the Ice Queen yelled. "Well I guess actions speak louder than words. Although in this case words speak louder... than... words? I don't know what I was trying to say. Should I try a different term here?" Amelia asks herself. "I get what you were trying to say." Felix said, giving her a comforting pat on the back that brightens up Amelia's spirit.

Meanwhile, the Boarbatusk leaps into the air and rolls into a ball, spinning rapidly in the air and landing on the ground, consistently gaining speed until it launches itself at Weiss. It comes closer and closer, but Weiss activates one of her blue-white circles and blocks the roll, leaping up into the now-black snowflake symbol and turning it blue again so she can drive the blade into the Boarbatusk's stomach. It squeals and falls silent while Weiss gasps in relief.

"So wait Weiss tells my cousin to shut up, but does exactly what Ruby tells her to do?" Amelia asks with a quirked eyebrow looking at the girl in confusion. "Taking credit for stuff other people did or say, certainly sounds like a Schnee." Bruce said, glaring at the frosty female for her outburst from earlier.

"Bravo! Bra-vo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true Huntress-in-training!" Port said as Weiss stands up at attention from her exhausted position and Ruby continues to frown and Bruce continues glaring daggers at her. "I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings, and... stay vigilant! Class dismissed!" Port announces.

Weiss glares and turns away, walking hurriedly to the exit past her teammates. "Sheesh, what's with her?" Jaune asked. The remaining members of Team RWBY and all of Team BLAK look at each other with the same question.

Everyone watches as Ruby who then gets up from her seat and follows after Weiss. "Keep your word. Whenever you say you will do something and don't do it, you teach others that you cannot be trusted." Luke said.

The others then look at Luke with various expressions. "That sounds like something from a fortune cookie." Yang said. "I'm going to go make sure Ruby doesn't make her more angry than she already seems to be." Bruce said as he stood up and followed behind Ruby keeping his distance.

Bruce followed Ruby for a bit until he noticed the red hooded reaper stop moving making him realize she finally found Weiss. Not wanting to interrupt anything he decides to wait patiently until their conversation is done and intervene if it is necessary.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you being-?" Ruby asked until her teammate cut her off. "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? You're supposed to be a leader, and all you've been so far is a nuisance!" Weiss said, prompting Ruby to scoff. "What did I do?" Ruby asked.

Bruce sighs hearing this not go as he hoped it would with the girls still arguing. "Those two girls could mainly be described as literary foils in a story, wouldn't you agree?" Bruce heard a familiar someone say.

He turned around to see Ozpin behind him making him quick and silent 'yelp' in response while Ozpin took a sip from his mug of coffee. "How long have you stood there?" Bruce asked. "Relax yourself Kingsman, I came across you when I heard Ms Schnee and Ms Rose arguing. I don't have the required time to give them both a lecture so could you do me a favor and talk to Ms Schnee about maybe loosening up on her team leader while I talk with Ms Rose here?" Ozpin asked. "Uh-uh sure." Bruce said. "Delightful, I'd run now if you want any chance of finding your schoolmate." Ozpin said.

Bruce looked at him unsure what he was talking about as Ozpin pointed past him. Bruce turns around and sees Ruby looking down so he then understands that Weiss must have left. This prompts the young boy to run past Ruby in hopes to find Weiss. "Wait Bruce, where are you..." Ruby was yelling until she stopped when she saw Bruce not look back at him.

Seeing he wasn't looking back Ruby looks down dejected. Ozpin quizlet walks up right behind a surprised Ruby with a coffee in one hand and his cane in the other. "Hmm... Now that didn't seem to go very well." Ozpin said. Ruby looked doubtful of herself as she was even on the verge of tears. "Is she right? Did you make a mistake?" Ruby asked, making the headmaster laugh slightly. "That remains to be seen." Ozpin said.

"What do you mean?" Ruby asked. "I mean, it's only been one day. Ruby... I've made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet. But at this moment, I would not consider your appointment to leader to be one of them." Ozpin said. He then leans in closer so he can look more directly at Ruby. "Do you?" Ozpin asked.

He then stands up straight and continues talking. "Being a team leader isn't just a title you carry into battle, but a badge you wear constantly. If you're not always performing at your absolute best, then what reason do you give others to follow you?" Ozpin asked. Ruby looks thoughtful with Ozpin's words, then smiles at him.

Ozpin then turns around from Ruby, still talking to her. "You've been burdened with a daunting responsibility, Ruby. I advise you take some time to think about how you will uphold it." Ozpin said. Ruby, with a last look of consideration, turns and begins to walk away.

"Well should I go talk to her about this then?" Ruby asked. Ozpin then stops moving and slowly turns his head towards her. "No, I recommend against it. I requested your friend Bruce Kingsman sit down and discuss things with her. If things don't go as smoothly as I imagine they will then you should talk with her, but in the meantime I implore you to take this time to relax, it has been a long day." Ozpin said before walking off. "Alright Bye!" Ruby waved to him before running to her dorm knowing what she had to do.

Meanwhile, after running around aimlessly for a bit Bruce found Weiss standing at a Balcony watching the sunset. "Weiss!" Bruce shouted as he walked towards her. Hearing his voice Weiss' attention was directed towards Bruce who was walking towards her. "Bruce, what are you doing here?" Weiss asked. "We need to talk!" Bruce said, walking up to her and then crossing his arms.

"About what?" Weiss tilted her head. "Isn't it obvious?! The way you treated Ruby in Professor Port's class!" Bruce said. Weiss took a step back, appalled by his attitude, she put a hand on her chest shocked by his anger. "What did I do wrong?!" Weiss asked. "Well you did yell at her and told her being team leader is a mistake." Bruce said. "So it is bad if I am right? Someone just had to say the bluntly obvious fact." Weiss said.

Bruce took a step closer glaring daggers at the girl. "Where was all that talk about trying to be a better person?! Was it all just a lie so I could think so highly of the mighty Weiss Schnee?" Bruce asked in a not pleased manner. "I am, but... come on Bruce! How can you honestly say Ruby is a good team leader!?" Weiss asked.

Weiss then raised her right arm and lifted one finger with each point she had. "She rushes into battle without thinking, she is running this whole thing kinda like a dictator, she doesn't take anything seriously, and everytime I see her she is doing something insignificant and childish!" Weiss said. "Alright, I will admit Ruby hasn't taken the role of leader as important as she could, but Weiss can't you give her a break? She has only been your team leader for one day." Bruce said.

"So what, she just gets to relax and be a child for the first couple of days! I would have taken the role far more seriously than her!" Weiss yelled. Bruce sighed with his hand on his forehead thinking he should try a different approach to telling her about Ruby's role.

Bruce then looked at Weiss trying to have a calmed expression as he could do. "Look Weiss, for as long as I have known Ruby she doesn't seem like someone who makes a lot of friends easily. I could tell you think she should take the role more seriously, but don't you think you should have just tried to tell her more subtly that she should change how she does things? Because what you said to her really hurt her Weiss. She honestly cares about your opinion so much she looked depressed last I saw her." Bruce said.

Weiss slowly turns away from him as her look of anger slowly turns to one of disappointment in herself as she looks away from him with her forming a frown on her face. "And I know you wanted the role as leader, but do you really think this little temper tantrum is going to change anything? You can't just get what you want out of life just by asking for it, like back in Atlas." Bruce said.

Weiss looks back at him angered by what he said as she starts glaring at him. "That is not true at all!" Weiss shouted. Bruce gives her a 'really?' look on his face, Weiss then reluctantly relents under his gaze at her. "Well not entirely true." Weiss said. "Besides, you know what makes a leader? Compassion, heart, humility, confidence, all stuff that Ruby has with you only having one of those because you are so full of yourself you don't care about other people more than yourself it seems like most of the time." Bruce said.

Bruce then slowly starts to walk towards railing to stare off into the distance so Weiss begins to follow him as he continues talking with her. "Look Weiss, all because Ruby is team leader doesn't mean you aren't as important to the team as the others. Think of your team as the wheels to a wagon. If you don't work with the other wheels so well, then you practically are a waste to the others." Bruce said as he stopped near the railing and watched the sun set.

Weiss stops near him with a look of confusion on her face. "So what are you saying exactly?" Weiss said. "I'm saying you gotta work hard, train, study. Show them what you bring to the table. You may not be able to be a good team leader, but that doesn't mean you can't be a good teammate. Show them what the real Weiss Schnee can do! 'Cause no one can be you, but you." Bruce said.

Weiss turns away and rubs the back of her head a she contemplates all these words he has said through the conversation. Thinking over how she acted towards Ruby and what she has said Weiss can't help, but agree he raised a few points about leadership and her unfairness to the younger student. Maybe it wouldn't be bad to think a bit of his advise and appreciate what she has got.

Weiss shakes her head and smiles fondly before turning to her friend. "Well Ozpin, I can't say without a doubt that he made a good choice making you your team's leader." Weiss said. "Thanks." Bruce said, smiling at her. "You are right! I got to make it up to Ruby by talking with her! Thanks for all your help Bruce." Weiss said.

To show her thankfulness Weiss opens her arms and is about to wrap them around the yellowed eyed sword wielder, until he puts his hands on her chest and shoves her back. "No, don't!" Bruce yelled, leaping back. Once he feels himself at a safe distance away he looks at Weiss who has a hurt expression on her face.

Seeing how hurt she was Bruce rubs the back of his neck embarrassed as he looks at her with a sympathetic look on his face. "My apologies, I just don't like being touched without agreeing to it." Bruce whispered loud enough for the heiress to hear. Weiss' look of hurt then melted into an apologetic look on her face. "Oh I didn't know. ...Sorry." Weiss said.

The two of them stood there in silence until Weiss took a few steps back while pointing behind herself. "I'm going to go apologize to Ruby." Weiss said. "Well that is good to hear. I'm going to go see how my team is doing." Bruce said waved to her as a way to say bye. "Alright, um bye!" Weiss said awkwardly, waving back. "Bye!" Bruce said as he turned around and the two of them walked away in different directions.

Weiss was about to get off the Balcony until she turned her head to get one last look of Bruce before he was out of sight. Weiss sighed sadly as she walked away feeling hurt by Bruce's reaction to her attempt at hugging him. Weiss didn't know why, but it wasn't the fact that Bruce pushed her away a bit violently that hurt her the most. It was the fact he didn't want her to be too close to him that hurt more.

Time Skip brought to you by Chibi Weiss releasing a wave of ice dust that freezes Chibi Luke, who then teleports above her and smashes into the ground with her below.

As soon as the moon rises into the air signifying it to be night time Bruce walks down the halls of Beacon walking to his team's dorm room hoping to find the others there. He unlocked the door to see all his other teammates in their traditional clothes doing various different activities.

Bruce first looked at his partner to see Luke reading a book on his bed looking fascinated by it as he flipped a page forward. Bruce's yellow eyes then looked to see Amelia who was currently working on another arrow. It looked like she was connecting the fletching's to the shaft so she could use them with her crossbow. Last, but not least Bruce looked at Felix listening to music on his scroll through his head phones lifting a weight of a thirty five pound dumbbell with one arm as if it was nothing.

He then closed the door behind him, gaining the others' attention. "Well look who came back. We were starting to get worried." Felix said, taking his headphones off and putting his dumbbell down. "Well don't worry I'm fine, I just wanted to look around the academy after I set Weiss straight." Bruce said as he went to sit on his bed wanting to take a moment to relax.

"Mm you seem to be spending a lot of time with the Schnee recently." Luke said. Bruce then instantly turned his attention to his teammate. "What is that supposed to mean?!" Bruce asked. "Nothing, just an observation." Luke said as he flipped the page to read a new one. "Yeah, how did it go anyway?" Amelia asked as she put her arrow down and laid on the back of the bed with her head hanging off. "It went fine, we just talked and she saw the problem she was presenting to her team." Bruce said, shrugging his shoulders.

Bruce then slightly blushed as he remembered how Weiss seemingly out of nowhere was about to hug him. Normally when he gets physically close to someone who seems nice at a certain moment things turn rotten really quick for him. And yet Weiss didn't seem to plan anything nefarious it seemed like which confused Bruce. 'If she didn't intend to harm me in some way, why did she want to hug me?' Bruce thought with a finger on his chin while thinking of possible reasons.

"Oh really then why are you blushing?" Felix said. Hearing what the strongest member of the team said Bruce then noticed his cheeks did feel slightly warmer than they really are. He looked to see Felix and Amelia sharking a smirk on their faces and he turned to see Luke with a similar look on his face that wasn't as big a smirk as the others, but still a smirk.

Dreading talking about this with the others he decided to end this conversation. He stood up and walked towards the dresser and pulled out his pajamas. "Look it's nothing, it was just a talk! Now if you need me I am going to go change in the bathroom!" Bruce said as he quickly rushed to the bathroom for privacy with the other staring at him until he locked the door.

"He has to realize this might mean something right?" Felix asked. "Yeah it's certainly obvious!" Amelia said. The two then turned towards each other still smirking, until they realized how close they were to each other on Amelia's bed. Amelia then takes a major scoot to the side away from Felix as he takes a small scoot to the other side of the bed. "You two should look in a mirror." Luke muttered to himself with his eyes glued on his book.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

13.4K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...
1.4K 36 9
Beacon's second semester is here! Y/n is still being monitored closely by Ozpin and Y/n is amazed at how a man like him has made it so far even with...
8.4K 270 31
RWBY. A world about four amazing girls attending a prestigious academy, who's sole purpose is to train the next Huntsmen and Huntresses to fight off...
8.2K 174 52
It's a new year at Beacon Academy and that means new students. Ace Dodger is one of those new students. Despite having lost both of his parents 6 yea...