My Snow Angel: RWBY Volume 1...

By DevilishMan87

"Your legacy is being written by yourself." Bruce Kingsman the younger brother of the world famous Huntsman D... More

Chapter 1: Ruby Rose
Chapter 2: The Shinning Beacon Part 2
Chapter 3: The Shinning Beacon Part 2
Chapter 4: The First Step Part 1
Chapter 6: The Emerald Forest Part 1
Chapter 7: The Emerald Forest Part 2
Chapter 8: Players and Pieces
Chapter 9: The Badge and The Burden Part 1
Chapter 10: The Badge and The Burden Part 2
Chapter 11: Jaunedice Part 1
Chapter 12: Jaunedice Part 2
Chapter 13: Forever Fall Part 1
Chapter 14: Forever Fall Part 2
Chapter 15: The Stray
Chapter 16: BLAK and White and Gray
Bios: Team BLAK
Chapter 17: Best Day Ever
Chapter 18: Welcome to Beacon

Chapter 5: The First Step Part 2

160 2 0
By DevilishMan87

(3rd POV)

In the Emerald Forest, where a black bird is flying slowly and magnificently, right up to the moment it gives a final shriek and Ruby crashes through it in a burst of feathers as she plummets downward. "Birdie, no!" Ruby screamed. Ruby fires off a few rounds from Crescent Rose to slow her down, then turns the weapon into its scythe form to catch the branch of a tree in her blade and fall downward at a slower pace.

Weiss, armed with Myrtenaster, summons a white snowflake circle under her and leaps off of it to the forest below.

Ren descends with Nora Valkyrie briefly being seen next to him at a faster speed and spins in the air, eventually using StormFlower's blades to spiral around the trunk of a large tree and hit the ground, brushing off his clothes before looking up to see... "Woo-hoo! Yeah! Alley-oop!" Yang said.

Yang, soaring right over the treetops, is using her gauntlets and its fiery force to push her through the air further and further north, spinning and laughing with each blast, even when she crashes through the leaves of a tree and leaps off two trunks to tumble to the ground. "Nailed it!" Yang said as she then ran off.

Pyrrha, her weapon in sword form and armed with a shield, crashes through several trees and rolls on a branch, immediately shifting her blade into a rifle and looking through the scope at Jaune as he continues to scream and fall helplessly with no way to land safely.

Pyrrha coolly transforms her weapon again to its spear form, takes a moment to evaluate her throw, and rockets the javelin deep into the forest until a "THUNK!" is heard. "Thank you!" Jaune yelled from a far, but could still be heard. "I'm sorry!" Pyrrha yelled, waving to him.

Felix holds his arms out as he presses his middle and ring finger on his palm making blades pop out of his gauntlets. He sees him getting closer and closer to an area with high trees so he holds his arms out and when he gets close to one Felix stabs the blades into the trunk of the tree. He then leaps off the tree to jump onto a smaller tree and continued this process until he was on the ground.

Amelia looks as the others fall while she smirks as she uses her wings to land safely on the ground. She looks as she spreads them out and begins walking forward. "Thank you wings." Amelia said as she took out her sword and then began looking for her new partner.

Luke was falling to the ground not at all alarmed how fast he was moving down and how much force he was picking up as he got closer and closer to the ground. Once close enough he suddenly vanished and then seemed to appear out of thin air on the ground. He takes out two guns from holsters under his trench coat and begins walking into the forest keeping an eye on his surroundings.

Bruce was still in the air waiting until he got closer and closer to the ground and then aimed the palm of his down towards the ground. Suddenly electricity shot out of them which slowed down his descent allowing him to land on the ground safely. Bruce then takes out his sword and runs into the forest ready to face what comes.

In the middle of the forest, Ruby lands in a crouch, then darts off with a single mantra in her mind. "Gotta find Yang or Amelia! Gotta find Yang or Amelia, gotta find Yang, gotta find Amelia, gotta find..." Ruby was thinking in her head as she ran. "Yang! Amelia! Guys!" Ruby shouts. Seeing that she can't find her sister or cousin Ruby is now seeing herself partnered with various people in her head.

"Oh, this is bad, this is really bad... What if I can't find them? What if someone finds them first? Well, there's always Jaune. He's nice. He's funny! ...I don't think he's very good in a fight, though. Ooh! What about Blake?! So mysterious, so calm... Plus she likes books! Then again, I'm not sure I'd be able to hold a conversation with her. Well maybe Bruce, we do work well together... But, he seems to not like it when I get too close to him, physical contact wise. Felix? He does seem nice, but I think Amelia will probably hate me for taking her crush from her." Ruby thought in her head.

"Ugh!" Ruby thought in her head as shakes her head of daydreams as she continues running. "Okay... Who else do I know in this school? There's Yang, Amelia, Jaune, Blake, Bruce, Felix aaaand..." Ruby thought.

Time seems to slow down as Ruby skids to a halt in front of Weiss as she is turning to face her. She stops just in time for their eyes to meet and a pregnant pause follows. This ends when Weiss turns on her heel and walks the other way.

Ruby follows Weiss slightly, but stops when she sees Weiss not turning back. "Wait! Where are you going?!" Ruby asked. The red headed girl kicks the ground dejectedly. "We're supposed to be teammates..." Ruby mumbled.

Weiss is seen struggling through the forest, giving an occasional grunt or "Ow!" as she pushes plants out of her way. Deciding that anyone would be a better partner than Ruby, Weiss continues looking for a partner. She brushes herself off and sighs in relief when she hears a voice above her. "Come on, come on! Stupid...!" Jaun said, struggling to pull Pyrrha's spear out of the tree.

Weiss sees Jaune hanging a few feet in the air by the spear embedded in his hood and the tree behind him. As he gives up trying to pull it out, he looks down and sees Weiss, giving an embarrassed wave. Weiss simply heads back in the direction she came from deciding that Ruby is slightly better than Jaune who then groans as what seems like his only help leaves.

Weiss then passes Ruby and pulls on her hood and drags her. "By no means does this make us friends." Weiss said. Ruby's joy of seeing Weiss return makes her not focus on the fact that she is being dragged away into the bushes. "You came back!" Ruby cheers. Jaune sees the scene and waves his arms to get the girl's attention. "Wait! Come back! Who's going to get me down from here?!" Jaune asked.

"Jaune?" Pyrrha asked from below. He looks down at his new savior. "Do you... have any spots left on your team?" Pyrrha asked. "Very funny..." Jaune says, crossing his arms and looks away. He eventually looks down at her and gives a smile, which she returns.

Meanwhile, Amelia was walking through the Emerald Forest with Echo in it's crossbow form trying to see if she could see any of her friends so she could get her partner. "Oh come on, am I the only one in this area or something? Could I at least get some action?" Amelia asked.

Suddenly she heard the sound of a stick snapping making Amelia rush to a nearby tree and hide behind it for protection. "Thank you Oum." Amelia said. To see if the thing that made that noise was friend or foe Amelia slowly starts sticking her head out from behind the tree to see what it was when she sees it is Felix walking towards her.

Amelia sighs and comes out from behind the tree momentarily startling Felix who then calms down. The two of them then looked each other in the eyes and smiled as the two of them then became partners. "Well, it looks like you ain't getting rid of me that easily huh?" Felix asked as a joke. "I wasn't planning on it." Amelia joked back causing the both of them to laugh.

Once they stop laughing Felix begins to walk towards Amelia and the two of them then start walking through the forest. "Any idea on where you think the place we should be looking for is partner?" Felix asked. "Nope, no idea. I could maybe use my wings to fly and try to find it." Amelia said as she pointed at her wings that were spread out. "No, I don't want to risk any chance of losing you." Felix said.

Amelia then felt her cheeks heating up so she then used her wings to cover her cheeks and hide her blush. "You're worried about losing me?" Amelia asked. "Of course, I can't let anything happen to my partner on the first day." Felix which made Amelia slightly frown. "Let's get moving." Felix said. Amelia decides to ignore the pain in her heart and follow Felix as the two of them run to try and find out where the temple is.

Meanwhile, in another part of the Emerald forest Bruce was walking through the forest looking around for anyone at all he could partner up with, but so far came across nothing. He then stopped walking and started turning in place. "Hello!? Anyone!? I could use a partner!" Bruce yelled. Once he got nothing in response he continued walking. "Should have landed near one of the other students." Bruce mumbled to himself.

As he was walking he then starts hearing hissing making him turn to see as multiple Creeps then come out of the bushes. Bruce takes his sword out and starts using his semblance to transfer energy to the blade as he watched them charge towards them. "Well this could make for some fun at least." Bruce said.

Four Creeps start rushing towards him so Bruce slashes his sword in the air and sends out a wave of electricity which hits all four of them. Another Creep comes out of a bush on Bruce's right side making Bruce turn his body toward it. The Creep tries to swing and hits the young hunter in training with its tail, but Bruce jumps up making the tail swing under him and this time in the air allows Bruce to cut off it's head.

Bruce smirks as he thinks this will be easy, but his smirk loosens as he hears more hissing. He looks to see if it was a snake that was making the noise, but gasps as he sees two heads of a King Taijitu come out from the bushes with about eight more creeps coming out. "A shi-" Bruce was saying until he was interrupted by the hissing of the two heads.

Bruce lets one of the Creeps get close to him enough so he could then chop its legs off and then slice of the head. As he was distracted by this single threat the white head of the Grimm similar to a snake lunged at Bruce with its mouth open making the boy quickly react and use his electricity powers to blast him up in the air so when it closed its mouth the two front teeth got stuck in the truck of the tree.

Once he lands on the ground he sees the head that is mostly colored white try to attack the boy. It opens its mouth to try and eat him, but Bruce jumps to the side making him fall on the left side of his body now on the ground. He looks to see a Creep that actually jumped behind him trying to get on his back form where he previously stood, but since he moved this allows the Creep to get swallowed whole by the head.

Bruce then stands up as he sees a Creep burrow into the ground and later jumps up through the ground and tries to leap onto Bruce who stabs it's underbelly with Harmony. One Creep attempts to just attack Bruce from the side causing the hunter to kick its side and lose its balance long enough for Bruce to stab it.

He then notices the last four Grimm all running at him at the same time each one coming in a different direction. Bruce jumps up in the air as electricity starts surrounding his body as he raises his left arm up in the air and when he hits the ground sends a blast wave of electricity that sends all remaining Creeps back for them to hit the ground or a tree, but either way kills them all.

Bruce now seeing he only has to deal with the King Taijitu he looks at the two heads of the snake beast as he then charges toward it. The white halves head moved towards Bruce and once it got close enough it opened its mouth about to try and eat him, but Bruce jumped above it and landed on the back of the head.

Bruce then dashes on the body of the beast as the black part of the snake's head tries to bite Bruce, but he jumps over that head too. He then notices part of the body up above the ground so Bruce runs towards that gap as the white head follows him. Bruce slides under the body making the white head move under that part of its body and follows Bruce who then jumps up on the other side of the body as the head continues following Bruce.

The black head then returns and tries to swallow him, but Bruce uses his semblance making him move even faster as the black head was then passed by the white head. To save it from hurting itself the black moves up above the body and when the head is on the ground it turns it back to the direction of Bruce and slithers under its own body.

Bruce continues running from the heads as it moves up and down across its body trying to get to Bruce. Suddenly after running around its body Bruce jumps up around the middle of the body and moves forward a bit until he then stops running and turns back to the beast.

The heads then come out looking like they finally got their chance to kill Bruce, but when they come close the heads suddenly stop and they hit the ground. The heads try to get closer, but they are unsuccessful, making Bruce smirk.

The two heads move back and turn around to see their body all tangled up thanks to both halves chasing Bruce causing them to wrap around themselves. Before they have a chance to unravel themselves Bruce uses his sword and slices the black head off. The white hisses in response causing Bruce to shoot electricity at it causing it to make a loud hiss similar to a scream.

The head tries to slam it on top of Bruce, but he leaps to the side making the head hit the ground. Before it could get up Bruce quickly takes a chance with this opportunity and stabs its sword throughs left eye and exits through its right eye. With the last head of the beast slain Bruce put it's right foot on the body of the King Taijitu and pulled the sword out of both eyes.

After Bruce pulled his sword out he then heard a growl making him quickly turn to see a Creep leap towards him. Before Bruce could respond the Creep was then shot in the head killing it and making the Grimm land on the ground next to his feet.

Bruce looked up to see what killed the Creep and saw Luke with a gun in his right hand that had smoke coming out of the Barrel. Luke then raises the gun near his face and blows the steam away and lowers his hand to his side.

Luke then begins slowly walking towards Bruce as the corpse of the King Taijitu starts to disappear. "Another one of my words of advice? Never just yell away your location. Even if the Grimm are attracted to negative emotions and not noises doesn't mean Humans or Faunus tend to follow that." Luke said. "Well it helped you find me didn't it?" Bruce asked. "No I found you two minutes before you started screaming your lungs out." Luke said. "Wait what?!" Bruce yelled.

After yelling that an alpha creep that was behind Luke starts moving towards him ready to attack. "I wanted to see if you were as good a fighter as people thought you were. I admit they were just a bunch of creeps and a single King Tajitu, but you seemed to handle yourself with ease." Luke said.

Before Bruce could respond to that he then noticed the alpha Creep leaping up in the air. The alpha Creep then tries to pounce on Luke, who turns on the sole of his foot moving to the side putting in a safe place to the side of the Grimm. His gun then transforms into a knife which Luke uses to stab the alpha Grimm through the eyes and then the brain killing it.

As the Creep hits the ground Bruce looks at him shocked as Luke lifts up part of his trench coat and puts the knife in its own little sheath. "Alright that looked pretty cool, I admit." Bruce said as Luke had a blank look on his face.

Meanwhile, Weiss trudged through the forest, with Ruby back a ways behind her. She realized this was probably the best she could get as Bruce and Pyrrha weren't an option and she would rather be a solo team than work with Jaune. "What's the hurry?" Ruby asked. "I will not let my mission be delayed because you're too slow! I swear, if I get a bad grade because of your—" Weiss said until she stopped when a smiling Ruby suddenly appeared next to her. "What the...?" Weiss asked.

"I'm not slow, see? You don't have to worry about me!" Ruby said. "When did...?" Weiss asked looking back, slightly amazed by the girl's speed. "Weiss, just because I don't exactly know how to deal with people doesn't mean I don't know how to deal with monsters!" Ruby said.

The young girl gets an arm around a skeptical Weiss' shoulders and smiles as she starts talking more. "You're about to see a whole different side of me today, Weiss, and after it's all over, you're going to be like, "Wow! That Ruby girl is really, really cool... and I wanna be her friend!" " Ruby said a bit mousily.

Ruby disappears in a shower of rose petals, which Weiss waves away from her face just as she hears crackling and rustling in the bushes around her. "You may be fast, but you still excel at wasting time!" Weiss calls out to Ruby. She doesn't get a reply back leaving her in silence, save more noises. "Ruby?" Weiss asked.

The forest darkens, forcing Weiss to lean in to try and find her new partner as a pair of red eyes are seen glaring behind her. "Ruby...?" Weiss asked, a bit quiet. The camera revolves around Weiss, as multiple pairs of red eyes stare at her from the bushes and a deep growl is heard. She turns around until she spots a large, jagged Beowolf emerging from a bush and approaching her. "Ruby!" Weiss yelled as the Beowolf roars.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 270 31
RWBY. A world about four amazing girls attending a prestigious academy, who's sole purpose is to train the next Huntsmen and Huntresses to fight off...
9.9K 268 23
It was now time for the Vytal Festival to begin. You and your teammates were all eager to begin fighting in the tournament. But even though you were...
15.1K 152 9
(DISCONTINUED) The Nikos family. The family who brought warriors to Remnant. Their legacy is well known around the world, yet the parents of young Py...
9.7K 212 15
Your journey as Adam Taurus' twin brother continues as you begin your second semester at Beacon Academy. Your team has begun to grow skeptical of you...