My Snow Angel: RWBY Volume 1...

Af DevilishMan87

"Your legacy is being written by yourself." Bruce Kingsman the younger brother of the world famous Huntsman D... Mere

Chapter 1: Ruby Rose
Chapter 2: The Shinning Beacon Part 2
Chapter 3: The Shinning Beacon Part 2
Chapter 5: The First Step Part 2
Chapter 6: The Emerald Forest Part 1
Chapter 7: The Emerald Forest Part 2
Chapter 8: Players and Pieces
Chapter 9: The Badge and The Burden Part 1
Chapter 10: The Badge and The Burden Part 2
Chapter 11: Jaunedice Part 1
Chapter 12: Jaunedice Part 2
Chapter 13: Forever Fall Part 1
Chapter 14: Forever Fall Part 2
Chapter 15: The Stray
Chapter 16: BLAK and White and Gray
Bios: Team BLAK
Chapter 17: Best Day Ever
Chapter 18: Welcome to Beacon

Chapter 4: The First Step Part 1

233 2 0
Af DevilishMan87

(3rd POV)

In the ballroom of Beacon academy most of the students were asleep or up and about getting ready for initiation. One of those people was Nora Valkyrie who was standing in front of a waking up Lie Ren. "Wake up, lazy butt!" Nora says as she dashes to the side.

Lie Ren gets up with a groan as Nora hounds him. "It's morning! It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!" Nora sings. Ren sighs again as he hears groaning from a nearby student. He looks to see Bruce glaring at Nora who is still singing as he tries covering his ears. "Does she have a snooze button?" Luke asked. "Sorry about her, she's... like this." Ren said a loss for words.

The scene changes to him brushing his teeth in the restroom while Nora continues to talk. "I can't believe we've been at Beacon for a full twenty-four hours! Not that I thought we'd get kicked out or anything, I mean, you're the perfect student and I'm... well, I'm me! But it's just crazy, you know?" Nora asked.

The scene changes to the ballroom, where the two are readying themselves. Nora is brushing her hair and still chattering while Ren is tightening the strings on his sleeping bag. "We've been friends for soooooooo long! What are the odds we'd still be together? Well, not "together-together..." Not that I'm not saying that you're not handsome; you are handsome, but that'd just be weird, right?" Nora asked.

The scene changes again as the two are in the middle of eating their breakfast, Nora having a pancake hanging from her mouth as she is still talking. "Right! What was I thinking? But still, I hope we end up on the same team together!" Nora said with her speech muffled thanks to the food in her mouth.

Nora slurps up the rest of her pancake as she continues talking to her friend. "Oohhhh! We should come up with some sort of plan, to make sure we end up on the same team together! What if we bribe the headmaster? No, that won't work. He has the school." Nora said.

The scene changes again as the two are readying themselves in the locker room, Ren loading StormFlower and Nora still talking. "I know! We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal!" Nora said before gasping. "A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a sloth?" Nora asked. "Nora?" Ren asked. "Yes, Ren?" Nora asked.

Ren sheathes his weapons in his sleeves then tells Nora the flaw in her plan. "I don't think sloths make a lot of noise." Ren said. Nora thinks about this for a moment and then smiles. "That's why it's perfect! No one will suspect we're working together!" Nora said. Ren smiles at his friend's craziness and shuts his locker. "Come on Nora, let's go." Ren said. "Not together-together..." Nora said before giggling.

Ren heads out while a skipping Nora follows, passing Amelia Branwen, Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long as they are busy readying themselves. "Mmm those two look friendly." Amelia said. "Yeah, wonder what those two are so worked up about?" Ruby asked her cousin and sister. "Oh, who knows? So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!" Yang said.

"Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking." Ruby said as she strokes Crescent Rose as she sighs happily. "That's... great." Amelia said, trying her best to give a supporting smile.

"Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together." Yang said. "She's right, you gotta do it some time in your life, so how about now?" Amelia asked.

Hearing this Ruby sighs in frustration. "You guys sound like Dad!" Ruby groaned. Ruby shoves her weapon into the locker. "Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!" Ruby said matter of fact like. "You know that it's not true right?" Amelia asked. "But what about when we form teams?" Yang asked.

Ruby suddenly gets nervous as she sees her sister's point. "Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your team or Amelia's..." Ruby said. "Well I was planning on maybe working with someone else. So I could meet more people, have more of a chance to make new friends and-" Amelia was saying until Yang cut her off. "You just want to be partners with Felix, don't you?" Yang asked, smirking, making Amelia faintly blush. "S-Shut up n-now Yang!" Amelia stutters.

Yang brings her hair around her shoulder and starts stroking it as Amelia looks away. "Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?" Yang asked her young sister. "My dear sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?" Ruby asked. "Oh, she is straight forward!" Amelia said. "What? No! Of course I do! I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you... break out of your shell!" Yang said. "She does have a point Ruby, one of your three new friends is your friend because he knows me." Amelia said.

"What the-?! I don't need to 'break out of my shell'! That's absolutely-" Ruby was saying until she was cut off by Jaune. "Ridiculous!" Jaune said. He suddenly walked in between the sisters and their cousin, holding a map and looking lost. "There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Why does this have to happen today?" Jaune asked himself.

Meanwhile Bruce was using a sharpening stone to sharpen the blade of his sword while Felix was retrieving his gauntlets from his locker. "Sooooo..." Felix said slipping one of his gauntlets on. Bruce momentarily stops sharpening the blade to his sword and looks at his new friend. "Yeah?" Bruce asked.

"Your brother is Dean Kingsman?" Felix asked as Bruce sighed and put his sharpening stone down. "Should have known that was coming. Yeah, he was." Bruce said. "Well sorry, it's just... well how could I not talk about him!? The guy is a freaking legend!" Felix said with his arms in the air.

Felix then turns back to his locker and shuts it. "Your brother is so famous when tales of his legends spread across Remnant thousand more people joined the academies. It was like he was the poster boy for professional Huntsman or Huntress! And if you are his brother then you definitely are going to have no new problems here!" Felix said, smiling remembering all the tales he heard when he was seven.

Bruce sighs, making Felix's smile dimmer and turning to look of confusion as he looks at his friend. "Yeah, when people keep on saying how awesome he was or comparing me to my brother they always expect the best out of me." Bruce sighed.

"And what's wrong with that? Isn't it great to be thought of as one serious badass?" Felix asked. "Yeah people do expect that from you, but imagine how they feel when they see you mess up or make a mistake they thought you could handle, but fail just as much as them. With them staring at you alone like that makes you feel like a great disappointment. Like you don't matter or going to measure up to anything great. Thus making you have to work twice as hard until you are as perfect as people expect you are." Bruce said.

Felix then frowns and looks down. "Sorry I didn't know." Felix said. "Yeah, part of the reason I even wanted to come here to Beacon was to show people that I wasn't a younger version of my older brother. To show them that I am my own person. I was enjoying people not knowing my famous brother as long as it lasted, but it looks like that window is closed. Now everyone is probably going to want to be my partner just because of my family ties." Bruce said. "Oh come on now, I doubt people are going to just come up to you and say how great you are and say that you and them should be partners." Felix said, trying to cheer his friend up.

Just as he says this the boys then hear footsteps leading up to them causing them to look and see Weiss Schnee walking towards them giving them a smile. "Hello Bruce Kingsman, I am here to say that I am here to apologize to you. And I want us to have another chance to introduce ourselves so we can hopefully get along together in the future." Weiss said, extending her hand out to him.

Bruce turns his head to Felix giving him a look that says 'I told you so'. "OK then, nice to meet your acquaintance Miss Schnee." Bruce said, shaking Weiss' hand. "Thank you, so Bruce do you have any plans on who you might be working with?" Weiss asked.

Deciding it would be a better idea to get on the heiress' good side Bruce decides to act innocent and pretend he doesn't know what angle she is playing at. "No not really, though I don't doubt some people will try to team up with me." Bruce said. "Oh well, maybe if you are interested maybe we could become partners." Weiss said. "I wouldn't mind that." Bruce said, flashing a smile.

"Great, I hope you don't mind, but I left something in my locker so I am going to go get it if that is OK with you." Weiss said slowly walk back. "Not at all." Bruce said, still smiling. Weiss then smiles and turns around and once she is out of sight Bruce groans and rolls his eyes. "Why would you want to work with Weiss? I thought you hated her guts." Felix said.

"Oh please, I would rather trust a Beowolf with my life than a Schnee. But, as they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer, besides it would be good to be friends with a Schnee who probably gets as much lien as the academy makes in admissions for her allowance." Bruce said.

The young hunter in training then stands up and walks to his locker as Felix puts his hands on his hips. "I don't know man, maybe she just really wants to be nice." Felix said. "So what? It's just a weird coincidence that she wants to be friends with me after Yang blurts that my brother is a famous Huntsman?" Bruce asked as he put the sharpening stone in his locker and closed it.

"Well maybe not." Felix said as he put a finger on his chin. The boy takes a moment to think and gasps as an idea comes to him. "What if she has feelings for you?" Felix said, turning to him. Bruce then starts laughing making some of the other nearby students look at him and Felix. "What?! Weiss Schnee having feelings for me?! Ha! Right." Bruce said as he put his sword in it's sheath.

"Well maybe that's why she wants to team up with you. So she can spend time around her crush." Felix said. "You really have a hard time grasping that Weiss just wants my skill do you?" Bruce asked with his arms crossed. "Just saying, there is a possibility." Felix said. "A very slim possibility." Bruce said as he then walked past Felix making him chase after Bruce. "Still, a possibility." Felix said.

Meanwhile, Weiss Schnee then walks up to Pyrrha Nikos as she readies herself at her locker. "So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well-known individual such as yourself!" Weiss said. "Hmm... I'm not quite sure. I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may." Pyrrha said. "Well... I was thinking maybe we could be on a team together." Weiss said. "Well, that sounds grand!" Pyrrha said. "Great!" Weiss said.

The background disappears into a thundercloud as Weiss adopts a scheming pose and manic smile in her head. "This will be perfect! The smartest girl in class combined with the strongest girl in class! Together we will be unstoppable! And if I can't get her then there is always Bruce I can rely on! I'm sure Dean Kingsman's brother has a couple of useful tricks up his sleeve! I can see it now, whoever I get will be a victory! We'll be popular! We'll be celebrities! We'll get perfect grades! Nothing can come between us now!" Weiss said.

Jaune then comes in between Pyrrha and Weiss interrupting the heiress' evil train of thought. "You know what else is great? Me. Jaune Arc. Nice to meet you." Jaune said. "You again?" Weiss asked, irritated. Pyrrha then hurriedly rushed next to Weiss letting herself be seen. "Nice to meet you, Jaune!"

"Yeah, yeah." Jaune said as he pushed Pyrrha aside and talked to Weiss, posing slightly. "So, Weiss, couldn't help but overhear your fondness of me and Bruce the other day. Unfortunately I think I must warn you he doesn't seem to feel the same way." Jaune said. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" Weiss said. "Don't worry! No need to feel bad. He might not be interested, but can't say the same about me. So, been hearing rumors about teams! I was thinking you and me would make a good one! What do you say?" Jaune said.

Pyrrha then speaks up trying to get Jaune's attention. "Actually, I think the teams are comprised of four students each, so-" Pyrrha said until Jaune cut her off. "You don't say." Jaune said. He then begins advancing on his new target. "Well, hot stuff, play your cards right and maybe you could join up with the winning team." Jaune said.

Weiss then comes in between the two of them and separates them as far as arms could help her do that. "Jaune, is it? Do you have any idea who you're talking to?" Weiss asked. "Not in the slightest, snow angel." Jaune said. "This is Pyrrha." Weiss said. "Hello again!" Pyrrha said, introducing herself.

"Pyrrha graduated top of her class at Sanctum!" Weiss said. "Never heard of it." Jaune said, making Weiss scoff. "She's won the Mistral Region Tournaments four years in a row! A new record!" Weiss said. "The what?" Jaune asked. Weiss, overtaken by anger, starts waving her arms around rapidly. "She's on the front of every Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes box!" Weiss said.

Finally knowing her from something Jaune suddenly gasps. "That's you?!" Jauns asked as the design of the cereal box in question is seen with Pyrrha's smiling face on it. "But they only do that for star athletes and cartoon characters!" Jaune said. "Yeah, it was pretty cool. Sadly, the cereal isn't very good for you." Pyrrha said.

Weiss then appears next to Pyrrha as the box design crumbles behind them. "So, after hearing all of this, do you really think you're in a position to ask her to be on your team?" Weiss asked. "I guess not... Sorry..." Jaune said, hanging his head down. "Actually, Jaune, I think you'd make a great leader!" Pyrrha said.

Hearing this Jaune immediately brightens back up. "D'oh, stop it!" Jaune said. "Seriously, please stop it. This kind of behavior should not be encouraged!" Weiss said. "Sounds like Pyrrha's on board for Team Jaune. Spots are filling up quick! Now, I'm not supposed to do this, but maybe I could pull some strings, find a place for you. What do you say?" Jaune said getting closer to Weiss.

Weiss then takes a few steps back so she can enjoy her personal space. "All right, that's a bit too close! Pyrrha, a little help, please?!" Weiss begged her new red haired friend. Jaune looks back just in time to see Miló strike him, sending the would-be leader flying off the screen. "I'm sorry!" Pyrrha apologized.

An announcement plays on the intercom system gaining all the students attention. "Would all first-year students please report to Beacon Cliff for initiation? Again, all first-year students report to Beacon Cliff immediately." Glynda said over the intercom.

Weiss passes Jaune as he hangs from the wall of a locker on her way out. Pyrrha follows her, grabbing her spear and dropping Jaune to the ground. "It was nice meeting you!" Pyrrha said. "Likewise..." Jaune said slumping against the locker.

Suddenly Amelia, Bruce, Felix, Ruby and Yang walk over to Jaune to see him on the ground. "Having some trouble there, lady-killer?" Yang asked. "I don't understand. My dad said all women look for is confidence! Where did I go wrong?" Jaune said as he accepts Ruby's offered hand and uses her to lift himself back up. "In so many ways, so many ways." Amelia said. "Yeah "Snow Angel" probably wasn't the best start." Yang said. "Come on guys let's go." Ruby said.

Ruby then walks in front of the group as Felix and Amelia walk together behind her with Yang behind them and in the back is Jaune and Bruce. "Well Jaune if it's any consolation I don't think any of us are on her good side." Bruce said. "Glad to know I'm not only one. I just don't want to be on her bad side. I want to be on her good side. Afterall she looked pretty cool." Jaune said. "Yeah and her heart is pretty cold." Bruce said.

Jaune looked forward and saw Weiss walking away with Pyrrha making the blond boy frown which only Bruce noticed. "Hey Jaune, you want my advice?" Bruce asked. Jaune then turned to Bruce and put his hands in a pleading position. "Yes please." Jaune said.

"If I were you I would try maybe focusing on a more nicer girl who would actually give you a chance. There are more girls here than just Weiss, and some of them are actually good." Bruce said. "If you say so, but do you have any ideas on who that could be?" Jaune asked. "No, but I am sure you will find someone. And when you think they are someone who is thoughtful I would maybe just try to act natural. Being nice is a better way to get a woman." Bruce said comforting Jaune as they all left the locker room. "Got it." Jaune said.

Time Skip brought to you by Chibi Amelia blushing when Chibi Felix said she looked nice.

The scene opens to the Beacon Cliff, overlooking a forest, where several students — some old, some new, and some unseen — are standing on silver tiles in front of a mug-holding Professor Ozpin and Glynda with her tablet.

"For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest." Ozpin asked. "Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of "teams." Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today." Glynda said.

"What? Ohhh..." Ruby groaned not liking where this is going. "These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well." Ozpin said. Hearing this makes Ruby groan even more.

"That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years." Ozpin said. Ruby's shocked expression mirrors her world cracking like glass and falling apart. "Whaaaat?!" Ruby asked. "See? I told you-!" Nora said to Ren until Ozpin continued his speech

"After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die." Ozpin said. Jaune laughs nervously and then gulps loudly hearing about the death part.

"You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?" Ozpin asked the new students. Jaune then raises his hand. "Yeah, um, sir?" Jaune asked, but Ozpin didn't hear him. "Good! Now, take your positions." Ozpin said.

Everyone strikes a pose on their tile. Nora crouches low, Ren wields his weapons, Yang raises her fists, Bruce puts his hand on the handle of his sword, Amelia folds her wings out, Felix holds his arms out, Ruby readies her body, and Jaune is still raising his hand.

"Uh, sir? I've got, um... a question." Jaune said as he missed the tile under Weiss rising up into a springboard, rocketing into the air and over the forest, as the platforms activate down the line) "So, this landing... strategy thing... Uh, wha-what is it? You're, like, dropping us off or something?" Jaune asked. "No. You will be falling." Ozpin said.

Jaune continues speaking to Ozpin as he misses more students being thrown. "Oh, uh, I see... So, like, did you hand out parachutes for us?" Jaune asked. "No. You will be using your own landing strategy." Ozpin said. Jaune still looks at Ozpin not seeing an excited Nora and Ren getting launched. "Uh-huh... Yeah." Jaune said.

At her turn, Yang winks at her younger sister and cousin, puts on a pair of aviators, and flies off with a "Woo-hoooooooo!" a second before Bruce then Amelia then Felix and then Ruby get laughed into the air.

"So, what exactly is a landing strategYYY!" Jaune yells at the end when he finally has to get hurled with the cloud of students now making their way down into the forest below under the eyes of the teachers. Ozpin, for his part, simply takes a sip of his drink watching the students move through the air.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

151K 2.6K 15
In the world of Remnant, there are hunters, huntsmen, huntresses, whatever you wish to call them. Their goal in their occupation is to keep the peace...
35.9K 567 23
You are Adam Taurus' twin brother. You and your brother Adam both grew up in an abusive household which eventually led you and your brother to join t...
5.8K 245 13
Always living on the streets and willing to do anything to survive, Y/N roamed the streets of Mistral, robbing from the rich in order to provide a wa...
8.2K 163 16
Torchwick is finally behind bars and the White Fang have been quiet for weeks, leaving RWBY and the other teams of Beacon to look forward to the Vyta...