Surviving Nyx (C.Grimes/TWD)...

Від Local4Life

After a Global Outbreak, where the dead ate the living, the world Nyx's knew would change forever. At first... Більше

ONE: Stupid Morals
TWO: Group Discussion
THREE: Flare
FOUR: Night in the Field
FIVE: Welcome
SIX: Prisoners
SEVEN: Tomas' Dead
EIGHT: Birth-day
NINE: Meeting the Governor
TEN: Neighbours
ELEVEN: New Bow
TWELVE: Attacked
THIRTEEN: Afraid
FOURTEEN: Andrea
FIFTEEN: We're Going to War
SIXTEEN: The Impossible Deal
SEVENTEEN: Anger
EIGHTEEN: Arsehole
NINETEEN: Planning
TWENTY: Renovations
TWENTY-ONE: Clearing the Block
TWENTY-TWO: GSNJ
TWENTY-THREE: R.I.P
TWENTY-FOUR: Feelings
TWENTY-FIVE: Carl's 15
TWENTY-SIX: Flirting
TWENTY-SEVEN: Oliver's Threat
TWENTY-EIGHT: Ownership
TWENTY-NINE: Family
THIRTY: Popular
THIRTY-ONE: Twelve
THIRTY-TWO: Changes
THIRTY-THREE: Adventure Gone Wrong
THIRTY-FOUR: Truth Comes Out
THIRTY-FIVE: Things are Perfect
THIRTY-SEVEN: Campfire & Amber Light
THIRTY-EIGHT: Big Spot
THIRTY-NINE: Things Turn
FORTY: Jaw
FORTY-ONE: Quarantine
FORTY-TWO: Next Step
FORTY-THREE: Slow Motion
FORTY-FOUR: The Calm
FORTY-FIVE: The End of the Prison
FORTY-SIX: Sundered
FORTY-SEVEN: Despondency

THIRTY-SIX: Full Circle

223 5 0
Від Local4Life

(12th December, 2011)

"Nyx, today is your day off right?" Phoebe questions as she walks in my cell to see me still laying in bed, "yeah, why?" I question moving over to let Phoebe get in beside me, "because I have today off as well and I was thinking we could have a girls' day, Lena and Beth are in." I smile at the idea, and agree to spend the day with Phoebe, Beth and Lena. Carl arrives in our cell to see Phoebe laying in his usual spot, "Phoebs, Patrick is looking for you." Carl tries to get the red head to leave. Phoebe rolls her eyes informing Carl that she was just with Patrick and had given him a kiss good luck because he was on the fence today.

"Phoebs, I need to break the news to Carl, and get dressed. Set up a meet up at the gardens in an hour." Phoebe saluted, jumping off the bed and running to go find Beth and Lena. "What news?" Carl asked worried which made me smile, "today, I'm spending the day with Lena, Beth and Phoebe." Carl groans and plops down on the bed, reminding me that he has watch today and was hoping I would join him. "Carl, it's just one day, and I promise to make it up to you." Carl smirked and I knew instantly that his mind went to the gutter, luckily for him that was what I was implying.

"How?" Carl rested his chin in his hands, looking at me like I'm present and he's a child waiting to tear me open. "Let's just say it involves the amber light," I whisper in his ear, Carl groaned shuttering slightly, "damn Nyx, now I won't be able to focus all day." I smirk leaning over and giving him a sweet kiss, "like you focus anyways." Carl playfully shoved me. I give him another peck on the lips before starting to get dressed. I wore black jeans, a white long sleeved v-neck, Carl's black and white flannel over the v-neck, I paired the outfit with my checkered vans.

"How do I look?" I ask Carl as I did a spin for him, "gorgeous as usual, c'mere and I'll do your hair." I beam sitting Indian style in front of Carl, as he gathers my hair brush and bobbins. Carl has been doing my every Monday since Halloween, he said it's because he wants to be a 'professional' once Judith is big enough but I think he secretly looks forward to it. "Nyx, can yew do our hay-er today?" Hailey and Naomi pop their heads into the cell, I pat for one of them to sit in front of me, Naomi decides to go first. I give her a good morning kiss on the forehead and hug, before doing her hair. Carl tied my hair, snaking his arms around my middle and he sighs contently as he snuggles his face into the crook of my neck. I smile grew on my lips as I continued braiding Naomi's hair.

Once I finished the two four year olds hair, they're waved goodbye to us and disappeared. "Carl, I've got to go meet the girls." Carl groans again shaking his head against my neck, causing goosebumps to raise on my skin. "After your watch shift, I'll be all yours for the night." I remind him in a whisper, Carl retaliates by leaving peppered kisses on my neck, before smirking and coming up with an idea. "I get to leave a hickey now and I'll then you spend the whole day with the girls without interruption." I smile at my boyfriend's negotiation skills which are frankly terrible but also rewarding for both of us, "okay."

I whisper as I tilt my head to the side a bit to give Carl more room. He picks his spot, sucking on my soft skin for a couple of seconds, breaking it to give me a kiss, before returning to the same spot. Carl repeats his hickey-making technique about five times on the one spot before slowly removing me from his grip, although now I don't want to go because I'm all flustered. 'You promised Phoebe, now get away before you change your mind.' I thought to myself slowly standing up, giving Carl a soft kiss before rushing off to find the girls.

"There she is, told ya she wouldn't blow us off for Carl." Phoebe spoke to Beth and Lena, who were obviously doubting that I would make an appearance. "Believe me it wasn't easy, he tried his best to distract me and keep me there." I admit as I knew the hickey was probably very noticeable at this point, I grabbed my braid to attempt to block it out of sight but Beth noticed it the second I tried to hide it. "He gave you a hickey! That's why you're so flustered." Beth chimes as I shush her hoping no one would overhear, "wait really?" Phoebe moved my hair causing her and Lena to gasp, as I quickly tried to hide it again. "Can we please get this girls' day started?" I groan and the girls laugh as they nod.

We head for the field, we laid out two blankets and decided to have a cutesy picnic as we shared three hours worth of girl talk. "Nyx have you had your period since-" Lena began to ask, "yes, I get them monthly. I actually think Carl might be oblivious to them though. I force him to be the little spoon during it because my hormones are all over the place and with that thing rubbing against me all I want to do is jump on top of him."

Beth and Phoebe start laughing at my strategy to ignore my period 'horniness'. Lena informs us that she hasn't actually gotten her period yet. "Have you had the talk?" I question Lena who shook her head no, "nose goes" Phoebe chimes, we all race to raise our index finger to our nose and said "not it." I sadly lost, "okay but I'm giving Noel the talk at the same time because I don't want to do it twice." I plan and Lena agreed with me doing a couple's 'talk' session.

"Okay now onto more pressing topics... blue or red?" Phoebe questioned holding up two bottles of nail varnish, I chose the pale blue colour that wasn't too eye catching but still beautiful. I held my hands towards Beth, who wiped my nails with a cloth to get rid of any possible dirt, before starting to paint my nails. "Where'd you get these anyways?" Lena questioned Phoebe as the redhead painted the young girls nails. "Emily loved your have her nails done..." Phoebe admits with a sad shrug, I always felt guilty about losing Emily, she was so young and might've lived longer if she stayed at Woodbury.

"She was a great kid." Beth speaks up with her sweet southern accent, "yeah she was, I wish you guys could've gotten to know her better." Phoebe admits, it's over been six months since Emily died, so I think Phoebe is finally ready to talk about her sister. "Why not tell us about her?" I suggest, Phoebe sighs coming up with a possible story before a massive smile came on her face, "she saved my life once." Phoebe got more comfortable, before telling us about the time that Emily tackled a man three times her size to protect her big sister. How Emily must've overcome with super strength as she knocked the man out and was able to tie him to a tree. "Emmy used to say dying for each other was just another step to the other surviving and if she was given the choice to live or die, she would die so that I could live. She was the strongest person I ever knew." I smile remembering Emily as we did our nails.

"Why don't we go pay Emily a visit?" Beth suggests once I finish painting her nails red with blue strips. "I'd like that." Phoebe admitted we all got up off the ground and made our way over to the graves, there is now 41 graves, we've lost a lot of good people in the last six months. I stop for a second at Riley's grave, placing my hand on her cross and sighing sadly. "She told me how you found her, how you stopped her from going through what you went through. She said that she didn't care if she would die the next day since you let her keep the last shred of innocence she had left." Beth informs me, her and Riley became very close after I brought her to the prison.

Beth was so happy to have a girl her age around to discuss things that she couldn't discuss with Zach. Beth still confided in me, let me know everything that's going on with her but that was more for me than her, to keep my mind off everything. "She helped me a lot that day, saving her in a way was saving myself from all the guilt and anger I had. She set me free." I whispered to Beth before we made our way over to Emily's grave.

We stayed there for half an hour talking to each other and Emily, giving her all the prison gossip, "Nyx and Carl finally got together after months of torturous flirting." Phoebe informed Emily with a chuckle, making me to roll my eyes whilst a smile played on my lips, "your sister found Patrick, and he makes her happy. But he's gotten the warning that if he hurts your big sis that I will kick his ass on your behalf." Phoebe chuckled with tears in her eyes, I pulled her into a hug as she let a few tears fall, Phoebe sighs before pulling away from me. "We've finally come full circle Nyx, and I think I'm finally ready to let go of Emmy." Phoebe admits as she places her hand on her sisters cross as she wrapped her free arm around my shoulder, "I love you, Emmy." Phoebe whispers before we decide to leave the graves.

I spot Sydney and Mrs McLeod's graves. "I'll catch up," I told them as I approached the two graves, "I did as you asked Syd, Oliver is healing slowly but he's getting there, he found some peace. And I think we have a good friendship, there's no more resentment or guilt. I just wish you could've lived." I whispered, I noticed a white flower growing around Sydney's grave, and it made me smile sadly. "Mrs McLeod, you reminded me a lot of my grandmother, and I miss spending hours talking to you, your smile would light up the room. You were always so cheerful, and I'll try my best to find your optimism when things go bad." I discarded the tears on my cheeks as I rejoined the girls.

"Well that was therapeutic." I speak up as I reach the blanket that we were doing our nails on, the girls agreed, "this has been a weirdly wonderful girls' day." Phoebe smiles, she rest her head on my shoulder. "Nyx go grab your guitar, let's have a campfire, and make s'mores." Beth plans our next activity, I do as I'm told grabbing my guitar as Beth sneaks into the food locker to get s'more ingredients. Lena and Phoebe were working on building the fire, Beth and I walked back to Phoebs and Lena together.

The fire was in full swing, Phoebe and Lena were chuckling amongst themselves but quickly stopped once they spotted us. "What?" Beth questioned, Phoebe nodded her head, I look over to see Zach and Noel being held back by Carl, and Patrick. I smile Carl is really trying to hold up his end of the deal, "The boys' shifts are over now, they want their girlfriends back." I inform Beth as I look at my watch, "we could always invite them to have s'mores with us." Lena suggest, I could see she really wanted it, we all look at Phoebe, who had a small smile playing on her lips. "It's getting dark, so the day is technically over." Phoebe points out making me chuckle, as we wave them over.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

79.2K 3.2K 55
The one where Daryl finds a kid who is, most definitely, not Sophia. "You shouldn't get attached to him, you never know what could happen, that's all...
66K 1.1K 40
{FINISHED} The last thing Keeley Salazar could remember was her parents arguing in the car before they crashed. Now three years have passed and a lo...
38.9K 1.9K 37
{the second in the Apocalyptic trilogy} "In a world like this, you forget about the risks that were there before. The thing is...they're still there...
739 52 10
All alone in an apocalyptic world with most of her family presumed to be dead, and now around a cast of strangers who are not the most welcoming folk...